YesNoOk

Star Wars Thread: The Rise of running out of witty titles (Read 472136 times)

Started by Roman55, October 30, 2012, 09:02:49 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Disney acquires Lucasfilm for 4.05 billion. New Star Wars film in the works.
#41  November 13, 2012, 06:57:40 am
  • Double-Crosser
  • I'm not standing out. This isn't weird at all.
    • USA
The wording says those three actors are coming back, and a quick Google search has other results that confirm the same.

So no, this is a sequel.
Re: Disney acquires Lucasfilm for 4.05 billion. New Star Wars film in the works.
#42  November 13, 2012, 08:43:57 am
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
I have no idea which books are good or bad, but with the number of books based on the Star Wars franchise, couldn't they have taken one of them and adapt it. Or even the comics, for that matter ?

But hey, let's not judge, we don't have much elements yet. :P Maybe there's time travelling stuff involved, or resurrection through karma transfer.
#43  November 13, 2012, 10:16:35 am
  • Double-Crosser
    • USA
I just checked with Jesuszilla who's a bigger Star Wars nut than I am and he said that the story is a fake. And since I've now found out express.co.uk is a British tabloid, well...
#44  November 13, 2012, 10:18:16 am
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
#45  November 13, 2012, 10:30:35 am
  • Double-Crosser
    • USA
AUGH, this thread, first Angry Joe and now Robot Chicken. What next, is someone going to post Family Guy?!
#46  November 13, 2012, 10:40:18 am
    • USA
What, it was only expected.  Did Family Guy ever make fun of a possible Episode VII in their collection of Star Wars specials, though?  Don't recall.
#47  November 13, 2012, 02:35:53 pm
#48  November 14, 2012, 05:34:40 pm
  • SNK is life
This is BIG BOSS all over again. Like "he's too important, he can't be dead, HIS DNA IS THE KEY TO THE UNIVERSE" kind of thing.

Or could go the Uchiha Madara way of "he's so important, here comes a well connected impostor that impersonates Vader".

Either way, Luke Leia Han - OK! Darth Vader - Hell no.
#49  November 15, 2012, 06:16:35 am
  • The story begins with who's gonna win
    • USA
They could clone him. Shit, they could clone Obi Wan too and bring back Ewan McGregor.

But I'm still pretty convinced this is bullshit until I hear it from a real source.
Nevermind, there's nothing I can do
Bet your life there's something killing you
It's a shame we have to die, my dear
No one's getting out of here alive
This time
What a way to go, but have no fear
This time
It's a shame we have to disappear
This time, this time, this time
#50  November 15, 2012, 06:42:38 am
    • USA
I think the whole cloning theory went south after Force Unleashed II's little stunt.  I'd think the last thing they'd want is to bring back Vader with a completely broken mind.
#51  November 21, 2012, 04:39:51 am
  • Hick-spanic
  • the dawn away
    • Puerto Rico
http://www.deadline.com/2012/11/star-wars-lawrence-kasdan-simon-kinberg-writers-script-disney/

EXCLUSIVE: Here’s some tantalizing dish to chew on before the Thanksgiving turkey and trimmings. After hiring Michael Arndt to script the first installment of the relaunch of George Lucas’ Star Wars franchise, I’ve heard Disney has approached Lawrence Kasdan and Simon Kinberg and I believe it is to get the ball rolling on the subsequent installments mapped out by Lucas. Both of the scribes in question have franchise experience.

Kasdan scripted two of the original Star Wars films in the 1980 The Empire Strikes Back and the 1983 follow-up Return of the Jedi. He also scripted Raiders Of The Lost Ark for Lucas and Steven Spielberg. Kinberg’s franchise work: X-Men: First Class, Sherlock Holmes and the upcoming X-Men: Days Of Future Past which Bryan Singer will direct.

Disney’s $4 billion buy of George Lucas’ signature franchise certainly has stirred up passions from fans. I’m still feeling so let down by the last three films that I am not sure they can bring back the magic on the original trilogy, which was so groundbreaking for its time. But that time seems like a galaxy so far far away.

Back in the late 1970s, Star Wars set the bar for visual effects in science fiction. Doing that again is very difficult in the age of The Hobbit, The Dark Knight and Avatar. But Disney was certainly proven right when it spent the same money on Marvel, and already has made back much of that cash with The Avengers.

Disney plans to generate a film every other year starting in 2015. Getting great writers is the right way to relaunch Star Wars, and the studio got off to a good start hiring Star Wars fanatic Arndt to do the first installment. The studio has told me that they will not address speculation. Fair enough. But I’m going to go with my sources on this one and I would not be surprised if these guys sign on, or if they are already in the fold.
might as well shill: https://twitter.com/FraudKrew
the streams are here: https://www.twitch.tv/robotboombox
#52  January 25, 2013, 03:06:41 am
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
#53  January 28, 2013, 10:55:25 pm
    • USA
#54  January 28, 2013, 11:08:09 pm
  • Double-Crosser
    • USA
#55  January 28, 2013, 11:08:29 pm
  • Estoy siempre listo para un desafío.
    • Puerto Rico
    • im41784@yahoo.com
oh god i hope they dont bring back vader, he sacrificed himself at the end of ROTJ to save luke.
and hes not evil anymore so if he came back it should be as a ghost or something like obi wan and yoda did  or it would make ROTJ pointless..
#56  January 28, 2013, 11:14:59 pm
    • USA
#57  January 28, 2013, 11:24:40 pm
  • Double-Crosser
    • USA
The problem is J.J. Abrams is merely an adequate director. He is not an exceptional director. And walking out of a theater after seeing a Star Wars movie and saying, "eh, it was okay" is not a thing that should happen, which is why I hated Episode II

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#58  January 28, 2013, 11:33:22 pm
    • USA
But none of the directors who have done Star Wars movies have been exceptional! Star Wars doesn't really need an exceptional director, they just need one who isn't absolutely terrible or thinks sand is romantic.
#59  January 29, 2013, 03:14:29 am
  • The Absolute Worst
    • Canada
    • Skype - do.not.even.ask
    • randomselect.piiym.net/
You've clearly never had sex on/with a beach. Shit's erotic/romantic as fuck.
#60  January 29, 2013, 03:59:07 am
    • USA