YesNoOk

Himura Kenshin Update 05/01/10 (Read 73102 times)

Started by Aoshi24, April 24, 2010, 11:11:04 pm
Share this topic:
Himura Kenshin Update 05/01/10
#1  April 24, 2010, 11:11:04 pm
    • soulandsword.ruroken.com
Here is the updated Himura Kenshin as of May 01, 2010.  I apologize to those who already downloaded the previous version last week, but I guarantee that you will want to download this version.  This version is definitely better in terms of chain attacks and speed/flow than the previous version.  The following are things that were added/updated/fixed:

- Faster animations for some basic attacks
- Better chain-ability and damage dampener
- Added new sounds; Do Ryu Sen and Sou Ryu Sen (Thanks to blah of MugenGuild)
- Fixed Ryu kan sen tsumuji slide and battou jutsu close attack
- After battou jutsu, you can follow it up with tsumuji (QCF+kick) and then arashi (QCB+kick) as demonstrated in the videos below
- Fixed kuzu ryu sen Nothitby and priority parameters; cannot be hit by projectiles but can be hit by normal and special attacks
- Fixed amakakeru ryu no hirameki 2.0 bug when missed
- Added vortex effect for amakakeru
- Added slash effects for sword attacks
- Added after-image effect for grab move
- Special win pose vs. Soujiro

Here are a couple of videos on the updated Kenshin:

Kenshin (me) vs Shishio (AI)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SsGfXkcprQE

Kenshin (me) vs. Aoshi (AI)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Vl9ETUsbgo

Kenshin (me) vs Soujiro (AI)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iuCAhsUO0uk

Again the following thanks goes to the following:
- Warner for letting me use his sprites. 
- Ryon and DanMT for hosting.
- Cybaster and crew from Mugenguild for feedback
- Blah for additional kenshin sound bytes

Get the latest updates here:

Himura Kenshin Update 05/01/10
http://www.mediafire.com/?m0eknmwnfq4

Seta Soujiro Update 04/24/10
http://www.mediafire.com/?gkz1ztgntml

Shinomori Aoshi Update 04/24/10
http://www.mediafire.com/?d2gnnjg5ud1

My RK characters are also hosted here:

http://danmt-lair.blogspot.com/
http://www.mugenfreeforall.com/index.php/characters/
Re: Himura Kenshin Release and Aoshi/Soujiro Updates!
#2  April 24, 2010, 11:17:39 pm
  • MUGEN THe DReam COme TRue
Good Job dude!! This Saito looks promising
#3  April 25, 2010, 01:11:07 am
  • Rurouni Fan
  • The dream is nothing yet drive us to the end.
    • www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLaWlQGjKyJWoXxMR8nrea7P4R9C0JnA-_
One day someone will rip the Inuyasha stages... Not today nor tomorrow, probably not even in this decade. But you know, someday... :')

Did you play the new
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

DM

#4  April 25, 2010, 01:38:02 am
    • Brazil
    • www.rickiecreations.paodemugen.com.br
What about some snapshots? :D
#5  April 25, 2010, 01:52:30 am
  • That damn Tapir still haunts my dreams.
Right now that Saito you're working on looks like a spriteswap of a Last Blade character. I'm sure it's not, but that's what I thought based on first glance. You said it yourself, you're using Washizuka as a base. My bad for not reading the comments. :P

Also, that Kenshin looks really, really nice, actually. Nice to see good use of Warner's sprites for once, considering he can't make a good character for shit. :V

I'ma test it out and let you know about it in my next post, k?

Man, Dong Hwan, you've really got a lot of wax in that ear of yours.
#6  April 25, 2010, 03:40:40 am
  • SNK is life
AMAKAKERU RYU NO HIRAMEKI :buttrox:

This sure brings back memories, thanks for updating these!
#7  April 25, 2010, 04:36:35 am
Well after going through Kenshin, this is some piece of work. his actions are smooth and the sounds that go with it are perfect. now, for the problems...

There are no major coding errors, just a few problems that gets Kenshin his ass beat by any weak enemy.

-It's difficult to pull off a single combo, I cant quite explain it. Doing a simple 4 hit combo is hard to do. most of his attacks are 1 hitters and they dont do much damage.

-the moves may be smooth, but the speed of each attack feels.... slow. I can feel the slow transition from one attack to another.

-When Kenshin's attack gets blocked, he leaves himself open for too long.

Like I said, no Major stuff. It just feels like I am fighting handicapped. I have a hard time beating weak enemies with this kenshin.
#8  April 25, 2010, 04:39:02 am
  • show me a sane man and i will cure him =)
    • Mexico
    • davidlinkanimestages.webs.com/index.htm
reminds me samurai showdown ukyo type char  :sugoi:

anime stage maker since 2009
I want no blood from that girl doctor--not until we're both sweaty and naked and shes  screaming my name. >_<
#9  April 25, 2010, 06:07:49 am
  • That damn Tapir still haunts my dreams.
Damage is alright, no flaws in the coding, this is a pretty solid character. I agree with what Tuggie said, certain moves feel kinda slow. I personally don't like his standing Z. It feels a tad bit slow to me.

Man, Dong Hwan, you've really got a lot of wax in that ear of yours.
#10  April 25, 2010, 06:14:21 am
  • StormEX
  • | Content Creator | Gamer | Programmer |
    • USA
    • Twitch.tv/ZayOsirisGaming
Hmm, this looks rather interesting. :)
#11  April 25, 2010, 06:35:26 am
(yea those do sound like minor problems a quick edit would fix.... maybe he  got beaten up cuz he had to go take a leak ..maybe he waz thinkin about karou's *nice body*. My only ""*problem*"" is he can't  taunt lol

...u dont mind if i personally edit a taunt of kenshin using ryu son sen to make cheer-leader pom-poms out of  his ponytail right? (dont worry I never release edited work so nobody will see him doing rediculous things)

3 releases in 1 day ..... its definitely cooler that way  8) ...way to go man ;D.  (I cant imagine what needed improvement besides Aoshi's Kaiten Kenbu Rokuren color loss when compared to kyoto rinne ... but testing these 2 might be fun) Ill check them out sumtime tod...(tomorrow lol)

......btw the scooby snacks bargain has expired (it was a good deal too kono yarou).... which takes us back to the original topic of project himitsu  ( :-X )

-were u referring to the updated soujiro/aoshi  ???             ( :-X 1 scooby snack)

-is it a samuraiX char(s)  ???                                                 ( :-X 1 scooby snack)

-is it a (straight) One_Piece (blade user/joke char)  ??? (wishful thinking)     \/
                                                                                             ( :-X 1 scooby snack)

-does it involve fusing both kenshins with 2 modes switchable in battle  ??? (each mode reflecting warner or Aoshi24's version (warner's 1st main version has sum gr8 NON_Infinity long combos ..while urz reflects the anime with fewer combo hits ..and a sexy alternate kuzu ryusen with the sound effects)
soujiro is still 1 of the most variable mugen char tho ...found about 50+ different attack patterns with the old soujiro....(and if u hold back hez not cheap either)  ...but fuse those 2 kenshin's and they may hold a candle to him for variation.  \/
                        ( :-X  3 scooby snax)

-will Saito be finished b4 youkai's Gaara ? (ie b4 WW3?)        [joudan ;D]
#12  April 25, 2010, 06:43:22 am
  • StormEX
  • | Content Creator | Gamer | Programmer |
    • USA
    • Twitch.tv/ZayOsirisGaming
I'm sorry. Wait? :S
#13  April 25, 2010, 07:04:41 am
  • "The Future is Now"
all your links were sent to your PM box.

also, your characters made me search youtube for the match between Kenshin and Soujiro lol.

anyways.. maybe its me but i cant seem to play that well with them, but the AI handles them perfectly fine.
also maaaaannnn your Soujiro is intense, i watched him fight he plays so fast and SOOO awesome! very original to the anime.
#14  April 25, 2010, 07:28:52 am
all your links were sent to your PM box.

also, your characters made me search youtube for the match between Kenshin and Soujiro lol.

anyways.. maybe its me but i cant seem to play that well with them, but the AI handles them perfectly fine.
also maaaaannnn your Soujiro is intense, i watched him fight he plays so fast and SOOO awesome! very original to the anime.

Believe me, it ain't just you that has a hard time handling Kenshin. AANNNDD I fought againt Soujiro, I went from "Lets rock" to "wtf is happening?" instantly. I mean, this is Mugen, not a complete reenactment of the show. Because what I last recall, Kenshin would have got his ass kicked unless he pulled off his ultimate attack.
#15  April 25, 2010, 08:56:18 am
  • Loading....Loading.....Error
Samurai X was one of my fav animes back in the day. I shall give it a test.

- Kenshin is still too slow. For frikk's sake I can't chain anything on him.
- I took a look at some of these attacks and boy they're a chorse to do. A three button QCF for a level 1 DM? Not cool. it would be fine if its QCF + ,Y, or Z, not all of them. A level 2 would be QCFx2 + X+Y and a level 3 could be QCF + three attack buttons or HCF x2 + 2 attack buttons.
- His dodge is spammable to the max with little or no cooldown.

-Aoishi has invincibility frames at the startup of his what the hell teleport move... which also shouldn't bring him all the way across the screen as well.
- He's Xbox huge hitbox on his running sword slash move. Which pretty much also gives him priority up the damn arse. Also...I CAN'T COUNTER HIM WHEN HE'S IN THIS MOVE?! God damn it that just makes Aoshi cheap!
- Though you can destroy his sword projectiles, the timing of them needs to be bigger or he should just throw one. The timing of the two are so close together that after destroying one, the second one hits anyway.
- attacks that are supposed to stun do not stun him! WTF

Also, both lack a start up for their LVL3 specials. Though the damage output is fair, the character's speed is ridiculous. After the pause/special effects screen, it just instantly hits you. WHICH IS EFFING CHEAP!

I made this sig. :ninja:

Props to a friend for my avvie
Last Edit: April 25, 2010, 11:12:39 am by ecthelionv2@hotmail.com
#16  April 25, 2010, 04:32:23 pm
alright here's a small patch that i made
here's what i did
- added sound of do-ryu-sen and sou-ryu-sen when executing the moves
- added sound for a more dramatic version of kuzu-ryu-sen sound, however did not replace the original one as i couldn't seem to get the timing right, it usually continues playing after kenshin has sheathed his sword, but if i change the trigger1 of animelem, it could make the hiten-mitsurugi-ryu speech end before it could finish completely :S
- edited the AIR file slightly for kuzu-ryu-sen's word flashes, because at present the words finish flashing before the sound effect ends, so adjusted it a bit to match better

the sound that i've added are grouped as 999. hope it helps whoever finds it useful and interesting
i actually ripped these sounds for the earlier version of kenshin as the previous one lack voices of kenshin himself :)

download: http://www.sendspace.com/file/x3j7p3

EDIT: i did not notice aoshi24 had a fixed version of kenshin, the one that i worked on was the earlier version so i won't be posting another patch, just extract the snd file, and to change those sounds in kenshin.cns (for do-ryu-sen and sou-ryu-sen),  search "Do Ryu Sen" and under [State 200, 1], replace the "s5, 8" with "s999, 1" and for "Sou Ryu Sen", its under [State 201, 0] then replace "s5, 7" with "s999, 2"
the sound for kuzu-ryu-sen is in super2.cns and if you want to replace it, search for "s10, 7" and replace it with "s999, 0"
and for the fix of the AIR file animation for kuzu-ryu-sen, search for "kuzu ryu sen bg" and then you see a list of numbers, change the "3" at the end to "5" for all the list, eg:
original: 8100,1, 0,0, 3
change to: 8100,1, 0,0, 5
so i repeat, only extract the snd file and not the AIR and CNS file! sorry for the confusion
Last Edit: April 25, 2010, 05:04:51 pm by blah
#17  April 25, 2010, 05:22:15 pm
I tried using Shin by Ahuron. (Tried Drowin's crap...which I have to figure out how to nerf, same thing.)

As for speed, not so good. I'd stick to being able to see them at least, not some instant hit.

and not all of us use controllers for playing. some of us still use keyboards. Besides, I ain't gonna tamper with the cmd for God knows what I'm going to mess up.

#18  April 25, 2010, 05:30:53 pm
    • soulandsword.ruroken.com
Ok, I will test my characters vs all Ahuron characters to see what's wrong for future updates.  As for the commands, I'll probably release a separate CMD patch in the future when I get the chance.  I don't know if I will ever touch the level 3 supers because (a) I'm stubborn, (b) I'm lazy, or (c) both..   ;)

Thanks again for the feedback man.. even though you curse a lot. lol  :P
#19  April 25, 2010, 05:38:18 pm
:P

Aside from touching my childhood favorite anime? Yeah...that's pretty much why the semi rageness. Ruroni Kenshin's the reason why i still like readong manga and watching anime to this day...amidst the Narutard fandom and other crazy anime fandoms.

Challenging and tough ai is tough..especially Aoshi, since he's got dem issues with his pals getting killed by a gattling gun.

EDIT: Nevermind about the stun thing.  It doesn't always work on all characters, only those with the hit-stun thing.

And if you're wondering...I'm usng Hokuto no Ken chars so you can use Yuda and Toki by Nericya as well.

And yeah... I'm not kidding once more. Aoshi is still invincible in both versions of his charging slashes. Can't counter him on both using projectiles or specials.

Last Edit: April 25, 2010, 05:56:39 pm by ecthelionv2@hotmail.com
#20  April 25, 2010, 06:18:23 pm
  • The Supreme Fist
    • cfkm-media.weebly.com/
Awesome,,bitchin characters haven't come out in awhile.
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Your sig is too big. Max sig size is 600x200 pixels.