YesNoOk

CVS Alex released, CVS Felicia updated (Updated 2017/11/12) (Read 79654 times)

Started by Jesuszilla, September 21, 2017, 01:59:02 am
Share this topic:
Re: CVS Alex released, CVS Felicia updated
#21  September 27, 2017, 11:55:13 pm
    • Indonesia
What input device are you using? I can do everything fine on stick. The buffer works exactly the same as it does in CvS2.
I tried using keyboard and gamepad input and it is very difficult now. Looked like the culprit is your new buffering input system. Your input command timing is very strict now. Yes as I remember the original cvs2 input is very strict too.
I have fixed it by modifying the cmd file. I changed back all the special command input to normal mugen way (no more using helper) and it is working fine now on keyboard and gamepad.
#22  September 28, 2017, 12:59:28 am
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
    • http://jesuszilla.trinitymugen.net/
Just got home. I can do them on keyboard just fine as well. I can even consistently pull off 360's which I find hard to do with Warusaki's Zangief.

But whatever, have fun.
#23  September 28, 2017, 01:49:38 am
    • Indonesia
Just got home. I can do them on keyboard just fine as well. I can even consistently pull off 360's which I find hard to do with Warusaki's Zangief.

But whatever, have fun.

Yes, warusaki's characters input command are fine because it is still using normal mugen input system (not using buffering helper).
#24  September 28, 2017, 01:58:37 am
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
    • http://jesuszilla.trinitymugen.net/
ok

lui

#25  September 28, 2017, 09:22:05 am
    • USA
the character itself is great, but I feel that the buffering system makes it feel a bit off

Using the var method makes for a slight delay in inputs which for me atleast, makes it kinda harder than it should be to perform the moves. I can still perform em, I just need to take a sec to adjust myself physically to get used to the delay.
#26  September 28, 2017, 09:59:36 am
  • Objection! Sustained!
    • Russia
    • mitia.pogorelov1@yandex.ru

Time for me to enter the row or people, complaining about Alex's hard controls.
I personally can easily do classic commands like Quarter Circles, Half Circles or Shoryukens. Also, have no problems with all the supers, including Full Circle ones. But God Damn Me, somehow I totally CAN'T PULL OFF A F*CKIN' CHARGES!
Well, all in all, a really decent Alex. But this inability to control him at his full kinda makes him look worse.
#27  September 28, 2017, 10:00:42 am
  • YADANA... SI USU...
    • USA
    • grimwatson1@gmail.com
Its been ages since I've played. what I miss?
#28  September 28, 2017, 03:44:49 pm
  • Sr. Black Person
  • Mess with the chuchu you get the pewpew
    • USA
    • Kamekaze.world
I've had 0 issues on this build of alex. But I plan on recording input attempts on all 3 environments (keyboard, pad, stick) later on to get to the bottom of this.
Want to feel useful for a useless show? click here
119/150 Chars, I'm not dead yet....the true surprise is in my thread.
Hahahah fuck you photobucket.
#29  September 28, 2017, 03:51:46 pm
  • ???
    • UK
    • Skype - koopakootmugen
I haven't had any issues on any of Alex's commands either. Normally I do have issues with incorrect charge commands but haven't had any issues in this case.
#30  September 28, 2017, 04:30:18 pm
No issues here, charges are completely fine.

Commands were a tiny bit rigid on pad (far from impossible though) but no problem on keyboard, so probably just me being lazy with the dualshock.
#31  September 28, 2017, 04:38:08 pm
  • Estoy siempre listo para un desafío.
    • Puerto Rico
    • im41784@yahoo.com
Step yall game up, theres nothing wrong with his commands.
The buffer system is 110% better than mugens buggy cmd system.
One thing I noticed about mugen is that the default cmd system
Feels really loose, its super easy to pull shit off unlike "real" fight
Games. So if you got complacent with mugen, I suggest you play
Some cvs2 to refresh your muscle memory lol.
#32  September 28, 2017, 05:05:30 pm
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
So if you got complacent with mugen, I suggest you play
Some cvs2 to refresh your muscle memory lol.
I use a keyboard, and I've played CvS2 with one quite a bit, so my muscle memory is pretty good. Yet I still have serious issues pulling off commands here. F,D,DF only seems to work when I input F, D, F; charge down, up I've gotten to work exactly once; charge back, forward only sees to activate if I charge back, then do a half circle forward. This is all decidedly not the case when I play CvS2. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I'm starting to wonder if there's some weird, esoteric hardware issue going on that's causing such differing experiences.
#33  September 28, 2017, 05:15:35 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
I see most issues seem to be coming from keyboard users. I just tried him and I'm having no issue. The charge command works without a HCF motion. I'm using a pad + XPadder.

I don't know what the issue could be with keyboards but I know some are really finicky when it comes to combinations and the way they deal with auto presses when you hold the buttons may be causing issues as well?

Anyway, he did have a debug error about remappal can;t map 1,1 to 1,0 on startup.

Other than that he's feeling pretty solid in my test. I'd probably have to do some IRL vs to really know if any motions feel off at this point.
#34  September 28, 2017, 07:08:03 pm
  • Estoy siempre listo para un desafío.
    • Puerto Rico
    • im41784@yahoo.com
Idk guys, I'm using a PS2 controller and the old Namco PS1
Tekken fight stick and it works fine on my end.
Like Jmorphman said it could be hardware related.
Or try Xpadder like JNP, that might give it a different feel
Than using the controller xinput drivers if using a pad.

lui

#35  September 28, 2017, 08:36:28 pm
    • USA
I use a stick. I mean like I said I can still perform the moves they just have a slight delay in the inputs which feels off but not bad. Still love the character itself
#36  September 28, 2017, 08:38:51 pm
  • A human that exists sometimes.
    • USA
Just chiming in as a keyboard user, I have no issues pulling off any commands, except for any dp's. Can only finish the commands with F, not DF.
do the thing
#37  September 29, 2017, 03:01:23 am
    • Indonesia
I suspect this buffering input problem is caused by different cpu pc specification.
Looked like this buffering system require high cpu specs. And default mugen input system doesn't require that.
I tested it on amd A8 and that problem is really exist. I fixed that by modifying cmd file to default mugen input system.

DW

#38  September 29, 2017, 05:29:55 pm
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
Aye! I've been waiting on this. Thank you. I'll get back with you if I find anything.

lui

#39  September 29, 2017, 09:15:35 pm
    • USA
I suspect this buffering input problem is caused by different cpu pc specification.
Looked like this buffering system require high cpu specs. And default mugen input system doesn't require that.
I tested it on amd A8 and that problem is really exist. I fixed that by modifying cmd file to default mugen input system.

I really, really, really doubt your cpu specs is the reason you're having issues
#40  September 29, 2017, 11:09:45 pm
    • Indonesia

I really, really, really doubt your cpu specs is the reason you're having issues

Yes, I know. But come on, my cpu specs is still capable enough for playing mugen before this case. Even my laptop is still capable to use fxaa shadder filter using reshade.