YesNoOk

[Ougon Musou Kyoukai] Furudo Erika released by baggy (16/06/2013) (Read 16806 times)

Started by i_oVo_i, June 16, 2013, 12:23:31 pm
Share this topic:
[Ougon Musou Kyoukai] Furudo Erika released by baggy (16/06/2013)
#1  June 16, 2013, 12:23:31 pm
  • ◄ フェニックス・エンドソング►
    • Indonesia
Re: [Ougon Musou Kyoukai] Furudo Erika released by baggy (16/06/2013)
#2  June 16, 2013, 12:33:51 pm
  • Palette God? Champion? AntiChrist? Something.
  • I AM THE KING OF PALETTES!!
    • USA
All these years later and Baggy finally learned that there was, in fact, a Umineko fighting game with sprites that looked decent.  Downloading, hopefully this plays like the damn game and not like his other characters. 

Posted: June 16, 2013, 12:43:28 pm
I'm pretty impressed at how thorough Baggy was here, he coded the fading in on the HUD at the start of the round, the movement of HUD things most people forget, the scrolling text on Metaworld.....I think this one might lag some peoples' machines.  It seems like she can't dash cancel though, and her meta super doesn't seem to be there.

Posted: June 16, 2013, 12:46:58 pm
No it's there, it completely slipped my mind that it was an aerial move.  Whoops.
#3  June 16, 2013, 12:50:26 pm
  • Back to the Beginnings
    • https://discord.gg/hnyK7JZ
That...sounds like good feedback.
And it is a character by Baggy.
Did he really improved at long last?
Can we get the chance of Baggy also improving his old chars?
===My discord servers===
Unlimited Force HQ: https://discord.gg/hnyK7JZ
Mega Man Megamix Engine Help Server: https://discord.gg/Wjm9GYU

Touhou database (by Ryouchi):
http://mugenfreeforall.com/index.php?/topic/8257-touhou-project/
you are all small and can't grow manly sideburns
#4  June 16, 2013, 08:29:44 pm
  • I see you.
    • www.mugenfreeforall.com
this is a good char by baggy amazingly the only problem is shes missing more palletes she has only one.

You'll fix chuchoryu ? Sounds like a plan. How about you code him from scratch instead ?
#5  June 16, 2013, 09:26:32 pm
    • Canada
    • www.mugencoder.com
At most she only has two palettes in the game, so it isn't a big deal.
@MC2 - the scrolling text metaworld only applies to Ange, it never applies to any other characters. And odd, she can't dash cancel? I can fix that =3.
Though, he still put too much hitstun in  each hit, though I don't remember if she has a dash cancel. o-o
Last Edit: June 16, 2013, 09:34:02 pm by SXVector
#6  June 16, 2013, 09:35:15 pm
  • I see you.
    • www.mugenfreeforall.com
id love a misa amane pallete for her.

You'll fix chuchoryu ? Sounds like a plan. How about you code him from scratch instead ?
#7  June 16, 2013, 09:38:01 pm
    • Canada
    • www.mugencoder.com
Sadly to say.. her palette is pretty huge and unorganized...
#8  June 16, 2013, 09:38:29 pm
    • Puerto Rico
    • www.youtube.com/user/Darkflares
All these years later and Baggy finally learned that there was, in fact, a Umineko fighting game with sprites that looked decent.

He's known for a while given that he's been editting said sprites for his recent creations.
#9  June 16, 2013, 09:41:20 pm
  • PSN&Steam: ViBeZ8282/Le-Fiction
    • USA
    • vonthegreat653@hotmail.com
looks like I know who's gonna get some of my Palette Magic
#10  June 16, 2013, 09:55:36 pm
    • Canada
    • www.mugencoder.com
I'm curious, does this sprite serve any purpose because in his nicovideos I haven't seen this being used? Also there's a sprite edit of Ange and Battler.

- Pretty neat on how he used lucifer as a base for her head/hair and either virgilia/beatrice clothes outline.
#11  June 16, 2013, 10:04:32 pm
  • Double-Crosser
  • I'm not standing out. This isn't weird at all.
    • USA
Alright, considering I play this game a lot in my spare time, he got quite few things wrong. Namely, for her aerial attacks, instead of cancelling animations so that they can combo, he decided to instead decrease the gravity in Erika's falling. This is really stupid and makes her feel floaty when she fights. The timings for her Meta Super animation is wrong as well, and I guess I have to play this on widescreen because it looks like crap otherwise.

Also for some more stupidity, her localcoord is 400, and her scaling is .5 . Despite the fact that scaling at this size is wrong (it makes her way shorter than she should be), why would the creator force the character sprite to a resolution it shouldn't be in only to scale it down manually afterwards?

I give this char a big fat thumbs down.
#12  June 16, 2013, 11:39:36 pm
    • USA
Also for some more stupidity, her localcoord is 400, and her scaling is .5 . Despite the fact that scaling at this size is wrong (it makes her way shorter than she should be), why would the creator force the character sprite to a resolution it shouldn't be in only to scale it down manually afterwards?

I assume Baggy wants the character played on a localcoord that emulates OMK's native resolution.
#13  June 16, 2013, 11:49:54 pm
  • Double-Crosser
    • USA
So make localcoord be 800, and scaling be 1! Still looks awkward as hell, and you know something's wrong when the char is significantly smaller than KFM.

I did some side-by-side comparisons with some of Guilty Gear X sprites, and I'm pretty convinced the Ougon sprites are just double-res sprites on higher-res stages.

Also after more tests, Erika's way too combo-friendly compared to how she plays in Ougon, mostly because of said floatiness.

I found ONE positive: When fighting her, if she declares Metaworld, your character can do a Reversal Meta by pushing two attack buttons and lose one meter of super power. It's pretty neat and if I didn't hate the char so much, I'd try to code compatibility for it into my chars.
Last Edit: June 16, 2013, 11:57:22 pm by Jango Hakamichi
#14  June 17, 2013, 12:23:51 am
  • Just a butcher on a mission
    • www.justnopoint.com/lbends
Jango told me to get this character because it would be fun HE'S A DAMN LIAR don't listen to him

#15  June 17, 2013, 01:02:07 am
  • Double-Crosser
    • USA
Oh lawdy is that a song from Sam and Max Hit the Road playing? <3
#16  June 17, 2013, 02:07:29 am
    • Canada
    • www.mugencoder.com
Welp, I made an edit to prevent those errors. HE should of added air.cornerpush and made them bigger too. Also edited his hit stuns and added a dash cancel because she has none... which also involves making the c normals not making them fall. I did them to all or most of her normals, I don't know if specials also have the infinite case.

http://www.mediafire.com/?8nx8cf5ixu1obc6

It's a good character, he just doesn't prioritize in fixing infinites or tried fixing them..
Last Edit: June 17, 2013, 02:20:36 am by SXVector
#17  June 17, 2013, 03:06:23 am
  • Double-Crosser
    • USA
She still has decreased velocities when she hits the opponent in mid-air, which doesn't happen in the game at all.
#18  June 17, 2013, 03:08:06 am
    • Canada
    • www.mugencoder.com
Oh, I guess I'll have to add air.velocities to be higher then, didn't check if he even add increased velocities (will do thanks).

Posted: June 17, 2013, 03:28:31 am
Sry for bump, but I edited the air velocities to be more positive when hit in air.
DL:
http://www.mediafire.com/?8nx8cf5ixu1obc6
#19  June 17, 2013, 07:22:08 pm
  • Unity of Hearts
    • Spain
I honestly didn't use Erika that much in OMK, but it's impossible not to notice what Jango commented about her decreased velocities and low gravity. I do hope your patch solves that.
#20  June 17, 2013, 09:28:35 pm
  • Double-Crosser
    • USA
One other thing I should point out that isn't too apparent in training mode, but baggy did three things that are DEADLY together.

- Increased damage output from source game
- Increased comboability
- Didn't adjust power gain for said damage increases.

The result is that Erika can do long elaborate combos that wouldn't have been possible in the source, do a shitload of damage in them (like half a lifebar amount of damage at least), and ALWAYS have super to do something in any given situation. It also doesn't help that she can gain control the exact tick she lands. For example, it's possible to do her special counter to avoid damage, attack, then trigger it again with no delay (I've gotten her AI to do this five times in a row).

And don't get me started on Dlanor being completely invincible when attacking until her attack is over.

Long story short, you're probably better off stealing the sprites and making a new version altogether.
#21  June 17, 2013, 09:36:46 pm
  • EL FUCKO GRANDE
  • I'm back, nerds
    • Canada
Or one of you could just directly tell Baggy about it because he has a BBS just for that.

I would if I cared for OMK conversions in the slightest, but I just can't stand to see Baggy's name being slammed like that for shit he could fix himself.
He could just need to know. I mean, regardless of your own testing as a creator, oversights happen.
#22  June 17, 2013, 10:17:53 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
it depends on
A) him speaking english
B) him bothering to fix stuff, I don't think the japanese would overlook some of the obvious stuff.
#23  June 17, 2013, 10:28:18 pm
    • Hungary
    • seravy.x10.mx/Wordpress
Long story short, you're probably better off stealing the sprites and making a new version altogether.
Sounds like a plan. Too bad I haven't had the time to do it yet for most his previous characters either. I only did 4 of the Higurashi ones out of...I lost count, he made like 15+ already.

Or one of you could just directly tell Baggy about it because he has a BBS just for that.
Does he/ can he read English? I would love to see most/all of his characters in my Mugen but none of them are acceptable quality so I have to make my own versions...

I'm not entirely sure however if that would help. I think he is still living in the state I used to be in 4 years ago in Winmugen times. There was no difficulty level support and most anime characters were overpowered (especially the AI) a lot, some even beyond imagination. If his Mugen is like that, I understand why he makes his stuff to be this broken. I still remember most of his characters were in order=4 in my WinMugen. Order=5 was for the stronger non-boss characters and bosses started at 6 and higher...so half the stuff were more powerful than his.
The only way to get out of that endless circle of brokenness is to get rid of most of the characters which isn't easy to do if 75% of them are like that.
When I made the switch my roster went from 200 characters to like 20, out of which 15+ were my own stuff I updated for difficulty level support. I'm still having less than a quarter of what I used to have back then, but in exchange, it's a lot more fun to play now.
#24  June 17, 2013, 11:16:48 pm
    • USA
I'm reading Baggy's BBS now, and he is very active on there and he has answered a few questions in English.  He does seem to know a little bit of it.  I'd love to help him out but I'm kinda unsure as to how I should word some of this stuff without it getting destroyed by the language barrier.
#25  June 18, 2013, 01:11:01 am
  • EL FUCKO GRANDE
  • I'm back, nerds
    • Canada
Well technically the main issues at hand are the infinites, higher damage output and air normals having very low gravity, no?
Just pointing those out and even Insanius' vid is enough. Visual aid trumps language barriers however the wording comes out.
#26  June 18, 2013, 03:02:37 am
  • Just a butcher on a mission
    • www.justnopoint.com/lbends
If it takes me less than a minute to find an infinite and next to no skill to execute, I'd hardly call it an oversight.
My expectations are pretty high up there but that's what happens when I don't see a BETA tag and it's from someone who's been around for years.
#27  June 18, 2013, 04:52:45 am
    • Canada
    • www.mugencoder.com
He also is missing the dash cancel which  I have coded in, otherwise I would BBS him for feedback if you want me to(Since I know Japanese and all that). Gimme anything you want him to know and I'll contact him.
#28  June 18, 2013, 11:30:24 am
  • Unity of Hearts
    • Spain
You can tell him that the level 2 super doesn't work the same way as in the game. In the game, it knocks you down, and the attack comes right after you stand, which leaves you no option but to block, which is a great super since it allows you to continue the pressure in the corner as there's hardly anything you can do to evade that attack. Baggy scrapped that and decided to make it a super that simply does damage, as it hits you when you're airborne after the low kick.
#29  June 19, 2013, 12:18:54 am
    • Canada
    • www.mugencoder.com
I have contacted baggy, in his BBS. It's the latest one so far, and I'll just wait for his response.