YesNoOk

Street Fighter One (Read 49395 times)

Started by Valkyrie_Project, July 20, 2010, 06:47:46 am
Share this topic:
Street Fighter One
#1  July 20, 2010, 06:47:46 am
  • Say my name!
    • Mexico
Well, this is (obviously) a fullgame remake of the SF1 arcade game, based on the previous work of Falchion22 (with previous permission from him to use his chars) as you can think, the twelve characters are playable with better gameplay and Super Combos too, some fixes from Falchion22's work and a mor old school view using the winscreens option of Mugen 1.0.

Videos:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngqHcPhkADw&feature=player_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jK3HpcTgQoE&feature=player_embedded

UPDATING OCT/22/2010

• CFG file enabled, now you can enabled (for example) the fullscreen from the start in Data folder.
  • Font on the character select changed colors.
  • Bonus Stages has been removed for the moment, that causes a bug of "when I win?"
  • "Random select" slot enabled, if you not decided wich character select, you use this "?" icon.
  • Birdie's stage fixed on the top of the "Head Blocks Pub" construction

Download the updated version from the blog:

http://thevalkyrieproject.blogspot.com/

Again, click on the SFOne banner from the right of the screen. Credits stills in a TXT file  :sugoi:
Last Edit: October 23, 2010, 01:03:35 am by Valkyrie_Project
Re: Street Fighter One
#2  July 20, 2010, 03:57:50 pm
  • IG @tanooki_ninja
    • Puerto Rico
    • maxbeta.webs.com/mugen.htm
Hello again, sir.

I already left some feedback for you HERE with some things that you might want to take into consideration now that you ported this over to Mugen 1.0.
"We need other people in order to create the circumstances for the learning that we are here to generate" RIP Adam Yauch aka MCA
www.instagram.com/tanooki_ninja
#3  July 20, 2010, 05:47:49 pm
    • USA
    • Skype - Uche1234@hotmail.com
A remake of the game that started the fighting game genre?!
(hyperventilating)
#4  July 20, 2010, 05:49:47 pm
  • im finally just like everyone else
    • sites.google.com/site/thespritehaven/
There were fighting games before Street Fighter.

fucking bad poster asshole that home32 bitch
#5  July 21, 2010, 05:49:24 am
There were fighting games before Street Fighter.

To counter that my good sir, what you say may be true in a sense, but Street Fighter defined fighting games as we know them to be today.
#6  July 21, 2010, 06:14:17 am
  • I am hilarious
  • and you will quote everything I say
    • USA
Uche still said it started the genre though. Heavyweight Champ came in 1976, and Karate Champ made the 1 on 1 style a standard in 1984, 3 years before SF1.

I actually had to look this up.
#7  July 21, 2010, 06:46:24 am
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
    • http://jesuszilla.trinitymugen.net/
Encyclopedia Dramatica said:
A fact is a piece of text pasted from a Wikipedia  article.[citation needed]
#8  July 21, 2010, 10:07:24 pm
  • EL FUCKO GRANDE
  • I'm back, nerds
    • Canada
#9  July 21, 2010, 10:08:39 pm
  • I am hilarious
  • and you will quote everything I say
    • USA
Oh you two
#10  July 21, 2010, 11:45:54 pm
  • El Sanguif es mas macho!
The swoosh on Adon's hard Jaguar Kick is upside down.  o_O
#11  July 22, 2010, 03:01:32 am
Heavyweight Champ doesn't count, because it's more of a boxing game than a fighting game.  The earliest fighting game was actually Warrior by Vectorbeam.  It was also the earliest fighting game that uses weapons.

For Karate Champ, it was like the PONG of fighting games (or first successful fighting game) and was seen in Bloodsport starting Van Damme, while Yie Ar Kung-Fu was the basis of modern-fighting games.  Street Fighter 1 is like Yie Ar Kung-Fu on crack, with a touch of Karate Champ for the looks of Ryu and Ken resembling the Karate Champ fighters.

Speaking of Karate Champ, during the time Capcom sued Data East for creating the 1993 Fighter's History arcade, Data East's largest complaint against Capcom was about Karate Champ being the one that started it all in popularizing the genre, which it caused Yie Ar Kung-Fu to be created, while Yie Ar Kung-Fu caused the Street Fighter series to be created.  Despite the controversy, Fighter's History was an out-and-out success, allowing it to receive a couple of sequels.  It may look like a 'direct copy' (as Capcom argued), but it's not.  It's actually a tribute to Capcom's masterpiece - a congratulatory rendition of a genre that was perfected by SFII, yet omnipresent since the heydays of Karate Champ and especially Yie Ar Kung Fu. It was really low of Capcom to try to claim the entire genre as their own - and try to sponge poor old Data East for a few notes in the process.  Street Fighter II is to Virtua Fighter (because they are founders of their genres), while Fighter's History is to Tekken (being influenced by the founders, but being superior).
My Mugen Wish List would include protagonists, mascots and other iconic characters with everything they have brought straight from their source with little or no editing.
#12  July 23, 2010, 06:23:48 pm
  • Say my name!
    • Mexico
Come on, don't fight, just play.  :sugoi:
#13  July 24, 2010, 04:50:16 am
Notable problem: You blocked off the MUGEN.cfg, making it impossible to change the resolution, or get the game into fullscreen. I prefer fullscreen over a small screen surrounded by a large black area myself.

MDD

#14  July 24, 2010, 05:01:26 am
  • OG Pallette Goon
  • Only here for one night let me put it on ya face

ozy

#15  July 24, 2010, 11:41:17 pm
Just wanted to say I think this is an excellent remake and clearly a lot of hard work has gone into it, so thanks a lot for releasing.

I would echo what kkhohoho has said, being able to access mugen.cfg would be very useful for changing screen res etc. Also because of this I believe configs are not saving? I have to rebind my joystick keys every time I start the game...

*EDIT* Just noticed that the random select icon shown in your screenshot is missing from the character select screen in-game.
Last Edit: July 25, 2010, 12:41:37 pm by ozy

ozy

#16  July 25, 2010, 11:06:04 pm
Been playing this for a while tonight and noticed a few... oddities.

* Cody AI knife weirdness - computer seems to get stuck in "pick up knife" animation a lot... weirdness grows exponentially in Cody mirror matches (had 4 x knives on the go at one point).  ???

* Sometimes when the time runs out against Sagat (usually last round), he goes a bit crazy and chucks out fireballs for a while even though the round has ended

* Lee's super is activated by fireball motion away and punch (as opposed to the normal 2 x fireball motion) - not sure if this is by design as he only seems to have one special move?

* I didn't understand the bonus stage, when you break the three bits of wood the game pauses for a while before moving on (I have to break them twice over for some reason).

ozy

PS. Cody is a great addition to the cast!
Last Edit: July 25, 2010, 11:09:42 pm by ozy
#17  July 26, 2010, 05:40:33 am
In case anyone doesn't seem to notice, a lot of the work done here was actually done by Falchion22. He did a SF1 game a while back, and made all of the characters playable, added in the extra game mechanics such as running, supercombos, etc., and even put in Cody. Valkyrie_Project took all of his work and reframed it. But I do give him props for porting all of this to 1.0, and adding a better screenpack, as well as making the experience more authentic.

ozy

#18  July 26, 2010, 07:20:19 pm
Thanks for pointing that out kkhohoho, credit where credit is due. I did not know who had done what in this project... but big props to all involved!
#19  July 26, 2010, 07:29:38 pm
  • Say my name!
    • Mexico
I put it at the beginning of my first post:

a fullgame remake of the SF1 arcade game, based on the previous work of Falchion22 (with previous permission from him to use his chars)

In the readme I mentioned him and in the credits of the game too, anyway I fixed some things in the chars (unfortunally, I never find how fix the "multi-knifes" of CPU Cody, neither the "time stop" in the bonus... sorry about that =/ ) and of course, port they to RC.

I put a random select first, but I removed it when I put again the bonus, that'a because if you use the random, maybe your "fighter" could be the "super" bonus ;P
#20  July 26, 2010, 11:43:47 pm
I must say, this is a very good SF1 mugen. It is very entertaining and very well made.