YesNoOk

A Variety of Chars & Stages Smoothed Out {growing list} (Read 125508 times)

Started by RobotMonkeyHead, May 27, 2012, 09:18:31 pm
Share this topic:
Re: A Variety of Chars & Stages Smoothed Out {growing list}
#321  March 05, 2013, 02:38:34 am
  • Idea!
    • USA
@RobotMonkeyHead:

No problem, may have to take a rain check on DL'ing though, since my comp's real slow.
#322  March 05, 2013, 05:38:10 am
  • Shakespear.
New drawing added to 'Some Drawings in Progress' section of first posts:

Me and my friend get together to draw about 3 or 4 days a week.  Here's what we've been working on for the past 2 weeks or so.  11 straight hours of drawing on it a few days ago brought it to the finished pencil stage, which is what this scan is (composite of 4 scans).  We're currently inking it (spent all day on it today), and it should be done in about another week or so.  I'll probably use a highly digitized scan of the inked version for an intro screen in my SP wip. 

Click pic to enlarge.
-Pic may return.
#323  March 05, 2013, 03:10:21 pm
  • I ejaculate fire
    • USA
That's amazing.  You have too much goddamn talent.
This is how you recognize a character is polished or not : when small details are taken care of to provide the best experience possible.
#324  March 06, 2013, 04:07:31 pm
  • ↑←↑
  • Dream-Colored Chaser
    • Bosnia and Herzegovina
Holy fuck the detail.
You have some crazy imagination too XD
#325  March 06, 2013, 04:33:17 pm
  • Fuck you.
    • Philippines
    • Skype - Markpachi
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/-opensource-mps-psds-stages-and-resources-please-put-them-good-use-172321.0.html
I've never seen something so ... unique. :impressed:
Is it alright if I use that in the future? Maybe as a sig.

Rest in peace, Tamez. Thank you for everything.
#326  March 06, 2013, 05:28:52 pm
  • Shakespear.
Thanks fellas, glad you like!  We've been busting ass on this thing, trying to get it done before I move in 10 days to 1500 miles away for 3 months (nutrition and cooking counseling for a friend of the family with very serious illness).  How we work is we set up some video game (last was Far Cry 3, now onto the new Aliens) and we trade off game and drawing, usually about 5 or 10 min intervals.  Over the course of many hours / days / weeks / years / decades that method leads to a really smooth and even blend between our two styles.

This piece here is going to be the center picture of a triptych with two vaguely similar pieces on each side, one penciled by me and inked by both of us, and one penciled by him (which is a sort of reinterpretation of mine) and inked by both of us. 

Spoiler: Pic (click to see content)

@Pachi: Yeah if you want to use it go ahead.  It is only half done in this scan, and I gotta say it looks infinitely better just with the ink that's on it so far.  Within a week or so I should have a scan of it fully inked, which I'll post so if you want to wait till then you'll get a much better version of it.  Just FYI I do have a shrunk down version of it in my avatar cycle somewhere, and it's going to be the intro logo for my SP wip, but if that doesn't bother you, it doesn't bother me any.  I'm happy to see it circulate honestly :)
#327  March 06, 2013, 08:55:46 pm
Nah, nothing as simple as that, just the craziness that seems inevitable whenever anyone does anything comic/mugen related (seriously what is up with all the insane people). Short not-naming-any-names version is that certain people were speaking for other people without their knowledge and dealing with a certain crazy cult leader we've both had problems with in the past.

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

I for one don't want my work anywhere near that asshole or anything he represents, and neither did others involved with the project, including TOPS of all people, so a lot of us thought it was best to just continue our work outside of the context of the game. There are a couple of people still interested in continuing the project, but they're going to have to mostly start from scratch because of who they choose to associate with, so I'm not too optimistic about their chances.

I think that was neutral and diplomatic-y enough? If you want me to give you the full drama rundown, shoot me a PM, I refuse to sidetrack your thread again. XD

Glad to hear you're still tinkering around with Venom, your version will definitely replace the original in my MUGEN whenever it's done. :)
#328  March 06, 2013, 10:26:53 pm
  • Shakespear.
3 new pencil sketches added, and 3 figure study pencil sketches updated.  Enjoy!
Spoiler: The NSFW ones. (click to see content)
- Pics may return.
#329  March 11, 2013, 04:07:00 am
  • Shakespear.
1000 n shit.

Posted: April 05, 2013, 05:14:01 am
Not that I've been all that active lately anyway, but I just moved 1500 miles away, and have plenty of real life to deal with, so anything I've been working on mugen related is pretty much shelfed at this point, at least for a while.  Just figured I'd let you guys know so you're not waiting on any of my stuff.  Cheers
#330  April 05, 2013, 05:19:42 am
  • tired
    • Skype - Istillhasnoname
Thanks for keeping us updated. How long did it take you to move?
Is finding MUGEN to be more enjoyable to play when you're not wearing clothes an underrated opinion?
#331  April 05, 2013, 05:21:45 am
  • Shakespear.
Nah, nothing as simple as that, just the craziness that seems inevitable whenever anyone does anything comic/mugen related (seriously what is up with all the insane people). Short not-naming-any-names version is that certain people were speaking for other people without their knowledge and dealing with a certain crazy cult leader we've both had problems with in the past.

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

I for one don't want my work anywhere near that asshole or anything he represents, and neither did others involved with the project, including TOPS of all people, so a lot of us thought it was best to just continue our work outside of the context of the game. There are a couple of people still interested in continuing the project, but they're going to have to mostly start from scratch because of who they choose to associate with, so I'm not too optimistic about their chances.

I think that was neutral and diplomatic-y enough? If you want me to give you the full drama rundown, shoot me a PM, I refuse to sidetrack your thread again. XD

Glad to hear you're still tinkering around with Venom, your version will definitely replace the original in my MUGEN whenever it's done. :)

Yeah nice job on the diplomacy stuff.  I can understand the tip of the iceberg I'm seeing in the post ;).  All I can say is that's shitty, and I'm sorry for you guys.  I hope you can all get what you want accomplished despite the nonsense, but starting from scratch is a real pisser.  Any way around that?

I'm not going to be active for a little while, but you already know you're welcome to use anything of mine you see.  If you want to try your hand at animating that Venom stance in the mean time be my guest, but like I said, I have to put mugen aside for a little while.  Good luck.

Posted: April 05, 2013, 05:24:44 am
Thanks for keeping us updated. How long did it take you to move?

Cheers man, it was a 24 hour straight drive with 1 hour rest.  Straight to the bar, put away 3 beers and felt like a zombie for a couple days, but all is well and good now.  I'm stayin with my brother surrounded with sunshine and palm trees so I'm doing pretty well ;)

Actually tryin to get this job as a comic book artist.
#332  April 05, 2013, 06:48:15 am
  • tired
    • Skype - Istillhasnoname
:dizzy2: That's a lot of driving. How's it going trying to get the artist job?
Is finding MUGEN to be more enjoyable to play when you're not wearing clothes an underrated opinion?
#333  April 05, 2013, 07:45:06 am
  • Shakespear.
Pretty good so far, I sent them a bunch of drawings, and a followup email, and they asked for some more examples of superhero line art from me.  I'm in the process of getting that stuff together, and I should have it ready to send tomorrow.  Fingers crossed. I'm not even sure what comic it's for honestly, it was kind of an ambiguous request on craigslist.
#334  April 05, 2013, 12:19:15 pm
I'm not going to be active for a little while, but you already know you're welcome to use anything of mine you see.  If you want to try your hand at animating that Venom stance in the mean time be my guest, but like I said, I have to put mugen aside for a little while.  Good luck.

Did you get any more done than that one frame posted ages ago?

Neat, a good friend of mine makes a living that way. I can definitely see the above style being used in some kind of trippy Vertigo thing. :P
#335  April 19, 2013, 04:47:48 am
  • Shakespear.

Did you get any more done than that one frame posted ages ago?
Yeah, I got a sheet with about 55 - 60 different poses on it I intend to franken-sprite from.   I also got about 4 or 5 more frames done, but it's still a ways from finished. 

Neat, a good friend of mine makes a living that way. I can definitely see the above style being used in some kind of trippy Vertigo thing. :P
Thanks, yeah it would certainly be fun.  Unfortunately my comps been having overheating problems again lately, and it shit the bead right while I was writing a response email to them.  It took a little while to get it looked at, and in the meantime I had to pick up a chef job, which is more temporary anyway.  There is a gallery down here that seems interested in my work tho, hopefully that turns up well.

If you want those other frames and that sheet as a gimp file I can mail them to you.
#336  April 19, 2013, 05:24:22 am
If you're sure you're not gonna finish, yeah, sure, I'll probably get around to finishing it and fixing a few coding issues at some point. My e-mail's in my profile.
New #337  May 10, 2013, 09:46:25 pm
  • Shakespear.
First post changed.  Happy Mugenings!