Started by ShinLucho, November 20, 2017, 12:45:35 am
Share this topic:
Re: Ikemen Plus
#181  January 11, 2018, 01:00:07 pm
  • Resident Tosspot
  • Pftheh
    • UK
    • plasmoidthunder.neocities.org

Oh, I want a diagram. I fucking love diagrams.
#182  January 12, 2018, 10:35:25 pm
  • Stages & Screen Pack
  • Mugen Creator
    • USA
    • https://jusmugen.forumotion.com/
I was testing the sprites on the Ikemen Plus and when I try to changes the P1cursor on the System.sff and saved it and I try to launch the Ikemen Plus I got a 396.lau error message. on vanilla Ikemen never crashed but this version did
The version on github is no longer supported, sorry. In fact that repository will be delated soon because we switched to Ikemen GO engine (mentioned in previous page), so trying to find problems in old engine and/or outdated lua code doesn't sound like a good idea..
K4thos wait so your switching to Ikemen GO ? and then Ikemen Plus Im using now is outdated ? Im soooooooooo freaking confuse right now man... so I have a question for you.. Will Ikemen GO plus going to be for window 7,8,10 user for the pc ? Will Ikemen GO plus be compatible to for all windows users? because I really do want this baby to be Windows. because this is a very promising software I want to get into. I want to learn so mush about it. can you pretty please tell us from your own words will Ikemen GO plus can run on windows ? will Ikemen Go plus will have a executable ? only version I have to work with now is This Outdated Ikemen Plus version 3 that Shinlucho release to the public 9 weeks ago.. Im just starting to discover this..

Join My JUSMUGEN Community.
https://jusmugen.forumotion.com/
#183  January 13, 2018, 07:55:59 pm
  • Stages & Screen Pack
  • Mugen Creator
    • USA
also is there going to be a Ikemen GO version 4 ? I have so many question about it
#184  January 13, 2018, 08:11:57 pm
  • Hoping for the best, prepared for the worst.
  • 2D Fighting games forever!
    • Brazil
What are the benefits of Ikemen GO over the Vanilla?
Lasagna
#185  January 13, 2018, 08:14:30 pm
  • commissions open bang my line
    • USA
    • https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/xtayisblackx?country.x=US&locale.x=en_US
hopefully it has some optimization
My stages folder:
https://app.mediafire.com/g5pnpb2im4lqa

Want a screenpack ported to ikemen? DM's open
Want a stage remade with parallax & possible super jump? DM's open
#186  January 13, 2018, 10:03:35 pm
  • What's in your head?
    • USA
Hm. I've been messing with Mugen and Ikemen for years. I'm decently proficient in coding and have been working with SSZ for a while accordingly while playing with the engine. I made a fork of the Github repository, but I won't touch it for now since the next version will render any current changes obsolete. Does anyway have an ETA for the next patch?
#187  January 14, 2018, 02:56:46 am
the truth is to do a mega tutorial of this I congratulate you for this great job! I do not know how to add the tag add004 also where is the screen resolution and if the openlg is managed? many questions
many questions indeed, but I don't really understand any of them. Ok, this one is clear - add004 will work in the next version and short tutorial how to install it without patching characters will be available.

K4thos wait so your switching to Ikemen GO ? and then Ikemen Plus Im using now is outdated ?
yes. Unless there are game breaking bugs compared to s-size ikemen (I didn't notice any problems yet) than I don't see a good reason to stick with that version of the engine.

Im soooooooooo freaking confuse right now man... so I have a question for you.. Will Ikemen GO plus going to be for window 7,8,10 user for the pc ? Will Ikemen GO plus be compatible to for all windows users? because I really do want this baby to be Windows. because this is a very promising software I want to get into. I want to learn so mush about it. can you pretty please tell us from your own words will Ikemen GO plus can run on windows ? will Ikemen Go plus will have a executable ?
errr, why wouldn't it? From GO language wiki:
Google's Go compiler, "gc", developed as open-source software. It targets various platforms including Linux, OS X, Windows, various BSD and Unix versions, and also (since 2015) mobile devices (including smartphones)
s-size ikemen is windows exclusive. Ikemen GO supports multiple platforms including Windows. In fact only windows executable has been compiled for now. Before release I will try to compile it also for Linux. As for mobile platforms ShinLucho mentioned that he will try to mess with it. From what I've researched there may be a problem with opengl 3.0 support on mobile - I didn't try it yet, so can't say for now.

also is there going to be a Ikemen GO version 4 ? I have so many question about it
I think there is a bit of misunderstanding here. Neither I, nor Shinlucho, are engine developers. What this topic is about is a project that adds mugen features to ikemen via Lua language (which is a script language that author enabled for screenpack coders). The only changes to engine are minor stuff needed if current functionality is not enough to implement these mugen features. The end goal is to request merging our code with official Ikemen branch. So what we aim to release is fourth version of "ikemen plus" (or in this case first version of "ikemen go plus"), not Ikemen GO version 4 (progressing the engine further is outside the scope of this project, the engine is developed by supersuehiro - last edit made 5 days ago).

well, GO language ;D Which allows anyone with programming knowledge to edit the source code directly because it's a well documented language. Other stuff needs to be tested. I wouldn't be surprised if online play will be better here. Above mentioned support for linux is a plus. Some features that I couldn't figure out how to implement in s-size version should be doable now (stuff like communicating between Lua and GO during match etc.)

I'm decently proficient in coding and have been working with SSZ for a while accordingly while playing with the engine.
That's impressive. I couldn't make sense out of SSZ at all. If you have programming background and have time to study GO language a little, your help would be really appreciated since there are still some engine changes that needs to be made in order to implement all planned features without workarounds. Please contact me via PM if you're interested.

Does anyway have an ETA for the next patch?
No ETA yet. Still finishing up screenpack support. And after polishing the lua code remaining source code changes awaits. Although the faster the release, the better, since I'm quite embarrassed of v0.3 lua code.
Last Edit: January 14, 2018, 03:55:51 am by K4thos
#188  January 14, 2018, 06:07:12 am
  • Stages & Screen Pack
  • Mugen Creator
    • USA
the truth is to do a mega tutorial of this I congratulate you for this great job! I do not know how to add the tag add004 also where is the screen resolution and if the openlg is managed? many questions
many questions indeed, but I don't really understand any of them. Ok, this one is clear - add004 will work in the next version and short tutorial how to install it without patching characters will be available.

K4thos wait so your switching to Ikemen GO ? and then Ikemen Plus Im using now is outdated ?
yes. Unless there are game breaking bugs compared to s-size ikemen (I didn't notice any problems yet) than I don't see a good reason to stick with that version of the engine.

Im soooooooooo freaking confuse right now man... so I have a question for you.. Will Ikemen GO plus going to be for window 7,8,10 user for the pc ? Will Ikemen GO plus be compatible to for all windows users? because I really do want this baby to be Windows. because this is a very promising software I want to get into. I want to learn so mush about it. can you pretty please tell us from your own words will Ikemen GO plus can run on windows ? will Ikemen Go plus will have a executable ?
errr, why wouldn't it? From GO language wiki:
Google's Go compiler, "gc", developed as open-source software. It targets various platforms including Linux, OS X, Windows, various BSD and Unix versions, and also (since 2015) mobile devices (including smartphones)
s-size ikemen is windows exclusive. Ikemen GO supports multiple platforms including Windows. In fact only windows executable has been compiled for now. Before release I will try to compile it also for Linux. As for mobile platforms ShinLucho mentioned that he will try to mess with it. From what I've researched there may be a problem with opengl 3.0 support on mobile - I didn't try it yet, so can't say for now.

I think there is a bit of misunderstanding here. Neither I, nor Shinlucho, are engine developers. What this topic is about is a project that adds mugen features to ikemen via Lua language (which is a script language that author enabled for screenpack coders). The only changes to engine are minor stuff needed if current functionality is not enough to implement these mugen features. The end goal is to request merging our code with official Ikemen branch. So what we aim to release is fourth version of "ikemen plus" (or in this case first version of "ikemen go plus"), not Ikemen GO version 4 (progressing the engine further is outside the scope of this project, the engine is developed by supersuehiro - last edit made 5 days ago).

well, GO language ;D Which allows anyone with programming knowledge to edit the source code directly because it's a well documented language. Other stuff needs to be tested. I wouldn't be surprised if online play will be better here. Above mentioned support for linux is a plus. Some features that I couldn't figure out how to implement in s-size version should be doable now (stuff like communicating between Lua and GO during match etc.)

I'm decently proficient in coding and have been working with SSZ for a while accordingly while playing with the engine.
That's impressive. I couldn't make sense out of SSZ at all. If you have programming background and have time to study GO language a little, your help would be really appreciated since there are still some engine changes that needs to be made in order to implement all planned features without workarounds. Please contact me via PM if you're interested.

Does anyway have an ETA for the next patch?
No ETA yet. Still finishing up screenpack support. And after polishing the lua code remaining source code changes awaits. Although the faster the release, the better, since I'm quite embarrassed of v0.3 lua code.
so what your saying is that version 4 as Ikemen Plus version 4 have plan of a window release ?  and its will be run not only for linux but also window too ? because I am gonna be honest the LUA coding not mean for us user that for sure. specially me that I just barely understanding this LUA coding language from version 3. I had my friend BDC who been helping a little bit with some the understanding code because he real programmer and I am just a 57 years old man just starting to understand this UGLY MESS......lmao...I mean NOT GONNA LIE the Coding from LUA language is NOT MEANT FOR OLD MAN LIKE MY SELF....but I think  am getting the hang of thing little by lttle haha.. well all I wanted to know if YOUR VERSION 4 going to be Friendly users for everyone can use it like Elecbyte coded there mugen software and will your version 4 be release soon for windows that all Im asking. Please bare with me here.. just explain to this old man with a simple answer YES OR NO will your version 4 will be release for window and will its have a EXE to launch the program that about it hahahaha.....I want to be part of this too as a Theme screen pack creator. so far I do loved the version 3 but its just take so mush time making a screen pack from scratch is a pain when I have no knowledge of LUA scripting  hehehehe... look Kathos what I done so far with just 4 days.. yeah dude took me 4 freaking days to make a title screen and select screen xD hahah...MAN THIS STUFF IS HARD TO CODE hahaha

Last Edit: January 14, 2018, 06:16:10 am by OldGamer
#189  January 14, 2018, 06:30:29 am
just explain to this old man with a simple answer YES OR NO will your version 4 will be release for window and will its have a EXE to launch the program
yes.

-----------

Nice screenpack. As mentioned forget about lua. Code it for mugen (screenpack DEF file) but with FNTv1 fonts - it will work with next version (and every other version that will be released in future). That's the whole point. Sorry if my messages are confusing. English is not my first language.

Btw. Credits for ikemen plus in title screen are not needed – it’s your screenpack, but of course thanks :)
Last Edit: January 14, 2018, 06:35:25 am by K4thos
#190  January 14, 2018, 07:59:04 am
  • Stages & Screen Pack
  • Mugen Creator
    • USA
just explain to this old man with a simple answer YES OR NO will your version 4 will be release for window and will its have a EXE to launch the program
yes.

-----------

Nice screenpack. As mentioned forget about lua. Code it for mugen (screenpack DEF file) but with FNTv1 fonts - it will work with next version (and every other version that will be released in future). That's the whole point. Sorry if my messages are confusing. English is not my first language.

Btw. Credits for ikemen plus in title screen are not needed – it’s your screenpack, but of course thanks :)
k4thos thank you for answering my questions. because I really like the work your are doing and i want to help you out. by me wanting to make a better Ikeman screen-pack for you to replace that mugen screen-pack. you put so mush time into making happen for us creators. you are well diverse credit for the time you been spending for GO language for Ikemen Plus :D

#191  January 15, 2018, 09:48:02 am
    • djjosehisterico@gmail.com
I´m interested with this new update, it seems that we have an evolution of the engine, it´s possible add this things?
-64 bits executable.
-Palette select in the character select screen.
-Portraits for stages.
-I see that you include a second portrait for select screen, can you add more portraits for versus and winner screens?
-Actions in the portraits like offsets, blends. etc.
-32bits .png images.
-Continue screen.
-More actions for lifebars animations.
-Posibility to include videos like animations.
Thank you very much and good luck with your project.
Last Edit: January 15, 2018, 05:42:45 pm by GaziraAgain
#192  January 15, 2018, 07:36:05 pm
-64 bits executable.
GO compiler is 64-bit only, so the outcome is probably too.
-Palette select in the character select screen.
maybe in future but this feature has low priority
-Portraits for stages.
as above
-I see that you include a second portrait for select screen, can you add more portraits for versus and winner screens?
already implemented
-32bits .png images.
request it to ikemen author if you're interested. Is there even mugen 1.1 SFF files documentation available? In mugen community probably only VirtuallTek knows how latest SFF files work internally.  Implementing it in engine is far beyond my programming skills either way. But does this even needs to be implemented? According to HUNGRY WOLF 32bit files already works on ikemen.
http://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/ikemen-disscussion-thread-167617.msg2372928.html#msg2372928
http://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/ikemen-opengl-shader-support-181489.msg2377713.html#msg2377713
Please test it yourself or at least provide SFF file that I could check.
-Continue screen.
already implemented
-More actions for lifebars animations.
It would require good understanding of source code. I'm not interested in it to spend time analyzing it.
-Possibility to include videos like animations.
no (unless you can find a video decoder written in GO language that works on windows, linux, mac and mobile at the same time - I'm not interested in writting dedicated code for different platforms)
Last Edit: January 15, 2018, 07:42:13 pm by K4thos
#193  January 16, 2018, 05:02:23 pm
    • djjosehisterico@gmail.com
Thank you! I expect this release.
#194  January 17, 2018, 05:50:00 pm
  • Hoping for the best, prepared for the worst.
  • 2D Fighting games forever!
    • Brazil
Another question, will changing Ikemen Plus to GO language have any performance impact?
Lasagna
#195  January 25, 2018, 08:58:37 pm
  • Pixels are atom's of resolution,Low-res or Hi-res
    • Turkey
    • metekervan26@gmail.com
I really want choosing beetween modes         
Ryu or Evil Ryu on select screen,will something like that be possible on new Ikemen,if not a upgraded cursor trick would be fine too.
Last Edit: January 25, 2018, 09:01:58 pm by mete122
#196  January 25, 2018, 10:03:36 pm
  • Estoy siempre listo para un desafío.
    • Puerto Rico
    • im41784@yahoo.com
I really want choosing beetween modes         
Ryu or Evil Ryu on select screen,will something like that be possible on new Ikemen,if not a upgraded cursor trick would be fine too.

Crusor trick would be your best bet because usually different
char modes are configured with vars and I dont think a select
screen can access that info right away, if not by pal selection
or cursor trick. hey have you played JLA vs SF? Oillusionista
did and awesome job making it happen with the cursor trick.
#197  January 26, 2018, 03:27:52 am
    • USA
    • Skype - Bigruss91
You guys think he could work on online vs mode simul? I made a system that focuses on simul and I can't move p3 or p4.. Even if I set up all the inputs, p3 nor p4 can't be controlled. Even with beximus's system it won't work.
Last Edit: January 26, 2018, 03:37:46 am by Bigruss91
#198  January 26, 2018, 03:33:58 am
  • A living Mugen dinossaur :)
  • 23 years of Mugen O_o
    • Brazil
    • www.brazilmugenteam.com

That game was made by Zvitor, not me. I did the cursors trick in my Mega Man Powered Up Remix project, but Zvitor made it even further by adding a pal selection. Basically, it duplicates all characters many times in the select files.
#199  January 26, 2018, 05:03:29 am
  • Estoy siempre listo para un desafío.
    • Puerto Rico
    • im41784@yahoo.com

That game was made by Zvitor, not me. I did the cursors trick in my Mega Man Powered Up Remix project, but Zvitor made it even further by adding a pal selection. Basically, it duplicates all characters many times in the select files.

Really? Damn I though that was your project my bad
#200  January 29, 2018, 09:28:42 am
  • Stages & Screen Pack
  • Mugen Creator
    • USA
k4tho is Ikemen GO will have open sources code for us Coder and make are own coding for the program ? I want to go even further of learning more about Ikemen GO coding language, and yeah Im not smartest old man in world but I do try to work things our for my kind of taste hehe when come to coding and creating theme for fan made games xD like my self also will the new Ikemen go will be having its own Full Wikis Doc for the program ?? like how elecbyte did for there doc site for mugen ?