YesNoOk

How to get rid of multiple shades of one color (Read 3899 times)

Started by Shinnox, April 03, 2007, 06:12:07 pm
Share this topic:
How to get rid of multiple shades of one color
#1  April 03, 2007, 06:12:07 pm
when i started mugen, i was lost on this subject. i ran into this problem over and over again. i know a lot of beginners are lost when it comes to this as well.

have you ever made a sprite....went thru all the resizing, transparencies and such only to get the image into mugen and have it look like this?

experienced mugen people, and people with image editing experience know what to to. some have different ways of doing it, but im gonna tell you how i fix the problem.

programs used:
paint shop pro
animation shop

my test subject is sub-zero. go ahead, wave hello.

*assuming you have already decreased your colors, edited your palette, etc and that you are up to this point*

now, the best way to spot these "hidden" colors is to first change the background color to a different color.

here you can see i changed my bg color from pink, to green. this helps me spot
all the other "pink" colors.

here is a black bg to help you see the pink better.

as you can see, theres still some pink in there that needs to go.
copy and paste your image (or open it, your choice) into animation shop

click on "Animation" and "Replace Color"

under "replace" select "old color" and "with" select "new color"

click the box next to "old color". this will bring up the color menu.  move the dropper to your image and select the pink color you want removed, then hit ok.

click the box next to "new color" and click your images current bg color (in this case, green) then hit ok.

this will replace the pink color, with green. keep repeating this process until all shades of the pink are gone.  once you remove all the pink, replace the colors one final time. this time, replace the green, with your original pink.

then copy and paste it back into your other program (in my case, paint shop pro) decrease the colors, edit your palette, and be on your merry way :D

heres sub-zero, pink free (second pic changed to black to show NO PINK :D)
Last Edit: April 03, 2007, 06:19:56 pm by Ermac
Re: How to get rid of multiple shades of one color
#2  April 06, 2007, 04:12:27 pm
  • â
omg!  ;D thx so much ive been wondering about this forever!!!!
Dude this is awsome now all i need to do is get some infomation about animation shop!

;D ;D ;D thx again ;D ;D ;D
W.I.P.

↓↘→ⓟⓟⓟ