YesNoOk

Marvel vs Capcom Infinite Thread (Read 830126 times)

Started by Erroratu, November 01, 2016, 08:51:19 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Marvel vs Capcom Infinite Thread
#2641  November 12, 2017, 08:52:58 pm
Wouldn't even make sense because even in Japan there would be no reason not to have Falcon as he's named. Phoenix & Phoenix was just Naruhudo-kun & Phoenix over there so it was a non-issue; Falcon & Falcon is a non-issue as well because we'd have Fokker and no Marvel Falcon was even put into consideration in said "leaks" up until that post.
i dont think american company marvel would give a shit what he's named in japan
#2642  November 12, 2017, 09:20:38 pm
    • Mexico
i believe them, i've seen more ridiculous stuff before,  didn't the guy who are in charge of disney side is a super corporate stooge and for some reason he doesn't even mention xmen or even the character names. them requesting to capcom not to include any characters that has the same name with their's is very plausible.

That's Ike Perlmutter, Marvel's CEO. He's is the one to blame for all the X-Men/F4 alienation in media. All because he got power in the MCU, but not anymore.
Now, what do I think about all these leaks?
I'm all for believing some parts of it (Season 2 being 2 Marvel characters and 4 Capcom, Capcom giving away veteran characters for free, a crap-ton of characters being in the plans, Pokémon Stars being a test game for the Switch), but for the most part, it sounds fishy, I mean, doesn anyone here see Capcom giving two new characters fro free? Then there's the idea of Apollo Justice over Phoenix Wright, why? Also, 5 Marvel veterans but only 2 from Capcom? C'mon. And the biggest doubts here are the DBFZ DLC and TWEWY 2, the Dragon Ball part sounds very mean-spirited, I don't think Namco would fall that low to actually hold 3 characters back for DLC, it just sounds like what some Capcom fanboy would say to spite all the people that kept spamming DBFZ in MvCI stuff, and those guys already got a bite in the ass with the FighterZ pass announcement, they don't deserve more; and TWEWY 2, I just can't see Square bringing that back.
#2643  November 12, 2017, 11:40:08 pm
  • Koi.
    • USA
    • Skype - Wizzy.WhipitWonderful
    • wizzywhipitwonderful.webs.com
Even so, it doesn't seem believable the way they describe it.  Even with how strict Marvel's being with their characters in this game, I doubt they have any sway over what Capcom characters are allowed in.  The idea that they would say "You can't use your character named Falcon in case we want you to use our character named Falcon, which we don't" and that Capcom immediately rolled over is absurd.

At least the leaker themselves is acknowledging how dumb it sounds.

Niitsuma said Marvel vetoed them from using Demitri in MVC3 because of midnight bliss.  I don't believe any of this either, but that does have a precedent.

So that whole statement isn't true???

We need Demitri in MVCI NOW!!!
Slow and steady wins the race, but there is a darkness... growing inside of me...

And if you provoke it...

I will slay you all.

Donate Here
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=B92JC32FZ5CME
#2644  November 13, 2017, 01:25:18 am
niitsuma never outright said marvel blocked them from using demitri, he said they probably wouldn't like the whole midnight bliss thing and that it wouldn't be worth the effort anyway
Finally, could you possibly satisfy our curiosity with regard to Marvel gender-reassignment? We have yet to see Darkstalkers’ Demitri appear in TVC or MVC3. Is his infamous Midnight Bliss EX move (where he turns unsuspecting male characters into female versions of themselves before sucking away their souls) something that Marvel would tolerate with their cast?

One, Demitri would probably annoy Marvel for doing that, and the other thing is that we’d have to make a female model for every single character in the game which probably isn’t time well spent. If we did put Demitri in it and he didn’t have Midnight Bliss, fans are going to say ‘that’s not really Demitri – Capcom failed.’ Darkstalkers characters are all complete memory hunger-mad characters because they constantly transform into things. They can’t just walk – they have to change into something when they move and it just uses a lot of data. Even just having these two (Morrigan and Felicia) is a big deal. To put Demitri in we’d have to have time to make a whole other game
#2645  November 13, 2017, 11:02:12 pm
    • Peru
Can anyone help me understand this?
- Projectiles that pierce hypers still deal damage, but lose hitstun, so they don't stop the hyper. They'll function like that rapid-fire spell in reality storm (LP?). E.g. Gamora's bullets and Monster Hunter's arrows.

Does it mean some projectiles work like Fang's V-Skill while another character is launching a hyper? (damage is present, no hitstun)
#2646  November 13, 2017, 11:21:27 pm
  • Prince of Latis
  • Destroy the Core!
    • Canada
    • Skype - Whiplash-1
Yeah they hit and do damage, but have no hit stun.
#2647  November 13, 2017, 11:46:09 pm
  • The Sweeper
  • Surpass my Aniki
    • Algeria
Some shot of venom

Anti Venom alternate

Also Black Widown and Winter Soldier faces looks pretty good
-STREET FIGHTER VI WAITING ROOM-
-DRAGON QUEST XII WAITING ROOM-
Last Edit: November 13, 2017, 11:52:09 pm by GTOAkira
#2648  November 13, 2017, 11:50:29 pm
  • Are you ready?
    • USA
i can see my brother's favorite marvel character coming soon

i can't wait and see how he plays
#2649  November 14, 2017, 12:24:23 am
  • Build it, shape it, by my will.
Golden Jedah tho
#2650  November 14, 2017, 04:35:16 pm
    • Peru
#2651  November 21, 2017, 05:22:55 pm
  • Hoping for the best, prepared for the worst.
  • 2D Fighting games forever!
    • Brazil

Wew lads.
Lasagna
#2652  November 21, 2017, 05:36:47 pm
    • USA
    • YouTube.com/MugenX000
Glad to see they did make Black Widow and Winter Soldier play different, that was a worry on a lot of people's minds, if I remember correctly.

My boy Venom lookin' crispy as fuck, though... Mind the voice.
#2653  November 21, 2017, 06:08:02 pm
  • Build it, shape it, by my will.
Venom is easily the most appealing of the bunch only to be crippled by the evil voice director.  Black Widow gives me TvC Jun the Swan vibes with unique tools of her own, which is neat.

Winter Soldier is a sloppy mishmash of various assets (Chris, Spencer, Thanos, etc) coated with Super Armor and passed as a new character.  We could've had a third Capcom rep in this pack.
Last Edit: November 22, 2017, 04:08:27 am by Kirishima
#2654  November 21, 2017, 06:19:45 pm
  • Objection! Sustained!
    • Russia
    • mitia.pogorelov1@yandex.ru
Man, Venom is really amazing... But this voice is real miscast.
And his appearance... I know, you will judge me, but I'm feeling in him vibes of Venom from Raimi's "Spider-Man 3".

Like, he really looks like THIS version of Venom... Or, to be precise, he looks like how would Venom there looked if he would be made right, like not having the web but having a meat on bones. And I really like him this way!
#2655  November 21, 2017, 06:24:29 pm
  • Scion of the Flames
  • it aint over when you lose its over when you quit
    • Australia
    • DBZxprodigy1994@gmail.com
Man Widow wasn't interesting at all lmao Venom looks awesome!, Soldier looks okay i guess
#2656  November 21, 2017, 06:56:21 pm
    • Philippines
    • https://web.archive.org/web/20181226221429/http://moogen.piiym.net/
So Chris function 2.0, Jill function, and Green Goblin in a Venom suit.

No seriously were they originally recording for Green Goblin with that voice?
#2657  November 21, 2017, 09:14:45 pm
  • I want to learn, no criticize
    • Dominica
    • yaretromero@hotmail.com
it´s cool this venom has all the move from marvel vs capcom 1. where I saw him for the first time.
Last Edit: November 21, 2017, 09:18:48 pm by yaret
#2658  November 22, 2017, 02:05:30 am
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
Venom looks great.  I was worried that they wouldn't be able to translate what made him look so cool in sprite form, but they nailed it.  Strange choice for the voice, but it's not bad.

Black Widow is Zero Suit Samus.  Meh.

Is it just me, or does Winter Soldier look kind of lazy?  Not in a "devs were lazy in making him" way, but just the way he moves.  That half-assed, one handed gun super, the casual way he just kind of chucks grenades in the opponents general direction, clumsily swinging his robot arm around;  His movements don't really bring a sense of hype or action.  He looks like he doesn't even want to be there and it's super weird they would animate him that way.

lui

#2659  November 22, 2017, 03:05:10 am
    • USA
So Chris function 2.0, Jill function, and Green Goblin in a Venom suit.

No seriously were they originally recording for Green Goblin with that voice?

idk man widow doesnt look like umvc3 jill at all in terms of gameplay.

she doesnt even use guns at all, let alone any kind of projectiles besides her gauntlet. she looks to be making alot of use of her stun batons from Age OF Ultron which is a nice change of pace. she looks pretty diverse and has potential for some cool resets and mixups.

for the venom voice, i think the actor himself gets the ferociousness down, but he has the same problem darth vader had in SWBF 2015, they didnt edit his voice enough to make him sound more monsterous. his moveset looks rad, i hated how slow and low-tier he was in the older games so im realyl glad they improved on it by making it much faster and more hard hitting.

winter soldier looks okay for me. his model looks fine and his moveset seems to focus more on being a powerhouse with guns. i do like that they did some cool stuff with his robot arm atleast, he's still "mr. shooty shooty bang bang" but atleast he has some cool tools up his disposal. dissapointed with his level 1 super but i do like the level 3 super with him punching the opponent right in the face in slow mo with his robot arm, that looks cool as fuck

overall the dlc is looking very nice, hope future characters are even better
Last Edit: November 22, 2017, 03:10:17 am by Walruslui
#2660  November 22, 2017, 04:52:40 am
    • USA
    • YouTube.com/MugenX000
In the Sonic Forces trailers showing off Infinite, his voice was normal but then they ended up filtering it in the final game. Hopefully that's what we see here, Venom kind of needs it.