YesNoOk

Fuck the MUGEN Archive. Start archiving shit for yourselves. (Read 21924 times)

Started by Zero Space, October 26, 2019, 11:31:48 pm
Share this topic:
Fuck the MUGEN Archive. Start archiving shit for yourselves.
#1  October 26, 2019, 11:31:48 pm
    • USA
    • MichaelBird1994@gmail.com
No, seriously, fuck their "what's that? You aren't high enough on our dominance hierarchy? Well you can't download jack and shit. But please, upload and make posts that are "constructive.""

Why can't I just download something in a real quick burst when I am looking for it? Why do I have to "contribute" just to download one patch for Warusaki3 and H"'s characters?

This situation has given me pause and made me consider that, going forward, I'm going to personally archive everything that I already got, and that's a huge list. There should be a less centralized hub for MUGEN characters, stages, portraits, screenpacks, etc.. About the only place I trust is here and maybe MUGEN Free For All, but with more Geocities sites and personal websites closing down and everything over the years, the best archivers, at this point, is the community until a better hub for distribution opens up that can be actively maintained. Unfortunately though, MUGEN just isn't as popular as it used to be, and it's a damn shame, because this is an engine where literally anything can happen and you can pit anyone against anyone as opposed to the tightly controlled and honestly character-wasting "guests" that plague every fighting game now because of the trend started with MK9 including Freddy Krueger as DLC. Yeah, SC2 did it first with Heihachi, Link, and Spawn, but that was before the age of paid DLC and the like.
Re: Fuck the MUGEN Archive. Start archiving shit for yourselves.
#2  October 26, 2019, 11:38:21 pm
  • 90's Kawaii
  • :thinking:
    • Guatemala
#3  October 26, 2019, 11:38:41 pm
  • CPU Purple Heart
    • USA
    • https://www.pixiv.net/en/users/8108265
 Good, people can stop downloading outdated versions of my stuff and actually download them from the up-to-date links that I provide instead, as should be.
#4  October 26, 2019, 11:57:34 pm
    • USA
    • MichaelBird1994@gmail.com
#5  October 27, 2019, 12:03:03 am
  • Resident Tosspot
  • Pftheh
    • UK
    • plasmoidthunder.neocities.org
Just throwing it out there that a lot of the stuff MA hosts is available in its original download location. I know people like being lazy, but they're not the only place to get stuff, plus they don't actively update things so what they host tends to be outdated.

Whatever is hosted there exclusively is almost always junk, so don't fret over that.

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Oh, I want a diagram. I fucking love diagrams.
#6  October 27, 2019, 12:20:53 am
  • Oh look, I changed this thing.
    • USA
    • mega491@yahoo.com
Dude, I learned a long time ago to not trust Mugen Archive. There are a few sites that does archiving much better (Free for All and Fighters Guild as a start), and they are last resorts because a lot of creators have their own sites where they update their own stuff. So yeah, just calm down because everybody knows about MA, and you can help by going to these creator sites and keep up with the archive.
#7  October 27, 2019, 01:08:01 am
    • Puerto Rico
    • www.youtube.com/user/Darkflares
Haha, the heathens once again come out to spread blasphemous lies. They wish to exploit the generosity of our Archive lords and never repay them. Why, this event is merely a reward from our lords for the loyal followers of Mugen Archive. Once our lords decide to withhold their generosity, the heathens shed their masks and show us their true colors. Ah, but I pity these heathens, for they simply needed to swear their allegiance to our Archive lords so they may continue to benefit from their blessings. It is but a small price to pay. But even so, our Archive lords remain generous, as they're simply withholding their generosity temporarily so they may better bless their loyal subjects. Our Archive lords are merciful to the Lurkers and will soon spread their generosity once again. Only those that would dare oppose Archive and attempt to bring it down suffer the wrath of our Archive lords. These heathens continue to spread lies for they're unwilling to accept the generosity and blessings our Archive lords give to their people.

Bless Mugen Archive.

/joke
#8  October 27, 2019, 01:19:25 am
    • USA
    • mega491@yahoo.com
Darkflare, you never disappoint with the banter!
#9  October 27, 2019, 05:24:29 am
  • the Suicidal Bastard
  • "I want to see and understand the world outside."
    • Philippines
well.. i hate mugen archive too.
#10  October 27, 2019, 05:37:43 am
    • crepa.neocities.org
#11  October 27, 2019, 05:43:05 am
  • the Suicidal Bastard
    • Philippines
#12  October 27, 2019, 05:53:25 am
  • Notorious Procrastinator
  • Proudly banned from /r/mugen
    • USA
Been out of the loop, I assume it's a warehouse site with a CMS?
#13  October 27, 2019, 05:56:19 am
  • the Suicidal Bastard
    • Philippines
#14  October 27, 2019, 05:57:48 am
    • tehwii@gmail.com
its the largest repository of mugen content on the net (hence their 1000s of dollars hosting fees that they try and squeeze out of members through granting privileges for donations, as well as early ad ref links and such), notorious for a toxic community and owners
#15  October 27, 2019, 06:04:55 am
  • Know your place Imbecile
    • Philippines
for some reason i think MA is a mugen communism
#16  October 27, 2019, 06:10:17 am
    • tehwii@gmail.com
MA is for better or worse a useful resource because of how much sheer content is backed up by it, until people can match its library its pretty the only place to get a lot of offline stuff.

What I do is just back up offline content I can only find on MA so that people who don't want to use it or are banned can access it.
#17  October 27, 2019, 07:26:49 am
  • EL FUCKO GRANDE
  • I'm back, nerds
    • Canada
I was fine with 'em until they reupped one of non-Capcom stages from an MVC compilation and shoved it in their Capcom section lol
And now they froze downloads for people who don't actively post in the forums due to traffic. Must be desperate times. Fuck 'em.
#18  October 27, 2019, 03:25:29 pm
    • USA

I Hate that they force you to log in to get big files.
#19  October 30, 2019, 11:55:08 am
  • The Lord of Vampire
  • Member of the Reign of Kreation
    • Brazil
    • guiaugusto20@hotmail.com
    • Skype - guiaugusto20
Bless Mugen Archive.

/joke

lol

for some reason i think MA is a mugen communism

Pretty much that.

Well, i was in Mugen Crapchive a time ago but when i see all that shit they did, specially in that time they used adfly in the links, i decided to blast off all the shit that happend. Guess what? I was banned for "ganking". :P
Not only me but a lot of other creators and editors was banned, many of them for the same reason.

GOH

#20  October 30, 2019, 06:29:06 pm
  • Pure radge
    • Portugal
Good thing no one has my Mugen characters and you never will!

NEVER I SAY
#21  October 31, 2019, 03:11:52 pm
    • UK
its the largest repository of mugen content on the net (hence their 1000s of dollars hosting fees that they try and squeeze out of members through granting privileges for donations, as well as early ad ref links and such), notorious for a toxic community and owners

Hello Good Sir,

I'm the Paladin of Reddit, and I am at your service.

I happen to have a strong interest in this kind of events because usually they aren't one sided. So please let's do some fact checking together.

You and your good friends have claimed numerous times that Mugen Archive is a for-profit website [1], while their privacy policy states otherwise and I've found at least one third party source confirming the later. But that's besides the point because it's innocent until proven guilty, not the other way around. Since you're the one claiming they're guilty, I kindly ask you to provide your sources, and if you couldn't provide your sources then you would be the guilty ones. This way we could end this debate once and for all. Binary simplicity is so rare nowadays, so we should always seize such a great opportunity to close a case.

Either :
1. You can provide the sources that prove they're guilty.
2. You can't provide any source and you're guilty of defamation, cyber bullying and harassment.

And the same applies to your claims regarding the Mugen Archive being a "malware site". [2]

I'm humbly and kindly asking you to provide your sources, Good Sir, since you're the ones claiming they're guilty.

/////
EDIT
/////

I've archived this page so should you delete my post or start a diversion to evade my request, I would make the backup public in my reddit to expose you're plain liars who try to cover up their crimes. And it could even be used as evidence in a court case, who knows?

Proof  https://archive.is/EDhpx
Last Edit: October 31, 2019, 03:17:12 pm by Sword of the Paladin
#22  October 31, 2019, 03:19:20 pm
  • The story begins with who's gonna win
    • USA
I cast smite
Nevermind, there's nothing I can do
Bet your life there's something killing you
It's a shame we have to die, my dear
No one's getting out of here alive
This time
What a way to go, but have no fear
This time
It's a shame we have to disappear
This time, this time, this time
#23  October 31, 2019, 03:25:12 pm
  • Sad, strange little man
  • "My God, jelly donuts are so scary."
    • USA

Hello Good Sir,

I happen to have a strong interest in this kind of events because usually they aren't one sided. So please let's do some fact checking together.

You and your good friends have claimed numerous times that Mugen Archive is a for-profit website [1], while their privacy policy states otherwise and I've found at least one third party source confirming the later. But that's besides the point because it's innocent until proven guilty, not the other way around. Since you're the one claiming they're guilty, I kindly ask you to provide your sources, and if you couldn't provide your sources then you would be the guilty ones. This way we could end this debate once and for all. Binary simplicity is so rare nowadays, so we should always seize such a great opportunity to close a case.

Either :
1. You can provide the sources that prove they're guilty.
2. You can't provide any source and you're guilty of defamation, cyber bullying and harassment.

And the same applies to your claims regarding the Mugen Archive being a "malware site". [2]

I'm humbly and kindly asking you to provide your sources, Good Sir, since you're the ones claiming they're guilty.

/////
EDIT
/////

I've archived this page so should you delete my post or start a diversion to evade my request, I would make the backup public in my reddit to expose you're plain liars who try to cover up their crimes. And it could even be used as evidence in a court case, who knows?

Proof  https://archive.is/EDhpx
HAHAHQAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHahahahahahHASHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
SOFUNNY
Girls are now typing. Please wait warmly and have some tea until the signature is ready.

Go check out Team Sonic Fighters!
https://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/team-sonic-fighters-188020.0.html
#24  October 31, 2019, 03:38:57 pm
  • Resident Tosspot
  • Pftheh
    • UK
Yo, Sword, I'd love it if you could get MA to prove I'm spamming their site with alts or that I'm trying to tear the MUGEN community apart. They've been dragging my name through the mud for a good year or so now without any evidence to back up their claims.

Not that you would because that'd be inconvenient I suppose.

#25  October 31, 2019, 04:16:49 pm
    • USA
Speaking of MA, why don't you want to attack it? Are you afraid of them DDoS-ing us or something?

Just wondering.
Girls are now typing. Please wait warmly and have some tea until the signature is ready.

#26  October 31, 2019, 04:27:48 pm
  • Thanks and God bless
    • USA
    • ricepigeon.neocities.org
#27  October 31, 2019, 04:30:03 pm
  • 하나뿐인 한국인 대표
  • Ambassador of MugenRevival
    • South Korea
    • sites.google.com/view/kolossoni-mugen
MUGEN Archives is more of a vault/bank of creations.
They like people who add more to their piggy bank.
Of course, you would need to earn privilege if you want to take things from their bank.

MFG is more of a community space for intellectual discussions and helps.
It's more like a school.
This place is where people learn about MUGEN and talk about its creations/benefits that would further extend the life of it.

Two completely different sites, but personally, I prefer here than over there.

GOH

#28  October 31, 2019, 04:51:49 pm
  • Pure radge
    • Portugal
Oh shit xxxEdgeLordxxx has entered the chat!
#29  October 31, 2019, 05:14:43 pm
What I do is just back up offline content I can only find on MA so that people who don't want to use it or are banned can access it.
jason bourne is gonna frame this post in his bedroom and tell whomever he brings there:
"you see! even the mfg mods download from our site!"
I'm going to let god handle you people ✞
#30  October 31, 2019, 05:21:32 pm
    • crepa.neocities.org
Why do we need proofs when the obvious has been experienced by everyone at this point? lol
New #31  October 31, 2019, 05:37:14 pm
    • Vietnam
A reminder: If you google "MUGEN Archive Shrinkearn" it leads to 2 Shrinkearn links with a huge MUGEN Archive text above it. Accompanied with a post from a poor victim who got permabanned for asking why he was redirected to Shrinkearn links.

Last Edit: November 28, 2019, 02:36:00 pm by Banksy Boomboom
#32  October 31, 2019, 08:34:33 pm
  • The Lord of Vampire
    • Brazil
    • Skype - guiaugusto20
So many people, like me, got permabanned for the most stupid reasons on that crap of a site. :P
Me, for "ganking". Giang, for "bashing". Speaking of Giang, when i checked even further, i saw this.

lol

I think that this is one of too many proofs to show how shit and disgusting Mugen Crapchive is.
#33  October 31, 2019, 09:20:52 pm
    • USA

#34  October 31, 2019, 09:29:11 pm
    • USA
    • mega491@yahoo.com
#35  October 31, 2019, 09:31:30 pm
    • USA
    • twitter.com/inktrebuchet
The reddit is pretty frustrating. You can’t link code or anything else from another mugen forum or it will cause “drama” and you’ll be banned..

Unfortunately, the MA doesn’t have a great code section so every one is out of luck I guess.

Also the subreddit is r/mugen so you would think all mugen community’s would be welcome.
#36  October 31, 2019, 09:53:58 pm
  • Still lurks regularly, but posts once a blue moon
    • Canada
r/mugen is practically endorsed by MA, if not outright run by them.
#37  October 31, 2019, 09:59:25 pm
    • USA
Speaking of MA, why don't you want to attack it? Are you afraid of them DDoS-ing us or something?

Just wondering.

Do we seriously need to answer that question?

Is it really that unimportant?

Dude, you never stoop down to someone level, they have proven time and time again that they will never take the high road and take criticism.

But what about my original question?

#38  October 31, 2019, 10:03:33 pm
    • Puerto Rico
Your question is dumb. Now drop it.
#39  October 31, 2019, 10:07:02 pm
    • USA
    • twitter.com/inktrebuchet
You don't attack sites because it's wrong and illegal. We didn't think we had to tell you that..
#40  October 31, 2019, 10:32:16 pm
    • crepa.neocities.org
#41  October 31, 2019, 10:43:03 pm
I'm going to let god handle you people ✞
#42  October 31, 2019, 10:43:14 pm
  • Formerly known as HyperClawManiac
  • Competitive MUGEN when?
    • UK
    • sites.google.com/view/ragingrowen/home
WIP Schedule:
The next Street Fighter All-Stars update
#43  October 31, 2019, 11:35:18 pm
  • I am hilarious
  • and you will quote everything I say
    • USA
DDoSing sites and/or especially goading someone into doing it is bad, let's not please?

lui

#44  October 31, 2019, 11:48:25 pm
    • USA
Remember fellas:

Everytime someone uses an alt to post stuff like this, just remember that Dizzy was desperate enough to get blacklisted by Wikipedia staff for pulling this sorta stuff.

So just point and laugh and enjoy the ridicule.
#45  November 01, 2019, 12:35:30 am
  • Still lurks regularly, but posts once a blue moon
    • Canada
LOL That actually happened?  That's hilarious

But yes @GeorgeMP:, they say two wrongs don't make a right.  That would only add fuel to the fire that MA wants.
#46  November 01, 2019, 06:26:27 am
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
Hello Good Sir,

Ah, hello friend! Thank you for being so kind. The last time we had an MA guy on here I got called a we are dumb fucks spamming this site for ten years, which—as a gay man—is kind of a touchy subject for me. I thank you again for your very calm and respectful demeanor in this post, and I hope we can continue to have a more peaceful dialogue the next time you decide to register a new account here in order to complain about the latest mean thing MFG is doing to poor old MA. And sadly, I did have to add that preface about registering a new sockpuppet account, as our mod team here has of course immediately banned the very account I'm talking to!

Now, as to the rest of your post, I must confess I'm confused as to why you're bringing this subject up out of the blue: the topic of this conversation has very little to do with MA's blacklisted status on this fine website we're communicating on, nor the reasons behind said blacklisted status vis-a-vis malware. One would think your post would address some of the concerns being spoken of here, or relate to them in even a small way. I was sad to see this was not the case.

This topic was about a user who recently got banned from MA expressing frustration with their perception of the bad as unfair and arbitrary, with several other users sharing similar experiences. Now, as I've never had an account on MA, I can't really speak on this subject, as I have no idea how fair the bans are done there; I will of course give them the greatest benefit of a doubt and assume they have an extremely fair and clear policy on banning users, a policy that is as well thought out and non-biased as the rest of MA's actions and decision-making.

As I read over your post again, I can't help but feel as if this was another in a long line of tired, pre-written statements filled with falsehoods that seem to immediately pop up every time someone makes even a brief mention of MA on this wonderful forum called MFG, regardless of any and all context behind that mention. But I of course must dissuade myself of that notion, for it is simply too silly to be taken seriously, and this post is so nicely written. And so professional. It uses so many big, scary, legal-sounding words too, the kind that make my puny little brain quiver in fear. So perhaps I'm misunderstanding some very key facts involved in all this.

You've linked two different topics and archived them, while very subtly hinting that they were in danger of being deleted or otherwise edited by the mod team here in order to cover up some sort of unspecific crime having to do with "defamation" and "cyber bullying". I must confess that I am no lawyer, so I can only assume I'm missing the great wisdom being expressed in this sagacious post; my (no doubt mis)understanding of things is that not allowing links to one site in particular is the equivalent to a deep cyber-harassment campaign with the intent to defame. This is truly a puzzling statement, I must confess. Even more puzzling to me is the idea that posts that have been up for almost 4 years are in grave danger of being deleted in order to "cover up [our] crimes". Perhaps, as a sign of good faith, I can link one of them again for you, to show they are in no danger of being edited or removed.

http://mugenguild.com/forum/msg.2256171

This links a message by Iced, the first in a series of several posts that provide numerous evidence and sources as to the dangers of adfly and the malware that can result from visiting adfly links. It also features the creator of a widely popular series of MUGEN characters and a fullgame politely asking you to please remove his works from your site, because he feels uncomfortable with you profiting off his fanworks—especially in a way that exposes people interested in the characters/game to malware. This request was sadly ignored, and continues to be ignored. Worse, it was eventually made into a subject of ridicule, as you rehosted a video made for the fullgame project and added a bunch of vile insults to it relating to those requests to have the creations he helped make be removed.

Unfortunately, unlike you fine folks, nobody thought ahead to archive the original, so all that's available is a version that's been edited. But perhaps this is even better than the original? It still has the original message, while also adding an edit that explains that "Actually, this is just satire broh! You can tell by the long explanation that follows, which is 20 times longer than the original message! Because it's so clear and obvious that it was a joke!" And even that long-ass explanation can't help but throw out insult after insult after insult. It really is quite pathetic... I mean genius! And smart, and funny. Because we're still being nice here, right?

Yes, we're all having fun and being very nice sweeties right now. Wouldn't want to get slapped with a very real lawsuit that is very much really gonna happen!

Just wondering.
Don't try and lead harassment or DDoS campaigns against websites you don't like. Full stop. If you continue to try and goad people into starting one, you will find yourself banned, just like that latest MA sockpuppet.

Tread lightly. We shouldn't have to be saying this.
#47  November 01, 2019, 07:29:37 am
    • Puerto Rico
I was wondering why I kept hearing Fire trucks and not seeing any fire around. Clearly the fire came from Jman's post.
#48  November 01, 2019, 04:32:38 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
As someone else pointted out, mugen guild is not the site hosting grey are files, so the pure tought of bringing lawyers into this is hilarious. It is like that old case of a guy getting accusing of burglary and then he answers "your honor, I am not a burglar, that's ridiculous, I make a lot of money selling drugs so why would I be a burglar?"
#49  November 02, 2019, 06:15:29 am
  • The Best of Both Worlds
  • SuperStar
Hello.
I dunno about it.

#50  November 02, 2019, 06:45:35 am
    • USA
    • morbidjoe666@yahoo.com
    • Skype - Kik : morbidjoe
Wth I come back a few months later and theres still messes involving mugen archive again
I need more PSN friends
#51  November 04, 2019, 07:38:16 pm
  • Take better care of the plants around u or become
  • the fertilizer that feeds them.The choice is yours
    • Chile
    • network.mugenguild.com/basara/
I admit I go to MA from time to time to look up for offline stuff (especially from 2000s) and to see if there're some chars of mine (just to see how many +1 got them XD) and if there're edits of them or AI and stuff like that, so blame me :P hell, even I got an account there because downloading stuff as guest is pure shit and you've to eat a lot of adfly clones to get the stuff (at least you can direct download their stuff with an account). Basically I do this because I got a MUGEN case of Diogenes syndrome and I like to collect stuff even if it's pure garbage  :yaoming:

Also, thanks DarkFlare and JM, as always making classes with your posts in threads like this, never change guys  :truestory:

Rest in peace, Toriyama-san...
Normal WIPS - ClayFighter - Ideas - Anti-Gouki Project - Lifebars - Facebook - X
#52  November 04, 2019, 09:38:08 pm
  • It's the end for villians
    • Mexico
    • www.instagram.com/Motivational_Saiyan/?hl=en
I don't understand any of these complaints...

I've been using Mugen Archive for yeaaaaaars, and I think i've only posted on their forum like twice in my life, I have never EVER seen any issues there... I like it cause it's so quiet, easy search, you download, and go.  People there are pretty nice, they say thank you when you upload...   It's probably the quietest mugen site. which is why i kinda like it. 
Buy DBZ / Street Fighter shirts here. Compra camisetas de DBZ y King of Fighters aqui. www.instagram.com/Motivational_Saiyan/?hl=en
#53  November 04, 2019, 09:45:29 pm
    • Puerto Rico
Wait until Dizzy finds out you have an account here.

Also, if your account is still on Lurker, you won't be able to DL anything once "Community Weekend" is active.
#54  November 04, 2019, 10:37:10 pm
  • Formerly JordanoDaMano (JDM)
    • Canada
I'll admit too, as much as it annoys me that someone always has to reupload something I worked on to MA, I do like seeing positive reception from people there. I know not everyone on that site is a bad person, but the ones who are unfortunately seem to have the bulk of the control.

What I really don't like though is people who make half-assed edits before posting my stuff there. Someone took the Mirage Saloon stage Scepter and I did and removed all the cameo characters while leaving their shadows in place, simply took the MSPaint spray can to the wanted posters, and acted like the stage was better for it.
#55  November 04, 2019, 11:06:10 pm
  • Some guy with nothing better to do in his life
  • Nothing should exist in MIDI
    • USA

I'll be honest, I only came to Mugen Archive just to rehost 'em on Mediafire, not sure if anyone else has done this but ya know...

Don't think...obey
#56  November 04, 2019, 11:16:01 pm
  • The Lord of Vampire
    • Brazil
    • Skype - guiaugusto20
I'll be honest, I only came to Mugen Archive just to rehost 'em on Mediafire.

Pretty much what i did, specially for the collections in MFFA.

I've been using Mugen Archive for yeaaaaaars, and I think i've only posted on their forum like twice in my life, I have never EVER seen any issues there... I like it cause it's so quiet, easy search, you download, and go.  People there are pretty nice, they say thank you when you upload...   It's probably the quietest mugen site. which is why i kinda like it. 

What DF said and also Pizza, they won't go after you because you won't talk about some shit they still did. Cause just when i share my criticism about MA, guess what? :P
#57  November 05, 2019, 12:06:42 am
  • It's the end for villians
    • Mexico
    • www.instagram.com/Motivational_Saiyan/?hl=en
I'll be honest, I only came to Mugen Archive just to rehost 'em on Mediafire.

Pretty much what i did, specially for the collections in MFFA.

What DF said and also Pizza, they won't go after you because you won't talk about some shit they still did. Cause just when i share my criticism about MA, guess what? :P

Yea I guess you right on that, cause I always just try to be cool with everyone I never talk shit or pick sides unless need to ya know.. But I just find it so weird that I am on every forum every site, and usually hear stuff about BLACKLISTED WEBSITE when I'm on there every other day, but it's so quiet over there lol.  like never any drama over there...  I dunno maybe cause I'm only dramatic about big ass shit going on in the world and in my country... that's the stuff that really pisses me off.   I just hope everything gets settled and everyone works it out cause Mugen is awesome and everyone that plays, downloads, and contributes to mugen is awesome, we gotta stick together, theres not a lot of us..  Hopefullly there can be some sort of aggrement.

Buy DBZ / Street Fighter shirts here. Compra camisetas de DBZ y King of Fighters aqui. www.instagram.com/Motivational_Saiyan/?hl=en
#58  November 05, 2019, 12:11:10 am
    • crepa.neocities.org
I'm guessing it's because no one is allowed to even mention something about it there, then you won't see it so easily, while here everyone talks about it freely. Just a guess.
#59  November 05, 2019, 01:00:04 am
    • Puerto Rico
Yea I guess you right on that, cause I always just try to be cool with everyone I never talk shit or pick sides unless need to ya know.. But I just find it so weird that I am on every forum every site, and usually hear stuff about BLACKLISTED WEBSITE when I'm on there every other day, but it's so quiet over there lol.  like never any drama over there...  I dunno maybe cause I'm only dramatic about big ass shit going on in the world and in my country... that's the stuff that really pisses me off.   I just hope everything gets settled and everyone works it out cause Mugen is awesome and everyone that plays, downloads, and contributes to mugen is awesome, we gotta stick together, theres not a lot of us..  Hopefullly there can be some sort of aggrement.

That's because the moment someone talks about something they perceive as "drama" they instantly get banned and labeled as a toxic member looking to defame MA. It's quite over there because...well...they don't have a real community. Nearly everyone registers there just to DL stuff, not to interact with the community. I mean, the community weekends are there to promote more interaction among the community(THEIR words, not mine), but how many actually participate in the community that don't involve "Why can't I DL?" or "When will Community weekend end?"
#60  November 05, 2019, 05:40:40 am
  • Take better care of the plants around u or become
  • the fertilizer that feeds them.The choice is yours
    • Chile
    • network.mugenguild.com/basara/
Nearly everyone registers there just to DL stuff, not to interact with the community.
This. I just made an account there to DL stuff (and to see the +1 in my creations hosted there, of course ;D), and I didn't post a single thing there, not even a "Hi everyone, I'm new to the community" stuff. Maybe the higher positions on the forum could be toxic, but I can't deny the help to preserve MUGEN stuff lost in time and space there, in a time having a warehouse isn't a reason to be banned from internet as in the past

Rest in peace, Toriyama-san...
Normal WIPS - ClayFighter - Ideas - Anti-Gouki Project - Lifebars - Facebook - X
#61  November 10, 2019, 03:16:24 am
  • Every day is night
    • Brazil
    • linktr.ee/Magma_MKII
More people should learn to use Web Archive.
#62  November 10, 2019, 10:45:57 am
  • Resident Tosspot
  • Pftheh
    • UK
Which would be fine if the creations are self-hosted (and even then, there's a likely chance they haven't been crawled), but best of luck Waybacking a SendSpace or MediaFire link.

#63  November 10, 2019, 11:16:06 am
    • crepa.neocities.org
I was thinking about this the other day. MA has goods and bads. Goods are they keep files whenever you can't find it by any other means, bads are warehousing creations and the infamous toxic community and bans for apparently no reason. What should they do to become a good place? IMO, instead of archiving like they do, if they were more of a database (linking to the author's site) and at the same time keeping a copy of the file as a backup in case the site goes offline, so users can report the file/site as offline and the backup link becomes available (after a check by the admins). I'm considering only the archiving part of the site and not the community/forums. Tbh, MA is a useful place also to search for stuff, since they have their own images/screenshots that never goes offline, I can't count how many times I wanted to see a screenshot of something and the image host deleted the image or shut down entirely (for example tinypic now, photobucket with the blurry images and mostly imageshack not even appearing).
#64  November 10, 2019, 12:37:52 pm
  • the Suicidal Bastard
    • Philippines
ya know... i once hated Mugen Archive because of their file size limit, but i think that the reason why they did this is because they don't want to think that the internet is a place for robots, so they decided to give us all a chance to prove to them that we're all real living things. so yeah, i just wanted to shut this thread down because, i don't want anything which is complete drama.
#65  November 10, 2019, 04:56:27 pm
  • Every day is night
    • Brazil
    • linktr.ee/Magma_MKII
Which would be fine if the creations are self-hosted (and even then, there's a likely chance they haven't been crawled), but best of luck Waybacking a SendSpace or MediaFire link.

I do wonder if it would be possible to upload mugen chars and stages to archive.org and make a repository there. It would certainly beat using untrustful warehouse sites.
#66  November 10, 2019, 05:13:25 pm
    • Puerto Rico
ya know... i once hated Mugen Archive because of their file size limit, but i think that the reason why they did this is because they don't want to think that the internet is a place for robots, so they decided to give us all a chance to prove to them that we're all real living things. so yeah, i just wanted to shut this thread down because, i don't want anything which is complete drama.
This thread is for adults, kiddo. You shouldn't be involved in things you don't understand.
#67  November 10, 2019, 05:47:37 pm
  • I am hilarious
  • and you will quote everything I say
    • USA

I do wonder if it would be possible to upload mugen chars and stages to archive.org and make a repository there. It would certainly beat using untrustful warehouse sites.

You probably could, but I don't know how viable it actually is, considering it's a goldmine if you're running VMs for example, however updating things is where the issue might come into play.
#68  November 10, 2019, 06:52:53 pm
  • "Some People Are Born To Be Extraordinary"
    • Italy
    • fab.marchetti86@gmail.com
I hate MA. They hosted my Saint Seiya chars and others from the forum where I published them. I asked them gently via pm to use our download links, also 'cause the versione they hosted were outdated. They threated me like a lamentous child and sweared to ban me for that pm. They're childish and urrespectful.
#69  November 11, 2019, 09:19:11 pm
    • USA

#70  November 11, 2019, 10:23:25 pm
  • The Lord of Vampire
    • Brazil
    • Skype - guiaugusto20
I hate MA. They hosted my Saint Seiya chars and others from the forum where I published them. I asked them gently via pm to use our download links, also 'cause the versione they hosted were outdated. They threated me like a lamentous child and sweared to ban me for that pm. They're childish and urrespectful.

They still did this shit nowadays.
#71  November 13, 2019, 05:13:22 am
  • Emotionally and Mentally Exhausted
  • Heheh, so that's the deal!
    • USA
    • nigelbkny@gmail.com
    • Skype - nega_ridley75
They're still on that bull eh?

Good grief, I know not everyone in Archive is bad but I know certain people are ruining it for everybody. I mean, I got banned for nothing but criticizing their "community weekend" event.