YesNoOk

Opponent's vanishes when grabbed by a certain character. (Read 967 times)

Started by Good_Wall533, August 29, 2018, 10:00:55 pm
Share this topic:
Opponent's vanishes when grabbed by a certain character.
#1  August 29, 2018, 10:00:55 pm
    • Brazil
So, I recently downloaded Speedy9199's version of Noel Vermillion and she has like, three grabs as far as i know, two on foot and one on the air and everytime you use one of her ground grabs, her opponent's vanishes. I'm guessing this is code related. Does anyone have a solution?
Re: Opponent's vanishes when grabbed by a certain character.
#2  August 30, 2018, 03:39:47 am
    • crepa.neocities.org
Probably a custom state problem. Does it completely vanish? Like never come back again? Or does it only disappear for a second and then re-appear?
#3  August 30, 2018, 03:50:04 am
    • Brazil
It disappears during the grab and then it re-appears after it.
#4  August 30, 2018, 04:36:09 am
    • crepa.neocities.org
I see. Is a problem in the sff, not on the code.
Grabs works like this: you create an animation that you want your opponent to display, there are a few sprites that are required for all chars, the "hurt" sprites. The author of the char probably used sprites that are not required and as a result some chars that are missing the sprites "disappear" for a second.

To fix this, you'd need to open the char (the ones who grabs) in FF and look what animation is used (for the target) for the specific grab, and replace the missing sprites with the required ones. Is not that simple if you don't have much knowledge about MUGEN, I would suggest looking at a tutorial on how to create grabs/throws.
#5  August 30, 2018, 04:42:42 am
    • Brazil
I will. Thanks for the reply!