YesNoOk

Super Smash Bros Ultimate (Read 744770 times)

Started by GTOAkira, March 09, 2018, 12:23:32 am
Share this topic:

lui

Re: Super Smash Bros for Switch
#101  March 23, 2018, 10:47:22 pm
    • USA
"oh geez, the company who makes all my videogames i love wants me to attend their event!"

how is that a bad thing. if anything its a good move for Nintendo since theyre known to be kind of a dick to YT'ers
#102  March 24, 2018, 04:25:36 pm
    • Puerto Rico
    • www.youtube.com/user/Darkflares
Right, I'm a believer of "Goku will never be in Smash"

In fact, I believe in "If your origins aren't from a video game, your chances of being in Smash are absolute zero."
#103  March 24, 2018, 04:32:10 pm
  • Build it, shape it, by my will.
People selected by Nintendo so it will be some fgc players and some youtube personalities.
Little did they know, Reggie's secretly getting massive prep time in case of facing the winner of the invitational.
#104  March 24, 2018, 05:12:33 pm
  • Back to the Beginnings
    • https://discord.gg/hnyK7JZ
*is sitting in the corner, hoping for Ice Climbers to return as well as Roy from FE not getting scrapped*
===My discord servers===
Unlimited Force HQ: https://discord.gg/hnyK7JZ
Mega Man Megamix Engine Help Server: https://discord.gg/Wjm9GYU

Touhou database (by Ryouchi):
http://mugenfreeforall.com/index.php?/topic/8257-touhou-project/
you are all small and can't grow manly sideburns
#105  March 24, 2018, 05:19:06 pm
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
There is little reason for them not to reintroduce Ice Climbers nor remove Roy unless this turns out to be a new game of such extreme magnitude that they'd have to rework every character enough that they lacked the time to work on Smash 4's DLC.  Which while I'm in the camp it's a new game, I don't think it's going to be at the expense of previous characters.  Except the low effort clones like Dark Pit and Lucina, they can pretty much all go and get merged with their original characters as a skin.  I would like Dr. Mario to remain, though, keeping the original Mario moveset, while new Mario gets to mess around with Cappy and/or F.L.U.D.D., and Roy's got enough different going on for him that he should be fine.
#106  May 09, 2018, 05:33:44 pm
  • Standalone Tester for Famicom Fighters
    • USA
Super Smash Bros. Invitational 2018 players revealed. I barely know who a quarter of these people are (After all, I'm just casual trash), but I'm glad we'll see guys who actually know what they're doing for a first showing of the game.
#107  May 14, 2018, 10:27:36 am
  • Back to the Beginnings
    • https://discord.gg/hnyK7JZ
Also:

Namco Bandai is probably returning as Co-Developers again, meaning that playable Pac-Man would be easily a guarantee if this really turns out to be true.
===My discord servers===
Unlimited Force HQ: https://discord.gg/hnyK7JZ
Mega Man Megamix Engine Help Server: https://discord.gg/Wjm9GYU

Touhou database (by Ryouchi):
http://mugenfreeforall.com/index.php?/topic/8257-touhou-project/
you are all small and can't grow manly sideburns
#108  May 14, 2018, 11:54:51 am
    • Netherlands
I hope that aside from Pac-Man they are also able to realise a Tekken character this time around (since Sega and Capcom had two reps as well; Sonic/Bayonetta and Mega Man/Ryu). I read in an interview that they considered Heihachi but couldn't get the complicated Tekken movesets to work in Smash so they dropped him. I'd be very interested to see if they could pull off Heihachi this time.
#109  May 14, 2018, 04:00:01 pm
    • Puerto Rico
    • www.youtube.com/user/Darkflares
They could look over at his appearances in PSASBR and SFxT.

Although, how they would treat Just frames is another matter.
#110  May 14, 2018, 06:28:27 pm
  • Super Mario Fighters 3 resurrected.
    • USA
    • doraemariby@yahoo.com
It'll be a sad and incredibly desperate day when Nintendo has to look at Sony for anything other than Crash.
#111  May 14, 2018, 06:51:00 pm
    • USA
Ignoring the clear buddy duo act of Spyro being along with Crash?

I don't really mind one way or another if Bandai Namco is working on the new game, seeing Smash was fine with or without them, but building rumors upon rumors, this just makes it harder to tell at this point if it's just revamping the last game or an entirely rebuilt game.  The former favors more previous characters getting ported over, the later suggests a better built game taking criticism in from the start.

I'm kinda leaning to wanting it to be a whole new thing, but I won't be upset if it's Smash 4.5 if it lets us keep Cloud.
#112  May 23, 2018, 03:02:58 am
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
Take this for what you will.  Vergeben is reporting a new leak from a "verified source," which claims that Ridley and Simon Belmont will be newcomers for Smash 5, and also that Ice Climbers will be coming back.  He's also claiming that it's a full-fledged sequel and not just a WiiU port, and that everyone from Smash 4 is returning, including all 3rd party characters.

On the one hand, this is the same guy who accurately leaked TMNT for Injustice 2 and Groh for Soul Calibur 6, so it's not impossible that this is legit.  On the other hand he's also the same guy responsible for that bullshit MvCI leak that had Apollo Justice and Star-Lord and such, so he could also be full of shit this time too.
#113  May 23, 2018, 03:07:10 am
  • Suika cute
    • sites.google.com/site/roysquadrocks/
Not sure if this is true or not, but I'll be glad if my main Pac-Man makes a return again.
Last Edit: May 23, 2018, 03:24:26 am by RoySquadRocks
#114  May 23, 2018, 03:15:43 am
  • Are you ready?
    • USA
#115  May 23, 2018, 03:46:53 am
    • USA
I mean, I would play both of those characters, plus it just being an objective good to return Ice Climbers, so I'm down with it.  But I question the thought process to add Simon before re-adding Snake back in.  I mean, he could have just not added that fact that Snake is in as well, but it would seem a highlight to me.  And an outright replacement would be odd, given Snake himself is still more relevant than the Castlevania series, and Simon's not even the last big thing in the spotlight.

I also echo what I said last discussion about Ridley.
Presuming for a minute that there's any weight to that, if by some miracle Samus is updated to reflect her most recent attire like Link and possibly Mario if that is Cappy, would that make this Proteus Ridley or just plain old Ridley?  I'd imagine it would be more beneficial for it to be plain Ridley, but it's always weird when only select characters are up to date with changes.  Also then have to pick between which Ridley, which I would hope not be Other M's Ridley.  Besides Other M being the cesspool it is, that's also not...actually Ridley.  I mean, it is, but it's not, it's a cloned baby and it just looks different than normal and they just wanted to make him look more scary for the new game.

I actually think should he be in, and not Proteus, they would probably use a smaller updated version of Brawl's over the Other M version in Smash 4.  Just to help alleviate any confusion to more casual fans that would see screenshots of a big Ridley from Smash 4, and want to know how to play Giga Ridley in Smash 5.

...Barring his final smash isn't turning big, that is.
While there are a number of things many take issue with Other M, rightfully so, one of the things that irks me a lot is the character design changes on Samus and Ridley.  Smash 4 got away with using them as they were technecally still the last relevant source to cite for them, but with Samus Returns, I'd much rather something that wasn't a purple flesh mound with random jutting spikes and flappy beak-lips like something out of Lovecraft.  Or just base him on the original Metroid as much as you can, him being human-sized back then.  Would still look weird, but at least make some sense out of his height.

One other thing about this hypothetical.  If we're to expect all previous characters from 4 to return, for the love of god, give new movesets to Lucina and Dark Pit to really differentiate them.  Now that we've established that they're locked in the game, do something better with them?  Otherwise they simply are just character skins taking up space in the roster.
Last Edit: May 23, 2018, 03:57:59 am by Long John Killer
#116  May 23, 2018, 04:03:32 am
    • USA
^ At a guess, I'd speculate Konami would want literally anyone other than Snake in the spotlight at this point, because anything Metal Gear related will just stir up all the backlash they got over Kojima's departure.

And don't be talking mess about my boy Dark Pit.  He's perfect just the way he is.
#117  May 23, 2018, 04:06:19 am
    • USA
    • doraemariby@yahoo.com
Ridley should be a red flag that the leak is not true. Sakurai already denied him, and Simon is somewhat of a doubt because his official creator left Konami.
#118  May 23, 2018, 04:12:07 am
    • USA
FWIW, Sakurai has also gone on record saying that having Miis or an Animal Crossing character would never be feasible in Smash Bros either.  Dude's allowed to change his mind.
#119  May 23, 2018, 04:14:15 am
    • USA
    • doraemariby@yahoo.com
He did? Well, fuck then.

I mean, I can doubt his idea on Ridley changing... Wait, I thought he wasn't the leader of this Smash game?
#120  May 23, 2018, 04:45:27 am
    • Mexico
On the one hand, this is the same guy who accurately leaked TMNT for Injustice 2 and Groh for Soul Calibur 6, so it's not impossible that this is legit.  On the other hand he's also the same guy responsible for that bullshit MvCI leak that had Apollo Justice and Star-Lord and such, so he could also be full of shit this time too.

In Vergeben's defense, Max corroborated that part as legit. Though he said in a recent video (look at minute 7:00) that Season 2 wasn't a thing anymore. Maybe it's a case of canned content.
And on the topic of Rids, I imagine he might be similar to the Brawl Legacy XP mod version of him with aerial grabs and long-range attacks.