YesNoOk

N00BSaibot718 - Custom Noob Saibot WIP POLL UPDATE (Read 144623 times)

Started by Odb718, July 21, 2016, 12:51:24 pm
Share this topic:

Poll

Should N00b's clones be restricted??

Should I limit the problem clone to be used 1x until P2 hits the ground?
Should I limit ALL the different clones being used 1x per combo?
Should you be allowed to use only one clone 1x per combo?
Should I allow any clone to be used more than 1x after a timer?
Should I allow all of the clones to be reused instantly no matter what happens?
Re: N00BSaibot718 - Custom Noob Saibot WIP POLL UPDATE
#21  September 05, 2016, 01:46:18 am
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
Well, I was thinking about palettes. Wouldn't be hard to have one palette use Smoke and another use the clone.
Either way I dont have any FX for him.

I have an idea for his white blinking when he does the teleport throw. I'll have to make an overlay explode like Ermac has for the Hado Energy.

6 of the 9 specials are in. The 3 that aren't are just edits of 3 so they'll either be EX moves or FP/FK versions. Still deciding on that.

----
I'm looking for anyone who can help create an effect similar to this

For four sprites/poses.
vVv Ryuko718 Updated 10/31/22 vVv
Last Edit: September 11, 2016, 04:36:10 pm by Odb718
#22  November 21, 2016, 12:05:09 pm
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
Thought I'd let you guys know work is still being done on Noob.
I have the Sprites for Noob and the Clone in the same palette but in different spots. So each palette will be easy to edit both sides.

I had an idea for an Ultra/Hyper. Not sure how great it is. Noob opens up the hole in the ground and P2 falls into it. Just like MK9 a second hole opens up and P2 goes from the top of the stage through the hole. But P2 keeps on falling faster and faster. Until there's like a blur/streak of colors, then Noob closes the portal and P2 SLAMS onto the ground and bounces up.
#23  November 21, 2016, 12:54:34 pm
  • Objection! Sustained!
    • Russia
    • mitia.pogorelov1@yandex.ru
Just an idea: If you'll still use 6-button system, then I think it will be nice to make Shadow Slide, Shadow/Saibot Charge and Shadow Upknee like "3 variations of one move". I'm talking about make'em a simular commands:
-Command+LK- Shadow Slide.
-Command+MK- Saibot/Shadow Charge.
-Command+HK- Shadow UpKnee.
#24  November 21, 2016, 07:10:26 pm
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
That's actually exactly how I have it.
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
I was thinking of extending it out to 3 versions per special. Dragon Kick for the Upward kick attack. Fireball with Punch for the tackle. Fireball with kicks for the Slide. I'm not exactly sure if it'll flush out properly. Like if it'll be worth it. The Slide and Run kinda only have/need 1 speed. And the Up Kick isn't going to need multiple angles or heights or anything. I've just personally never liked the same motion+k/p to do different moves. But Noob's got a ton of Special attacks. So fireball with punches is already the Ghost Ball attack so I'd have to move that to something else...
It's 99.999% probability it'll stay the way it is. But I was thinking of bringing EX/Gold versions of the specials to Ermac and Noob. So it'd be really confusing to get all 3 to have EX moves.

I have forward+fp for the Shadow Punch. That little clone attack from MK9. I think I had to make a few sprites for it.

At this point I think the clone(s) popping into the mud effect might just get a general animation for all... 5? attacks. I have a better stand-in than the effect I have now, but it's still pretty awful.

Coming up with Ultras is pretty tough.
Maybe a bunch of ghosts attacking P2? I'd hate to fall back on an ultra version of the regular ghost ball special.
#25  February 11, 2017, 11:47:02 pm
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
Still working on the Noob.
I've come across something. Fighting against people that hover, should they fall into the black hole?
Take BabidiZ2,

This is basically him standing. And other characters that can hover would be  doing the same.

I was wondering, should they fall into the void?
#26  February 11, 2017, 11:49:50 pm
  • Niigasan
yes they should, i would think something like it sucked em down into it. what did you have planned if they didnt fall down it?
#27  February 12, 2017, 03:25:57 pm
    • Spain
    • cidiego@gmail.com
ODB718,
Im a big fan of yours. I love your edits.
I just wanted to thank you very much for sharing them and ask you if you have an MK Reptile's edit on your mind/roster.
Thanks again!
Thank you all for sharing!
#28  February 12, 2017, 04:45:18 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
If you're looking at their stateno make them fall. I don't think flying chars like QBee, Storm, Magnetto, etc should get sucked in while flying

DW

#29  February 12, 2017, 04:55:38 pm
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
Why not? In theory, light can't even escape a black hole. The ability to fly doesn't negate the effect of a black hole imo.
#30  February 12, 2017, 11:36:36 pm
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
See, this is why I asked! I have both thoughts. Like how ever they fly, they may be able to get sucked in. If they push air downward to stay up especially. I think Superman has a type of "locked out from gravity" type flight. Storm is pushing air. Magneto could be locked into something to the side but they say it's usually the Earth's core, so it'd be interrupted by the hole, imo.
I was thinking I could make a couple hitdefs/clsn boxes/helpers so there could be a larger attack height for enemies that are in a stand/crouch state or in a 0-29 state. So even if they have alt-walking numbers it'll catch. I know I have a char that doesn't just use 20 for walking.

I was thinking there could be a way where if the black hole fell on top of P2, he'd be set to fall in it. But that seems like it'd be too much.
Then I was thinking maybe some type of mutant registry list. Where I make a hitdef that will only attack those mutants on the list. A No Fly List if you will...

The Clone Slide attack wiffs, and it should. If the Black Hole missed, he'd be at a very big disadvantage. But it's Mugen and I love that kinda stuff.

What would you guys think if I took it a step farther and said, It could hit but only when the Disabler was active on P2/P4 if they are in flight???

@cidiego:, Thanks for the kind words! I believe there's a Reptile out there. I may do a quick edit. I've got so many characters I'd like to do, and honestly I've never liked Reptile THAT much. But I do like the ideas of his move. So I think if I made my own style Reptile he could be decent. I was thinking Kano or Kung Lao would be next. I used to love Quan Chi in MK4 on N64/Arcade. He was the last guy I mastered and ended up being the best.

@Zhe Prime:, Just the usual when P2 falls in the hole. If you check the video on the first page I think around 0:23 You can see me do the attack. It'll work almost identical.

FX BOUNTY! See if you can help me out & make $$
#31  February 19, 2017, 03:27:13 pm
    • Spain
    • cidiego@gmail.com
Im really happy to see you might consider editing Reptile sometime. If you want my advice, I think Chuchoryu's Reptie sprites (Sean altly's style) are nice, since they have the classic standing pose of Reptile ( Different from Scorpion and SubZero).
On the other hand, Reptile by Binho has an amazing AI and nice moves.
You may want ( if you have the time) to check these two chars to get inspired.
Tell me if I can help, though im very noob to editing yet.
Keep up the amazing work!
#32  February 19, 2017, 04:20:09 pm
  • Gaming Content Creator
  • Nobody Exists
    • Bangladesh
    • aumiokhan@yahoo.com
agreed with what cidiego said ^   and hey! odb718: characters with custom gameplay is most welcomed here. thanks for doing such a great work here. if you agree, you will noted in my coder list who is used to do pots-ish chars and u will be there as "agent" of mk chars. though before i have to earn extra as i already invest a lot in mugen. thanks again buddy.
Sig 1: I am nobody... Neither you... We won't be any matter just after a few years later when we die. Enjoy the happiness and sadness for now.

Sig 2: When someone or, a bunch of people makes fun of you. The total time they invested in making fun of you, is the time they couldn't manage to stay focused on their work or, development. If you care about them, let them know. If you don't, then don't bother. Stay focused on your own business.

Sig 3: You did a mistake and then you simply admit it after realizing your fault. This is one of the coolest things ever you can do in your lifetime.
#33  February 22, 2017, 06:33:50 am
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
Thanks guys!

So after searching on google for weeks, I found Noob Saibot's sound FX. Except a lot of them didn't work and there wasnt any voice(s) included.
I stumbled upon them after going into a random thread here on the forum. A big thank you to tem(A).
The sounds are bringing the character to life.
I've also downloaded the sounds for Ermac, Sub Zero, Scorpion, Rain, Reptile, & Smoke. Just in case the internet goes down and I cant get them and maybe need them one day. (I should probably download ALL of the characters' sounds)
Check out his site here If you're looking for MK9 or just Mortal Kombat sounds poke around. I'm sure the MK9 sounds could be used for a ton of stuff.

I have the next 2 days off so hopefully I make a ton of progress. 

I may have another update to post by friday =]
#34  June 27, 2017, 06:17:18 pm
    • Spain
    • cidiego@gmail.com
Hey ODB718, hows that Noob saibot doing? Do you need any kind of help I can provide ?
#35  December 15, 2017, 02:25:00 am
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
Surprise! I'm still working on N00B.
I've taken care of a few bugs, and overall actions, of the Disabler. Right now if the Disabler hits, and a second one is attempted N00B just gets pushed back and nothing happens. In other MK games I think if you attempted the move nothing happens. Like you dont even get to mess up. This way it leaves him wide open for P2 to attack. Hopefully this will stop people from spamming it. The mess-up state is 30 tics so it's a good amount of being open.
I _think_ I read a post in Dev Help about how to affect P2's input commands. If I can find it, I think I'm going to make a Disabler Ultra that messes up P2 for a LONG period of time. I'm thinking close to 1 minute or maybe longer. This way P2 can end up getting used to being backwards, and then have to adjust out of it going back to normal.

I dont really have any good Ultras planned for him. That coupled with the lack of FX sprites is why dev'ing on him has slowed to a crawl.
Not sure if I've mentioned it, but I've duplicated his Brutality from MK3 or MKU? I forget what game exactly.. I may add an extra bit to it if it kills P2 in the final round. Similar to Ermac's Brutality.

Maybe an Ultra where N00B spams a TON of black holes and if you fall in one you keep falling and falling through the other ones. Depending on if you got around them and say you got hit by the 4th one, you'd take less damage because the fall speed would be less? He could shoot out 10 and if you only got hit by the last one it'd only do like 50% damage? 2 would be 55%, 3 = 60%?
#36  December 15, 2017, 05:40:10 am
  • Robotics Engineer
    • USA
    • altoiddealer@gmail.com
I like the idea for the black hole ultra!  Maybe have him teleport and smash the enemy when he/she bounces off the ground?

#37  December 15, 2017, 10:19:55 am
  • I'm behind you!!!
I believe that if it would hit the victim a second time it would backfire on Noob causing the effect to be inflicted upon himself so as to create a way for players to think about not spamming.
#38  January 04, 2018, 12:41:56 pm
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
The mutli-teleport-hole ultra doesn't seem like the fall for a few seconds versions will be the final one.
N00b shoots out 10 spots on both sides of him, completely covering the floor. It seems random but once you've seen it 3 times you know where they'll be. Any character with a double jump will pretty much be immune to it if they're not already on their 2nd jump. Ryu with a basic Air Fireball would easily be able to avoid it. A number of ways to get around it.

I'm thinking a mash-up of Scorpion's Hell Hole ultra could work. If you time it right and it get's P2, the hell hole opens up. I was thinking N00b could actually jump in the hole also. This gives him something to do while P2 is being beaten up.

The multi-fall ultra just isn't that great. I think the hell hole will be a lot cooler.

Any other ultra ideas?
#39  January 04, 2018, 12:59:08 pm
  • Objection! Sustained!
    • Russia
    • mitia.pogorelov1@yandex.ru
Well, I somehow sure, that a variation of Noob's X-Ray from MK9 shall work.

No need to keep it very same, but something of "One holds- Other damages" type will work.
Also, you could really look into some of his fatalities to downgrade to Supers. I personally think you could really use his "Deception" fatality with Shirukens (0:53) as a variation of Shinkuu Hadoken, it's basic enough to be undeadly move. Also that First Fatality in the video gives me a right feeling...
#40  January 04, 2018, 01:05:58 pm
    • USA
    • YouTube.com/MugenX000
Something I just thought of while reading that, but how about something like Noob launching a shadow ball at the opponent and that causes two portals above and below and have them keep falling, then after a few loops of them falling, Saibot either does the teleport punch into the opponent as their falling, or he throws the opponent into Noob and Noob launches them with a shadow uppercut.

Another kind of basic idea, but you could have Noob and Saibot kind of sandwich the opponent and do a kind of combo attack with the both of them on the opposite side, then jump back and both of them launch some kind of super shadow ball at the opponent after?