YesNoOk

New Dragonball Super Series (Read 1521939 times)

Started by Omega, April 28, 2015, 02:37:30 pm
Share this topic:
Re: New Dragonball Super Series
#2041  January 15, 2018, 04:45:46 pm
didn't toriyama said that everything is canon in dragonball?
#2042  January 15, 2018, 05:18:15 pm
    • Germany
#2043  January 15, 2018, 05:37:24 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
toriyama is from the pre-yu-no generation, so he is ill equiped to handle that.
#2044  January 15, 2018, 07:23:45 pm
didn't toriyama said that everything is canon in dragonball?

Source?

it's one those magazine interviews he did , he was asked about the legitimacy of the story of gt,minus and the 2 bardock special and the mmorpg. he said that he accepts all of those as part of the dragon ball lore even though the bardock specials and minus contradicts some plots and details in the main story line.

but then again we're talking about toriyama here , he is notoriously known to take the easy way out ,  he's a guy who doesn't really care about the lore and story aslong as he thinks it's cool.
#2045  January 16, 2018, 01:32:00 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
well, yeah, you are right, that's what the zenos mean after all.
#2046  January 17, 2018, 07:36:32 pm
Some images of the next manga chapter have leaked. Caulifla, Freeza (looking all beat up and dejected with a beat up but happy Goku, looks like it's just skipping their fight because who cares), SSJ Cabba, but more notably, Gohan is going in his Namekian gear and not his Turtle gear. Will it go with a Namekian Ultimate Gohan ? Or just ditch the whole Ultimate thing that is still not going anywhere anyway, it's just "oh it's okay he's strong again".
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: January 17, 2018, 07:40:04 pm by Byakko
#2047  January 17, 2018, 11:19:58 pm
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
#2048  January 18, 2018, 12:43:02 am
Yeah, that exact one. Namekian gear, not Saiyan gear that he wore on Namek.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#2049  January 19, 2018, 03:09:08 am
Last Edit: January 19, 2018, 04:03:07 am by Spec Gespenst
#2050  January 19, 2018, 04:56:12 am
    • USA
Well...damn.  With that little remaining, I don't know if we'll have time to cover things I actually wanted out of this.  Time with the other universes.  A satisfying end to this rivalry with Goku beating Beerus.  Some way to tie this all back to meeting Uub.

I guess if the theories about the end of the tournament being wishing all the dead universes be revived and merged into one hold any weight, then maybe other forms of entertainment can cover the first request, probably get some games with the likes of what was Universe 6 and 11.

Would be sad if this really is the end for Super.  It sure as hell was no Z, not quite original DB or GT either, but it was more Dragon Ball and for its lows it had some highs to enjoy.
#2051  January 19, 2018, 08:31:22 pm
Wow, what a massive letdown.
#2052  January 20, 2018, 03:11:25 am
they are probably rewriting some other stuff too, since bulma's seiyuu gone , for me it's a good news they could assemble a better team to handle the show when it's back and write better material with toriyama and toyotaro
#2053  January 20, 2018, 09:17:35 am
  • ???
    • UK
    • Skype - koopakootmugen
The latest manga chapter is out.

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#2054  January 20, 2018, 06:35:38 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
Hiatus is likely so they can write up whatever comes next, its a bummer but understandable. It will give toyotaro time to catch up.
#2055  January 20, 2018, 07:18:26 pm
  • ???
    • UK
    • Skype - koopakootmugen
Isn't there gonna be a movie at the end of the year? Most likely, their best animators will be working on that.
#2056  January 23, 2018, 11:03:18 pm
Oh hey, the manga makes a passing remark about everyone in the tournament for U7 being from Earth. Feels good that they acknowledge that, and how they wiped Freeza's army which was the bulk of the strong people across the universe (well, at least Ginyu after training with Freeza would have been decent - although I can't even remember if he died again in Resurrection F).
Poor Yamcha. "if Yamcha wimps out, I'll go grab Chiaozu."

Reading this again, it's pretty clear that there's still a lot of storylines they've started, and it looks like they actually want to go through with some of them. So yeah, I guess the anime hiatus is to find a solution about the death of Bulma's VA. It's just irritating that they dragged the tournament arc for so long with so little actual content and at this point it's clear that it'll have a very boring end, there's so little to expect from the anime for quite a while.
#2057  January 25, 2018, 03:17:28 am
  • Rurouni Fan
  • The dream is nothing yet drive us to the end.
    • www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLaWlQGjKyJWoXxMR8nrea7P4R9C0JnA-_
One day someone will rip the Inuyasha stages... Not today nor tomorrow, probably not even in this decade. But you know, someday... :')

Did you play the new
#2058  January 25, 2018, 03:37:42 am
    • USA

It's the opening to Budokai Tenkaichi.
#2059  January 25, 2018, 07:14:16 pm
  • Rurouni Fan
  • The dream is nothing yet drive us to the end.
    • www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLaWlQGjKyJWoXxMR8nrea7P4R9C0JnA-_
Oh!! Thank you very much!  :nuttrox:
One day someone will rip the Inuyasha stages... Not today nor tomorrow, probably not even in this decade. But you know, someday... :')

Did you play the new
#2060  January 28, 2018, 02:02:44 am
  • "VS. Style Debuts - CEO"
  • Death is the start of a brand new cycle
    • Brazil
    • Skype - emperorzankuro
    • https://shinzankuro.carrd.co/
Ok... I can say

Spoiler: 125 SPOILERS. DON'T READ YET IF YOU DIDN'T WATCHED (click to see content)
- Want to commission me for a artwork? Just come here
- Donations is welcome
Last Edit: January 28, 2018, 02:28:16 am by ShinZankuro