YesNoOk

Valentine's Day: Should I? (Read 7662 times)

Started by TRUEMicah, February 10, 2014, 07:26:36 pm
Share this topic:
Valentine's Day: Should I?
#1  February 10, 2014, 07:26:36 pm
  • Old Young Man
  • Smile, you're still alive. :)
    • USA
    • www.facebook.com/truemicah
I've been seeing this woman who I've had a crush on since High school for a little over two weeks now.
We see each other often, talk 24/7, extremely corny around one another, etc.  In short, she is awesome.

Anyways, because Valentine's Day is coming up and I'll be deploying in nearly 8 weeks, I've considered taking her out.  Part of me feels as if I'm jumping the gun because although we were friends in Highschool, we've technically only been talking for about two weeks.
Another part of me believes that I may not have another opportunity to take her on a real date.  There is no telling where our "relationship" will lie between my deployment and when I return home. 

What would you do in this scenario?
Re: Valentine's Day: Should I?
#2  February 10, 2014, 07:33:09 pm
  • Updated my journal.
    • Finland
Go for it.
"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."

"Okay, okay. So you put a Nazi on the Moon. Fuck you, Moon."
#3  February 10, 2014, 07:35:56 pm
    • USA
    • reddlunchbox.tumblr.com/mugen/
Go for it.  Either it works or, as long as you're not a complete douchenozzle about it, everything generally turns out fine if you get turned down.
#4  February 10, 2014, 07:44:44 pm
What they said...
You could wind up having regrets if you don't.

That said, only do it if she's who you truly want. If you're hesitant that she's the right one (or feel that it's best to preserve your friendship), don't pressure yourself into it.
#5  February 10, 2014, 07:49:36 pm
  • I am become Death, Destroyer of Tiers
    • UK
    • Skype - ultima138
Go for it.
Worse scenario, she says no and you remain friends
Best scenario,  she says yes and you have an awesome memory to help you through your time.

All in all, you'll never know until you ask.
#6  February 10, 2014, 08:12:22 pm
  • I will absolve you of your original colors.
I've been seeing this woman who I've had a crush on since High school for a little over two weeks now.
We see each other often, talk 24/7, extremely corny around one another, etc.  In short, she is awesome.

Anyways, because Valentine's Day is coming up and I'll be deploying in nearly 8 weeks, I've considered taking her out.  Part of me feels as if I'm jumping the gun because although we were friends in Highschool, we've technically only been talking for about two weeks.
Another part of me believes that I may not have another opportunity to take her on a real date.  There is no telling where our "relationship" will lie between my deployment and when I return home. 

What would you do in this scenario?

It may be too late. By now she only sees you as a source of entertainment, compliments, and validation -- AKA the friend zone. What you should do is use the time you have left to build some intimate attraction, not some friendship attraction. A date based on friendship attraction is just two friends hanging out.

Since you need a reversal, it will take more than 4 weeks. You should be kissing/sexing or trying to kiss /sex a girl within 3 days of deciding that you want something more than friendship from her, otherwise cease contact until you grow a pair.

Also, Valentine's Day is a horrible time to ask out a girl that you've been talking to. You haven't kissed her, sexed her, or anything in between, so unless she's lonely (she won't be if she's attractive), you asking her on a date will just validate her attractiveness to her benefit; and since you're her friend, she'll nicely decline your offer to pay for her mortgage food on the v-date, insuring that your feelings aren't hurt too bad to the point at which you WON'T continue to supply her with your attention.

Since you don't know what you're doing, use proven methods to reverse friendship to intimacy. If after trying to build attraction she isn't attracted to you, then abandon her and move on to the next girl who your brain tells you is special (hint, no girl is special until she proves it by treating you like you're special). To build intimacy from friendship you have to destroy friendship.

Talking for two weeks is weak game. Step your game up. Good luck.

Posted: February 10, 2014, 08:13:23 pm
as long as you're not a complete douchenozzle
His chances are higher if he's a complete douchenozzle about it, but only if that douchenozzleness is supplemented by good manners and social standing.
Last Edit: February 10, 2014, 08:38:58 pm by Rajaa
#7  February 10, 2014, 08:18:27 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
relationship topics are always fun.
#8  February 10, 2014, 08:20:32 pm
  • i will meditate and then write a really epic post
  • jai ho
    • Skype - executivepetrel
    • kawaiikings.net
This has been Rajaa, certified Internet badass
youtube
●▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬♥๑۩۩๑♥▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬●
Put this on the profile of people who are known/wanted terrorists
that were involved in the September 11th attacks in 2001
- courtesy of Iced
#9  February 10, 2014, 08:22:27 pm
  • RISSSSSSIIIIINNNNGGGGG TACO!!!
    • USA
DO IT! and if shes down, make a move! if you don't there is no escaping the friend zone!
Unless you are way in deep, does she even know you like her in that way, please say yes?? or all maybe lost!
#10  February 10, 2014, 08:25:11 pm

here's my advice from experience:
don't ask for advice on the internet. you're asking basically complete strangers who barely know you. their advice might be not very useful. ask people close to you. or don't. just go with your gut feeling. take more risks and learn about these things by yourself.
#11  February 10, 2014, 08:25:35 pm
  • Complex
    • Panama
    • Skype - lopezantispam@hotmail.com
That was some great advice Dr. Rajaalove.
#12  February 10, 2014, 08:27:09 pm
  • (´ー`)ノ
Yeah I prefer what TItiln said myself.
#13  February 10, 2014, 08:32:04 pm
  • 10/10
  • Cynical Ironic Shitposting and lotsa Depression
    • Bosnia and Herzegovina
Rajaa go write a book or something and then send it to me.
#14  February 10, 2014, 08:32:19 pm
  • i will meditate and then write a really epic post
  • jai ho
    • Skype - executivepetrel
    • kawaiikings.net
here's my advice from experience:
don't ask for advice on the internet. you're asking basically complete strangers who barely know you. their advice might be not very useful. ask people close to you. or don't. just go with your gut feeling. take more risks and learn about these things by yourself.
This lol

Assess your own situation and knowledge of the relationship. Even weak game can still be played homie
youtube
Put this on the profile of people who are known/wanted terrorists
that were involved in the September 11th attacks in 2001
- courtesy of Iced
Last Edit: February 10, 2014, 08:38:32 pm by Umezono
#15  February 10, 2014, 08:37:11 pm
  • Complex
    • Panama
    • Skype - lopezantispam@hotmail.com
But yeah Titiln is right. Asking for advice on that matter on a mugen forum (or the internet itself for that matter) isn´t exactly a good idea.
#16  February 10, 2014, 08:40:11 pm
I don't necessarily agree, but I can see why taking advice from the internet isn't recommended.

Rajaa is a boss btw.
#17  February 10, 2014, 08:58:05 pm
  • RISSSSSSIIIIINNNNGGGGG TACO!!!
    • USA
#18  February 10, 2014, 08:59:13 pm
Don't go with your gut feelings. Your gut feelings are frowned upon in this day in age because women don't need protection or resources from men anymore since they get it from society as a whole. Your gut feelings (AKA instincts) will tell you to provide for her and defend her illogically. Also, women will see your gut feelings as weak and you'll end up friend zoned and only used when another man who played his game right isn't giving her a run for her money. Your gut feelings (defender, provider, leader) have been socialized, mostly in part by feminism, to be part of the patriarchal system that strips women of their independence. Women will see this as you revering her too much and just being a complete sap who can be discarded for the dozens of other men who are willing to take your place.

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

You should, however, take more risks. Become deaf to rejection and learn what makes girls tick by trial and error. It doesn't hurt to get advice from the internet. Many men have been through the same thing you are going through now, your situation isn't unique in the slightest.

But if you really have to have this girl (you'll experience this feeling of a girl being special with every attractive girl who talks to you 24/7 for two weeks, so I don't know why you would absolutely have to have her), then don't risk it. Keep gaming her enough so you remain in the game, but also take risks with other girls. You'll become better with women and she'll like you more because more women means less attention for her. Of course, if she does react to you giving her less attention, she may fight harder to regain your attention, but it may be just so she can have that validation, not because you successfully got her sprung on you.
Last Edit: February 10, 2014, 09:14:34 pm by Rajaa
#19  February 10, 2014, 09:15:32 pm
  • Updated my journal.
    • Finland
Lesson of today: All women are upward streams and you are the salmon.
"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."

"Okay, okay. So you put a Nazi on the Moon. Fuck you, Moon."
#20  February 10, 2014, 09:18:15 pm
Men are upward streams too. Sex is what happens when those streams collide with each other at the top. Men game and women game are different. I don't help the other team, though. That would be detrimental to all men.

Fuck you, Steve Harvey.