YesNoOk

what game are you playing right now (Read 1056572 times)

Started by Shunu, December 09, 2009, 09:37:27 pm
Share this topic:
Re: what game are you playing right now
#5021  September 09, 2017, 04:02:18 am
Completing the Pokedex in D/P/P just means SEEING all the pokemon, not catching them, iirc. It shouldn't be a problem.
#5022  September 09, 2017, 04:18:12 am
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
Wouldn't I still need to fight Palkia at some point?  I mean, I guess that's spoilers territory, but I had presumed you only fight the mascot for your game, not both.
#5023  September 09, 2017, 12:37:41 pm
  • I am become Death, Destroyer of Tiers
    • UK
iirc someone shows you a pic of Palkia, you don't fight it in Diamond.
Also, don't forget to look at that book in that one mansion to add Manaphy to your dex.

Wait, how do you have a SHADOW Lugia?
#5024  September 09, 2017, 01:37:12 pm
    • USA
The purified version, I mean.  I just call it Shadow Lugia because, well, that's what it was.
#5025  September 09, 2017, 05:17:06 pm
I did it in Platinum without trading at all. I don't remember how, mind you, but it's definitely doable.
#5026  September 09, 2017, 06:50:35 pm
    • UK
Gen 4 is cool in that you can complete 99% of the dex by just battling everh trainer.
The other 1% is either through story, catching(Rotom) or looking at the book in that 1 mansion(Manaphy)

Also,don't forget to get Rotom. You need that for the dex.
#5027  September 09, 2017, 10:40:14 pm
  • Stages & Screen Pack
  • Mugen Creator
    • USA
    • https://jusmugen.forumotion.com/
I'm play my favorite game when Im not making mugen stuff

Join My JUSMUGEN Community.
https://jusmugen.forumotion.com/
#5028  September 10, 2017, 01:47:13 am
    • Hungary
TES3 morrowind
#5029  September 16, 2017, 02:26:48 am
    • USA
Pokémon Moon.

I jumped back into this today simply because I got stuck on a puzzle in Diamond after the 6th badge dealing with a mountain and I didn't have my copy of Samus Returns yet.  I like to breed good pokemon until I get a shiny, and wonder trade the rest being relatively good enough that others would like them if they don't care about competitive or want to re-breed them themselves.  Tend to do it with Pokémon in unusual Pokeballs, the apricot balls or regulars in Beast Balls, etc.

Anyways, was going to start a chain of Magikarps.  First one?  Shiny.  The offset?  I didn't think to get a Ditto with a proper nature in there.  So it's a Timid Shiny Magikarp.  Kill me.

I know Nintendo/Game Freak's whole intention of each monster being "unique", dragging out gameplay as long as possible, but I'd do anything for the ability to swap natures right now.
#5030  September 16, 2017, 03:31:38 am
    • UK
Legend of Zelda : Breath of the Wild

Fuck me this game is good.

i cannot put it down. It is one of the best games I've played all year(and this has been a year jam packed with excellent games).
#5031  September 18, 2017, 03:40:38 am
I just finished playing DuckTales Remastered. The original Game was a favorite of mine when I was a kid.
#5032  September 27, 2017, 09:32:54 pm
  • I have no idea what I'm doing.
    • UK
Been playing a whole batch recently, so this might take a while:

Pokémon Sun
Been playing this on and off, mostly because I am angry that Ultra Sun exists and want to justify not buying it.

Still a good game, despite all the constant dialogue checkpoints.  Abused the hell out of Island Scan to get a Cyndaquil and a Venipede, and have been steadily progressing through the second island. Gladion went down like a chump, and the Totem Wishiwashi took one Thunder Wave from my Pikachu and proceeded to eat shit becuase it simply couldn't move. Currently trying to train everyone to around Level 18-20 to catch up with my Torracat, who kind of flew ahead of everyone else in levels. Use Pokémon Refresh, guys, it's important.

Also, when the hell do I get Poké Pelago for my PokéBeans? Because people have been talking about it and I still can't access it.

Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle
Not usually into tactical RPG's, but the innovations this one makes, mostly in movement options, makes me happy. Mostly been rockin' Rabbid Peach on my team for the heals and specializing in the Honey effect to keep enemies where they are. The Rabbids are surprisingly restrained here and don't annoy me like they usually do, so that's a bonus. I can't say the game is really funny, though - it made me chuckle once or twice, but nothing really tickled my funnybone so far. I think I might be getting too old for that weird and zany kind of humour.

Which leads me to...

Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People
Currently on Baddest of the Bands, having done a mostly 100% run on Homestar Ruiner and sped through the critical path on Strong Badia the Free. And I have a lot of thoughts on these games, so sit down with a cup of coffee :P

I start to wonder if maybe I'm too old to appreciate Homestar Runner anymore. Because as much as I like these games for taxing my brain and all the weird puzzles, a lot of the humour doesn't make me laugh like it used to. The writing here is still top-notch, but you can tell TBC had someone looking over their shoulders, since a lot of the dialogue comes off as stilted and, dare I say, forced. There are times when a joke drags out and it makes me roll my eyes, or a character delivers a line in an unnatural way that takes me out of it, and I feel this didn't happen when I first played the games back on WiiWare. The humour comes alive when you manage to pull off a big plot-important quest, but a lot of it just feels like padding, and wherever you find it funny or not really depends on how willing you are to tolerate characters with such extreme personalities. To say nothing of the inherant problem of the player character being Strong Bad, who's whole shtick is being obnoxious and grating. Which is a shame, because I still enjoy the writing, and an adventure game is the right sort of format for these characters to bounce off one another.

That being said, I was using a guide to go for the 100% runs on these things, and I admit that with zero shame. Because the developer who decided you needed the hints turned on to trigger the event that raises one of your arbitrary stats needs to be slapped. That is the worst game design, and I probably won't bother from here on out. Optional costume items don't seem like that much of a reward for rambling around a blank green field with a metal detector.
#5033  September 27, 2017, 10:19:09 pm
    • UK
Also, when the hell do I get Poké Pelago for my PokéBeans?

After you beat the next trial.

Whilst I'm here:

Sonic Mania (PS4...and Switch)
10/10 game. Exactly the kick up the ass SEGA needed. now watch them piss it away with Forces
#5034  September 30, 2017, 07:14:04 pm
kyuuyaku megami tensei (mt1)
corridors! corridors everywhere! if this game's purpose is to slowly eat away at your mind, it's doing a good job at it.
other than that, it's not a bad game. you recruit demons to help you fight the devil (who the main character (un?)accidentally summoned on the world through a program he wrote) in a traditional turn based rpg gameplay. the random encounters are plentiful but thank good for the auto battle option, which speeds up the battle considerably.
i just wish it was in an over the top view instead of first person and had more variety in the environments.
I'm going to let god handle you people ✞
#5035  September 30, 2017, 07:16:24 pm
I tried Metroid Prime with motion controls.

Why did they do this
#5036  September 30, 2017, 08:39:10 pm
  • ↑←↑
  • Dream-Colored Chaser
    • Bosnia and Herzegovina

i just wish it was in an over the top view instead of first person and had more variety in the environments.
Same
1st person controls are okay in Persona 1 and Strange Journey but in MT1-2 and SMT1-2 it just looks weird because all areas look the same and the map is hidden behind several menus
#5037  October 03, 2017, 07:08:05 pm
  • Pixel Animator
  • "I'm done trying with you."
    • USA
Persona 3 PES

I played this game back in 2008 and got the bad ending. I accepted it back then cause I hadn't played any game like Persona before and it just felt like such a drag. So, playing it again to do it right, now that I've beated P5 and I've pretty much forgotten all the story of P3.

Got to say, the music's just as good as I remember. The gameplay's still a nice turn-based journey (though the OHKOs are still aggravating) and the story's still good! I'm almost into July thus far.

I tried Metroid Prime with motion controls.

Why did they do this
Really? I found it great! Like, as good as Gamecube. totally separate game, but works just as well

lui

#5038  October 03, 2017, 11:05:17 pm
    • USA
Jak and Daxter

Man i love all the detail and love they put into the character designs and the overworld
#5039  October 04, 2017, 06:55:07 pm
  • More blood and gore please.
    • USA
    • johncrystal00@embarqmail.com
Killing Floor 2
#5040  October 05, 2017, 02:42:17 am
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
Cuphead

This game is an absolute work of art.  I mean... just goddamn.  The amount of care and effort and love that went into every single facet of this game is just astounding.