YesNoOk

CMS Mugen Elite by Mugen Community (Read 63383 times)

Started by Geese, September 19, 2009, 09:02:36 pm
Share this topic:
CMS Mugen Elite by Mugen Community
#1  September 19, 2009, 09:02:36 pm
If you are tired of "crap compilations" well that's too bad.
Let's see how long this will last.

Readme
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Screens

Links

I will only accept positive feedback because that is how we better ourselves by constantly thinking we are already perfect.[/sarcasm]

Any and all feedback is welcome and encouraged.

"If there is a god he pities you. If there is no god I pity you."
Last Edit: September 20, 2009, 08:19:48 pm by Geese
Re: CMS Mugen Elite by Mugen Community
#2  September 19, 2009, 09:07:49 pm
the versus screen interests me... ;D
Nothing Is here
#3  September 20, 2009, 12:24:50 am
  • 我が名は 「ハクメン」、押して参る!
hmmmm....I agree the versus is pretty clever, but warusaki3 characters and POTS characters in the same game? I don't know.....
#4  September 20, 2009, 12:46:31 am
I think you may be surprised if you try it. They aren't exactly the same as if you were to just download them.
#5  September 20, 2009, 10:46:38 am
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...
Looks really promising.
The only bad point is the characters slots in select screen that can be a little more clear.
But no problem with this.

By the way the big portrais are a great choice.
From where is the one of morrigan??

Thanks.
#6  September 20, 2009, 11:38:39 am
    • clubsyn-x-treme.net/Rev2.1/index.php?topic=32.0
#7  September 20, 2009, 11:46:28 am
  • Let me show you my real personality!
    • www.myspace.com/skank88
Please! Can you upload this on megaupload? Sendspace sux!

Thanks
#8  September 20, 2009, 08:20:28 pm
I updated the first post with new credits and new links to download from megaupload.
Last Edit: September 20, 2009, 08:25:39 pm by Geese
#9  September 21, 2009, 06:16:53 pm
I like this game I have never used Hi res mugen or winmugen plus because I couldn't use it the stages etc on xbox, but I will start using it now. The game as a whole looks better then most real games, the stages are crazy and fit. But the best part to me is the versus screen, and it looks like you balanced everything to be fair. Very cool you he even took time to put all the creators names and movelist.
#10  September 21, 2009, 07:06:40 pm
This looks promising, i'll have to check it out. Looks somewhat balanced with some good stages  ;)
Any marvel vs capcom stages in here? seeing as there's some mvc characters...
For more Mugen stuff visit me at http://retrostage.trinitymugen.net/
#11  September 21, 2009, 08:30:32 pm
There is the swamp from MVC 2 in there and that's it I think. I like MVC stages but they clash too much with the overall style of the game. I love pseudo 3d stuff but again there is like dragons and space vehicles in the game already. It's like whats going on here? O_o

Balance is a huge issue for me. That is why I went through the trouble of tweaking the characters so that  they all have the same subsystem and abilities. These aren't waru characters locked into EX groove or Rajaa Characters with Vigor mode. Everyone has the same stuff. Save for DS character with chain combos. I just didn't have the heart.
#12  September 22, 2009, 02:49:49 am
  • Master Relic Tech
  • Screenpack Maker EX
Must say very good screen pack Geese. It reminds me of eve-screen pack, but remade with more style and balance. The music is awesome everything seems to fit all together. Job well done my friend and wat is expected in the next update? 8)
#13  September 22, 2009, 04:22:01 am
There is the swamp from MVC 2 in there and that's it I think. I like MVC stages but they clash too much with the overall style of the game. I love pseudo 3d stuff but again there is like dragons and space vehicles in the game already. It's like whats going on here? O_o

Balance is a huge issue for me. That is why I went through the trouble of tweaking the characters so that  they all have the same subsystem and abilities. These aren't waru characters locked into EX groove or Rajaa Characters with Vigor mode. Everyone has the same stuff. Save for DS character with chain combos. I just didn't have the heart.

Yes balance is a huge issue for me too, which is why i can appreciate this  :sugoi:   
Only 1 stage from mvc2 eh? too bad this one was mine, i guess there isn't too many high res mvc2 stages out there...
For more Mugen stuff visit me at http://retrostage.trinitymugen.net/
#14  September 23, 2009, 08:15:36 am
Overall from what i've seen in the spoilers, it looks really well done.....in actuality after downloading that is, it hasn't opened for me soon as i click on it, it says win mugen has encountered an error and all that jazz...

any assistance as to how to set it up accordingly, or if there are any specifics as to what is called for in making it work would be quite helpful

as i said before though, from the pictures it looks awesome  :afro:

Im just Herkule the enigmatic intellectual
#15  September 23, 2009, 09:24:12 am
You may have the issue where you have to rightclick on winmugen.exe and run the game as an administrator. I am not sure what causes this or how to fix it. If that doesnt work im gonna need more details about the message and how you are extracting the files from the archive.
#16  September 23, 2009, 12:03:16 pm
same issue arises *winmugen has experienced an error and needs to close* its odd because i DLd everything correctly

but still same thing happens...idk if this has happened to anyone else or not

1st i DLd all three uh files then i went in to the one that was cms mugen put that on my desktop then i put the chars folder and the sound folder....opened it and well this led me to asking what the problem is.....i also tried adding all the folders that were in the winrar not to any other separate folder but to the main cms mugen folder you know with chars data font etc just the front folder where mugen.exe is, perhaps theres some sort of corruption?

#17  September 23, 2009, 05:07:11 pm
When you extract CMS Mugen.7z to wherever, there will be 3 folders in the archive:

CMS Mugen
Game Resources.
Movelist and System

the Sound and Char 7z files when you extract them must be placed in the CMS Mugen folder alongside data font folders ect.

I will download them and test it myself.
#18  September 23, 2009, 05:50:53 pm
Just downloaded from megaupload. Works perfectly for me. Try take a mugen.cfg file from a fresh winmugen plus or another game and copying it into the data folder and see if that works.
#19  September 23, 2009, 07:45:44 pm
Just downloaded from megaupload. Works perfectly for me. Try take a mugen.cfg file from a fresh winmugen plus or another game and copying it into the data folder and see if that works.

that worked....but now the chars arent showing up its just a blank select screen (ill try re DLing it again and see what happens, though somehow i think that same problems gonna come up) thanx for the assistance so far (most ppl in the mugen world dont help others who know less than them xP)

#20  September 24, 2009, 04:29:22 am
Make sure the characters are actually in the folder and that the char folder is in the CMS Mugen folder next to data font docs sound ect.
#21  September 27, 2009, 05:25:11 pm
  • Feels like nothing is there! Are you wearing it???
    • www.myspace.com/engravedlocket
Looks good, I'm downloading =]
#22  September 27, 2009, 06:57:49 pm
    • Thailand
The best Compilation ever?! o_O
#23  September 28, 2009, 12:00:18 am
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
#24  September 28, 2009, 05:05:13 am
Thanks for comments guys. :sugoi:

Soon ill have an update on the update i plan on releasing. It may take a bit but it'll be worth it I promise.
#25  September 28, 2009, 05:27:24 am
  • Master Relic Tech
  • Screenpack Maker EX
Sounds very good Geese looking forward to trying out the update. :sugoi:
#26  September 29, 2009, 04:57:58 pm
I like your release so far, and I await the next update. I do have one request; please change all 360, 360x2, and 540 commands. They've been hard to pull of to begin with, it's either very hard or nigh impossible to do them here, especially on a keyboard, and especially with Zangief. Please change these commands.
#27  September 29, 2009, 05:14:02 pm
  • The Extraordinary Spiderman
    • Netherlands
...do it yourself? I don't think these motions are hard to pull off, even with Zangief.
#28  September 29, 2009, 05:15:36 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
I like your release so far, and I await the next update. I do have one request; please change all 360, 360x2, and 540 commands. They've been hard to pull of to begin with, it's either very hard or nigh impossible to do them here, especially on a keyboard, and especially with Zangief. Please change these commands.
Open the cmd files and change the motions internally there.
you just need notepad to do it.
#29  September 29, 2009, 07:05:08 pm
    • France
Plus, they're hard for a reason. Grapplers have their own strengths and wicknesses, as everybody. Making a 360 move as easy to perform as a hadouken would generally make the char too easy to use, hence make it unbalanced.
#30  September 29, 2009, 09:52:53 pm
Plus, they're hard for a reason. Grapplers have their own strengths and wicknesses, as everybody. Making a 360 move as easy to perform as a hadouken would generally make the char too easy to use, hence make it unbalanced.

1.I knew I was going to get these kinds of posts, but I had to ask the question. It was just too much of an issue.

2.I tried to change the Commands, but there so many different variations of 360 in there.

3.If KOF can use HCB, HCF, HCB-F, and F-HCF, then so can this. Also, a grapple doesn't have a lot of range, where-as, say, the Hurricane Kick does. Damage and breaking defense isn't everything. At the least, the commands should be changed to the commands that I listed. To be honest, Zangeif is the only real problem, though Rock and Mika have a bit of it as well.
#31  September 29, 2009, 09:53:25 pm
#32  September 29, 2009, 11:39:07 pm
  • and the show goes on
made of ripped hearts waving far away,
only my memory stays still, as i say.
Looking to sky,
oh, how many people wished to fly?
i don't know,
beacuse life's harshness is a mainpart of god's show
#33  September 29, 2009, 11:42:31 pm
    • baragon.webs.com/
Just tried the commands with both my keyboard, a gamepad and even a '98 joystick, and they were all fairly easy.

#34  September 30, 2009, 12:40:21 am
Just tried the commands with both my keyboard, a gamepad and even a '98 joystick, and they were all fairly easy.

I'll go into more detail. I use Zangief. I try to do 'B,D,F,U+P'. He jumps whenever I get to 'U'. It's a problem I have with nearly every 360 in MUGEN, both regular MUGEN and Full Games. I pull every single other command off though. It's when I have to do a 360 that's the problem. Heck, on a joystick, 360x2's even in official games are un-performable. I can do 360's on a joystick, but after you go one full rotation, you jump the next time you get to 'U'. :-\

GT

#35  September 30, 2009, 01:14:19 am
    • USA
    • Skype - gt_ruby
...Can't you start with "U" and then go in reverse. Like "U,F,D,B+P"?
Yeah Titiln, in fact, You Made Him
#36  September 30, 2009, 01:35:32 am
#37  September 30, 2009, 03:27:05 am
I've tried to make the 360 motions as easy to perform as possible. In SF4 you can do a spinning pile driver without jumping if you are good enough. In Mugen it is a little harder. However, command throws like spinning pile driver have been 360 motion ever since they were invented. Making them another motion would simply be unnatural. I dont think i will be changing them for other people to download as im sure most people will be able to pull off the move with no problem. Besides, it is very easy for you to change the commands yourself in the CNS file of the character.

Also you dont need to modify all of the 360 motions. If you are simplifying the motions it only needs one for each button to be changed and you can delete the rest of the commands for that move.
Last Edit: September 30, 2009, 03:40:29 am by Geese
#38  September 30, 2009, 05:33:40 am
Thanks. I was able to edit the commands to be more to my liking. :)
#39  September 30, 2009, 09:58:05 am
    • France
Yeah, in SF4, you can easily perform the super without even jumping. My friend who I played against just switches on the analogic stick for a second, and turns the joystick like crazy, and BAM !
#40  September 30, 2009, 07:02:17 pm
    • Argentina
    • sites.google.com/view/senseiyoda/sensei-yodas-mugen
his work looks very good bro!  ;D

I will try it!  ;)

GT

#41  September 30, 2009, 10:30:05 pm
    • USA
    • Skype - gt_ruby
Yeah Titiln, in fact, You Made Him
#42  October 01, 2009, 02:35:58 am
#43  October 02, 2009, 04:56:14 pm
  • Just a butcher on a mission
    • www.justnopoint.com/lbends
A common technique for 720s is to perform it at the end of a jump or to buffer it during another move such as a light punch (like you would during a tick throw attempt)

In SF4, you can combo from a focus attack, and use the focus charge to buffer your 720 input.
#44  October 02, 2009, 11:08:01 pm
Off Topic:
The 360 in SF4 is easy to do because you don't have to do a 360. Every character in SF4 has command shortcuts sometimes 2 or 3 for each move. You can do and SPD or 360 in SF4 by hitting F, B,DB,D,DF,F + button or Ryu can do a DP by DF,DF + P. The game is so easy to pull off moves sometimes you perform the wrong one because of the shortcuts.

Alot of places like SRK and eventhubs have guides for the commandn shortcuts.
#45  October 03, 2009, 02:10:53 am
  • Three times thicker font than a normal user.
I can do 360's easily on a keyboard. Anything more... not so much. Granted it's the same with a controller.

Also, buffering/doing it mid attack helps.
Imagine a zanguief runing to attack ryu, ryu does a quick+kind of weak fast punch and hit the chest of zanguief, will this punch be enough to zanguief say/think \"oh no, this punch hurted a little, I better stop the attack and put my hand on my chest to help contain the pain while ignoring if ryu is going to make other attacks now"

Cenobite 53 said:
If someone isn't able to get girls laid, why buying this exorcist needing piece of retardet piece of bullshit an not wisiting his local red light district. For that money he could  :hump: tons of hookers.
#46  October 13, 2009, 08:12:49 pm
this mugen does not work
#47  October 20, 2009, 04:59:23 am
  • Feels like nothing is there! Are you wearing it???
    • www.myspace.com/engravedlocket
you coming out with anymore full games geese?
#48  October 20, 2009, 08:15:18 pm
    • USA
That's a good question. I just finally got the chance to dl this compilation yesterday, and I'm simply amazed. The characters used in this one definitely take me back to the days when each was first released! Well, except for Captain Commando and Hayato... Those two just absolutely ROCKED. CapCom especially blew my mind with his new variant Captain Storm straight from NxC.

With the way you excelled with the screen pack for it, as well, I'm pretty sure that I'll want to ask for your help with the compilation that I'm working on. But that's something I'll save for the PMs.

Nice work all around.
#49  October 21, 2009, 10:32:34 am
Can you release a template for the small portrait so that people like me can create their own portraits for their own character?

at the very least tell me what tool did you use for the small select screen portrait.

nice compilation btw!
#50  October 22, 2009, 04:24:03 am
  • Imagination is Everyting....
    • flamekyo.mugen-infantry.net
Dam,

the select screen looks Awesome

... Pulse Lifebars Re-Make :twisted:  60%
#51  October 24, 2009, 10:59:43 pm
  • Why are pokemon being mistreated?
this is the best mugen game ive ever played. thx for the release

#52  October 25, 2009, 10:46:45 pm
  • im finally just like everyone else
    • sites.google.com/site/thespritehaven/
You mind if I make more characters for this? If I have the time, I'd like to expand on this.  :sugoi:

fucking bad poster asshole that home32 bitch
#53  October 27, 2009, 05:49:52 am
I will continue to work on this after the new year. Yes i am working on a more proper Fullgame.

As for a template of the small and large portrait ill release those soon.

Feel free to do whatever you want with this. Please remember to give credit to the original authors.
#54  October 31, 2009, 03:33:01 am
  • im finally just like everyone else
    • sites.google.com/site/thespritehaven/

As for a template of the small and large portrait ill release those soon.

Feel free to do whatever you want with this. Please remember to give credit to the original authors.
Awesome.
And of course, yet I was just gonna add more characters and edit them the same way you did, expand a bit.
Although it would be easier if I knew that you changed internally. :S

fucking bad poster asshole that home32 bitch
#55  November 03, 2009, 03:37:28 am
  • because MUGEN is too mainstream
    • newagemugen.pro-forums.ca/
#56  February 10, 2010, 12:06:27 am
I downloaded all parths but the game don't open..

=\

what I can do?
#57  February 10, 2010, 07:56:24 am
Do you get an error message? What happens when you click the .exe? Please explain.
#58  February 10, 2010, 08:19:43 pm
Do you get an error message? What happens when you click the .exe? Please explain.

no, don't have any error mensage, the game just don't open, and i try pass the screen pack to my other mugen(the new, not winmugen) and I do, but the versus screen be bad on the new mugen and one font has caused some problems(sory about my bad english, i don't know talk english much)
Last Edit: February 10, 2010, 08:27:04 pm by Raziel_br
#59  February 10, 2010, 08:33:18 pm
I don't think this screenpack will work with the new Mugen 1.0.

I would download Winmugen plus and try to move the screenpack to that if you'd like.

Here are a couple of suggestions.

-Make sure all of the files are in their proper folders... Data Chars.. ect.

-Download a fresh Winmugen Plus and copy that system.def to the CMS game and see if that works.

-Sometimes the game has to be run as administrator on your PC. It has to do with permissions on some windows based machines. Try right clicking and running the exe as administrator. Good luck.
#60  February 10, 2010, 10:08:01 pm
I don't think this screenpack will work with the new Mugen 1.0.

I would download Winmugen plus and try to move the screenpack to that if you'd like.

Here are a couple of suggestions.

-Make sure all of the files are in their proper folders... Data Chars.. ect.

-Download a fresh Winmugen Plus and copy that system.def to the CMS game and see if that works.

-Sometimes the game has to be run as administrator on your PC. It has to do with permissions on some windows based machines. Try right clicking and running the exe as administrator. Good luck.

but I play mugen not on the adiministrador user and works, I need download oter mugen to play your mugen?
#61  February 11, 2010, 12:48:13 am
It should work right out the box.

It wont work with Mugen 1.0. This only works with WInmugen Plus.

What version of windows are you running?  I have run into instances where i couldnt open mugen cuz i didnt have permission to do so. Even if i was on my main account. Im not saying that is what is wrong here, but it is a possibility.

If you go though all the steps and still cant get it to work. I would download a fresh Winmugen Plus and try to transfer the screenpack over to the new one by copying the screenpack files over and then altering the system.def in the new winmugen to point to the files that youve copied over.

You really shouldn't have to do this but its worth a try.

I would try everything else before doing this.
#62  February 11, 2010, 11:49:58 pm
It should work right out the box.

It wont work with Mugen 1.0. This only works with WInmugen Plus.

What version of windows are you running?  I have run into instances where i couldnt open mugen cuz i didnt have permission to do so. Even if i was on my main account. Im not saying that is what is wrong here, but it is a possibility.

If you go though all the steps and still cant get it to work. I would download a fresh Winmugen Plus and try to transfer the screenpack over to the new one by copying the screenpack files over and then altering the system.def in the new winmugen to point to the files that youve copied over.

You really shouldn't have to do this but its worth a try.

I would try everything else before doing this.

now works, but the game don't want "use" FullScreen