YesNoOk

Hip-Hop Discussion Thread (Read 90781 times)

Started by D'Evil, April 15, 2013, 07:23:55 pm
Share this topic:

GLB

Re: Hip-Hop Discussion Thread
#61  April 17, 2013, 06:53:39 pm
    • network.mugenguild.com/glb/
I haven't heard any of Hopsin's full albums or tapes but from the songs that I have heard from him, I can say he definitely has bars and a nice flow.

You should check out his singles, namely the ill minds and funk volume 2012 and 2013. RAW was good, but it gets old fast, I'm not a huge fan of his older stuff. His rap battles with Novi Novack are pretty cool though.
#62  April 21, 2013, 10:00:41 pm
  • "Draw Pilgrim" or something.
    • USA
DJ Rob Dinero has dropped the "Watching Over The Throne" mix-tape, a fantastic mash-up concept with 2Pac & BIG acapellas over remixed Watch The Throne beats.

Give it a dl here:
https://www.box.com/s/4i1on31yqo4ivmroeoy7
#63  April 21, 2013, 10:37:36 pm
  • Estoy siempre listo para un desafío.
    • Puerto Rico
    • im41784@yahoo.com
#64  April 21, 2013, 10:58:13 pm
    • USA
#65  April 22, 2013, 08:30:46 pm
  • I'm Mr. Monstro and I live under your bed.........
    • Spain
    • gamerfreaksanaddicts@yahoo.com
    • mugenmonstro.webs.com/
Well time for me to step in Tupac was not overrated to this date he was the last rapper spreading  good messages and just so you know Grand Master Flash and the Furious Five and the Memphis Jug Band is where it's at. The Memphis Jug Band are said to be the first to use rhymes in this certain way and the Furious Five revolutionized rap and made the turn tables an instrument paving the way to the dea of being a DJ.

Posted: April 22, 2013, 08:32:24 pm
#66  April 22, 2013, 09:19:35 pm
    • USA
Well time for me to step in Tupac was not overrated to this date he was the last rapper spreading  good messages

lol, 'K. Not saying he didn't spread a good message, but that statement is an awful stretch. Also

That's why I fucked your bitch, you fat motherfucker

2Pac wasn't always spreading a positive message.

And yeah I'm familar with GF & The Furious Five, not so much with The Memphis Jug Band.
#67  April 22, 2013, 09:38:47 pm
  • a.k.a DuckSS
    • https://synckmugencentral667.000webhostapp.com/
one problem celest is calling me nigga!
yes I'm not black but I think is in hip hop music always voice nigga,and the celest is already listen to that
#68  April 22, 2013, 09:41:13 pm
  • The Only Easy Day was Yesterday
    • USA
    • www.facebook.com/truemicah
The Duckss, no disrespect but please do not post in this thread.
Just leave.

^In Pac's defense, that was more of a "strong jab" during Pac and Biggie's rap beef. 
That intro was nowhere near as lyrical as the products he usually puts out and is a bad example.  That very line was only used catch the listener's attention.  Pac was moreso bashing Biggie the entire time of that specific track.

Tupac was not overrated to this date he was the last rapper spreading good messages
I don't think he was overrated either.
However, I think because of his popularity and his widespread influence, many people debate and contest his skills Vs the skills of other MC's and pick at the flaws they find within Tupac's works.

I disagree with him being the "last rapper spreading good messages". 
Many influential MC's/Rappers still spread "good messages" today.

Last Edit: April 22, 2013, 09:47:03 pm by TRUEMicah
#69  April 22, 2013, 09:48:53 pm
    • USA
Bragging about fucking another dude's wife & insulting him for his obesity doesn't fall down my morale idea of a good message, regardless of how it was implemented into a track. I'm not saying I'm a saint, or that 2Pac wasn't up to moral standards but c'mon. The dude has rapped about his fair share of what people view as "commercial" subject matter as well.
#70  April 22, 2013, 10:00:27 pm
    • USA
It was a rap beef, I pretty personal one at that.  Nas and Jay-Z are guilty of the same crime. 
There are PLENTY of other beefs with the exact same circumstance.  Great Rappers/MC's tend to lose their shit in rap beefs.
#71  April 22, 2013, 10:07:32 pm
    • USA
I don't see how that excuses Pac. Don't get it twisted, I see no faults with beef, but what I do have faults with are people making out 2Pac to be the "modern morale standard for our youths to follow" or however that bullshit goes just because they heard "Changes".

Pac wasn't a saint, his music did have positive influences, but they weren't always present. That's all I'm saying.
#72  April 22, 2013, 10:22:06 pm
    • USA
what I do have faults with are people making out 2Pac to be the "modern morale standard for our youths to follow"
I agree with you there, Tupac was far from a role model. 
IMO, most of his works can pretty much portray a thug in the 90's wonderfully.

Not sure what kind of person would look up to him as role model but whatever floats their boat I guess. :S
#73  April 22, 2013, 10:45:04 pm
  • I'm Mr. Monstro and I live under your bed.........
    • Spain
    • gamerfreaksanaddicts@yahoo.com
    • mugenmonstro.webs.com/
Well time for me to step in Tupac was not overrated to this date he was the last rapper spreading  good messages

lol, 'K. Not saying he didn't spread a good message, but that statement is an awful stretch. Also

That's why I fucked your bitch, you fat motherfucker

2Pac wasn't always spreading a positive message.

And yeah I'm familar with GF & The Furious Five, not so much with The Memphis Jug Band.

LOL I never said always but great comeback also the memphis jug band are known as the origin of rap  the first rhymers not as dope as the Wu tang clan or modern lyrical rappers such as J. Cole, Dumbfoundead, some of ASAP Rocky etc.

Posted: April 22, 2013, 10:47:05 pm
The Duckss, no disrespect but please do not post in this thread.
Just leave.

^In Pac's defense, that was more of a "strong jab" during Pac and Biggie's rap beef. 
That intro was nowhere near as lyrical as the products he usually puts out and is a bad example.  That very line was only used catch the listener's attention.  Pac was moreso bashing Biggie the entire time of that specific track.

Tupac was not overrated to this date he was the last rapper spreading good messages
I don't think he was overrated either.
However, I think because of his popularity and his widespread influence, many people debate and contest his skills Vs the skills of other MC's and pick at the flaws they find within Tupac's works.

I disagree with him being the "last rapper spreading good messages". 
Many influential MC's/Rappers still spread "good messages" today.

Well you may be right I used that not really thinking
#74  April 22, 2013, 10:58:44 pm
    • USA
#75  April 22, 2013, 11:10:48 pm
Pac wasn't the LAST rapper sending good messages, however excluding beef and filler (Mostly his philandering, which is expected of a rapper though.) he did make it a goal to use his powers for good and create a positive message to everyone. It was his main purpose for rapping, instead of doing it for the money and fame, which is still a lot better than what some of these other rappers doing.
#76  April 27, 2013, 06:35:25 pm
    • USA
Hmmm... I agree with you mostly.
Pac cared alot about the "struggle" stating that we wouldn't struggle anymore and etc.  However, I feel that was his more conscious rap persona.
Tupac made mostly gangsta music, but he's mostly known for his "lighter music".  Most of his good guy stuff is well known because it played on the radio 24/7.  The messages in his music, IMO, are comparable to Eminem's (knows right from wrong but still does crazy shit, causes trouble, fucking unstable, etc.).

Also, Pac did rap for money, he says so in his songs.  Pac wasn't the white knight mostly everyone thinks he was is.
He is however, without a doubt, one of the greatest MC's of all time.

On another note, A friend of mine just gave me "Got Filth 2", a mixtape by G-mo skee. 
Have any of you guys heard about him and if so, what are your opinions of him?
Last Edit: April 27, 2013, 08:18:31 pm by TRUEMicah

GLB

#77  April 27, 2013, 11:50:59 pm
What exactly entails 'sending a good message'?  The fact that he's not doing it for money? Which is false, most if not all rappers do it for the money whether they say they don't or not. No disrespect he was a fantastic rapper, but he's done some frowned upon things like everyone else has, I don't see what he did that was so great everyone else could benefit from it. He's just the common 'boy who made it on the come up' dream story.

Because a plethora of rappers, Tupac included, made several songs that could be perceived as a 'bad message.'
#78  April 29, 2013, 01:54:14 am
  • Estoy siempre listo para un desafío.
    • Puerto Rico
    • im41784@yahoo.com

GLB

#79  April 29, 2013, 02:16:23 am
Lol, that's pretty good even though it's not 100% true.
#80  April 29, 2013, 08:28:37 pm
  • Angry Molesting Tree
  • Auf gehts ab gehts 3 Tage wach
    • Germany
    • cenobite53.mugengermany.com/
I really like Rap Music, but I'm really expert concerning US-Rap, since I mostly listen to German-Rap.
But still there are some classic tracks on the English language that I like.
Rap-Genre style I'm pretty interested in Horrorcore, brutal, bizarre and disturbing stuff.

I make Rapmusic too by myself with some friends, but it became a hobby where not much time is left for anymore :'[
At least we build up a (very) small fanbase, but in the end its more about the fun making the music. No goal fur sucsess or money or anything like that.

look at my sprite rips  HERE
look at my TMNT Project HERE
My Contribution to mugen: Stages: 897 | Chars: 8 | Fullgames: 1 | Spritesheets: 85