YesNoOk

Courage the Cowardly Dog (FINAL RELEASE!) (Read 26576 times)

Started by WlanmaniaX, May 15, 2018, 11:57:30 am
Share this topic:
Courage the Cowardly Dog (FINAL RELEASE!)
New #1  May 15, 2018, 11:57:30 am
  • Go and download my improved creations!
  • I AM ZIM!
    • UK
    • https://sites.google.com/site/wlanmanslab/home
It took me a hard distance to finish some materials from my newest creation. So for this day, I have DONE editing from him.

A big UPDATE: I am completely done adding any improvements and pizzazz from him, recently. So that means is about 100% done for now.

So I present to you for my newest character....

COURAGE THE COWARDLY DOG!!

Video:

Download Link:

FULLY RELEASE!

Though he will be another decent-looking Cartoon Network character ever made, after Powerpuff Girls, Gumball and Chowder being out. If you tested him, please send a positive feedback after you see any problems from him.
Last Edit: May 07, 2019, 06:53:53 pm by WlanmaniaX
Re: Courage the Cowardly Dog (95% beta)
#2  May 15, 2018, 03:13:56 pm
  • NINJA COP SAIZOU
    • Mexico

I have to admit, this one looks pretty cool, I've just got hit by the nostalgia train by the way.
#3  May 15, 2018, 03:16:56 pm
  • Robotics Engineer
    • USA
    • altoiddealer@gmail.com
Nice!  Loved this cartoon

Initial Feedback:
-Medium Punch is State 220 (typically strong punch), and Strong Punch is State 210 (typically Medium Punch)???
-Seems to be the same issue with Jumping normals ^^^^^
-Strong Punch (bat attack) should have a taller hitbox.  He seems to swing in a downward motion (not a sweeping motion), it looks odd missing Jailbot :)
-There is no jumping light punch.  I think it would be OK to just duplicate the jumping light kick as a placeholder for now.
-The whistle sound effect should play sooner (plays when using weapons that fly away).  It has a delay that doesn't look/sound right.
-The rolling pin attack makes the enemy fall forwards instead of backwards, which doesn't look correct.
-I don't think the lifebars should be hidden when he does the Screaming super move, I would like to see the opponent's life draining away.

Last Edit: May 15, 2018, 03:38:12 pm by altoiddealer
#4  May 15, 2018, 03:32:41 pm
  • R.I.P Mugen 1999-202X
    • USA
    • mugen.wikia.com/User:Jenngra505
From the fact the readme states that new specials and hypers will be added in the full version, I think 60% complete would be a more accurate gauge.
Hopefully someday I'll be able to make the little puffball on my profile pic.
(Sprite edited from Scrollboss' sprite)
#5  May 15, 2018, 09:55:56 pm
  • I AM ZIM!
    • UK
Nice!  Loved this cartoon

Initial Feedback:
-Medium Punch is State 220 (typically strong punch), and Strong Punch is State 210 (typically Medium Punch)???
-Seems to be the same issue with Jumping normals ^^^^^
-Strong Punch (bat attack) should have a taller hitbox.  He seems to swing in a downward motion (not a sweeping motion), it looks odd missing Jailbot :)
-There is no jumping light punch.  I think it would be OK to just duplicate the jumping light kick as a placeholder for now.
-The whistle sound effect should play sooner (plays when using weapons that fly away).  It has a delay that doesn't look/sound right.
-The rolling pin attack makes the enemy fall forwards instead of backwards, which doesn't look correct.
-I don't think the lifebars should be hidden when he does the Screaming super move, I would like to see the opponent's life draining away.

Yeah, same here! It's still one of the best Cartoon Cartoons of the early 2000's, alongside Ed, Edd n' Eddy!

Thanks for your feedback, guys! I just want to let you that I've updated Courage. Thanks to jenngra505 with the encouragement.

Go and see at the topic that I've added!
#6  May 16, 2018, 12:15:36 am
  • R.I.P Mugen 1999-202X
    • USA
It was a bit more than encouragement, I sent him modified files with most of the fixes in this patch. (The fixes were rather easy to do IMO)
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
Last Edit: May 16, 2018, 12:21:08 am by jenngra505
#7  May 24, 2018, 09:20:59 pm
    • UK
Stupid Dog, You make me look bad
Re: Courage the Cowardly Dog (OFFICIAL RELEASE!)
#8  February 04, 2019, 08:51:52 pm
  • I AM ZIM!
    • UK
I am glad anyone is thankfully patient until I 100% completed with Courage for now! On top of that, look at the topic!

#9  February 04, 2019, 11:07:34 pm
    • USA
    • sb407mugen.neocities.org/mugen.html
Here's some feedback me and Nodog found:

Aerial B is an infinite

You can combo all his standing kicks together but doing it with his standing punches is a lot harder for some reason

Bone Swing does WAY too much damage

Startup time on his normals are kinda all over the place (9 frames for his standing light kick to come out and yet 7 frames for his standing hard kick to come out?)

His frame data can also use some improvement (his crouching medium punch has +5 advantage frames while his standing medium punch has -4)

His Ray Gun special could use a cornerpush

his dragon special should have no pausetime (at least the first value should)

The red hitbox stays out for way too long during his bomb special

his crouching medium punch does the same amount of damage as his crouching hard punch

his ha-dog-ken special is kinda useless since he can't hit most opponents with all the hits

His Rolling Pin special is useless. it really only hits depending on how close you are to the opponent (Found by MUGEN70)

When you fully charge out slingshot, the projectile goes out so fast that it'll only hit depending on how close you are
that was a problem in the original actually (also found by MUGEN70)

his damage values on his normals are all over the place really

range is also all over the place

the cooldown could be increased a bit on the ray gun special

the eustace striker functions kind of weirdly

just a small thing to mention, his club strike command is listed in his cmd as D, DF, F, x when it is actually D, DB, B, x in game
actually, you can't even use it unless you change it in the cmd since his rolling pin special already has that command

Debug errors when using the Mr. Mouse helper

I feel like you should also be able to get out of Dig by pressing another button combination instead of having to wait
plus he has no hitboxes during the startup and most of the ending which makes it kind of exploitable

his scream hyper only costs one power, does about 450 damage on hit and 700 damage on block. WTF?
oh and did i mention its a fullscreen that the opponent cant recover out of when theyre hit by it

his shirley summon is just outright broken
it sends the opponent to a state that just doesnt really work and seems to be copy and pasted from another character

The eggplant hypers damage could be increased a bit. also personally the superpause looks weird

the computer hyper's damage could be increased slightly
plus it looks odd in motion

the super bg's frames are also out of order

the finisher also doesnt really look that good and the sound effect goes on for way too long (the latter being a pretty common problem when it comes to moves in this character)

He apparently disappears during his crouch turning animation

These are some stuff that you could improve on in the future.
#10  February 05, 2019, 01:32:01 am
  • R.I.P Mugen 1999-202X
    • USA
The beta RMaster collaborated with you on was less buggy and more properly balanced than this.
#11  February 06, 2019, 02:30:09 pm
  • What's a title
  • Novice M.U.G.E.N. creator
    • USA
    • sites.google.com/site/rmaster007smugensite/
The beta RMaster collaborated with you on was less buggy and more properly balanced than this.

True. I'm fixing up some of the issues now.

I also noticed that Courage has sprites and animations for crawling, but he can't crawl in-game.
Spriting is harder than I thought.
#12  February 07, 2019, 12:18:49 am
  • mirror, mirror...
    • www.poland.pl/
is good make updates...I do when I want more stuff (some requested..) or correct things as bugs..glitches... infinites but when you use a fucked up template as that EO all things go wrong...is not your fault..I seen other creations used that template and had the same problems as infinites and large file....or the abuse of strikers....use the kung fu man as base! you can have a simple char at start but solid and not plagued with wrong crap as that template..
I tested some of yours and have the same mistakes I wrote...
-I hate haters and S.o.S chars.....
-time to migrate from winmugen...