YesNoOk

Silva WIPs: The Hulk Rough Beta (Read 175988 times)

Started by NDSilva, August 30, 2016, 02:30:52 am
Share this topic:

DW

Re: Silva WIPs: The Hulk Rough Beta
#141  July 22, 2018, 03:42:49 am
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
Nah man, I'm sorry as I'm assuming things and all. You're doing fine, it was rude and pretentious of me to come at you like that. And for that, I truly do apologize. Though my points still hold weight. His sprites look misaligned. Especially for moves like G.Wave and cr.MP. As for the velocities and physics, UMvC3 frame data ain't gonna help with that.

And TBH, UMVC3 may not be the way to go in general. If I were to give a suggestion to a reference you could use fo MUGEN itself, it'd be Kamekaze's Hulk. He's MvC2 accurate from what I remember and felt really good when I was playing with him. Using Kame's Hulk as reference would help in a big way. I'll test him out some more, barring the obvious and get back with you. Once again I'd like to apologize. I wasn't trying to down you in any way.
#142  July 22, 2018, 04:51:13 am
    • Brazil
    • chng.it/QbGdS8rbnh
It's all good, bro! Well, in fact, Kame's MvC2 Hulk is my base for sprite alignment and animations, as well as CLSN. Look at the alt. moveset (palettes 7-12) and you will see most of his velocity keeps the same from Kamekaze's Hulk! :P

For sure, I gotta polish up the normals a bit more, for both variations. Maybe incorporate frame data from different games, or simply looking at fighters that have a similar style.
#143  July 22, 2018, 10:46:17 pm
    • Brazil
    • chng.it/QbGdS8rbnh
Alright, Hulk's beta gained some minor updates:

Sff file was optimized, Cap. leftovers were deactivated, Incredible Punch was nerfed, G.Charge fx during a hit was fixed, and a properly indexed small portrait was added. :megusta:

DW

#144  July 25, 2018, 06:02:01 pm
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
He feels pretty good overall. The alternate version is a fair amount better. With default mode, I suppose I see what you were going for. It's more based on his MSH/MvC1 appearances. While alternate is MVC2(3) and up. I don't really see the point, as the Alternate mode is the superior mode, though I suppose you did it just for people who may be more used to classic Hulk? It's not a big deal though. One of the things that gets me with Buckus' chars though is the damage dampener. It gets really anal once you go above a certain amount of hits. You'll barely cause damage after that kicks in.

Since you don't have any supers implemented yet, it's hard to tell how this will effect Hulk. Though currently, I can get a 400+ dmg combo with him as is. It's nothing special either. I'll chop this up to him still being in a beta state, though I figured I'd give a heads up. I suppose other than that, you should probably expand the FX for the focus attack to fit Hulk's size. Looks odd as is. Also, I realized when playing with him why his animations timings are a problem: It's because he doesn't have super armor. You might wanna take that into consideration. Chars like him and Juggs had super armor in their respective commercial games. That's why their bad timings wasn't as big a deal. W/O it, they become punching bags pretty much.
Last Edit: July 26, 2018, 06:06:21 pm by DivineWolf
#145  July 30, 2018, 04:58:19 am
    • Brazil
    • chng.it/QbGdS8rbnh
With default mode, I suppose I see what you were going for. It's more based on his MSH/MvC1 appearances. While alternate is MVC2(3) and up. I don't really see the point, as the Alternate mode is the superior mode, though I suppose you did it just for people who may be more used to classic Hulk? It's not a big deal though.
Quite a good guess, my friend. The two renditions I'm going for Hulk are, basically, a "power type" (a Hulk that looks heavy) and a "speed type" (a Hulk with good combo potential).

Thanks for the overall feedback. The focus attack animation and it's FX will definitely be updated.

I'll take a better look at the damage dampener and button buffering, as well as implement a super armor for the slower version - he indeed looks off without it.
#146  August 02, 2018, 09:10:20 pm
Good afternoon.

I write here because I don't know how made other.

I ask permission NDSilva to work on Megaman flame sword to make magma man magma sword.

I need it to my project Magma Man who will made perhaps end august september 2018.
Thanks
#147  August 03, 2018, 02:07:40 am
    • Brazil
    • chng.it/QbGdS8rbnh
Hi :hyo:

Yes, you can use my animation as a base for your project. You're aware I also released those sprites separately, right?

Spoiler: spritesheet (click to see content)

By the way, if someone ever wants to take my previous works as a base for future projects, there's no need to ask me for permission - just a heads up will be cool. :)
#148  August 03, 2018, 10:15:34 am
I think this will make people happy for the Mayhem Robot Master project.

Big thanks.

Laspacho will also be happy.
#149  September 28, 2018, 01:39:28 am
    • Brazil
    • chng.it/QbGdS8rbnh
You thought I left this project away during those last months, do you? :sneaky: Well, that would be kinda true.

But, I still want to bring justice to the green dude so, here's a update to Hulk's beta!

Generally speaking, I didn't made new special moves since the last update. But this beta has significant changes to everything else:

• Gamma Air Charge coding was finished, along with it's followups.
  • The different mode selection was reorganized between palettes, in a way to be more dynamic. They will officialy be called "Power" and "Speed" modes.
  • Buffering system now supports Negative Edge (based on DivineWolf's recent char updates)
  • Run ability was added to Power mode (thanks B.Hatter for the original running animation)
  • Super Armor was implemented to Power mode (coding slightly taken from Kamekaze's Hulk)
  • Forward dash becomes exclusive to Speed mode, and can be cancelled into a normal attack
  • Parry mechanic becomes exclusive to Speed mode, and was slightly adjusted (coding taken from Jmorphman's recent chars)

As far as the project goes, I will eventually implement a crouching animation and remake the damage dampener. Stay tuned! :kugoi:
Last Edit: September 28, 2018, 08:36:36 pm by NDSilva

DW

#150  October 03, 2018, 02:59:18 am
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
I really don't have much to say, as there isn't much here from the initial beta. Which is fine, I understand you're just fine tuning now before diving in fully. He does feel tighter now in a good way. Playing so much now with buffering systems, I can definitely feel the difference now. You should credit Koopa901 as well for that Hulk run anim. He's the one that commissioned it.

There's a few things that are a bit off to me. Though one of them is purely a cosmetic thing. One, why restrict which mode has Super Armor? I don't think you fully understand how important a feature like that is for a char like Hulk. You also gave it to his...for lack of a better term, "lesser" mode. "Speed" mode is far superior. I guess the Super Armor was the only way to justify using "Power" mode(lol)? Even if it is a slightly faster mode, the lack of SA for "Speed" mode is very detrimental.

Another is the run animation... Man, this really shouldn't go to the wasteside:
< --- also commissioned by Koopa901 (wip)

You implemented it well. Even gave it nice heavy SFX and envshake to give it a weight-y feel. Though I still can't help but see it as a jog, more than a run. Especially compared to the above concept run. You got what you got, and it works...but man...what a waste this will be. It's a great run anim for Hulk.
Last Edit: October 03, 2018, 03:02:27 am by DW
#151  October 03, 2018, 06:13:46 am
  • Somewhere between Guilty Gear and real rap
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
It'a not a good animation, which is exactly why I didn't bother to do shit with it. it absolutely deserves to go to the wasteside.

This is a generic forum signature.
#152  October 03, 2018, 09:29:42 pm
    • Brazil
    • chng.it/QbGdS8rbnh
@DW: Thanks for the feedback, and for the reminder - I shall credit Koopa901 as well for the Hulk run anim.

In fact, I really like the unique and heavy feel from Hatter's first sketch for the Hulk run. But currently I'm not willing to deal with more extensive spriting work for this project - I gotta first get some work done with the resources I have.

About the Super Armor, you figured out my intentions quite well :P - it was to give some exclusive advantage to "slower Hulk". But beyond that, I tried to incorporate - for the "Speed" variation - a mix between the feeling of playing with Hulk in UMvC3 and the Orange Hulk from MvC1; times where he officially didn't have a Super Armor.
If you think about it, his overral velocity in this version is faster than in UMvC3 already, so he couldn't be looking more off than the source game, I think...?

All in all, I gonna keep an eye in how to balance his strengh/velocity for this style. Turns out Orange Hulk is quite more different than I thought;

DW

#153  October 04, 2018, 05:09:09 am
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
#154  October 04, 2018, 06:25:26 pm
  • Somewhere between Guilty Gear and real rap
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
Nah bruh you trippin'. I'm gonna save this before you try and delete it. :P

Do whatever the hell you want with it, just don't credit me for it, bc I don't take credit for bad ideas.
This is a generic forum signature.

lui

#155  October 04, 2018, 07:02:38 pm
    • USA
Nah bruh you trippin'. I'm gonna save this before you try and delete it. :P

Do whatever the hell you want with it, just don't credit me for it, bc I don't take credit for bad ideas.

:/

don't be so stubborn about your older works  man, if people think it's good and want to credit you, let them. you're acting as if it's something to be absolutely ashamed about when it really isn't

you're the same way about your kyo too if anyone says it's good. i think it's good. this hulk running anim is good. not everything needs to be absolutely perfect for people to say it's good. it doesn't reflect the level of quality you have now either since most people know you've grown quite a bit.

relax.
#156  November 11, 2018, 06:39:52 am
I'm really liking this. I've wanted a good custom Hulk for a long time and this seems really promising.