#1  November 16, 2011, 04:28:15 pm
  • Hungry Wolf
  • Aspiring Sprite Animator
    • South Africa
Re: Oneechanbara Z
#2  November 16, 2011, 04:38:24 pm
  • JoJo is boring
    • USA
That looks awesome, but I can do without the blood.
#3  November 16, 2011, 06:29:41 pm
  • Laugh it up
    • USA
I really hope this gets a US release.  :) 

Sorry shadow but a Zombie game without Blood.....LOL   :twisted:
#4  November 16, 2011, 08:32:00 pm
  • SNK is life
Wow. Crazy ass shit that looks good.
#5  November 17, 2011, 12:16:15 am
  • Bounty Hunting.....FOR PROFIT!
we need more games like this
#6  November 17, 2011, 12:22:11 am
  • The Goddess Returns
Hoping the same thing as well.....

Love the series(although only got the XBOX360 version), and I really want to see this come out.

EDIT: The sheer fact that they have alot of English work in there(I know Japan does it alot, but the trailer definitely seems geared towards English players) definitely seems to work in favor of an English(or atleast a region free) release sometime soon....
http://www.youtube.com/user/busterbladex?feature=mhum

Finally got some vids on here.
Subscribe to me please and who knows, maybe my video walkthroughs will help you one day.......
Last Edit: November 17, 2011, 12:28:49 am by Xhominid

Pal

#7  November 17, 2011, 12:24:52 am
    • Argentina
I remember watching the movie of Oneechanbara, it was decent.

The game looks like another crazy hack n' slash, could use less blood splatter on the screen though but it seems decent enough.
#8  November 17, 2011, 12:45:12 am
    • USA
the previous games had an english release so don't worry, this one will have it too. Also damn, I hope they explain why the main chars are pretty much an edit of the previous ones (Which you're now hunting), I mean Aya's clothing is quite unique and now Kagura wears the same (Only more exposing yay!).

The music in the previous game was very cool and this trailer seems to have the same music quality so I expect cool songs in this game which is always a very good plus in hack n' slash genre.

Oh yeah, game looks faaaaaaaaaaaar better than Onechanbara Bikini Zombie Slayers for the wii and the Xbox remake.
#9  November 17, 2011, 01:06:05 am
  • The Goddess Returns
the previous games had an english release so don't worry, this one will have it too. Also damn, I hope they explain why the main chars are pretty much an edit of the previous ones (Which you're now hunting), I mean Aya's clothing is quite unique and now Kagura wears the same (Only more exposing yay!).

The music in the previous game was very cool and this trailer seems to have the same music quality so I expect cool songs in this game which is always a very good plus in hack n' slash genre.

Oh yeah, game looks faaaaaaaaaaaar better than Onechanbara Bikini Zombie Slayers for the wii and the Xbox remake.

Well maybe I can shed a bit of light on your problems:
"I hope they explain why the main chars are pretty much an edit of the previous ones (Which you're now hunting), I mean Aya's clothing is quite unique and now Kagura wears the same (Only more exposing yay!)."
That's simple for the main reason why Nero looks like Dante and most new characters not being far off the old characters:
Legacy.
Mainly once you have a game with one or two people being a main character(s) for so long, having such a change will usually cause the fanbase to get....rowdy. So having them atleast keep the look(somewhat) or personality usually does help alot with people accepting the new characters.

"Oh yeah, game looks faaaaaaaaaaaar better than Onechanbara Bikini Zombie Slayers for the wii and the Xbox remake"
You must also remember that the Xbox 360 version actually came out quite awhile ago.....in Japan(2006 I believe) while it's the Wii version that was the newest version of the game, that's mainly why the 360 version looks crappy.

And I really hope you are right in that it's getting an English release...

Subscribe to me please and who knows, maybe my video walkthroughs will help you one day.......
#10  November 17, 2011, 01:12:06 am
    • USA
Oh yes, you're right, I swapped them around. Too bad the Wii version had stuff removed from the Xbox version (Geez I wonder why :P). But still... Nero and Dante are quite different clothingwise while Aya and Kagura are exactly the same except Kagura is a bit more naked :P.

Meh, at the end who cares? We all win :D.
#11  November 17, 2011, 02:16:22 am
Honestly this looks like a game that is only going to be for checking out DAT AZZ, fapping to bloody bikini women in skimpy outfits, and playing the game through once only to find it that it's going to be another average game. It will probably be one of the those games that should only be played through once. (15 minutes if you have better taste in games)

Don't get me wrong, the characters look great and all but it just seems like Final Fantasy 13 or whatever when all you're doing is absolutely nothing and running in a straight line and just attacking over and over and over and over and over and over and over.

There's really no storyline or anything, all they really showcased in that video was "gameplay." Don't get me wrong, gameplay is fine but it looks like there's no depth in the story or anything relevant.
#12  November 17, 2011, 07:16:27 am
  • Hungry Wolf
    • South Africa
Well the two mains of the series. Aya and now Kagura, do look aesthetically the same, but there are some small differences if you look close and arent distracted by DAT ASS.

Aya

Kagura

If look closely you might notice the following:
- Aya has a tattoo on her arm
- They have different hair colors and hair styles
- Aya looks to be taller
- Kagura shows more skin
- Aya has thigh high boots, Kagura has thigh high stockings
etc

its like Xhominid said:
That's simple for the main reason why Nero looks like Dante and most new characters not being far off the old characters:
Legacy.

I'm quite interested in the gameplay, since they say you can change weapons on the fly, which reminds me of DMC, so I hope combat will be fluid. I only hope that the enemies actually put up a fight this time, in the previous games the were so easy to kill, and what was worse is that you could just run past them to the end of the stage and the stage would be over.

There's really no storyline or anything, all they really showcased in that video was "gameplay." Don't get me wrong, gameplay is fine but it looks like there's no depth in the story or anything relevant.

If you watched properly you would know there is actually a story, paper thin as it may be.

Basically, Aya and Saki from the original games are being blamed for the zombie outbreak and its spreading around the world. Kagura and Saya, the half vampire sisters from Romania, are brought in to eliminate them. Why a pair of half-vampire sisters with Japanese names are from Romania I dont know, and how Aya and Saki are framed I also dunno, but I've learned with most fan-service games, story isnt really that important, since they are what they are, Fan Service.

Also, anybody else get that Lollipop Chainsaw feeling seeing Saya with a chainsaw?
#13  November 17, 2011, 09:18:05 am
  • The Goddess Returns
Honestly this looks like a game that is only going to be for checking out DAT AZZ, fapping to bloody bikini women in skimpy outfits, and playing the game through once only to find it that it's going to be another average game. It will probably be one of the those games that should only be played through once. (15 minutes if you have better taste in games)

Don't get me wrong, the characters look great and all but it just seems like Final Fantasy 13 or whatever when all you're doing is absolutely nothing and running in a straight line and just attacking over and over and over and over and over and over and over.

Well....I gotta disagree with you on all 3 fronts:
1. This is a fanservice game(just like Lolipop Chainsaw and DOA), and you can't suddenly judge it on that. There's a reason this has a following in Japan(to the point of having a movie) and a cult following in America and it isn't just the fanservice....

2. So you're hating on the game because....you judge it to be linear? DMC and even Bayonetta are linear, what reason is that?

3. There is a story, it's just as paper thin as DMC and Bayonetta's, but because it's a fanservice game....

Now I'm not one to jump on a preference, but it's like you didn't even try to find logical reasons, just based it on exactly what you saw...

#14  November 17, 2011, 06:07:15 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
I ahd hopes when he was critizising the gameplay as too simple, but then he moved to criticize the plot :(
#15  November 17, 2011, 11:58:22 pm
Well....I gotta disagree with you on all 3 fronts:
1. This is a fanservice game(just like Lolipop Chainsaw and DOA), and you can't suddenly judge it on that. There's a reason this has a following in Japan(to the point of having a movie) and a cult following in America and it isn't just the fanservice....

2. So you're hating on the game because....you judge it to be linear? DMC and even Bayonetta are linear, what reason is that?

3. There is a story, it's just as paper thin as DMC and Bayonetta's, but because it's a fanservice game....

Now I'm not one to jump on a preference, but it's like you didn't even try to find logical reasons, just based it on exactly what you saw...

1. The very fact that it is a game of fan service, clearly says enough that it isn't going to be a great game. It can be a good game, but not a great game. Why? Great games are rarely made anymore. It is similar to fan service Anime. The plot gets stale, and everything just revolves around something perverted and teasing. They might as well make it a full on hardcore hentai zombie horror raping twisted mind fuck game which would make it way more interesting. And no I wouldn't want that, but it would be more interesting. My point is these kinds of games never really go beyond anything good. Just because it has a cult following and fan demand for a movie (which the movie was retarded as well), does not clarify that it will be considered anything great.

2. I don't hate the game. It's got great concepts, designs, and creative ideas behind it. I feel like there could be something more innovating in it though. Don't get me wrong, I love to see skimpy hot females as main characters and being badass. But is that all there is to the game? Devil May Cry had an interesting story, did it not? If it wasn't interesting to you, then it was at least decent by far. Bayonetta may be linear, but they pushed a lot of creativity in it to make it feel like it was "just another hack n slash," except it felt like "just another hack n slash and a ton of cooler new shit and an interesting story." I mean seriously who thinks of a huge boot coming out of nowhere and kicking the shit out of the monsters in Bayonetta?

3. There is a story in Oneechanbara but as far as I know, the only story is there were these zombies that came impossibly out of nowhere and all of a sudden the entire world is infested with zombies and now it's her job to kill them all. That was like High School of the Dead. Where the hell did they come from? In Devil May Cry, it was at least about Dante finding more about his purpose in life, his missions, his family bloodline that dates way back, his legacy, how he changes, how closely connected he was with his brother in their childhood, how he changed throughout the series. Is there character development in Oneechanbara? Or is she just always badass and even more badass?

I don't really need to go more into much details, but seriously, look at the gameplay:

4. As if we haven't seen that cliche 'go batshit insane and thirst for blood mode' before. Ever played 'Sword of Berserk?' Not only that, but it is also cliche how she can just slash 24 enemies within a ridiculous radius just from one swing, which seriously looks like it breaks the game. That kind of stuff just makes the player feel cool about themselves like they are actually badass and doing something. I would rather prefer that we focus on lesser monsters, and more on stronger individual opponents. Doesn't it look redundant? I have not played the game so I don't know.
#16  November 18, 2011, 01:08:59 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
You pretty much debunk your pots by yourself so I dunno what  to do; I know, i will just wait until we get more info on the game.
#17  November 18, 2011, 03:28:36 am
  • The Goddess Returns

1. The very fact that it is a game of fan service, clearly says enough that it isn't going to be a great game. It can be a good game, but not a great game. Why? Great games are rarely made anymore. It is similar to fan service Anime. The plot gets stale, and everything just revolves around something perverted and teasing. They might as well make it a full on hardcore hentai zombie horror raping twisted mind fuck game which would make it way more interesting. And no I wouldn't want that, but it would be more interesting. My point is these kinds of games never really go beyond anything good. Just because it has a cult following and fan demand for a movie (which the movie was retarded as well), does not clarify that it will be considered anything great.
How do you decide whats going to be a good game or not? Compared to the other games before it, this one is far more tightly rounded than it's predecessors. I also find it ridiculous that you just stated fanservice games don't sell when you clearly forgot:
Dead or Alive series
Tomb Raider series(part platforming as well, but let's not forget the second reason it's so renown)
and a few others I can't name atm because I didn't dig that deep....

2. I don't hate the game. It's got great concepts, designs, and creative ideas behind it. I feel like there could be something more innovating in it though. Don't get me wrong, I love to see skimpy hot females as main characters and being badass. But is that all there is to the game? Devil May Cry had an interesting story, did it not? If it wasn't interesting to you, then it was at least decent by far. Bayonetta may be linear, but they pushed a lot of creativity in it to make it feel like it was "just another hack n slash," except it felt like "just another hack n slash and a ton of cooler new shit and an interesting story." I mean seriously who thinks of a huge boot coming out of nowhere and kicking the shit out of the monsters in Bayonetta?
.....What the hell sense does that make? You basically don't even know where you're going with this, from stating that this game fails because it has no story(that you didn't bother researching which then you would realize it does have one, quite a long one too, but it's thin) and yet stating that DMC and Bayonetta are intriguing just because they have a story you know?  :???:
I don't even.....

3. There is a story in Oneechanbara but as far as I know, the only story is there were these zombies that came impossibly out of nowhere and all of a sudden the entire world is infested with zombies and now it's her job to kill them all. That was like High School of the Dead. Where the hell did they come from? In Devil May Cry, it was at least about Dante finding more about his purpose in life, his missions, his family bloodline that dates way back, his legacy, how he changes, how closely connected he was with his brother in their childhood, how he changed throughout the series. Is there character development in Oneechanbara? Or is she just always badass and even more badass?
WHAT!?! Dante hasn't learned shit past DMC1, DMC3 basically made Dante take things seriously(which he should have quite awhile ago), and DMC4 basically taught him the meaning of having a successor to him.
Other than that, he learns nothing about himself and basically stated he doesn't want to. If Capcom wanted that, then we would have learned a lot more about Sparda right about now, don't ya think?
And even apply that to DMC:
What happened to the Angels? Why isn't God taking charge? How and why are the demons running ragshod in the first place?

I don't really need to go more into much details, but seriously, look at the gameplay:

4. As if we haven't seen that cliche 'go batshit insane and thirst for blood mode' before. Ever played 'Sword of Berserk?' Not only that, but it is also cliche how she can just slash 24 enemies within a ridiculous radius just from one swing, which seriously looks like it breaks the game. That kind of stuff just makes the player feel cool about themselves like they are actually badass and doing something. I would rather prefer that we focus on lesser monsters, and more on stronger individual opponents. Doesn't it look redundant? I have not played the game so I don't know.
Then how about waiting till the game comes out then?

In fact, you barely know anything about the series, then why suddenly judge it before you even see it past a trailer?

Answers in bold

#18  November 18, 2011, 04:18:30 am
Yeah I was wrong! This game is actually going to be great. Can't wait until it comes out!
#19  November 18, 2011, 06:06:55 am
  • Hungry Wolf
    • South Africa
haha, typical n00b defense answer. you realized that your arguments were going nowhere and now you're sarcastically going with the general consensus instead of sticking to your conviction. sigh....
#20  November 18, 2011, 07:15:44 am
  • The Goddess Returns
haha, typical n00b defense answer. you realized that your arguments were going nowhere and now you're sarcastically going with the general consensus instead of sticking to your conviction. sigh....

I agree heavily with this.
I'm not the greatest debater and even I stay by my word. Geez.....now I seem like a bully when I was just trying to show why your reasoning makes no sense....