YesNoOk

Jmorphman's WIP thread: Project S.H.I.N.(go): Shingo Beta out! (Read 2441708 times)

Started by Jmorphman, November 01, 2010, 09:13:43 pm
Share this topic:

Poll

Got a light?

This is the water
81 (25.2%)
And this is the well
77 (24%)
Drink full, and descend
33 (10.3%)
The horse is the white of the eye
37 (11.5%)
And the dark within
52 (16.2%)
This is the water
41 (12.8%)
And this is the well
0 (0%)
Drink full, and descend
0 (0%)
The horse is the white of the eye
0 (0%)
And the dark within
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 318

Re: Jmorphman's WIP thread: JMORPHMAN NEEDS HELP!
#6061  August 19, 2018, 03:41:56 am
  • KFC
  • it's finger licking good
    • USA

i know that is unrelated thing but we forgetting something, something that is missing?

Edit:nevermind, it's charlie nash sorry about that. and also pots made it sorry again.
Last Edit: August 19, 2018, 03:53:08 am by SlanDome
#6062  September 09, 2018, 03:58:32 pm
Just recently resurrected from the dead, do you still need that Chun kick?
#6063  September 12, 2018, 11:44:05 pm
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
Yeah!... Maybe? I'll just PM you.
#6064  October 11, 2018, 10:13:25 pm
    • USA
I've been pretty busy and haven't been able to do much on Billy, but I have gotten back to him this week, and hopefully will be able to focus on him more now. In the meantime... Chun-Li is basically ready now, because the animations she needed are all finished now!

first we have her B + MK from SFIV

Many, many, many thanks to FeLo_Llop, Rai Tei, and MotorRoach for this anim; it looks stunning!

Why add this move? Well, cuz the target combo it's a part of is really cool!

Finally, there's her angled jumping HK from SFIII:

Thanks again to Felo for this anim!

Normal Chun-Li will lose her current angled j.HK in lieu of this, but the Shadow Lady mode will keep the old one; since Shadow Lady is basically Alpha Chun-Li, it makes sense to give her the classic, double up kick j.HK from SFII/SFA, while normal mode uses the modern one.

also, here's an extremely late reply to this
Kyo:

Since you'll be updating him soon, I figured I'd mention this. I'm pretty sure in CvS he can super cancel from his HCB + kick special right after he explodes p2 from holding them up. I remember this being my BnB finish with him from said special into his QCB, QCF + punch super. You also don't have the HCB + kick special CC loop. In fact, he can't do anything after doing said special while CC is active. While I rarely ever even use CC, Kyo is one of the few chars I can use it with some competence.
I tried out giving him a super cancel there and was really really not feeling it, might give him a cancel like KOFXIII, where it can only be canceled after the first hit, before the grab, but I dunno.

I did however add in the custom combo cancel!
#6065  October 12, 2018, 07:31:32 pm
    • USA
    • Skype - Uche1234@hotmail.com
Jmprphman...

You have been greatly missed. I see you're updating the moves of your characters. Are there plans to separate the other modes of your characters that have them?
Last Edit: October 12, 2018, 08:27:42 pm by Speedpreacher
#6066  October 12, 2018, 08:41:32 pm
  • ¡Ni p*ta ni santa! ¡Digo!

You are welcome, JMorphman! I'm not sure if I sent you the SF3 version of Kinteki Shu.
I swear there was something cool here!!
#6067  October 13, 2018, 03:25:51 pm
Aw.. you dropped some frames after I went through the trouble to study her butt :'(

Just kidding, looks great!
Re: Jmorphman's WIP thread: insert clever title here
#6068  October 16, 2018, 03:21:28 am
    • USA
Jmprphman...

You have been greatly missed. I see you're updating the moves of your characters. Are there plans to separate the other modes of your characters that have them?
I'm not sure exactly what you mean? All the characters that have alternate modes have alternate .def's that allow easy access to said alt modes.

You are welcome, JMorphman! I'm not sure if I sent you the SF3 version of Kinteki Shu.
Yep, but I think I'm gonna keep her current close MK!
#6069  October 16, 2018, 05:54:26 am
    • USA
    • Skype - Uche1234@hotmail.com
Are the alternate modes getting their own SFF as well?
#6070  October 16, 2018, 06:56:54 am
    • USA
Nah; it just adds the the size of the resulting file, and all that's really gained from it is having the alternate portraits already added in. But those are all already included in the folders of the characters that have them, so it just makes more sense to let people do that themselves and save on file size!
#6071  October 17, 2018, 05:56:40 pm
  • Symbiotes
    • Ukraine
    • malevka2011@yandex.ru
    • Skype - malevka2
    • deviantart.com/malevka1/gallery
Awesome

#6072  November 09, 2018, 02:12:07 am
  • Idea!
    • USA
Sorry for the bump, but with your character updates maybe you should include an intro for your Eagle edit against Reddbrink's Haggar.
#6073  November 09, 2018, 07:27:23 am
  • The story begins with who's gonna win
    • USA
It's the same as Zangief's so it just needs the appropriate trigger
Nevermind, there's nothing I can do
Bet your life there's something killing you
It's a shame we have to die, my dear
No one's getting out of here alive
This time
What a way to go, but have no fear
This time
It's a shame we have to disappear
This time, this time, this time
#6074  November 09, 2018, 08:44:16 am
  • I'm 100% Team OHMSBY now.
    • USA
Speaking about special intros, Benimaru's kiss intro doesn't trigger against DeathScythe's R. Mika as she has a space on her name. I also noticed you listed "R.Mika" twice so you might want to fix that whenever you update him.

It's the same as Zangief's so it just needs the appropriate trigger
I guess the same thing applies to his Rolento for Knuckles8864's Maki since the intro animation is the same as RajaaBoy's Maki.
I will still do detail and aesthetic feedback for the rest.
#6075  November 09, 2018, 07:22:15 pm
  • Idea!
    • USA
Re: Jmorphman's WIP thread: Kyo MEGA UPDATE (beta)
#6076  November 10, 2018, 12:07:53 am
    • USA
Sorry for the bump, but with your character updates maybe you should include an intro for your Eagle edit against Reddbrink's Haggar.
no need to wait for the update for something like this. Added and updated!

Speaking about special intros, Benimaru's kiss intro doesn't trigger against DeathScythe's R. Mika as she has a space on her name. I also noticed you listed "R.Mika" twice so you might want to fix that whenever you update him.

I guess the same thing applies to his Rolento for Knuckles8864's Maki since the intro animation is the same as RajaaBoy's Maki.
These two were updated/fixed too.

Might as well make this post more substantial than just a few minor edits: so, the ultra mega Chun-Li update is basically done; even the AI is finished. Just gotta finish adding some palettes and stuff and we'll be good to go; should expect that in a few days, I guess.

Also, in between working on Blue Ranger, I was able to more or less finish Kyo's big update too, so... might as well upload a beta, right now. Change list is available in the readme.

also, while we're on the topic of Kyo, here's something I was playing with recently: remember that full game thingy that I wanna do? That's pretty far in the distance, still? Well, it'll need movelists, and I wanted something nicer than just text files. So I stole a bunch of shit from the official Street Fighter V website and adapted it to the visual aesthetic of my website, and made this thing? I dunno.

EDIT: oh, by the way, there's only like 3 palettes in that Kyo beta BECAUSE NOBODY UPDATED THEIR PALETTES AND I'M GONNA HAVE TO DO THEM ALL MYSELF >:[ >:[ >:[
Last Edit: November 10, 2018, 12:13:53 am by Jmorphman
#6077  November 10, 2018, 01:29:22 am
  • Idea!
    • USA
#6078  November 10, 2018, 01:37:34 am
  • ¡Ni p*ta ni santa! ¡Digo!

remember that full game thingy that I wanna do? That's pretty far in the distance, still?

What? A full game by you? Where have u posted it? O.O!!

Also, the command list looks simple yet effective. It does not needs more :D!
I swear there was something cool here!!
#6079  November 10, 2018, 02:02:57 am
  • Idea!
    • USA
Intro wasn't activating against Haggar.  I checked the intro's Statedef and it was still set for 191 instead of 192.  Simple remedy XP
#6080  November 10, 2018, 04:20:00 am
    • USA
Whoops! Fixed.

What? A full game by you? Where have u posted it? O.O!!
Yup!
also, this is a thing I've posted on the MFG Discord a few times, and I just realized I never posted it here (and it's not like it's a secret or anything!), so:
http://network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman/images/wipthread/Untitled_PotS_Style_Compilation.pdf

this is basically my ultimate goal/endpoint. Compilation is the key word here, although nearly everything's gonna wind up being edited and updated to make it all fit together. Also, I will not be doing it in MUGEN, because MUGEN sucks and is old and too damn limited. There's a lot of successor engines in development right now, so I'm spoiled for choice, but it's not like I need to choose between them right now! This is still quite a way's off!!!