YesNoOk

Marvel vs Capcom Infinite Thread (Read 831927 times)

Started by Erroratu, November 01, 2016, 08:51:19 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Marvel vs Capcom Infinite Thread
#2261  September 11, 2017, 06:23:14 pm
  • The story begins with who's gonna win
    • USA
Is the any game that has more than two reps besides the X series

Maybe they set a limit for themselves since they knew the Marvel side was losing X-Men
Nevermind, there's nothing I can do
Bet your life there's something killing you
It's a shame we have to die, my dear
No one's getting out of here alive
This time
What a way to go, but have no fear
This time
It's a shame we have to disappear
This time, this time, this time
#2262  September 11, 2017, 07:11:19 pm
  • Oh look, I changed this thing.
    • USA
    • mega491@yahoo.com
The question is why you haven't heard of this the last 10 million times it was explained in the last couple years since Marvel decided to cut down exposure on the stuff they don't own the movies for.

To be honest, I heard about it, I just didn't want to believe it. Knowing Disney's track record, I should know better Byakko, but I went against my better judgement.
#2263  September 11, 2017, 07:39:34 pm
    • Brazil
Well its not like we have many Megaman games nowadays to keep up with the story, right?
#2264  September 11, 2017, 08:49:57 pm
    • Mexico
As far as the roster is concerned, I'd say that Capcom's side is kind of a mess as far as representation goes: Mega Man X gets the most reps out of all franchises, no new Street Fighter characters, Strider gets two reps (which, while not necesarily bad, it's not something I'd expect in a 36 character roster), more Ghosts 'N Goblins characters than Devil May Cry characters. Oh well, maybe they needed to hold back some veterans to pair them up with the X-Men characters that may be included in 2018.
Marvel's side is pretty good for what they could work with, just feeling like a few characters should've been in there (like Ant-Man or Star-Lord).
Also:

The question is why you haven't heard of this the last 10 million times it was explained in the last couple years since Marvel decided to cut down exposure on the stuff they don't own the movies for.

^This.
Why is it that so many people seem to be so oblivious about a topic that's been discussed to death?
It's been explained so many times why the MCU is getting a crapton of focus in recent times, yet people act like Capcom had full liberty on what they could do with Marvel's characters.
#2265  September 11, 2017, 09:12:13 pm
so there's no obscure character trope for marvel like black heart and shumagorath capcom has 2 already arthur and red arremer and a 3rd one monster hunter in the works.
#2266  September 11, 2017, 10:26:04 pm
  • Build it, shape it, by my will.
They're all representatives of classic franchises that would take the bare minimum work to put in.
Then there's Pheonix Wright which at first was odd he would get cut out of the roster.  I mentioned before that he would need a huge gameplay overhaul that isn't worth the time fot launch and his inclusion in the main crossover story would be the odd man out imo. 

I can see him returning for a future season though.

so there's no obscure character trope for marvel like black heart and shumagorath
Well Winter Soldier comes close for surprise inclusion.
#2267  September 11, 2017, 10:30:51 pm
so there's no obscure character trope for marvel like black heart and shumagorath capcom has 2 already arthur and red arremer and a 3rd one monster hunter in the works.
what's your definition of obscure
#2268  September 11, 2017, 11:37:10 pm
  • The Sweeper
  • Surpass my Aniki
    • Algeria
-STREET FIGHTER VI WAITING ROOM-
-DRAGON QUEST XII WAITING ROOM-
#2269  September 11, 2017, 11:54:06 pm
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
Captain Marvel's PS4 exclusive skin:

#2270  September 12, 2017, 03:20:01 am
  • Build it, shape it, by my will.
Gonna be weird not having Japanese VAs for some Capcom characters.

(RIP Chiba Jedah)
#2271  September 12, 2017, 08:20:52 pm
    • Mexico
Small news:
Superior Spider-Man will be a skin in the game for anyone who pre-purchases Spider-Man: Homecoming in PSN or XBOX Marketplace
#2272  September 12, 2017, 08:31:41 pm
    • Brazil
I get pre-purchasing a game to get a skin in it and I get purchasing a game to get a skin in another, but getting a skin from the pre-purchase of ANOTHER game? That is a little too much.
#2273  September 12, 2017, 08:40:12 pm
    • Mexico
I get pre-purchasing a game to get a skin in it and I get purchasing a game to get a skin in another, but getting a skin from the pre-purchase of ANOTHER game? That is a little too much.

It's actually a movie.
#2274  September 12, 2017, 08:47:39 pm
That makes a bit more sense, but I'm more amused by the "while supplies last" tag on a DLC. Are they afraid they're going to run out of kilobytes ?
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#2275  September 12, 2017, 09:12:15 pm
    • Brazil

It's actually a movie.
That actually makes it worse. Even though (I think) its cheaper, its still stupid.

That makes a bit more sense, but I'm more amused by the "while supplies last" tag on a DLC. Are they afraid they're going to run out of kilobytes ?
I know, right? Its not the first time I see it, but it never made sense. If it was from regular purchase, maybe, because if someone bought it late and didn't get the item, they would have been warned. But a pre-purchase? People can't pre-purchase late, 'cause late is already regular purchase.

lui

#2276  September 12, 2017, 09:19:25 pm
    • USA
...? It's a goddamn movie. A movie. It's not even that much. Chances are the costume is gonna be available later on separately. It's a Sony movie and Sony is supporting Capcom. Of course they have first dibs. Plus it's a Spiderman movie so of course there's gonna be a tie in since it just came out.

THINK. Do you ever think?

I swear if they ever came out with a costume that is only obtainable by donating to a charity you would still be grumpy 
#2277  September 12, 2017, 10:20:43 pm
It's a Sony movie and Sony is supporting Capcom. Of course they have first dibs.
it's for xbox and psn

it's also 20 bucks for a movie already seen on theaters by most people that would care about this game so i could imagine why some people are disappointed. it's just a costume so i don't really give a shit
#2278  September 12, 2017, 10:32:16 pm
    • USA
A few more costume reveals and we'll be able to fill a spreadsheet similar to the one for WATCH_DOGS to see just how much crap you have to buy in order to get all the in-game content.

So far is "just" buying the game's super ultra deluxe edition on top of specifically buying the PS4 version on top of buying a movie.
#2279  September 12, 2017, 11:53:52 pm
  • The Sweeper
  • Surpass my Aniki
    • Algeria
Seems like you will still be able to get the costume separately
-STREET FIGHTER VI WAITING ROOM-
-DRAGON QUEST XII WAITING ROOM-
#2280  September 13, 2017, 12:31:23 am
    • Brazil
Shall we get back to removed female characters for a little bit?

That puts Ammy above some people in the current roster already.