• I am hilarious
  • and you will quote everything I say
    • USA
I'm still impressed only because of how ridiculous it seems
Re: Pokemon Go thread
#42  August 08, 2016, 09:09:27 am
  • Busy, busy, busy
    • www.trinitymugen.net/forum/index.php
All of the gyms in my area have 2000 cp dragonites or vaporeons guarding them. There is occassionally a snorlax too. The main gym everyone goes for has an Arcanine, Lapras, Dragonite, and Snorlax guarding it and casuals like me will never take it down

-
http://www.Trinitymugen.net/Hosted/CFJ2/
-
thanks again Vans/Jesuszilla!
#43  August 08, 2016, 09:48:53 am
  • Double-Crosser
  • I'm not standing out. This isn't weird at all.
    • USA
Eh, as long as you're within 500 CP it's entirely possible to win a match. Not only that, but it's encouraged, because being at a lower level than theme does more damage to the gym's rep than being on equal footing. Like the anime, the game rewards the underdogs. I've taken out a bunch of gyms singlehandedly due to that.
#44  August 08, 2016, 12:35:59 pm
  • Hedgehog Whisperer
  • Red Bull addict
    • Spain
    • xgargoyle.mgbr.net
not to mention it's 6 against 1
XGargoyle: Battle posing since 1979
http://xgargoyle.mgbr.net
http://www.pandorabots.com/pandora/talk?botid=e71c0d43fe35093a  <-- Please click that link
http://paypal.me/XGargoyle  <-- Donations welcome!
#45  August 08, 2016, 05:22:05 pm
  • I am hilarious
    • USA
My question about gyms is that if I take one over, do I lose that pokemon basically permanently? My strongest is a CP 498 Pidgeot and I'd rather not lose that (though I have a Pidgeotto as well so ???)
#46  August 08, 2016, 10:02:28 pm
    • Puerto Rico
    • www.youtube.com/user/Darkflares
It comes back to you once it's defeated and the gym loses enough prestige to lose a pokemon spot.
#47  August 09, 2016, 01:42:01 am
  • Double-Crosser
    • USA
Yeah, don't worry about losing gyms, from my experience you lose them within hours (if not minutes) of capturing them. Just to give you an idea of this, I took over a gym that happens to be this iconic statue of King Kamehameha and I stuck my 1800 CP Snorlax there. It was gone in an hour.

Even the out of the way gyms aren't safe. There's a gym on top of a SIGN on the highway that I pulled over to capture one day, and it was the same deal.

Also, as a Team Instinct member, I can relate

#48  August 09, 2016, 01:58:25 am
  • The Absolute Worst
    • Canada
    • Skype - do.not.even.ask
    • randomselect.piiym.net/
People using GPS spoofers are the dirt worst. I take down a gym on a bike trail with no one around and within seconds of taking it down, some Team Valor jackass claims it with a 2500CP Snorlax.

Being Team Instinct is suffering.
#49  August 09, 2016, 02:03:41 am
  • Oh look, I changed this thing.
    • USA
    • mega491@yahoo.com
Yup, you get a gym all the way down and then someone scoops it up... Screw those guys that do that! I don't mind if you aren't on my team but JESUS CHRIST MAN have some respeck. I just want to claim a gym without someone snubbing me!
#50  August 09, 2016, 03:58:04 am
    • Puerto Rico
    • www.youtube.com/user/Darkflares
From what I've been told, Team Instinct is a lot more common here in Puerto Rico.
#51  August 09, 2016, 04:05:42 am
  • ↑←↑
  • Dream-Colored Chaser
    • Bosnia and Herzegovina
People kept saying stuff like "Nobody goes yellow boohoo" so I picked Instinct to even stuff out a bit and now everyone I meet is Instinct and they still complain.
I dont get it.

Completely unrelated,but I have no pokeballs left and there is only one pokestation in my town and I am not keen on sitting next to a war memorial and staring at my phone for an hour just so I can get enough balls to keep playing.
Are there any news on when the game'll be officially released in other pieces of Europe?All I get when I search for "Pokemon GO in Bosnia when" is how a bunch of kids died while playing cause they ran into a minefield
#52  August 09, 2016, 04:26:06 am
  • I am hilarious
    • USA
I picked Mystic because I had to pick something.

Siblings picked Valor go figure :V
#53  August 09, 2016, 12:22:12 pm
  • Double-Crosser
    • USA
Game just got updated. To summarize the big changes:

- It's easier to hit things with a Curve Ball than before.
- The Nice/Great/Excellent bonuses are back.
- Game will force you to confirm that you're not driving if you go above a certain speed limit.
- The tracker has been updated... kinda. While Pokemon locations are still mostly nebulous, if you're nearby Pokestops, it'll show you the stop it's closest to.
- Not available yet, but they're testing a tracking feature that's a LOT like what Pokevision was, except limited to the nearby vicinity. Sounds like a fair compromise IMO
#54  August 09, 2016, 04:20:36 pm
    • USA
    • Dumanios@yahoo.com
    • Skype - Dumanios
I'm on BLU team because everyone else in my family is.
#55  August 09, 2016, 04:29:05 pm
  • Oh look, I changed this thing.
    • USA
    • mega491@yahoo.com
I'm on Mystic because blue and Articuno are some of my favorite things.
Last Edit: August 09, 2016, 10:27:27 pm by R565
#56  August 11, 2016, 02:04:45 am
  • I am hilarious
    • USA
So is it normal that the current tracker just tells you everything is in grass? Because I found a wild Hypno just walking down the sidewalk a couple blocks away and it said a Lickitung was in grass nearby but since it was ultra ambiguous about it, it was gone by the time I could try anything.
#57  August 11, 2016, 11:49:18 am
  • Double-Crosser
    • USA
Grass just means it's... somewhere. Rustling grass on the map doesn't always guarantee a Pokemon, sometimes you'll find it where you don't expect it. However, I've noticed that usually if they're nearby, the first places to check are the ones immediately next to a Poke Stop (with or without lures on it).

SO today I went out with one of my friends and one of her friends and we all played Pokemon Go in Waikiki for about four hours. Mostly just goofing off with each other, but I managed to take a few fun screenshots of stuff that happened. Not in chronological order.

John Lennon's legacy is so great that his GUITAR is a Pokestop (this was in a Hard Rock Cafe gift shop)

I guess Rattata identify each other like dogs

PSYDUCK PARTY

And last but not least, I broke the game:

#58  August 11, 2016, 05:22:47 pm
  • I am hilarious
    • USA
I want a goddamn Scyther. One of my favorite gen 1 pokemon easily

At least I got a Hypno yesterday 3 blocks from my house
#59  August 11, 2016, 07:23:26 pm
  • Double-Crosser
    • USA
I notice that they get easier to find the higher your level is. Also for me they tend to show up either near forests or big cities.
#60  August 11, 2016, 10:49:58 pm
  • I am hilarious
    • USA
I'm guessing the two near here aren't quite big enough :(

I did snatch two Dratini up today but that was on the complete opposite side of the county from here.