YesNoOk

"Lines" appearing on stages (Read 3418 times)

Started by DeathScythe, June 11, 2019, 12:19:49 pm
Share this topic:
"Lines" appearing on stages
#1  June 11, 2019, 12:19:49 pm
    • crepa.neocities.org
I'm sure you probably experienced this too: In some stages, mostly when you move or when the screen shakes, some lines appear for like 1 frame, I know this is just the background appearing because the sprites are separated by 1 pixel in that exact frame, in some other cases when you have, for example, a fog sprite with trans = add and the tile is = 1, in some frames when you move, they overlap or separate causing the same 1 pixel line to appear. Is hard to get a screenshot of the issue because you never know when it will happen and is just too fast, but I'm sure you know what I'm talking about. Is there a way to prevent this? Is getting annoying. :(

edit: I got lucky and took a screenshot:
Last Edit: June 11, 2019, 12:24:00 pm by DeathScythe
Re: "Lines" appearing on stages
#2  June 14, 2019, 12:45:51 pm
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
So  no. Not without redoing a ton of stuff which will probably cause the same issue.
The way the stage is made is it's cut up into squares/rectangles and put on screen. The problem is caused by your screen. Mugen tries to post everything on screen, but the math pops out of place randomly.

You might want to try turning debug to 0 in the stage. It might help hide the line. It wont be neon pink.
vVv Ryuko718 Updated 10/31/22 vVv
#3  June 14, 2019, 04:01:23 pm
    • crepa.neocities.org
So  no. Not without redoing a ton of stuff which will probably cause the same issue.
The way the stage is made is it's cut up into squares/rectangles and put on screen. The problem is caused by your screen. Mugen tries to post everything on screen, but the math pops out of place randomly.

You might want to try turning debug to 0 in the stage. It might help hide the line. It wont be neon pink.

I did already, I know that debug = 1 shows a pink screen behind everything so you can spot holes when making the stage. In this stage specifically it is already 0 but the screen is still pink, I even opened the sff in FF3 to see what is happening, but nothing weird there. This stage is sfa-3-s_akuma by DarkSaviour. I remember another stage by him having the same problem but instead of pink, the lines were black, it was sf3 urien stage.

I'll take a look at both sff and def files to see what is going on.
Last Edit: June 14, 2019, 04:05:49 pm by DeathScythe
#4  June 14, 2019, 07:28:15 pm

when will this personal crises ends? it just won't stop!