YesNoOk

Character of the Month: December 2016 Voting (Read 16031 times)

Started by 【MFG】gui0007, January 17, 2017, 02:35:48 am
Share this topic:

Poll

Two for choose, one for the win!

Piccolo Z2 by Team Z2
43 (30.9%)
Youmu Konpaku by Ricepigeon
12 (8.6%)
R.O.B by WlanmaniaX
4 (2.9%)
Heidern by Falcon Rapper
6 (4.3%)
M-GEN: Altered Beast by Bane84
6 (4.3%)
Cody by Lost_Avenger
9 (6.5%)
Vanessa by ReixSeiryu
3 (2.2%)
Ridley by BaganSmashBros
4 (2.9%)
Kuroyukihime by Kohaku
13 (9.4%)
Broly by G-knux19
8 (5.8%)
Nomal Kaede (LB1) by Ohgaki
1 (0.7%)
Awakened Kaede (LB1) by Ohgaki
3 (2.2%)
Mallow by Syu Takazaki
0 (0%)
Garuda by armin_iuf
4 (2.9%)
Chowder by Placemario
1 (0.7%)
Kung Fury by tem(A)
8 (5.8%)
Gladiator by Amon-Ra
0 (0%)
Iori Yagami (KOF '95) by Sekirei
7 (5%)
Loki by Arkady and Skhsato123
2 (1.4%)
Geese Howard (FF3/RB) by Sekirei
5 (3.6%)

Total Members Voted: 79

Voting closed: February 01, 2017, 02:35:48 am

Re: Character of the Month: December 2016 Voting
#21  January 30, 2017, 02:17:06 pm
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/saikoros-high-resolution-mugen-portraits-fatal-fury-full-set-145724.0.html
Went with my KoF gut and voted Geese and Iori by Sekirei. :sugoi:
All of your Mugen Portrait needs may be found HERE.

I'd like to report two robots on the MFG forums: One is EXShadow. The other is Saikoro.
There should be a Saikoro plugin for Photoshop.
#22  February 01, 2017, 12:40:59 pm
  • YERRRRRRRRRR
  • HIGHBRIDGE!
    • USA
    • Skype - DJHANNIBALROYCEUSA
    • sites.google.com/site/djhrmugen/
CONGRADS PICCOLO!
Follow me on twitter! @djhannibalroyce
#23  February 01, 2017, 02:52:12 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Oh wow! Thank you guys so much!!! It means a ton to know that my 1st character release was good enough to win this! When I was younger one of my goals was to get the "Creator" status. I'm a little late for that but this is probably the closest thing we have to it now!

I want to thank @iced: @balthazar: @hq: @alexsin: @cybaster: @barker: @daeron: from team Z2 for all their support and patience while I was learning with Gotenks and Piccolo

@xgargoyle: @jmorphman: @jango:  @jesuszilla: @odb718: @altoiddealer:  @cyanide:
For all their advanced coding assistance via pm and in the MANY help threads I made.

And @vans: for laying the groundwork for Piccolo. Though, I have to yell at you at least once publicly about you not following HDBZ templates and changing many universal state numbers and other various numbers! And for building on top of Gohan. How on earth did you keep up with all that clutter?!!! I had to strip away so much and recode it! But it was worth it since it helped me tons more! Seeing how you coded some things and following the flow of code to know which was Piccolo's and which was Gohan's taught me so so much! Thanks for all you did to start him off.

And last but not least, thank all of you that voted and enjoyed Piccolo! I hope you guys will enjoy the finished version coming with the next full build. Hopefully that comes out sometime in February!
Last Edit: February 01, 2017, 03:18:08 pm by Just No Point
#24  February 01, 2017, 02:58:23 pm
  • Whats a girlfriend? its something you can eat?
    • Spain
Congrats! I really admire how fast you learned to code JNP, its really impressive!
#25  February 01, 2017, 03:07:43 pm
  • Robotics Engineer
    • USA
    • altoiddealer@gmail.com
Congrats!

The quality of coding and spritework of Piccolo is simply amazing!

#26  February 01, 2017, 03:30:54 pm
    • Mexico
    • cucco77@hotmail.com
Well deserved. Honored to have voted for my favorite namekian, and you, JNP, Balth and other talented fellas in the Z2 team made it possible.

HQ

#27  February 01, 2017, 05:49:54 pm
Congrats JNP! It's been quite a ride and pleasure to watch you improve over time. Your dedication to this project is inspiring!
#28  February 01, 2017, 10:05:23 pm
  • Hedgehog Whisperer
  • Red Bull addict
    • Spain
    • xgargoyle.mgbr.net
good work mate!
XGargoyle: Battle posing since 1979
http://xgargoyle.mgbr.net
http://www.pandorabots.com/pandora/talk?botid=e71c0d43fe35093a  <-- Please click that link
http://paypal.me/XGargoyle  <-- Donations welcome!
#29  February 01, 2017, 10:40:23 pm
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
Congrats! I really admire how fast you learned to code JNP, its really impressive!
FAST??!? He's been around for 12 years! :P

In all seriousness Piccolo deserves this landslide. Congratulations JNP, and Team Z!!
vVv Ryuko718 Updated 10/31/22 vVv
#30  February 02, 2017, 10:47:27 am
    • China
    • http://vans.trinitymugen.net/
And @vans: for laying the groundwork for Piccolo. Though, I have to yell at you at least once publicly about you not following HDBZ templates and changing many universal state numbers and other various numbers! And for building on top of Gohan. How on earth did you keep up with all that clutter?!!! I had to strip away so much and recode it! But it was worth it since it helped me tons more! Seeing how you coded some things and following the flow of code to know which was Piccolo's and which was Gohan's taught me so so much! Thanks for all you did to start him off.

There was no template, JNP. I was precisely attempting to organize the effects and the sounds in standarized numbers so they could easily be carried over from character to character. Cybaster himself admitted to me that there wasn't a precise order being followed for things, they just kept "carrying over".

As I was working on that Piccolo I kept stumbling upon effects being "in the middle" of SFFs and using very specific numbers that could possibly be needed for something else. (e.g, an effect made for Vegeta that later became a part of the system, but it's still in the middle of the SFF). If an effect is a system effect, it should not be in the middle of a character, it's confusing and a nightmare to follow.

Sounds had the same problem, all the hitsounds were scattered and it took me an incredible amount of time to find them.

I discussed this many times, if the numbers are standarized it would be extremely easy to release HDBZ a standalone game while saving space, memory and resources. Actual organization would help coders "join in" more easily.

During my run I kept finding redundant logic and "blank" controllers that did nothing, so I started fixing those as well. I was comparing the code to 2/3 different characters as I went along. Especially during hitsounds, I made sure that the sounds used by the other characters would have a proper standarized spot that was easily identifiable.

I'm glad you learned so much. Whatever you had to recode from me, I hope it was for the best. I wish I could've finished proposing a new clean template.
Last Edit: February 02, 2017, 10:56:40 am by Vans
#31  February 02, 2017, 11:27:26 am
  • ???
    • UK
    • Skype - koopakootmugen
It doesn't make sense to have differing numbers for system sounds/fightfx between characters using the same system.

I would recommend making a template that includes aspects present in all characters. Having a more standardised and easy to follow base would allow "external" creators to work with the system a lot more smoothly.

#32  February 02, 2017, 12:14:42 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Ah, that explains why so much was rearranged. I was told Vegeta should be the template. So even though some effects are in the middle it's fine as long as it's always like that.

I see what you were trying to do and how it would have been nice to have had it gone to completion. It was confusing since I'd gotten used to the Vegeta template making Gotenks. What was the reasoning for having everything built into Gohan? Some of Piccolo's attack still kept the names of Gohan attacks hah

It was hard to follow because of the mix of code. But like I said, it was actually very useful too. I had to follow the code and see what stayed and what went. It's one of those things where it wasn't fun when I had to do it but I really benifitted from having to do so. In a way it kinda makes you one of those senseis that uses harsh methods to make sure the student learns the most :p

I really did learn a lot following your code. :)
#33  February 02, 2017, 12:20:14 pm
    • China
    • http://vans.trinitymugen.net/
I'm glad to hear. :)

And like I said, my main intention was organizing the assets in a neat way. But (like you said) it was tough for me to be hunting down numbers and making sure that what I was looking at was a system effect rather than a character-only effect.

I wish I could've completed it too, my goal was for HDBZ to have an effect set that could extremely easily be ported to fightfx. Simple to track and simple to remember indices. As of right now, Fighter Factory's "import" feature fails in the sense that you will probably import undesired sprites from a different character instead of just system effects, I also wanted to prevent this from happening.

This task (as well as correcting any weird logic I found in common states) took a great chunk of time. :(
#34  February 02, 2017, 12:49:49 pm
    • USA
    • Skype - dainfinite
    • infiniteff.forumotion.com/
Congrats JNP,Piccolo  is Awesome. Thanks TeamZ2, for bringing us another great character.
#35  February 04, 2017, 06:15:50 pm
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
Congrats to everybody who made this Piccolo possible, he's a great character, and all you guys deserve huge respect.

As for the non-standardized effects, it's not "entirely" my fault (but I'm still sorry about it) ! When coding Goku Z2, Balthazar was still improving his spriting skills, and kept updating sprites, changing sprite count for animations, changing effects, replacing sounds over and over. So Goku Z2 worked well, but his code was all over the place, due to the constant coming back and forth, and he ended up being the 1st Z2 char, which obviously meant he'd be the "template" for future Z2 chars.

When Vegeta Z2 was being developed, he was built on top of Goku, and I was changing effects, then changing them back again to the old ones, etc. Long story short, the whole thing was cluttered, but I kept building over it (HDBZ being a fullgame wasn't a thing/plan at the time). A few years later, here you are sorting out my mess !
#36  February 04, 2017, 08:35:01 pm
  • Fate's Persona
  • Words hurt more than blades.
Gladiator is actually an original............dammit,i should have known :/
~ A swift blade makes monsters tame. ~
#37  February 05, 2017, 03:35:50 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/