YesNoOk

Changing the charge comand (Read 7024 times)

Started by TheDrive420, March 24, 2018, 01:14:20 am
Share this topic:
Changing the charge comand
#1  March 24, 2018, 01:14:20 am
Hello Mugenguild,

I'm new here and i have one problem, i'm using a character i just recently downloaded and i wanted to change the move commands so i can play the character a lot more smoothly. I've managed to change some of them and it worked out fine. But now there are certain commands that is bothering me.

The commands are :
~$B,$F, x
~$B,$F, y
~$B,$F, z

I want to change these into:
~D, DF, F, x
~D, DF, F, y
~D, DF, F, z

But every time i do, the character couldn't perform the move. I believe there is a certain code i need to look for, but i don't know what it is.

Can someone please help me.
Last Edit: March 24, 2018, 09:44:15 am by Odb718
Re: Changing the charge comand
#2  March 24, 2018, 09:46:42 am
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
Read This. At the bottom of the first post you should see what you need.
vVv Ryuko718 Updated 10/31/22 vVv
#3  March 24, 2018, 06:37:09 pm
your talking about this right?:

"If youre having trouble making the commands work, there's a common mess up.
As I mentioned, mugen is constantly searching statedef -1. It's also looking at button inputs to match against the command definitions. Because people arent super precise pressing buttons, Mugen gives us some leeway. While you may think you pressed F,D,DF, A, in reality you may have pressed, F,DF,D,DF,F, A. If you notice the first set of inputs is hidden inside the second set. Mugen lets that activate the command which will go down the line to the changestate. If both sets are actually a named command, both will be triggered in the order their listed.
Meaning if  F,D,DF, A  is above  F,DF,D,DF,F, A. Mugen checks it first to see if any ChangeStates with that name can be activated. If not, Mugen will check if any Changestates F,DF,D,DF,F, A. can activate.
The way to make sure you can do all of your moves properly is to make sure the most complex input commands are at the top Going a step further you'd need to make sure your most complex ChangeStates are at the top of the State Entry section. This isnt always the case but it's important and just good practice."

although this may be helpful, i kinda don't understand it (kinda new to this). Can you please elaborate?
#4  March 24, 2018, 07:52:24 pm
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
It's pretty straight forward.
The way to make sure you can do all of your moves properly is to make sure the most complex input commands are at the top. Going a step further you'd need to make sure your most complex ChangeStates are at the top of the State Entry section. This isnt always the case but it's important and just good practice.

~$B,$F, x
Is a pretty simple command. When you changed it to
~D, DF, F, x
You probably didn't reorder your moves. You have a more complex move where a simple move is listed. This will let other simple moves happen first.
Check to see if you have another move as ~D, DF, F, x. If you still cant get it working, take the input's name and put it all the way at the top of the list and duplicate it and make it only be
F, x
Have you tried changing it back to ~$B,$F, x  to see if it will still activate?
#5  March 24, 2018, 08:40:22 pm
actually,

I think i found out how to do it.
there was a code for the ~$B,$F, x move in the cmd file that looked like this:

triggerall = var(48)>16 ;Back Charge Buffer
triggerall = var(47)<42

this code made it so that it's required to hold back, then press forward and x in order to do the special move.

all i had  to do was delete this code to make it so you don't have to hold any button and change the original command into the command that i wanted.

thank for the help though Odb718.
Last Edit: March 24, 2018, 08:50:49 pm by TheDrive420
#6  March 24, 2018, 09:09:16 pm
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
No Problem. Feel free to ask as many questions as you'd like here. When you've gotten your solution, remember to scroll down and hit the Solve/Unsolved button so other people know when they browse. I'll do it this time for ya.