YesNoOk

GOTENKS Z2 RELEASED! (Read 57886 times)

Started by Balthazar, January 12, 2018, 06:31:57 pm
Share this topic:
Re: GOTENKS Z2 RELEASED!
#41  January 14, 2018, 10:26:09 pm
  • Idea!
    • USA
I just tested it, it doesnt seem to appear on 1280 x 720, but it does appear on 640 X 480.

The reason it doesn't seem to appear at the bottom is because you have to adjust it's positioning.  Open the config.txt file and look for this:

; SSJ2 GAUGE - X AXIS
[State 5900, 3]
type = VarSet
trigger1 = 1
v = 45
;#####################################################################################################################
;## Set the value to move the SSJ2 Gauge to a position that suits you (X Axis in this case). A positive value means
;## forward (to the middle of the screen), a negative value means backward (to the border of the screen).
;## Default value is 0.
value = 0

; SSJ2 GAUGE - Y AXIS
[State 5900, 3]
type = VarSet
trigger1 = 1
v = 46
;#####################################################################################################################
;## Set the value to move the SSJ2 Gauge to a position that suits you (Y Axis in this case). A positive value means
;## upward, a negative value means downward.
;## Default value is 0.
value = 0

Adjust the values.  Hope this helps ^..^
#42  January 15, 2018, 09:19:07 am
I really love all your work guys :) I have all your dbz characters :) I would love to donate more to help you more but for the next 9 months this won't be possible.

Good luck with your future characters.
#43  January 15, 2018, 10:12:50 am
Amazing how you bring out the playfulness of gotenks perfectly. Great job! Thankfully mugen still has awesome creators like yall. Not only awesome, but the smart kind of awesome.

I have an idea where during the super galactica donut, player can input command to enter an uncontrollable state that actually does the nostalgic final slam dunk, creating a huge hole in the ground.
#44  January 15, 2018, 12:29:07 pm
Lol, this look really rad
#45  January 15, 2018, 10:47:51 pm
  • The Chaos has ended. You will be remembered!
    • Germany
Congratulations guys. Love the sprite work & animation details, love the gameplay. Such nice work.
Thanks a lot!

Edit:
Only "flaw" I could find is that SSJ3 taunt is silent. IMO this doesn't fit Gotenks style.
Last Edit: January 15, 2018, 11:33:39 pm by Staubhold
#46  January 16, 2018, 01:16:09 am
You guys has some amazing sprite and code...you guys really capture the dbz spirit...especially coming from the point of view of someone like me who know slim to nil about the ip...I get the context from the hard work put into it all..thank you all....I look foward most to tien cuz he looks like  a shaolin master
#47  January 16, 2018, 11:11:06 am
    • Netherlands
    • network.mugenguild.com/balthazar/index.html
#48  January 18, 2018, 05:15:05 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
As Balthazar said above don't forget to join the sprite contest to get new forms for his finisher!!!
http://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/graphic-contest-gotenks-goes-further-beyond-182551.0.html

YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES!
https://media.giphy.com/media/L9kwXOK00OJGM/giphy.gif

Something seems to have gone wrong when the pallette files for him were compiled, cause when I load them in Fighter Factory they're either only partially there or are flipped horizontically and vertically. Might not be that important for everyone, but it is for someone like me who makes his own pallettes and/or chooses others from the files. Could this be fixed please? thx

Just realised it was due to them being in there only as .png files. I am currently converting them to act. files and will upload those later for those that are interested
Just to be clear you noticed he doesn't use act files to change his palettes, correct? You need to edit the palettes in his config.

Fantastic char
Thank you!

I tried to change Gotenks' palette for "Start+ a" to the one labelled as 068ssjgod-ethanthehuman-jnpedit,but it doesn't seem to work. I changed the value to 68 in his config file in the right section,but In Game he just uses his default Palette
That particular one was not finished or added into Gotenks. It has been added for the next version though. It will come out soon.

This  character is one huge meme. I love it.
And we loved making it!

it's really amazing TeamZ2 work, both in codes and sprites. The only thing I did not like very much was the voice they used at Gotenks, it's very strange. Other than that, it's an exceptional job, you're the best mugen creator today.
I really enjoyed PM Seymour's take. I thought he sounded quite a lot like the english dub voices. And his acting was perfect IMO
I hope you can adjust to it and am glad you are enjoying the char!

I really love all your work guys :) I have all your dbz characters :) I would love to donate more to help you more but for the next 9 months this won't be possible.

Good luck with your future characters.
Your feedback is all the donation I need ^_^

Amazing how you bring out the playfulness of gotenks perfectly. Great job! Thankfully mugen still has awesome creators like yall. Not only awesome, but the smart kind of awesome.

I have an idea where during the super galactica donut, player can input command to enter an uncontrollable state that actually does the nostalgic final slam dunk, creating a huge hole in the ground.
I should note that there is an easter egg. A hidden move you may have seen the AI use in difficulty 8 when they land the Volley Ball Trap. :o

Lol, this look really rad
woot

Congratulations guys. Love the sprite work & animation details, love the gameplay. Such nice work.
Thanks a lot!

Edit:
Only "flaw" I could find is that SSJ3 taunt is silent. IMO this doesn't fit Gotenks style.
I didn't really know what to have him say there. He just does a pose and doesn't look like he's speaking. :P

You guys has some amazing sprite and code...you guys really capture the dbz spirit...especially coming from the point of view of someone like me who know slim to nil about the ip...I get the context from the hard work put into it all..thank you all....I look foward most to tien cuz he looks like  a shaolin master
Thank you! And yeah, Tien will be really fun!
#49  January 23, 2018, 05:42:22 am
  • I like Ai's
Will Gotenks be getting the anime voice over?
#50  January 23, 2018, 10:53:45 am
    • Netherlands
    • network.mugenguild.com/balthazar/index.html
If some poor bloke cool dude makes a patch for it, and we like the quality of it, we'll surely include it in the character in an update. We decided not to spend time on these things anymore, only focusing on the original recorded voice.
#51  January 23, 2018, 04:02:56 pm
  • I like Ai's
If some poor bloke cool dude makes a patch for it, and we like the quality of it, we'll surely include it in the character in an update. We decided not to spend time on these things anymore, only focusing on the original recorded voice.

I understand thanks the reply
New #52  January 25, 2018, 03:25:22 am
  • Frozen in Time
  • The siege continues...
    • USA
    • www.eternal-anomaly.com
Following some testing against randomly selected fighters (one of whom was Z2 Goku), I've nothing more constructive to suggest than possibly tweaking the placement of "Galactica Donut" (which as it stands, appears to revel the opponent's knees when the waist would seem more becoming of a constriction technique).  Aside from that, fantastic work, gentlemen. :tipshat:

PS: And might I add, Buu was fleshed out beautifully. :8):
Latest Release: Here / Current Projects: The Penguin & Stage Rectifications (2nd Set)
Last Edit: November 07, 2018, 08:47:38 am by Mature4evr
#53  January 25, 2018, 11:21:28 am
  • God's Tongue
  • SEA (South East Asia)
This's fun character .I like playing him alot .Amazing character  and thank for making .I think Super Volleyball attack should add some damage when the ball explosion .
#54  January 27, 2018, 10:19:09 am
  • Part-Time MUGEN creator
    • USA
    • Skype - reddragoncats17
    • reddragoncats17.weebly.com/

I can handle that.
#55  January 27, 2018, 08:33:41 pm
  • = +...Orpheus vs. the Sirens...+ =
    • USA
Congrats on the release
"Make Fighting Games Great Again"
#56  February 21, 2018, 09:41:26 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Last Edit: February 22, 2018, 01:55:21 am by Just No Point
#57  February 22, 2018, 12:45:07 am
  • Rurouni Fan
  • The dream is nothing yet drive us to the end.
    • www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLaWlQGjKyJWoXxMR8nrea7P4R9C0JnA-_
Nah, I was trying him right now for the lvl 2...
I'll wait for the update, but it was really cool to see the sprites added in action.
Thanks and good work. :kugoi:
One day someone will rip the Inuyasha stages... Not today nor tomorrow, probably not even in this decade. But you know, someday... :')

Did you play the new
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#58  February 22, 2018, 01:54:52 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
#59  February 22, 2018, 02:39:37 am
  • Rurouni Fan
  • The dream is nothing yet drive us to the end.
    • www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLaWlQGjKyJWoXxMR8nrea7P4R9C0JnA-_
No problem, but talking about bugs:
Using Exit Burst almost as cross-up there's a visual bug - 2 portals. The same goes when you use against regular chars (even on the floor in this case).
Take a look:

One day someone will rip the Inuyasha stages... Not today nor tomorrow, probably not even in this decade. But you know, someday... :')

Did you play the new
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#60  February 22, 2018, 03:23:35 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
2 portals isn't a bug but the way you see one inside the other is. I won't make a patch for this soon since it's not gamebreaking but it'll get fixed in a future version!