YesNoOk

Noob Help Please (Read 1474 times)

Started by BigChrisSpirito, June 09, 2008, 04:44:15 pm
Share this topic:
Noob Help Please
#1  June 09, 2008, 04:44:15 pm
So I downloaded the No limit Winmugen patch and began to alter a few things this morning.  Into the chars folder I dumped Bane, Batman, Liono and a bunch of other characters that I downloaded.  I then went to the data folder and opened select with notepad. Where it says Insert your characters below I added the following:

Bane
batman
cammysfm
Ironman
Liono
Nightwing
sandman
sftm_Gouki
sftm_mbison
sftmken
Superman
thor
wonder_woman

Here are my problems:
1. The game only loads 10 characters... 5 on line 1 and 5 on line 2 how do I make it load past sftmken and create another line of character slots?
2. A few chacaters wouldn't even show up when I placed them in the game... all I get is a blank box that can't be selected.

My final problem is I would like to get the dos code off the screen when I'm playing the game how do I go about doing that and also how do I get the screen I'm playing in a little bigger it's awfully small.

Any and all help welcomed.

Thank you
Chris
Re: Noob Help Please
#2  June 10, 2008, 12:55:41 am
  • Never give up
Here are my problems:
1. The game only loads 10 characters... 5 on line 1 and 5 on line 2 how do I make it load past sftmken and create another line of character slots?
Open your mugen folder. Then open the data folder.

You should see a folder called big. In that folder open the readme.txt.

After you're done reading that, simply drag and drop the system.def file into the data folder to replace your current system.def. You should have more character slots now.

My final problem is I would like to get the dos code off the screen when I'm playing the game how do I go about doing that
Open the mugen.cfg(In the data folder) with notepad. Scroll down to this part,

[Debug]
;Set to 0 to disable starting in debug mode by default.
Debug = 1

^^Change the 1 to 0.

and also how do I get the screen I'm playing in a little bigger it's awfully small.
In the mugen.cfg,

Scroll down to this part,

[Video Win]
;Enter the width and height of the resolution you want to set here.
;The optimal resolution is 320x240, but if your video card has problems
;You may want to try 640x480.
Width = 640
Height = 480

^^Adjust the window size there. To make mugen full screen, press Alt + enter during gameplay.