YesNoOk

anyone know how too make hi rez characters in fighter factory  (Read 2507 times)

Started by zurn5000, January 26, 2010, 02:41:57 am
Share this topic:
anyone know how too make hi rez characters in fighter factory
#1  January 26, 2010, 02:41:57 am
 hi rez characters in fighter factory  how im  new ::)
Re: anyone know how too make hi rez characters in fighter factory
#2  January 26, 2010, 02:47:54 am
  • 90's Kawaii
  • :thinking:
    • Guatemala

You learn how to sprite, do somewhere between 300-600 sprites and replace them one by one in the sff. Then resize the collision boxes and change the x and y scale to a half of what they were.
#3  January 26, 2010, 09:23:39 pm
is this in the new fighter factory cause i only have the new one is there any way you can give me step by step instuctions on how too use the new fighter factory too cause im a newb ;P
#4  January 26, 2010, 11:50:47 pm
  • SNK is life
dude, you don't make characters in HI RES in Fighter Factory, you can only code them (for which there's tutorials).

If you want to convert a character into HI RES, you need to change the graphics, the sprites, in graphic software. There's no magic button.
#5  January 27, 2010, 03:32:58 am
manga 3.0'=4.0 / snag it /toon boom//gimp/paint.net/paint shop/corel / acid 7/sound forge/fruity loops/ i mean i have programs just not sure witch ones work best ...or do i need different ones and as far as i can see the new fighter factory i don't know does it have an instruction Manuel cause i need one :(
#6  January 27, 2010, 03:37:06 am
  • I'm already Tracer
    • Canada
there's simple hi  res edits, which is resizing ALL sprites and gfx to double size and then filtering to make them look smooth, slapping it onto an sff, editing the coding a bit and calling it hi res.(no one really considers this hi res though ;))

the proper way is to resize each by hand, re drawing each sprite on really, any program you're comfortable with.

check out tutorials and the like :)
#7  January 27, 2010, 09:11:08 pm
so basically what file format can convert too sff and can i use manga 3.0'=4.0 / snag it /toon boom//gimp/paint.net/paint shop/corel /  or do you know any that can convert too sff
#8  January 28, 2010, 07:24:44 am
  • I'm already Tracer
    • Canada
you need fighter factory or mugen character maker or some sort of MUGEN creation tool(there are some included with mugen but those are kinda tough to use :S)

your sprites should be saved in an indexed color .pcx file.

gimp and paint shop pro can do it, maybe corel.

i'm a photoshop man though, i like it better because of the automate tool (don't know how to use that in paint shop pro), and the pallete index is the right way ;)

once you have your sprites converted you can import into fighter factory or mugen character maker, or open up another character's sff and switch the sprites of that char with yours.

if you ahven't already, look at the docs that come with mugen! those will help you alot :)
#9  January 28, 2010, 05:29:56 pm
  • Sr. Black Person
  • Mess with the chuchu you get the pewpew
    • USA
    • Kamekaze.world
Want to feel useful for a useless show? click here
119/150 Chars, I'm not dead yet....the true surprise is in my thread.
Hahahah fuck you photobucket.
#10  February 06, 2010, 10:04:45 pm
yA listen is there any thing that will convert files into sff files ;D
#11  February 07, 2010, 11:13:37 am
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
sprmaker or Fighter Factory or MCM or MEE.
New #12  February 08, 2010, 09:29:29 pm
another thing im trying too use screen packs in mugen 1.0 any body know how cause im newb

also got this low res character that wont work right in hi rez how do i re size the character or stage so that it fits the screen in hi rez  ;D

Last Edit: February 09, 2010, 05:38:32 am by zurn5000