YesNoOk

New One Piece 2D fighting game for the 3DS! (Read 75172 times)

Started by Gennos, May 21, 2016, 02:56:19 am
Share this topic:
Re: New One Piece 2D fighting game for the 3DS!
#61  August 23, 2016, 02:23:44 pm
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
Oh nice, Rob Lucci.  Good to know there are still some surprises to be had here.

Also, seeing Inurashi and Nekomamushi as assists means they are going into the Zou arc at least somewhat.  Which means there is still hope for Carrot yet.
#62  August 23, 2016, 11:51:45 pm
rob lucci is soo badass here in his cp0 white suit. wonder if they'll give him new attacks or haki moves.
I'm going to let god handle you people ✞
#63  August 29, 2016, 05:43:06 am
  • Professional Procrastinator
  • Roman Numerals and Decimals should never mix.
    • USA

Well with this trailer we can narrow down the final character to being either Ace, Shanks or Carrot(i guess Pedro to but Carrot would probably edge him out) as all the other usual characters missing from that Picture on the last page have now been confirmed as assists and i doubt Kaido or Big Mom would be playable yet.
#64  August 30, 2016, 02:13:40 am
    • USA
Shanks, probably not.   He hasn't been relevant in a while.  It seems like nobody is capable of stopping themselves from making Ace playable in a One Piece game so he's pretty much a shoo-in, but I'm kind of getting the feeling that Carrot will be joining the crew after this arc, so she might have a shot.
#65  August 30, 2016, 02:22:48 am
jinbe is the one who's gonna join them after this arc. so i hope they make him playable.
I'm going to let god handle you people ✞
#66  August 30, 2016, 02:34:18 am
    • USA
Well, Jinbe's a given, obviously. Also he's already all but confirmed thanks to that official artwork they keep trotting out that has him smack dab in the middle of all the other playable characters.

But it feels like the pieces are being put in place for Carrot to maybe join up too.  She's got her big dream like everyone else, she's got a bunch of unique skills and a fighting style no one else on the crew has, and Oda's already been frontloading her with a ton of weird personality quirks and fancy outfits.  Like "hey guys, you might wanna pay attention to this rabbit.  Just saying."
#67  August 30, 2016, 04:16:56 pm
    • Netherlands
Well, Jinbe's a given, obviously. Also he's already all but confirmed thanks to that official artwork they keep trotting out that has him smack dab in the middle of all the other playable characters.

But it feels like the pieces are being put in place for Carrot to maybe join up too.  She's got her big dream like everyone else, she's got a bunch of unique skills and a fighting style no one else on the crew has, and Oda's already been frontloading her with a ton of weird personality quirks and fancy outfits.  Like "hey guys, you might wanna pay attention to this rabbit.  Just saying."

He tends to do that for a variety of characters though. Mr. 2 was also quite prominent for a while.
#68  September 01, 2016, 05:57:28 pm
    • Peru
I don't follow One Piece but HOLY FUCK SPRITES. Definitely getting this.
#69  September 12, 2016, 08:03:16 pm
  • Professional Procrastinator
  • Roman Numerals and Decimals should never mix.
    • USA
http://gematsu.com/2016/09/one-piece-great-pirate-colosseum-dragon-ball-z-extreme-butoden-add-cross-game-battles-november
One Piece: Great Pirate Colosseum and Dragonball Z: Extreme Butoden, Bandai Namco’s Arc System Works-developed fighting games for 3DS, will each be updated in early November to add cross-game battle support, Bandai Namco announced.

This will allow users to battle each other no matter which title they own. Goku can battle Monkey D. Luffy, for example. Or Vegeta can fight against Nami. Cross battles will support both local and online play.

Further information will be announced at a later date.

One Piece: Great Pirate Colosseum will launch for 3DS in Japan on September 21. Dragonball Z: Extreme Butoden is available now worldwide.
#70  September 12, 2016, 08:51:31 pm
  • SNK is life
:kreygasm:

How is this possible?
#71  September 12, 2016, 09:18:31 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
They prepared the gameplay in advance, so both games are very similar. Great idea .
#72  September 12, 2016, 09:40:11 pm
How will they go about the flying system? Will they keep the One Piece system when there's a DBZ vs OP match?... Probably.
#73  September 12, 2016, 10:20:32 pm
    • USA
I don't follow One Piece but HOLY FUCK SPRITES. Definitely getting this.

u think the sprites are that awesome? nah. its OK spriting, the proportions to one piece characters are kinda off. Sames goes for dragon ball extreme butoden.
heck we have way better spriters here on MFG how could do better on proportions. but hey what can you
 do.
#74  September 13, 2016, 07:49:32 pm
    • Peru
Thanks for pointing what I should like. That was totally useful.
#75  September 15, 2016, 04:29:58 pm
    • Italy
    • mark.nar@hotmail.it
I start to think that the next Shonen Jump fighting game for 3DS will be based on Naruto series.
#76  September 17, 2016, 11:16:57 am
#77  September 23, 2016, 07:40:36 pm
This Game was released 2 days ago in Japan. 21-09 2016. I can't find any articles about the release.
#78  October 01, 2016, 05:05:18 pm
  • Rurouni Fan
  • The dream is nothing yet drive us to the end.
    • www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLaWlQGjKyJWoXxMR8nrea7P4R9C0JnA-_
One day someone will rip the Inuyasha stages... Not today nor tomorrow, probably not even in this decade. But you know, someday... :')

Did you play the new
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#79  October 01, 2016, 05:11:07 pm
  • Somewhere between Guilty Gear and real rap
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
Holy crap. :o
This is a generic forum signature.
#80  October 01, 2016, 05:55:37 pm
  • ~~~ヾ(^∇^)
    • Argentina
    • darkgirl.mugenimperiolatino.com
Wow too fast! sprites are available! :D