YesNoOk

Snowy Downtown by Vegaz (Read 7637 times)

Started by Vegaz_Parrelli, June 05, 2018, 10:42:39 pm
Share this topic:
Snowy Downtown by Vegaz
New #1  June 05, 2018, 10:42:39 pm
  • I must continue my training...
[PREVIEW]

[DOWNLOAD]

Snow Bunnies

[COMMENT]

I'm on a roll, yo! New original stage. The original artist's name is Kirokaze. Has superjump, animation, looped bgm and zoom. Enjoy!

Edit: There are some issues with the 1.0 version. Until I fix this baby is 1.1 only.

Do your best to become stronger. Become stronger, so you can do your best.

Mugen is a way for me to remain nostalgic with all of the dream matches I cooked up as a kid. It's also what I call a "Digital Action Figure Collection."
MaxBeta link=topic=155656.msg1876950#msg1876950 date=13867
Vegaz_Parrelli...also known as The Lord of the Rings.
[/quote said:
Last Edit: June 14, 2018, 11:27:47 pm by Vegaz_Parrelli
Re: Snowy Downtown by Vegaz
#2  June 06, 2018, 01:08:34 am
Got it fixed. Should work on 1.0 now.

Mugen is a way for me to remain nostalgic with all of the dream matches I cooked up as a kid. It's also what I call a "Digital Action Figure Collection."
[/quote said:
#3  June 06, 2018, 01:37:28 am
  • Stages & Screen Pack
  • Mugen Creator
    • USA
    • https://jusmugen.forumotion.com/
nice work I seen that animated sprite animation before, I know the guys that name it too hehe awesome coding skills Vegaz :)
Join My JUSMUGEN Community.
https://jusmugen.forumotion.com/
#4  June 06, 2018, 01:56:10 am
This is dope
#5  June 06, 2018, 02:12:49 am

[/quote said:
#6  June 06, 2018, 02:16:44 am
  • For the Murder!
I had some ideas to convert some gifs into stages too, they were put on hold and forgotten lol

nice stage bro, but it's mislabeled as hi-res
Lord Noble Eye of Dezeroff; High Commander of the Reconnaissance Division, Airborne Corps; Fifth Seat in the Murder's Council; and Duke of Corvus
#7  June 06, 2018, 02:19:49 am
nice work I seen that animated sprite animation before, I know the guys that name it too hehe awesome coding skills Vegaz :)

Thanks a bunch, OG. I'm just trying to keep up wit u.

This is dope

I've managed to reach a new audience, lately. Thanks man.

Idk what you mean by new audience but dude, you don't know how many of your stages I have in my Mugen over the past 5 or so years lol

I like my stages to have superjump and zoom and you always provide that  ;D
#8  June 06, 2018, 02:22:07 am
I had some ideas to convert some gifs into stages too, they were put on hold and forgotten lol

Thanks man. I called it hires cuz its localcoord 640×480. I was always under the impression that that was the way to define stage resolution.

This is dope

Idk what you mean by new audience but dude, you don't know how many of your stages I have in my Mugen over the past 5 or so years lol

Woooord?! That put a smile on my face. I don't we've spoke so I didn't know. Thanks for the continued support man.

[/quote said:
#9  June 06, 2018, 09:49:04 am
  • Self-proclaimed best creator!
You... got my respect!
I can't wait to see more from you.
This is fate.
#10  June 06, 2018, 01:26:52 pm
  • AfroSamurai
  • Nothing personal. It’s just revenge.
    • Germany

Thanks man. I called it hires cuz its localcoord 640×480. I was always under the impression that that was the way to define stage resolution.

This is dope

Woooord?! That put a smile on my face. I don't we've spoke so I didn't know. Thanks for the continued support man.

hi-res usally means that the sprites are hd-like, sharp, clearly and no pixel-art (unless u make a high-res-like super mario bros stage)

for comparison :

high-res

non high-res

example for pixel-high-res stage :

u hope u get what i mean :D
just look up some of the CVS 2 stages there are "normal" and high-res variants of some stages where u can clearly see the difference

non-high res:

high-res :

hope this helps :)

ps : i really like your stages but for me, id personally like to see more real high res stages from you :D
#11  June 06, 2018, 01:51:41 pm
You... got my respect!
I can't wait to see more from you.

Thanks bro. I'll be working on my next one 2day. Keep a look out, homie.

hope this helps :)

ps : i really like your stages but for me, id personally like to see more  high res stages from you :D

It helped a lot. In the back of my mind I kinda felt that was the true perception. Makes sense. The cvs and mario stages were good examples. I understand now. Thanks for the support.

[/quote said:
Last Edit: June 06, 2018, 01:56:53 pm by Vegaz_Parrelli
#12  June 06, 2018, 02:16:59 pm
Vegaz was correct to call his stage high res. The default mugen res for a stage is 320x240

Vegaz, great release again man, you are on fire.
The stage reminds me of out of this world for the sega/Genesis/PC
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
Last Edit: June 06, 2018, 02:56:46 pm by PeXXeR
#13  June 06, 2018, 03:16:39 pm
  • AfroSamurai
  • Nothing personal. It’s just revenge.
    • Germany
Vegaz was correct to call his stage high res. The default mugen res for a stage is 320x240

yes, partly it was correct but its not just about the resolution. the "resolution-thing" has become like an unwritten law in mugen community and it makes sense, since you cant have "high-res" in 320x240 for more technical reasons. but besides that its not an indicator.
look it up for yourself and google : high resolution.

i dont wanted to sound like a "know-it-all-smartass" i was just trying to help and clarify that generally speaking in mugen community a "high-res stage" is known as the examples shown above in my previous post. i admit that some stages a re kinda like in between but normaly, when u see a HR-stage, u know its HR.

#14  June 06, 2018, 04:01:17 pm

yes, partly it was correct but its not just about the resolution. the "resolution-thing" has become like an unwritten law in mugen community and it makes sense, since you cant have "high-res" in 320x240 for more technical reasons. but besides that its not an indicator.

i dont wanted to sound like a "know-it-all-smartass" i was just trying to help and clarify that generally speaking in mugen community a "high-res stage" is known as the examples shown above in my previous post. i admit that some stages a re kinda like in between but normaly, when u see a HR-stage, u know its HR.

you have no idea what you're talking about, please.
#15  June 06, 2018, 06:13:54 pm
  • Fist of Nothingness
  • I'm not powerful.
    • Mexico
    • j_llamosa@hotmail.com
The detail as always is absurd, truly worth of enjoying every second. Thanks.
#16  June 06, 2018, 06:27:14 pm

Thanks for the props, homie. I remember that game. The comparison to my stage is a great compliment indeed.

Imma be honest. I think the mugen community has somehow scewed the meaings of "resolution" and "definition" to be somewhat the same. But they're not. Resolution is the number of pixels on the screen at one time. Definition is how often they change their color. That's why I define the stage as hi'res cuz by setting the localcoord to 640x480, it allows more pixels to be displayed on the screen at once. That's why a screenpack can be one resolution and the stage another. I do get your point of view cuz it's how most of us think. But it's not technically sound. Heh...I did change it tho to meet the standard of the common state of mind.

The detail as always is absurd, truly worth of enjoying every second. Thanks.

Thanks for the kind words, bro. Much appreciated.

[/quote said:
#17  June 06, 2018, 06:35:31 pm
  • Angry Molesting Tree
  • Auf gehts ab gehts 3 Tage wach
    • Germany
    • cenobite53.mugengermany.com/
Very nice stage! It has some Blade Runner flavor, great atmosphere!

Where do you get such gorgeous source material?
look at my sprite rips  HERE
look at my TMNT Project HERE
My Contribution to mugen: Stages: 897 | Chars: 8 | Fullgames: 1 | Spritesheets: 85
#18  June 07, 2018, 12:07:28 am
Very nice stage! It has some Blade Runner flavor, great atmosphere!

Where do you get such gorgeous source material?

Thanks. I've gotten that comparison before. I just search the web. They don't really come from a particular site. But I admit, the theme's are similar so it seams like the same artist. It's all in what you're looking for.

[/quote said:
#19  June 07, 2018, 01:18:00 am
  • Vs Style Debuts Tag Project CEO
  • The Dark Wolf Returns
    • USA
Beautiful stage, can't wait to try it out. Animations are nicely done too.
Beware the Dark Wolf once more!
#20  June 07, 2018, 01:22:48 am

[/quote said: