YesNoOk

Does character AI change after a match? If so, how? (Read 1534 times)

Started by DrFuff, January 02, 2020, 01:52:53 pm
Share this topic:
Does character AI change after a match? If so, how?
#1  January 02, 2020, 01:52:53 pm
    • Australia
Hello, MFG  :megusta:

I am a collector who has been gathering MUGEN assets for years now, going from website to website, downloading and keeping logs.  After I have done a big chunk of gathering, I choose to dump all of the assets I've found into a very large, 1.0 game which I've kept sorted to the best of my ability.  Its so well maintained that I'm allowed to play it 30% of the time without encountering problems.

However, each time I add a "chunk" I am adding around 300-400 characters each time so I decided to make a program that would run a bunch of matches in a tournament style to give a bunch of rankings I could use to define the orders that the characters appear to make it more playable.

Anyway, as I was creating a small prototype using kung fu man and I noticed github picked up that the .ai file had changed.

I was just wondering if any changes to the AI are worth worrying about or if there was a way to keep the AI files from changing during the ranking process.  Maybe just give me a rundown on how AI helpers in MUGEN work? I've seen some pretty over the top AI and I don't want my entire roster to become a clash of the gods after I spend more of my precious time making a custom program for myself.

Thanks to anyone who can offer help. :thumbsup:
Re: Does character AI change after a match? If so, how?
#2  January 02, 2020, 06:00:53 pm
  • CPU Purple Heart
    • USA
    • https://www.pixiv.net/en/users/8108265
 Iirc, the .ai file found in KFM only works for characters using the engine's default AI and I heard it's not even that good with memorization (as in, only marginally more effective than the default AI without this file). Seeing as AI tournament communities demand something with capabilities well above a potato, the .ai file should have no impact at all for your purposes.
#3  January 03, 2020, 03:33:18 am
  • Legendary XIII
  • I am the eye of the storm to come!
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/cyanide/
The .ai file is managed when you have ai = file.ai in the def. It looks like it was created as a sort of learning thing however people did run some tests of kfm vs himself with and wiithout the file and over 100 matches it was only just ovef 50% win ratio. Which is effectively margin of error. Similar results with other ai-less characters. May as well not use it.

In M.U.G.E.N there is no magic button

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance.
#4  January 03, 2020, 07:12:03 am
    • Australia
Thanks guys,
pretty hard to find much information anywhere.   :mthumbs:
#5  January 08, 2020, 07:03:17 am
the AI file learns nothing. ignore it.