YesNoOk

Nep Heart Thread: Eri and Shana Released (Read 246740 times)

Started by Nep Heart, July 22, 2019, 05:05:51 am
Share this topic:
Nep Heart Thread: Eri and Shana Released
#1  July 22, 2019, 05:05:51 am
  • CPU Purple Heart
    • USA
    • https://www.pixiv.net/en/users/8108265
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x7dw1mi

Miyako is here to prove the power of Bajiquan to the MUGEN world! This is also my very first character with an actual custom AI, so, you won't have a watch mode pushover for once. With that done, this will be the last character I will be releasing for a while as I'll be mostly just do updates/possible AI patches in the meantime.

Get her here: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AvDqTmHZ37DiiCSJjrHUoppZ82Uu?e=TTwBpf

Updates:

All characters:

- Minimum damage scaling decreased to 10% for normals and specials, although all supers have their minimum damage scaling raised to 40%.
- Significantly decreased power gain on hit and on block across the board.
- Fixed Burst knockback by removing the small gap that allowed for OTGs.
- Fixed a detection error for Gold Burst.
- Standardized pre-wallbounce velocities and launcher recovery times.
- Introduced Gold Mode (however, only Miyako has it atm).

Puella Magi characters:

- Revised Magia Overflow.
- Passive meter gain disabled while performing supers.
- Magia Shield causes hard knockdown on both grounded and standing targets.

Touhou Project characters:

- Removed power requirement for Spell Card Mode. Spell Mode also now has passive power gain.
- Slight revision for Brave Guard.

SNK characters:

- Rolls and air dodges cross more distance.

Kadokawa characters:

- Blast now restores 200 life on hit and 50 life on block.
- Reflection Guard cost reduced to 250 to compensate for lowered meter gain.
- Passive meter gain disabled while performing supers.

Eternal Fighter Zero characters:

- Instant Charge now recovers a minor amount of life and power.
- Reduced healing from Recoil Guard, but now occurs every time it's successful as opposed to every 5 successes.
- Fixed Recoil Guard velocity bug.
- Fixed bug that sometimes made Instant Charge unblockable.

Sayaka Miki:

- Fixed visual error in Prestissimo.
- The x version of Squartatore is now semi-safe on block, y version is now air unblockable and z version now goes farther in zoomed stages.
- Made it so that speed buff occurs outside of Allegro mode and relies solely on Allegro points instead.
- j.2y has more hit velocity, allowing for more consistent follow-ups on hit and block.
- Increased horizontal reach of launcher.

Hieda no Akyuu:

- Both x and y versions of Renbuken are speed up.
- Miare Setsugetsuka has increased hitbox size and slightly higher damage.
- All versions of Miare Missile have paintbrushes spread increased, giving them effectively larger space coverage.

Homura Akemi

- Artillery Strike damage slightly reduced and incurs increased damage scaling, but has increased number of hits to help it and AT-4 overcome guts more easily to compensate.
- Fixed a few misaligned hitsparks.
- Mark XIX Desert Eagle's version x, both ground and air, as well as her C4 counter are no longer affected by most anti-projectiles.
- Fixed bug in Rebellion that made it put helpers in custom state.
- Fixed FN Minimi float bug.
- Fixed bug in all versions of L16 that caused it to be unblockable if it hits on frame 1.
- AT-4 has increased damage scaling.
- Rebellion is less affected by damage scaling.
- Bullets from 6.z have slightly reduced frame advantage.
- Time Stop Special now renders all of Homura's attacks unblockable in its duration.

Hotaru Futaba:

- Dash and back hop speeds slightly increased.
- All versions of Ren-Gekki-Shuu sans EX version have less start-up time, increased velocity and capable of plowing through single hit projectiles. Also has more pushback on block, making it harder to punish.
- Shajou-Tai has less end lag on whiff and is completely invulnerable to throws throughout, but reduced ivulnerability against standard strikes and projectiles to compensate.
- Dash attack has increased travel distance.

Mio Kouzuki:

- Fixed bug in j.2z (Short Range) in which Mio would regain control mid-descent.
- Slight speed increase in all Short Range mode normals.
- Slight guardstun decrease on a few Long Range normals.
- Now has a standing overhead normal in Short Range mode.
- All versions of Shikigami Tamer adjusted; The x version has less endlag, but does less damage and has less frame advantage to compensate. The y version is safer and has increased damage. The Reinforced version does more damage, travels slightly faster and has substantially higher guardstun.
- All versions of Onmyouji have faster descent upon reaching peak height and decreased landing lag.
- Little Match Girl versions x and y have decreased guardstun.

Doppel Nanase:

- Fixed hit velocities on all variations of Maiden Typhoon.
- Fixed Maiden Volcannon's off-screen properties for zoomed stages.
- Parry now has suction effect when successful. Parry renamed to Deflect.
- All versions of Maiden Fire are now air unblockable and have slightly larger hitboxes.
- Maiden Capture x has reduced start-up and Maiden Capture y has reduced cooldown.

Nayuki Minase:

- Fixed protection inconsistencies with Keropi Shield.
- Fixed Minase Spring Cleaning's knockback inconsistencies.
- Snow Bunnies orbit Nayuki faster, can no longer be affected by reflectors and render Nayuki immune to projectiles while they're active.
- When summoned by Nayuki, Keropi's new trajectory tracks opponent's last position now.
- Somersault Spike y version is now air unblockable.

Mai Kawasumi:

- Single Stroke no longer pauses juggle timer. Damage increased to compensate.
- Slightly higher frame advantage with all versions of Scatter.
- Closing Ground version y's non-held version sets Mai farther from her starting position.

Archive:

For historical reasons, I've had the courtesy to refer to all previous release threads:

http://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/sayaka-miki-nep-heart-185048.0.html
http://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/hieda-no-akyuu-nep-heart-185235.0.html
http://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/homura-akemi-nep-heart-185480.0.html
http://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/hotaru-futaba-nep-heart-185698.0.html
http://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/haruhi-suzumiya-nep-heart-186049.0.html
http://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/mio-kouzuki-nep-heart-186240.0.html
http://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/doppel-nanase-nep-heart-186551.0.html
http://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/nayuki-minase-nep-heart-186719.0.html
http://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/mai-kawasumi-nep-heart-187016.0.html

For my collections thread, visit here (which also details mechanics for an extra bonus):

http://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/nep-heart-depository-186018.0.html
Last Edit: September 22, 2023, 12:21:17 am by Nep Heart
Re: Nep Heart's MUGEN Thread: Miyako Arima Released, All Other Characters Updated
#2  July 22, 2019, 01:19:03 pm
  • I'm 100% Team OHMSBY now.
    • USA
This must be very long overdue, but I never gave any kind of feedback for your characters. Guess I was busy testing OHMSBY's characters, I never got around testing yours. Since your style is different to his even though it has similar mechanics, I'll have to keep in mind of the aesthetics you're going for. So here it is at last, be prepared as I'll be trying to go though all of your characters:

Also, since the feedback might be very long as I'll be having feedback for 10 characters, I'll probably keep updating this post every time I have new ones to add. For now, I'll do Sayaka and Homura first as I use them the most.

General:
-I feel like the step sounds for the walk animation aren't needed and feels too redundant.
-The air dash and double jump effects feels inconsistent.

Sayaka Miki:
-The back dash has no dust effect.
-Her counter block is OP (She can push back the opponent through all physical attacks with no cooldown just by blocking right when it hits, making it impossible to get close to her).
-The landing sound effect on the back dash plays twice when she touches the ground.
-The Scherzo cutlass projectile has no hitspark when it makes contact and disappears by a frame and don't fade.
-The hitspark on the 2nd hit moves along with the opponent on her air throw.
-The gylphs during an forward/back air dash and double jump disappears by a frame and don't fade (There is also no sound for the gylph when she double jumps).
-The 1st hit of light and medium Arioso can hit if her sprite never made contact with the opponent (The red hitbox before Sayaka swings her cutlass is too large).
-She slides a bit instead of hitting the exact spot during Squartatore.
-When fighting against your Homura, it's possible for Grandioso to still follow up when using her counter block instead of failing.
-The running animation during Affettuoso has no step sounds and the 3rd hit has a light hitspark instead of a heavy one like the 2nd hit (I personally think you should add hitsparks for the other hits too with the exception of the last one as the background changed color).
-Tempestoso has no hitsparks and guard sparks when they make contact with the opponent.

Homura Akemi:
-Her double jump has no sound.
-Her counter block is OP (She can push back the opponent through all physical attacks with no cooldown just by blocking right when it hits, making it impossible to get close to her).
-The swing sound on her jumping WA and MA plays after it hits the opponent.
-The Y Mark XIX Desert Eagle projectile appears before she fires her gun (It also disappears before it leaves the stage).
-The flash sound can be heard after she fired the rocket on RPG-7.
-Spatial Movement teleport has no after images like the normal throw does.
-The flashbang on Rebellion has no sound effect when it hits (It also just disappears when it misses).
-After Rebellion ends, the opponent is standing instead of lying on the ground or recovered too quickly from the hit.
-Artillery Strike has too much chip damage and is possible for the opponent to stop blocking after the last hit.

That's all for now, will test more soon.
I will still do detail and aesthetic feedback for the rest.
Last Edit: July 22, 2019, 01:23:25 pm by SolidZone 26
Re: Nep Heart's MUGEN Thread: Miyako Arima Released, All Other Characters Updated
#3  July 23, 2019, 07:32:33 am
  • CPU Purple Heart
    • USA
 Thanks, that was the kind of feedback I was looking for, although it is little surprising that you've finally did it.

Anyway, some important updates were made just about now. I am aware that there is a recently discovered bug with the guts system on the first hit, but that one's got me stumped in all honestly and I may need to consult a more experienced coder to help me out with it.

All characters:

- Fixed bug that caused characters to fail in retaining momentum while jumping after a dash.

Peulla Magi characters

- Increased endlag from a successful Magi Shield.

Sayaka Miki:

- Numerous graphical and sound fixes/improvements.
- Fixed error in which Grandioso persisted after hitting a helper.

Homura Akemi:

- Numerous graphical and sound fixes/improvements.
- Guard damage reduced for Artillery Strike (although still very high as intended).
- Added a precaution to Rebellion's custom state.

Miyako Arima:

- Removed infinite caused by custom state errors.
- Fixed button-held charge time for 5.z and both x and y versions of Sen-Shippo.
- Fixed errors for a few Ex Specials failing to deduct power on use.
- Tweaked AI.

General:

- I feel like the step sounds for the walk animation aren't needed and feels too redundant.
-The air dash and double jump effects feels inconsistent.
- Double jump has no sound.

Sayaka Miki:

-The Scherzo cutlass projectile has no hitspark when it makes contact and disappears by a frame and don't fade.
-The 1st hit of light and medium Arioso can hit if her sprite never made contact with the opponent (The red hitbox before Sayaka swings her cutlass is too large).
-Tempestoso has no hitsparks and guard sparks when they make contact with the opponent.

Homura Akemi:

-After Rebellion ends, the opponent is standing instead of lying on the ground or recovered too quickly from the hit.

General:

- This one is sort of a divisive one for me since criticism based on this is people either complain if I leave it in or if I remove it, so, the only way I can please is based on how I feel atm. Meaning I'll just keep it in so there is no significant consensus on this to really make a difference.
- I mostly based the specialized air dash and double jump FX on what fits the character thematically, so, it'll never be universal unless they lack something to make them stand out, in which I use a generic FX that I use in their case.
- For the vast majority of fighting games I've played in over 2 decades, I've very rarely seen FGs have an SFX for double jumps. Now, as for characters like Mio, she's an exception and the source game she comes from has similar exceptions like these. Even other commercial FGs have these kind of exceptions (i.e.: Mario and Sonic in Super Smash Bros).

Sayaka Miki:

- The cutlass projectiles do have a hitspark/guardspark, but it was probably too quick to notice. The spark in question is the sword pinning into the target. I've changed that now since it seems nobody was able to ever notice that anyway.
- Don't think I can change the hitbox on the grounds of functionality trumping visuals since the hitbox' sizes are to reduce whiffing.

Homura Akemi:

- I've never ran across this problem before in both 1.0 and 1.1, it might be the specific character she is fighting that is missing sprites/animations perhaps? Nonetheless, I've updated the custom state just to be extra sure.
#4  July 23, 2019, 06:50:18 pm
nice!!!thanks!!!!
#5  July 23, 2019, 10:14:07 pm
  • The Lord of Vampire
  • Member of the Reign of Kreation
    • Brazil
    • guiaugusto20@hotmail.com
    • Skype - guiaugusto20

Your stuff is getting even better Nep. :)
#6  July 23, 2019, 10:31:50 pm
  • Are you ready?
    • USA
is it me or is miyako's ai pretty cheap? I'm just asking is all
#7  July 23, 2019, 11:14:53 pm
  • CPU Purple Heart
    • USA
@drewski90

Not really, the AI follows all the same rules as a human player does sans the advantage of not requiring inputs and having inhuman reflexes. I may do adjustable AI levels later, but this is my first time at it and I'm mostly fine with the results I got. She does have a cheap boss mode via 12th palette, but even a human player can access it and it's completely optional.

Edit: Also, did a minor stealth update on one of her FX.
Last Edit: July 24, 2019, 01:42:41 am by Nep Heart
#8  August 02, 2019, 03:59:32 am
  • CPU Purple Heart
    • USA
 Finally got that accursed guts bug (mostly) fixed, that was a 2 week ordeal I had to struggle with. Now with that said, other updates were done, too, for slightly better external balance and better overall internal balance.

All characters:

- Revised Counter Hit; damage bonus and damage scaling mitigation reduced down to 10%, but now 250 power is also rewarded on hit to compensate.
- Fixed Guts system bug that caused characters to have their life reduced by 50% on every first hit instead of reducing damage by 50% when reaching the minimum threshold.
- Standardized Burst blast FX.
- Standardized juggle expiration FX.
- Standardize Guard Crush FX.
- Many heavy normals, specials and supers now cause a slightly more noticable rumble on hit to give them better impact.

- Fixed Brave Guard bug that would sometimes cause it not to recognize directional input being released.

SNK characters:

- EX Specials have their command remapped to "a" command to keep it consistent with other Series Abilities. Hyper Drive Mode command has also been changed to accommodate.
- Hyper Drive Mode no longer grants extra air dash and mid-air jump; replaced with Guard Crush damage being increased instead.

Kadokawa characters:

- Fixed error in Reflection Gaurd guard cost timing. Reflection Guard can also now be done outside of guardstun at a gradual power cost.
- Remapped commands for Reflection Guard to "a" and Blast to "D+a" to keep it consistent with other Series Abilities.
- Power Blast now increases Guard Crush damage.

Melty Blood characters:

- Fixed Shielding flaw that made it fail to recognize unorthodox projectile state controllers.

Homura Akemi:

- Increased damage scaling for numerous moves.

Hotaru Futaba:

- Fixed angle for Nagai-Furi Muki.
- Tenshou-Ranki is now air unblockable.
- A number of normals have their damage reduced.
- j.2z now causes hard knockdown on grounded targets.

Nayuki Minase:

- Reduced damage for all normals except for all light attacks, dash attack and throws.
- Super Nayu-Chan Kick, Surface-to-Air Freezer and Memories With Snow Bunnies have reduced damage.
- Surface-to-Air Freezer can combo into itself now and frozen target falls faster to allow for better juggle timing. Damage scaling compensated.
- Special Collection's clocks have a hitbox on their way down and cause hard knockdown. Also, clocks have a wider spread when they land now.

Mai Kawasumi:

- Fixed error in Closing Ground version y having improper positioning when followed up.

Miyako Arima:

- Corrected error in bouncing rocks still in movetype = A even after their hitbox expired.
- Fixed super armor glitch.
- Fixed some tripping animation quirks.
- Sen-Shippo partially charged version has decreased damage, but full charged has increased damage. Damage scaling also increased.
- EX version of Shin-Kyaku's duration reduced in half.
- Most normals have their damage reduced.
- Damage scaling slightly increased for all standing normals.
- Ground and air throws have increased damage.
- Critical damage bonus increased from 15% to 20%.
- Tweaked AI.
Last Edit: August 02, 2019, 04:09:44 am by Nep Heart
#9  August 02, 2019, 06:36:25 am
  • I'm 100% Team OHMSBY now.
    • USA
Sorry if it's late as things outside of M.U.G.E.N kept me distracted or got lazy, here's the rest of the feedback:

Nayuki Minase:
-Nayu-Chan Twist doesn't have a landing sound effect if performed on the ground (Also both ground and air for EX version).
-Somersault Spike doesn't have a landing sound effect (The EX version does).
-Super Nayu-Chan Kick doesn't have a landing sound effect when she touches the ground.
-The afterimages of Keropi is still the normal color even if it's red or white.

Mai Kawasumi:
-Crescent Moon doesn't have a landing sound effect (The EX version does).
-There's no sound effect when Hope disappears.

Sayaka Miki:
-The magical circle effects on the startup of Affettuoso don't fade.
-The hitsparks on 4th and 5th hits of Affettuoso are behind the opponent.

Doppel Nanase:
-The explosion sound can be heard after the effect appears on a successful Maiden Rush.
-When the opponent is grabbed by x Maiden Capture, it looks like they are still floating before slammed to the ground.

Mio Kozuki:
-Red Hood doesn't have a landing sound effect when she touches the ground.
-Her taunt doesn't have a swing sound when she throws her projectile and it passes through the opponent after it hits them.

Hieda no Akyuu:
-The x version of Youma Bon can be performed in the air even though the book is placed on the ground (Probably intentional, but it looks weird the book appears that way).

Hotaru Futaba:
-The landing sound effect on the back dash plays twice when she touches the ground.
-Tenshou-Ranki doesn't have a hit sound or a guard hit sound when it connects, it also doesn't have a landing sound effect if it misses.

Haruhi Suzumiya:
-Back dash sound doesn't play when the effect appears.
-The swing sound on her crouching MA plays after it hits the opponent.
-Crouching HA doesn't have a swing sound.
-Her Y SOS Swing doesn't have a swing sound.
-She gets pushed back after using Y Cho-Yusha Thunder (Not sure if intentional).

Miyako Arima:
-The landing effect is played after her two feet is on the ground during her back dash.
-X and Z Ren-Kantai has no sound on the super jump effect.
-Ren-Kantai doesn't have a landing sound effect when she touch the ground.
-Y Ren-Kantai doesn't have a super jump effect, but a sound effect can be heard.
-Light and medium Go-Keiken doesn't have a landing sound effect when she touch the ground.
-The hitspark and guard spark of is misaligned.

Haruhi and Miyako is the same feedback before you updated them again and I got lazy to take a look, so correct me in case if some of those are fixed already. I also noticed something with Sakaya after the fixes, so you might want to take a look at that too.
I will still do detail and aesthetic feedback for the rest.
#10  August 19, 2019, 06:37:39 am
  • CPU Purple Heart
    • USA
 this is actually a pretty big update since custom buffering is something that was overdue for my characters, which means they'll now be easier to control...

All characters:

- the b button now doubles as a shortcut for x+y+z.
- Implemented Vans' custom command buffering system.
- Updated lv3 superpause aesthetics.
- Reduced juggle timer restoration caused by superpause.
- Ground and wall bounces as well as wall splats are now assisted with a specialized hitsound and hitspark.
- Other misc. aesthetic fixes.
- Tweaked Guts system calculation so as to make it so that lower life values reach defense boost thresholds earlier than higher life values, although the 50% defence boost maximum still applies regardless of life value.

Puella Magi characters:

- Magica Boost can be used outside of Magia Overflow, but at a higher cost. Damage scaling mitigation also increased, but only during Magia Overflow.

SNK characters:

- Can only air dodge once before touching the ground or after getting hit.

Kadokawa characters:

- Reduced passive power gain in Power Blast mode.
- Damage scaling mitigation in Combo Blast mode reduced to 5%.
- Fixed error that caused Blast trigger to activate too late.

- All power, life and damage bonuses scale more properly with the Reinforce gauge.
- Removed frame advantage bonus from Reinforce scaling.

Melty Blood characters:

- Max Mode grants 10% damage scaling mitigation at the start of combos.

Sayaka Miki:

- Added j.6z.
- j.2y has increased landing lag on whiff.
- Fixed Allegro mode error in which it will sometimes ignore power requirements.
- Affettuoso is disabled while Allegro is active.

Homura Akemi:

- Replaced all blood sparks with heavy hitsparks/guardsparks for standardization.
- Reduced damage for a few normals.
- Mark XIX Desert Eagle version y's bullet will now disappear if Homura is hit.
- Both versions of Stringer will force the missile to stop homing and dive straight towards the ground if Homura is hit. The z version's missile is made to travel faster as well as now allowing two Stinger missiles out at once to compensate.
- A brief pause occurs during Spatial Movement and "c" by itself won't trigger the move, both to reduce chances of misinputs.

Hotaru Futaba:

- 6y and j.2z (latter on grounded targets only) now cause hard knockdown.
- Reduced the amount of normals that can be jump canceled on block.
- Tenshin-Shou version y retooled to be a combo starter or ender as opposed to a combo extender. Removed OTG capability.
- Reduced damage for Soushou-Tenrenge and Yulhana-Tensho. Both supers also have less resistance to damage scaling.
- Tenshou-Ranki's energy arc from Hotaru's rise is now capable of OTGing.
- Tweaked frame data.

Mio Kouzuki:

- Adventurer version z has increased damage.
- All versions of Red Hood now have a hitbox that drags the opponent with Mio when used in the air.
- Reinforce version of Red Hood goes farther.

Nayuki Minase:

- 5x now OTGs.
- 5z can no longer be jump canceled on block.
- Reduced frame advantage for a few normals.
- Second ground bounce from j.2z and ground bounce from dash attack verion z are now made into a unique hit slide.
- Dash attack version y has Nayuki hop slightly higher, allowing for cross-ups against some characters.
- Dash attack version z has its damage reduced, but now allows for better combo follow-ups against the corner due to new knockdown effect.

Miyako Arima:

- A few normals can no longer be jump canceled on block.
- Chou-Shinchuu version y has slightly more start-up and has an additional SFX at the start of the move to make it more telegraphed.
- Tweaked AI; now scales with difficulty level found in MUGEN's option menu.

With that said, the addition of Vans' Tiny Buffering means that a lot of characters under CPU control will be disabled from the majority of their actions beyond walking and jumping, so, the default AI will even be less challenging as if they already weren't to begin with. So, I'll eventually have to update every character to have custom AI seeing Miyako is the only one who has it atm... not that it matters, MUGEN's default AI is garbage and it doesn't concern me that much.
Last Edit: August 19, 2019, 07:08:01 am by Nep Heart
Re: Nep Heart's MUGEN Thread: Reisen Udongein Inaba released, all others updated
#11  October 02, 2019, 10:34:32 pm
  • CPU Purple Heart
    • USA
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x7m2mkm

Reisen makes a mind-shattering entry into the MUGEN foray. Don't blink or you might miss it. On the subject, I've always wanted to make another Touhou character and this helps with the issue of Akyuu feeling so lonely. This is also my second attempt at doing custom AI and, unlike my previous attempt, Reisen has adjustable difficulty levels that scale to MUGEN's difficulty option right out of the door. Enjoy!

Get her here: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AvDqTmHZ37DikQDgFL_CqXOKSO1Y?e=CM2vbZ

As a tradition to keep characters consistent, everyone's been updated of course.

all characters:

- Tweaked minimal damage scaling.
- Fixed a bug where projectiles became unblockable if they attempt to custom state helpers.
- Change commands for guard cancel counter and guard cancel dash.
- Fixed guard cancel counters from counting as counter hits.
- Reduced liedown time.
- The ability to truly (IAD) instant air dash has been added.
- Standardized jump start frames to 3.
- Fixed wall jump bug that occurred by increasing height needed to perform one.
- Changed ground and air only state indications in all Read Me text files.
- Burst now fills up gauge by 1/3 on hit and changed its restoration formula.
- Changed the way Burst's knockback functions.
- Changed Burst icon.
- Certain health recovery Series Abilities now are made to recover life based on "recoverable health" complete with a recoverable life (red health) meter that shows up while in hitstun.
- Upgraded super background FX.
- New mechanic; Dash Bonus.
- All characters are now made compatible with my Reisen and Vans' Chizuru concerning sealing supers.
- Throw teching made less lenient against human players and AI alike.
- Readjusted guard cancel commands due to confliction with special and super commands.
- Corrected a minor timer quirk in custom command buffer.

Puella Magi characters:

- Fixed Magia Shield's invulnerability from being delayed.
- Magia Overflow no longer resets to full between rounds.

- Fixed Brave Guard's invulnerability from being delayed.
- Reduced meter gain, super cost reduction and health restortiin from Spell Mode.

SNK Characters:

- Hyper Drive gauge no longer resets to full from Hyper Drive Mode between rounds.

- Fixed Recoil Guard's invulnerability from being delayed.

Melty Blood:

- Blood Heat gauge no longer resets between rounds, recoverable health has been reduced to compensate.

Sayaka Miki:

- Allegro healing now pauses while in hitstun.

Hieda no Akyuu:

- Fixed issue where pause upon reaching Record Level Max can be canceled into supers.
- Added Gold Mode.

Hotaru Futaba:

- Overhauled all versions of Hakki-Shou including super version.
- A number of specials have less ending/landing lag and some of those have increased damage.

Haruhi Suzumiya:

- Corrected Kyon's hitboxes.

Miyako Arima:

- Added AI indication icon.
- Go-Keiken versions x and y are now techable.
- Increased dash speed.
- Significantly reduced dizzy status time for shielded lv3.
- Corrected issue with hurt sounds not playing.
Re: Nep Heart's MUGEN Thread: Reisen Udongein Inaba released, all others updated
#12  October 03, 2019, 09:02:32 am
  • CPU Purple Heart
    • USA
 Quick update for Reisen to address various issues.

- Corrected various aesthetic goof-ups.
- Corrected bug that cause all versions of Illusory Blast to aim in reverse.
- Fixed AI oversight concerning super cancels.
#13  October 03, 2019, 10:38:33 pm
  • The Lord of Vampire
    • Brazil
    • Skype - guiaugusto20
I'll test the bunny Touhou girl tomorrow. Thanks for another great release Nep. :)
#14  October 05, 2019, 01:24:12 am
  • The Lord of Vampire
    • Brazil
    • Skype - guiaugusto20

I really enjoy the updates on your stuff.
Great work with Reisen, keep on coming Nep.
#15  October 05, 2019, 02:51:40 am
  • CPU Purple Heart
    • USA
 Thanks, glad you enjoyed her. Kinda unfortunate timing since I just updated every character to address some feedback from last night. And no, the guts system is not going away, so, people can stop whining about that already.

All Characters:

- Increased damage scaling on all normals substantially, all non-throw normals have damage increased by roughly 10% and lv3 supers now have a minimal threshold of 75% to compensate.
- Meter gain slightly increased.
- Reduced envshake on all attacks that have it.

Haruhi Suzumiya:

- Increased damage for SOS Live to 400.

Reisen Udongein Inaba:

- Reduced frame advantage on many specials and Lunatic Blast.
- Demotivation now takes away less power on contact.
- Reduced Demotivation's sealing duration to 5 seconds.
- Fixed AI bug that made it randomly freeze after landing.
#16  October 05, 2019, 11:27:08 am
so...who else you have in mind?
#17  October 05, 2019, 12:39:51 pm
  • Doesn't know how to do things but does them anyway
    • USA
Not sure if this was intentional or not, but Reisen’s red health bar seems to reset back to 0 every time she gets hit into a new combo.
I dunno what to put here for a signature.
#18  October 05, 2019, 07:11:39 pm
  • CPU Purple Heart
    • USA

Not really revealing it until sufficient progress is done on the character, but I may consider skipping out on doing the AI for my next project seeing as it causes people to actually stop playing my characters and turns out to be a waste of time for that very reason.

Not sure if this was intentional or not, but Reisen’s red health bar seems to reset back to 0 every time she gets hit into a new combo.

It is intentional, red health is based on the fraction of the last combo damage (or single hit if there was no combo) the character received, mainly as an incentive to encourage resets.
Last Edit: October 05, 2019, 07:22:00 pm by Nep Heart
#19  October 05, 2019, 10:18:02 pm
  • 仮面ライダーグランドジオウ
  • The Scavenging Time and Space God
    • USA
#20  October 05, 2019, 11:18:28 pm

Not really revealing it until sufficient progress is done on the character, but I may consider skipping out on doing the AI for my next project seeing as it causes people to actually stop playing my characters and turns out to be a waste of time for that very reason.

Her profile picture is usually a hint.

I see, but they didn't have reisen herself, did they?