YesNoOk

Jin Kazama by SeanAltly (w/sprites by CVSNB) (Updated 9/5!!!) (Read 49344 times)

Started by Sean Altly, September 05, 2011, 01:09:26 am
Share this topic:
Re: Jin Kazama by SeanAltly (w/sprites by CVSNB)
#41  September 05, 2011, 04:39:58 pm
    • UK
    • strides2glory.com/
I have  a few suggestions too since I am probably the biggest fanboy you'd ever see of tekken lol I play this game religiously. I must say in terms of playability I was expecting him to play like the actual jin and be able to perform combos without move contact. I'm not sure of all jin's move names but I know the tekken commands so Ill refer to them that way too.

-jin needs an EWHF electric wind hook fist. that performs faster then his F,DF,(x,y) (srk) in the actual tekken game its something every mishima has and something that every pro jin player does because it can be used as a frame trap and is safe on block. You could simply use the sprites for your "srk" for this

-I found his overall speed pretty slow for jin and also found that his moves are very punishable. jin's demon paw in tekken can also be used as a frame trap and can be deliberately done to poke at the opponents guard in order to provoke a retaliation then the player would follow up with jin's 1+2 but there are no sprites for this move so you could just used the sprites for shun matsu instead.  you could enable shun matsu to be able to execute immediately after move contact and some guard stun on P2 to provide some safe points

anything that will turn him into a safer player because I struggled against even the most basic A.I due to his overly punishable moves. (mainly round house punch)

these are just suggestions.
Last Edit: September 05, 2011, 04:50:57 pm by DA_MAVERIK
#42  September 05, 2011, 04:46:20 pm
  • Legend now but still learning
    • USA
    • http://cvsnb.deviantart.com/
Last Edit: September 05, 2011, 04:59:23 pm by C.v.s The Abstract
#43  September 05, 2011, 04:55:28 pm
thanx for releasing jin hes perfect and i tested him on the watch section on mugen the a.i. works great on and have an happy (late) birthday  ;D
#44  September 05, 2011, 04:57:21 pm
Happy (late) Birthday Sean.
Jin plays perfect, thank you. :)
#45  September 05, 2011, 05:06:00 pm
  • You don't know enehthin.
Happy Birthday to me! So here's a gift for all of you guys.

Well, I decided it was going to be a while before I could get someone to make AI for him (or for me to learn how to do it). So rather than let him collect digital dust, I'm releasing my Jin Kazama for Capcom vs The World. Here are some notes about the character (spoiler'd since it's kind of a long list):

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Here are some screen shots:

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Here's a video preview as well: Watch

Download him at the following locations:

Temporary Hosting at CVG
Sendspace

Credits (from the ReadMe):

CVSNB for the sprites
Orochi Gill, Safior Kreuz, Zeckle/Laxxe23 and Cybaster for beta testing
PotS for several FX
Namco for creating Jin and Tekken
Everyone at Mugen Fighter's Guild for their continued support
Volzilla at CVG for temp hosting
You!

If I forgot you, just let me know and I'll update this!

WOOOOOOOOO!!!! Jin Kazama comes out, Disagaea 4 and Resitance 3 comes out tommrow, and i'm about to ace a test! This week is gonna rule! :3
Gameboy Scorpion - 4%

SUPER SECRET STAGE - 0% ;)
Last Edit: September 07, 2011, 02:53:41 am by Caddie

GOH

#46  September 05, 2011, 05:07:59 pm
  • Pure radge
    • Portugal
Please edit your post and remove the unnecessary quote.
#47  September 05, 2011, 05:14:40 pm

For Your Bday Present Sean Ill make u that Cvs Mario u Asked for Plus >.> I want Mario in this Playing Style

Yeah he's got those moves, but the first combo only has the 1-2. In the real game that combo is actually a 2 hit combo, but I can see you incorporated it into a similar 3 hit combo, which I think is executed as n + 2xP and just f + 2xP respectively.

-jin needs an EWHF electric wind hook fist. that performs faster then his F,DF,(x,y) (srk) in the actual tekken game its something every mishima has and something that every pro jin player does because it can be used as a frame trap and is safe on block. You could simply use the sprites for your "srk" for this

I noticed this too, but I didn't give Sean shit about it because I felt that he did it on purpose. I didn't give him shit about a crouch dash because I thought he did it on purpose, and then there's the fact that the required sprites for it might not exist. But while we're at it let's talk Tekken-style parries.  ;D
#48  September 05, 2011, 05:53:53 pm
  • Trying now to act normal
    • https://onedrive.live.com/?id=7DB65F02B0BBD12E!105&cid=7DB65F02B0BBD12E
Happy B-day Release!  Very solid gameplay!   :2thumbsup:

Spinning Flare Kick - D,DB,B,K is my favorite special move!

Only one minor thing:

In readme, Lunging Low Roundhouse Kick (LLRK) - F+LK    <------------------- shouldn't this be F+HK???

And only my personal preference:  running jump could be faster.

Thank you very much!   :D
* Pleasing other people is nice, but when creating for Mugen, you're supposed to please yourself first. -- Cybaster
#49  September 05, 2011, 06:11:07 pm
    • UK
    • strides2glory.com/
@Cazaki

I was also going to mention CD but I wasn't sure if sean knew what a wave dash was. Also programming a wave dash is problematic since I have been trying to do it for my armor king. F,N,DF,F command is very hard to do without intefering with other codes since it always messed up my DF,F commands. he may have to settle for something comfortable like /F,x+y like i did. as for spriting it; well it could just be a run frame into a crouch to stand with some glide on it to get that motion.

as for parries, jin's mental alertness taunt could be turned into a repel like it does in T6. That is the only thing that can be done since jin's other parries haven't been sprited.

but yeah EWHF has to be included that is jin's ace in the hole. safe on block, only punishable by ducking
Last Edit: September 05, 2011, 06:14:55 pm by DA_MAVERIK
#50  September 05, 2011, 06:13:53 pm
In hindsight that claim about CM Punk being an uneven matchup must have just been me bawwing because CM Punk's AI reads all your button presses and counters everything, and the fact that since all Jin's attacks are close range, it's easy for people to counter you because every move you do is counter-able. I don't think there's nothing in particular in the matchup that is too bad except the counters. But the Squall thing is legit, my homeboy slaughters Jin as Squall because of those long-range normals. After I modified CM Punk's AI so that the counters are less frequent I had far less issues with him.

EDIT: Ah okay, well if he does code it in, I guess it can have the same functionality as it does in SFxT and actual Tekken though, crouches under projectiles and high attacks, and has a multiple follow ups, but in this case you would just make it special cancellable instead of giving it specific followups.
Last Edit: September 05, 2011, 09:02:43 pm by Cazaki
#51  September 05, 2011, 06:42:11 pm
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/saikoros-high-resolution-mugen-portraits-fatal-fury-full-set-145724.0.html
Alrighty.... Played with Jin a little bit.... and I do have to say that he is spot on with the way Tekken feels. His ground attacks and special moves feel just right. I like how he has the standard 4 button denotation, just like Tekken. Personally, I would have liked to see actual inputs based off of Tekken's command list (E.G. Throws are both left/right buttons as opposed to "throw button" and "special button").

I do see peoples complaints though with comboability: Some moves leave the opponent wide open for attacks, yet you cant dive right in for more hits (Forgive my lack of clarity as I tested him out for about 15 minutes).

This stuff is splitting hairs on an already solid character. Nicely done Sean. Keep it up!!
All of your Mugen Portrait needs may be found HERE.

I'd like to report two robots on the MFG forums: One is EXShadow. The other is Saikoro.
There should be a Saikoro plugin for Photoshop.
#52  September 05, 2011, 07:25:42 pm
  • Coder and Voice Actor
    • USA
    • www.youtube.com/thisisgir
I ripped the voice clips for Jin ._.
#53  September 05, 2011, 07:34:06 pm
  • Character Not Unlocked ~
    • Norway
    • Skype - crap-zapper
Happy-Bday Sean hope u enjoy ur day and thanks for the great release  ;D
Previously known as;
Mugen-Ninja 2011-2014.
The Street Fighter 2014-2021.
#54  September 05, 2011, 08:24:08 pm
  • Just A Dude...
  • For me, it was Tuesday...
    • Canada
    • chaoticdarkness.deviantart.com/

12 more palettes, which I think is more than enough from me...I think that brings my total up to 19, I tried to vary these a bit more instead of just using variations of his default colour in different styles, hope you like them :)

::LINK::
Download Palette Pack 2 if you want -only- these ones, pack 1 includes all the ones I posted earlier.

MDD

#55  September 05, 2011, 09:07:18 pm
  • OG Pallette Goon
  • Only here for one night let me put it on ya face
#56  September 05, 2011, 09:26:32 pm
  • Legend now but still learning
    • USA
    • http://cvsnb.deviantart.com/
#57  September 05, 2011, 09:34:14 pm
  • Deliverater
  • Who's that guy? A-L-T-L-Y
    • USA
    • www.mugenguild.com/seanaltly
Folks, I'm not sure what's going here with all this talk of the EWHF. If it's this move that you're talking about, he basically has it already. It's DP+HP. I see slight differences in mine and the one in the video, but I don't see how adding one that's exactly like the video would be any different than his DP+HP move he already has. Da Maverik even said I could use the sprites I'm already using for DP+HP, so what would be the point?

To be honest with you guys, this has been a frustrating release for me because I am not a great Tekken player. I own most of the games, but I main King and Lee, not Jin. I took what I knew about Jin and the sprites that were available to me and tried to make a 2-D fighting game character out of him. I'm not terribly interested in incorporating Tekken mechanics like wake-up rolling and crouch dashing. I said earlier I was going to release an updated version that's faster and has some tweaks to make him more capable, but I'm not going to start throwing in Tekken mechanics and worrying about exactly how some of his moves work in Tekken because I don't want them to work like they do in Tekken, I want them to work like they would in Street Fighter. So give me a bit, and I'll post the updated release.

I ripped the voice clips for Jin ._.
No, they come with CVSB's sprites.

No Edward Rip em for me no Disrespect n anyway

Well, nobody told me that. I'll update the readme and the first post.

Download Last Bout now!
#58  September 05, 2011, 09:39:45 pm
Which is why I didn't sweat it. It's okay Sean, not stressin ya man.
#59  September 05, 2011, 09:45:22 pm
  • Deliverater
  • Who's that guy? A-L-T-L-Y
    • USA
    • www.mugenguild.com/seanaltly
Hey guys, would it improve his ability to get in if I made Evil Intent into a Rekka-style chain special, and gave him a different L1 super? It would probably nullify Demon's Paw, but I'm sure I could find a use for it.

Download Last Bout now!
#60  September 05, 2011, 09:50:16 pm
    • UK
    • strides2glory.com/
you shouldn't be getting frustrated man, people are merely stating ideas. none of which you have to even consider.

The difference between your "roundhouse punch" and the EWHF is the roundhouse punch is slower and unsafe. whereas the ewhf is faster and safe on block. in tekken terms there is a big difference. EWHF is an iconic feature for jin every jin player that comes here and download this will probably expect it to be part of his arsenal. Its literally the same as creating a hwoarang, people will expect "just frame sky rocket" to be in his arsenal.

but now that I have seen your going for the street fighter approach that means none of what I said is relevant continue doing what your doing.