YesNoOk

Sabockee's Sprites 'n Such (Read 328940 times)

Started by sabockee, February 22, 2014, 01:43:03 am
Sabockee's Sprites 'n Such
#1  February 22, 2014, 01:43:03 am
  • busy, busy....
    • Poland
Ok I've decided to make my own sprite thread.

I'm at the very beginning of the spriters path and I still have much to learn, so please feel free to comment and leave some feedback :)

Here are sprites I've made recently:

[ Papa Emeritus, Abbath, Horgh, JackX, King, King Cobra (with few fixes by Benhazard),
Ganryu, Mech Zangief, Nowi, Jinpachi ]

And here is my latest child.
I wasn't satisfied with my previous Jinpachi so I've made him once again :

Enjoy!

Last Edit: February 23, 2014, 12:26:59 am by sabockee
Re: Sabockee's Sprites 'n Such
#2  February 22, 2014, 01:50:08 am
  • Staying Alive
    • Panama
OMG, that new Jinpachi looks so gorgeous :D really impressive stuff :shocked2:
Chilling
#3  February 22, 2014, 01:55:00 am
    • USA
oh my friggn god that Jinpachi is epic, but moving his head a few pixels back would be a little better because now he kinda looks like hes looking down.
Thus Buddha Sakyamuni was born a prince, but voluntarily took to the mendicant's staff; and Francis of Assisi, the founder of the mendicant orders who, as a youngster at a ball, where the daughters of all the notabilities were sitting together, was asked:
"Now Francis, will you not soon make your choice from these beauties?"
 and who replied: "I have made a far more beautiful choice!"
 "Whom?"
 "La povertà (poverty)":
 whereupon he abandoned every thing shortly afterwards and wandered through the land as a mendicant.
#4  February 22, 2014, 01:59:27 am
    • Zimbabwe
    • hephaistos1.wix.com/mugen-palace
I admit that your last sprite is a BEAST.
#5  February 22, 2014, 02:02:08 am
    • USA
    • twitter.com/inktrebuchet
About time you made your own thread!

The new Jinpachi sprite looks awesome.
#6  February 22, 2014, 02:04:23 am
    • France
    • Skype - elevesimon
(Don't ask him to do a whole Jinpachi sheet, Don't ask him to do a whole Jinpachi sheet, Don't ask him to do a whole Jinpachi sheet, Don't ask him to do a whole Jinpachi sheet, Don't ask him to do a whole Jinpachi sheet, Don't ask him to do a whole Jinpachi sheet, Don't ask him to do a whole Jinpachi sheet, Don't ask him to do a whole Jinpachi sheet, Don't ask him to do a whole Jinpachi sheet.)

Could you make a whole Jinpachi sheet?

"During a time of struggle, K-ON's beautiful story provided the influence needed for me to become an ideal president. I am now a better man."
— Barack Obama, 44th president of the United States
#7  February 22, 2014, 02:04:53 am
  • The Sweeper
  • Surpass my Aniki
    • Algeria
-STREET FIGHTER VI WAITING ROOM-
-DRAGON QUEST XII WAITING ROOM-
#8  February 22, 2014, 02:22:47 am
  • busy, busy....
    • Poland
Thanks Guys for comments!

- Aldo:
OMG, that new Jinpachi looks so gorgeous :D really impressive stuff :shocked2:

Thanks Aldo! I hope you will visit my thread more often. Your opinion is always welcome!

- Electrifyin:
oh my friggn god that Jinpachi is epic, but moving his head a few pixels back would be a little better because now he kinda looks like hes looking down.

Naaah! I think it looks good! He looks like a ferocious cat ready to jump onto opponent :) I like it as it is.

- Hephaistos :
Thank you, Sir!

- Ink :
Please be my guest and feel free to leave some feedback. I would be honored if you share some of your spriting experience with me :)

- GokuThePower:
As I said earlier - I'm just starting my adventure with sprites. At this moment making full sprite sheet exceeds my skills. Maybe later :) ( Also I'm pretty sure that my first sprite sheet will be King Kobra )

- City Hunter:
Thanks man! Big up!

Last Edit: February 22, 2014, 02:28:37 am by sabockee
#9  February 22, 2014, 07:40:41 am
  • I am hilarious
  • and you will quote everything I say
    • USA
I do hope Nowi won't be the only Fire Emblem character you sprite. I'd like to see Frederick, Tharja, and/or Chrom at some point.
#10  February 22, 2014, 11:35:32 am
  • busy, busy....
    • Poland
Orochi Gill: Actually making anime characters is not my cup of tea. I made Nowi sprite on Xenomic's request, but I didn't find any fun in making this one. However, if you want me to make a sprite of another black metal beast then I'm opened on your sugestions :)
It will have to wait though, because I already have few requests to fulfil plus some of my own ideas to do.
#11  February 22, 2014, 11:43:49 am
  • Koi.
    • USA
    • Skype - Wizzy.WhipitWonderful
    • wizzywhipitwonderful.webs.com
I've got to start featuring your artwork on my channel man!

You keep this up, and I'll cover more Tekken characters!
Slow and steady wins the race, but there is a darkness... growing inside of me...

And if you provoke it...

I will slay you all.

Donate Here
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=B92JC32FZ5CME
#12  February 23, 2014, 12:54:47 am
  • busy, busy....
    • Poland
This one was a quick job. I hope it looks good.

...and here's what inspired me to make a pixel version of this bad mothafucka :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Gdl7oO0tBI

Posted: February 24, 2014, 10:27:00 pm
Last Edit: February 24, 2014, 10:34:33 pm by sabockee
#13  February 24, 2014, 10:34:45 pm
  • busy, busy....
    • Poland
Umm... so what ya think bout this one guys?

#14  February 24, 2014, 10:38:16 pm
    • USA
the belt/sash should use darker shades because the light should be blocked by the chest, other than that awesome
Thus Buddha Sakyamuni was born a prince, but voluntarily took to the mendicant's staff; and Francis of Assisi, the founder of the mendicant orders who, as a youngster at a ball, where the daughters of all the notabilities were sitting together, was asked:
"Now Francis, will you not soon make your choice from these beauties?"
 and who replied: "I have made a far more beautiful choice!"
 "Whom?"
 "La povertà (poverty)":
 whereupon he abandoned every thing shortly afterwards and wandered through the land as a mendicant.
#15  February 24, 2014, 10:39:39 pm
  • T.G. "Thunder God" Xenomic
    • USA
    • Skype - shinxenomic@hotmail.com
    • http://network.mugenguild.com/xenomic/
Oh hey, you made your own thread~ Now it's easier to track what you're doing! :V

...I feel like I should know who that is, but I can't think of it. If it's Tekken, I can only think Yoshimitsu. And I don't even know Tekken that well. >_<

Though I am wondering if his legs are supposed to be that bulky o.O

(Once again, at least you know what you like and don't like to sprite a little from my request, eh? That'll be something to keep in mind for others as well, as well as for you~ But I still thank you for doing that nonetheless, even if it wasn't as enjoyable as it could've been. ^^; )
#16  February 24, 2014, 10:40:01 pm
  • Staying Alive
    • Panama
Damn, Capcom really screwed up some proportions on Yoshimitsu. It looks really nice right now, I´m not a huge fan of Tekken models in SFxTK but that´s not your fault. Looking pretty nice so far :)
Chilling
#17  February 24, 2014, 10:45:52 pm
  • ↑←↑
  • Dream-Colored Chaser
    • Bosnia and Herzegovina
I'd say using his ingame Tekken 3 model as a base would have been better but since you already done this,you may want to skinnify(this isnt even a word) his legs
Also his feet look a little small
#18  February 24, 2014, 10:51:10 pm
  • Coder and Voice Actor
    • USA
    • www.youtube.com/thisisgir
Very nice!
#19  February 24, 2014, 11:43:14 pm
  • busy, busy....
    • Poland
-WhizzyWhipitWonderful:
Sorry that I missed your last post somehow :( I would be honored if my sprites gave you inspiration in your work. I'll keep em commin' :)

-Electrifyin:
I suppose you are right. I'll fix that.

-Xenomic:
I didn't forgot about you dude :) But right now I'm not taking any requests. I still have few more sprites to do on my list :)

-Aldo:
I only played Tekken3 and SFxT, so this model is most familiar to me. Probably Tekken stance would be better though.
But I'm planning to make Yoshimitsu in other outfits as well :) I'm glad that you like it anyway :)

-Erroratu:
Yeah, his calfs are deffinitely to bulky. When I fix that, his feet should appear bigger. Maybe I should reduce his baggy pants as well. I'll think about it. Thanks.

-Edward Elric:
Thanks!
#20  February 24, 2014, 11:47:42 pm
  • T.G. "Thunder God" Xenomic
    • USA
    • Skype - shinxenomic@hotmail.com
    • http://network.mugenguild.com/xenomic/
Oh, I wasn't requesting nothing. Was just restating something I said in a PM to ya about you knowing what you like and don't like to do is all. ^^;

And judging from your post, I was right on with it being Yoshimitsu? Wow...I'm surprised I guessed that right o_o;