YesNoOk

Kohaku's WIP thread  (Read 485304 times)

Started by Kohaku~★, January 03, 2011, 03:10:16 am
Share this topic:
Re: Kohaku's WIP thread
#21  January 03, 2011, 05:34:46 pm
  • "OHHH YES!"
    • Canada
definitely add blod to Kyoukshi Nanaya....at least that...because frankly, it needsd it for added effect.

But are there truly grown men in this world?!
#22  January 03, 2011, 05:55:53 pm
I don't think so. I honestly think her sidestep is good enough.

Look at Rajaa's Satsuki's run animation. That's basically what Nanaya's going to be.

you mean she won't be having a forward or backward evasion move?

ok sounds cool what voice are you going to use? mbaa rips or mbac?
#23  January 04, 2011, 01:34:53 am
  • Miss Pink Maid♪
    • kohaku.trinitymugen.net
Don't want to sound bothersome but, don't forget to fix her Capriole infinite. Pretty please.  :-X

I didn't forget. So in the mean time, just remember to air recover!  >:(

definitely add blod to Kyoukshi Nanaya....at least that...because frankly, it needsd it for added effect.

Maybe, still on the fence about it like I said.

you mean she won't be having a forward or backward evasion move?

ok sounds cool what voice are you going to use? mbaa rips or mbac?

Her sidestep is her evasion move.

I'm going to mostly use the MBAC rips, though I might sneak a bit of MBAA in there.
#24  January 04, 2011, 04:43:49 am
  • "OHHH YES!"
    • Canada
Wow I typo'd words like blood and I got the complicated japanese name right : P. Anyways, there was a possible blood effect from MBAC IIRC that you could use for it if you decide to do it.

But are there truly grown men in this world?!
#25  January 04, 2011, 06:03:37 am
    • Thailand
http://www.justnopoint.com/ggslash/

If there are any blood effects you need, then they will most likely be in these sprite packs (if you're looking for the exact blood effects for a specific move). That's where I got the blood effects for Satsuki; her sprite pack even has some sprites where blood is on her hands).
#26  January 04, 2011, 03:22:18 pm
  • Miss Pink Maid♪
Nanaya's basics are nearly done so I already started on working on some of the supers.

Sensa Meigoshamon

Unlike the MBAC version, the MBAA version has a unique little feature. Pressing down at a certain time will cause a slightly different version of the attack to come out.

This is how the attack normally plays out. Time slows down as Nanaya lunges towards the opponent, delivering a huge slash attack.

However if down is pressed during the right time of the attack, the opponent will now have to block low or get hit. Right now I have it set it so that this version of the attack does more damage, though I feel that might be a tad cheap so I'm thinking whether this version should do the same damage as the normal one.

http://www.justnopoint.com/ggslash/

If there are any blood effects you need, then they will most likely be in these sprite packs (if you're looking for the exact blood effects for a specific move). That's where I got the blood effects for Satsuki; her sprite pack even has some sprites where blood is on her hands).

Thanks, I was just going to pluck the sprites out of 9's old Nanaya if I happen to decide on using the blood sprites, but this will do nicely.
#27  January 04, 2011, 03:30:49 pm
that was fast.

yup it will be cheap.
#28  January 05, 2011, 12:16:54 pm
    • Thailand
It'll be cheap. Unless you use something to indicate whether the player pressed down or not. And it has to be within human reaction time, that's the only way it won't be cheap.

I also just realized that I can't make a win-quote for my Len against your White Len. :llama:
#29  January 05, 2011, 01:00:53 pm
I've got one.

" ,,, " or  this "...?".

why not use her original winquote. does she have a winquote? she hardly even talk.
#30  January 05, 2011, 01:05:59 pm
    • Thailand
Her original winquote is "...................................." Because she DOESN'T talk.
#31  January 05, 2011, 01:07:42 pm
who cares about len she's inferior to shiro len anyway.

GOH

#32  January 05, 2011, 01:16:41 pm
  • Pure radge
    • Portugal
However if down is pressed during the right time of the attack, the opponent will now have to block low or get hit. Right now I have it set it so that this version of the attack does more damage, though I feel that might be a tad cheap so I'm thinking whether this version should do the same damage as the normal one.
I have a suggestion. Though I don't know if it's possible in Mugen.

- If you keep it that way (without warning if the player is pressing down key) than you could make it do the same damage as the other version.

- If you kept the one with more damage, you could had some sort of quick time event, in which the key would be randomly attributed, and both the player and the opponent would have to be quick in pressing/defending.

I don't know if that's possible though. Just a suggestion.
#33  January 05, 2011, 01:27:20 pm
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
If it's in slow motion for real, then having 2 different effects to differentiate normal height from low version should be enough so the opponent can react on sight, no ?

GOH

#34  January 05, 2011, 01:29:27 pm
  • Pure radge
    • Portugal
But isn't it only the slash effect that's different? Which means it would come out only after the attack succeeds.

Unless I'm missing something here.
#35  January 05, 2011, 01:38:43 pm
    • France
I'm not necessarily talking about the end slashing FX, but a pre attack FX that would give a hint about the height of the move.
#36  January 05, 2011, 02:07:47 pm
  • Miss Pink Maid♪
I already made a signal that will alert the player if Nanaya is using the low version. Just like in the source game, the afterimage trails that follow Nanaya stop appearing if he's using the low one.

Also you have to press down right as the attack starts, that prevents Nanaya from tricking the opponent that easily if the player decides to be an asshole and press down right at the last second.

I also just realized that I can't make a win-quote for my Len against your White Len. :llama:

I realized it when all she could do is spam elipses...

But that won't stop you from making some anyways!  :deal2: *shot*

GOH

#37  January 05, 2011, 03:17:14 pm
  • Pure radge
    • Portugal
#38  January 11, 2011, 02:02:29 am
  • Miss Pink Maid♪
More progress! Since the last time I gave Nanaya 1 new super and 2 specials.

Ichiriyotsuji
Just basically a glorified version of Nanaya's EX-Rekka.

Rikuto
Nanaya's Shoryuken-like attack, except with a kick.

Pressing any kick button after performing the attack will do a follow up attack.

The EX version of Rikuto generates a clone of Nanaya behind the opponent and follows suit.

Ikka
Same like Rikuto, except it travels more horizontally.

Also just like Rikuto, Ikka also has a follow up attack once any kick button is pressed.

The EX version is a combination of both Ikka and Rikuto. Nanaya does a fast kick before launching the opponent up with an upward kick.

I've also been hard at work updating my other Melty Blood characters. Other than the aforementioned fixes, I've been redoing the way the hit sparks are generated. I've now changed it to the way that PotS usually does it instead of my old cumbersome way of calling it through helper sctrls on every attack state. Not only was it very redundant, but it was very ineffective (not to mention messy) to use on attacks that hit multiple times. 
#39  January 11, 2011, 08:08:37 am
    • France
As Jmorphman said : "If you want to be a POTS copycat, then you have to use POTS' code".
#40  January 11, 2011, 06:54:07 pm
why clone? I don't know if I'll disagree with the clone thing it doesn't feel right for nanaya.