YesNoOk

Character broke after editing sprites (Read 1028 times)

Started by Keeprocking baby!, September 15, 2018, 09:25:08 pm
Share this topic:
Character broke after editing sprites
#1  September 15, 2018, 09:25:08 pm
    • Portugal
Sorry I'm new here and I don't know if it goes here but I was trying to edit sprites of an existing character on Fighter Factory Classic. I used the pencil to modify the sprite and saved the sff file.

But then when I run MUGEN, the character is all weird and broken, below the floor and showing an upside down almost transparent sprite that looks the same as in their current animation as it shows in the link. I don't know how to fix it... https://i.imgur.com/492IjT9.png

Is there a way to fix it? Thanks.
Re: Character broke after editing sprites
#2  September 15, 2018, 10:24:35 pm
  • For the Murder!
The upside down transparent sprite is just part of the stage floor reflection, that's normal.(in your screenshot you can see that kung-fu man also has it, just bellow his feet)
While the character being bellow the floor is probably because you moved the position of the sprites while you were editing them.
Most probably you clicked and dragged the sprite instead of moving the work area and then saved the changes.

To fix it, you need to return the affected sprites to their original position in respect to the sprite axis.
Lord Noble Eye of Dezeroff; High Commander of the Reconnaissance Division, Airborne Corps; Fifth Seat in the Murder's Council; and Duke of Corvus
Last Edit: September 15, 2018, 10:31:01 pm by Duke of Corvus
Re: Character broke after editing sprites
#3  September 15, 2018, 10:26:52 pm
    • Portugal
Thank you. I'm going to try to move the sprites back and see if it works or not