YesNoOk

two4teezee's WIPs - brokenMugen lifebars re-design +bM1.1??? (Read 10946 times)

Started by two4teezee, June 03, 2014, 06:12:58 am
Share this topic:
two4teezee's WIPs - brokenMugen lifebars re-design +bM1.1???
#1  June 03, 2014, 06:12:58 am
  • My Mugen's broken.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/two4teezee
So after running the poll in the discussion forums, I think I've decided to go ahead and do a 1.1 update of bM, but still at 640x480 (I THINK... I might make the interface 1280x720 and maybe two versions of the in-game bars to support 4x3 and 16x9 both) for 1280x720 =).

bM Lifebar Re-Design
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
Last Edit: July 09, 2014, 11:56:27 pm by two4teezee
Re: two4teezee's WIPs - brokenMugen lifebars re-design +bM1.1???
#2  June 03, 2014, 06:29:56 am
  • Master Relic Tech
  • Screenpack Maker EX
It sounds good but, I'm not sold on 1.1 mugen just yet. They would have to make a couple more updates for me. Just saying things need to be more fine tuned. I like your new concept idea and I agree on the custom port approach. Still I would go for broke since 1.1 can support png formats now. Good luck and keep us posted.
#3  June 03, 2014, 12:37:53 pm
  • busy, busy....
    • Poland
Awesome news! My favourite screenpack is getting a revamp:) Good luck on this project!
#4  June 04, 2014, 07:51:54 am
  • My Mugen's broken.
    • USA
Well... I'll just leave this here. Experimenting with 1.1 and I have more than a few ideas floating around in my head... Updated top post.

#5  June 17, 2014, 11:22:49 pm
  • My Mugen's broken.
    • USA
Alright, I've been pretty quiet for the past two weeks as I'm working on standing up my website and also preparing for my wedding... but here's what I think is likely a final candidate for the lifebars for brokenMugen v1.1 =) Still playing with some of the gradients and the timer background but you get the idea... top posted updated!

#6  June 17, 2014, 11:26:16 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
blotches look really good
#7  June 17, 2014, 11:31:29 pm
  • My Mugen's broken.
    • USA
Thanks! I like them too. For the timer part I'm still struggling to find something I'm completely happy with but that's the general direction I'm going in.
#8  June 17, 2014, 11:45:20 pm
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
Nice progress. Indeed, the new stuff looks great. :)
#9  June 18, 2014, 03:13:23 pm
  • Master Relic Tech
  • Screenpack Maker EX
Nice man, really liking the gradient details. Good luck!
#10  June 28, 2014, 07:43:45 am
  • My Mugen's broken.
    • USA
Annnnd another update... this one is pretty significant. Here's a picture of the bars in-game =) All of the coding is done, fine-tuning under way now... finish up the timer font, for example, and finishing touches on other things. Next it will be onto round markers and round animations... Top post updated with some ramblings but this is the gist of it =D

#11  June 28, 2014, 08:09:01 am
  • Master Relic Tech
  • Screenpack Maker EX
Man that was quick but, things look top tier to me. Good luck on the rest my man.
#12  July 07, 2014, 07:43:52 am
  • My Mugen's broken.
    • USA
Thanks Big Boss =) I think you'll enjoy this then... Expect a video this week, nearly all of the animations are done for in-game. Lifebars are complete, round, fight, KO animations... just need to finalize the win icons and a few other tidbits, then it's off to the rest of the SP.

I set off thinking this would be bM1.1 and my creativity has just taken me on an almost completely different course, although I'm still using the same beloved font. Top post updated =)
#13  July 07, 2014, 09:22:29 am
  • Master Relic Tech
  • Screenpack Maker EX
Oh my, such a wonderful thing you are creating here. Looking forward to that video and was wondering will we see a another game ending. I mean those credits at the end of your previous sp, always inspired me to start creating. Also, I had the most fun playing my mugen. Keep up the hard work and keep us posted of everything. Just another one of your fan's.lol
#14  July 08, 2014, 01:08:52 am
  • SCARLET NEEDLE!!!!
Wow, I´m simply amazed!!! BrokenMugen II incoming

Can´t wait to see the video!!  :D
#15  July 08, 2014, 01:15:04 am
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/saikoros-high-resolution-mugen-portraits-fatal-fury-full-set-145724.0.html
My brain just stopped working for a few minutes here. :mmhmm:

It's a pleasure to see you back sharing your creative talents with the Mugen Community. The talent you and NoZ showcase is beyond amazing and Mugen is your platform for sharing all of it. Also, having the privilege to work with you on updating 1.0 will never be forgotten and it makes me even more excited to see what you could cook up this time.

I cannot wait to see what you have in store for us. Those screenshots look beyond phenomenal. Seriously.
All of your Mugen Portrait needs may be found HERE.

I'd like to report two robots on the MFG forums: One is EXShadow. The other is Saikoro.
There should be a Saikoro plugin for Photoshop.
#16  July 08, 2014, 01:31:00 am
  • The Sweeper
  • Surpass my Aniki
    • Algeria
looking awesome so far great job
-STREET FIGHTER VI WAITING ROOM-
-DRAGON QUEST XII WAITING ROOM-
#17  July 08, 2014, 04:34:26 am
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
I know it'd be a ton of work, but I'd love to see that KO screen animated. Looks fantastic
vVv Ryuko718 Updated 10/31/22 vVv
#18  July 08, 2014, 04:47:53 am
  • I'm a empty vessel seeking to be filled.
    • USA
Looking good, but like OD said, having it to be animated may bring even more fantastic life to it which might be one of the hardest parts. I cant imagine myself trying to animate those lol
#19  July 08, 2014, 04:49:26 am
  • still a shitposter at heart
    • USA
Annnnd another update... this one is pretty significant. Here's a picture of the bars in-game =) All of the coding is done, fine-tuning under way now... finish up the timer font, for example, and finishing touches on other things. Next it will be onto round markers and round animations... Top post updated with some ramblings but this is the gist of it =D

damn son
When christans be on thot patrol...

whores need to learn to keep their legs closed.
#20  July 08, 2014, 05:34:48 am
  • My Mugen's broken.
    • USA
I know it'd be a ton of work, but I'd love to see that KO screen animated. Looks fantastic

Video's comin'... of course it's animated =) Thanks for the positive feedback everyone!
#21  July 09, 2014, 11:53:45 pm
  • My Mugen's broken.
    • USA
I'll let the video speak for itself. You should be able to watch at 720p. I was going to take the video at 960p but... you get the idea =)

#22  July 09, 2014, 11:56:57 pm
  • The Sweeper
  • Surpass my Aniki
    • Algeria
awesome really like what i see so far
-STREET FIGHTER VI WAITING ROOM-
-DRAGON QUEST XII WAITING ROOM-
#23  July 10, 2014, 04:06:22 am
That spacing on the two digit hits, the 10, 11, 12.. It seems a little off, too wide. Not sure how that can be rectified, if at all. In any case, looks awesome!! The splatter motif in this version in place of the static is just really cool!
#24  July 10, 2014, 05:25:23 am
  • My Mugen's broken.
    • USA
That spacing on the two digit hits, the 10, 11, 12.. It seems a little off, too wide. Not sure how that can be rectified, if at all. In any case, looks awesome!! The splatter motif in this version in place of the static is just really cool!

Yeah I noticed the spacing too, it's an easy fix. There's a few other things I've noticed just watching over the video that I want to fix... all in due time! Thanks for the feedback.
#25  July 10, 2014, 03:20:45 pm
  • Master Relic Tech
  • Screenpack Maker EX
Nice start man, I wondering if you could maybe have those blotches animated. Have them build up around the center paint spot and then once filled, they disappear. Overall looking good, keep us posted man. Good luck!
#26  July 26, 2014, 07:16:59 am
  • My Mugen's broken.
    • USA
I've been really quiet on here lately - packing up the house as we are moving... but I've been tinkering with Tatsu's add004 to put in extra features (similar to the CVS3 lifebars). Stay tuned for progress on that.

So far so good but it is a lot of work and there are a lot of things that need to be reworked. I'm also trying to figure out the best way to integrate a guard bar into the lifebars. All in all though, the add004 open source code will allow me to truncate the filesize by quite a bit, by being able to create layers for animations that otherwise wouldn't be layered. I may still release a non-add004 version that will be quite heavy in terms of filesize/RAM demand.

Other than that, it's been pretty quiet. I fixed the combo counter in about 10 seconds, here's a picture =P

#27  July 28, 2014, 09:12:06 pm
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/saikoros-high-resolution-mugen-portraits-fatal-fury-full-set-145724.0.html
I'll let the video speak for itself. You should be able to watch at 720p. I was going to take the video at 960p but... you get the idea =)

This video speaks volumes!! I say you should make a set of animation templates so that the letters and dots from "READY..." animate differently instead of the same loop for each round. One round, they could appear in order. Another could have them coming in from a different direction, like left or right. Subtleties like this make for more interesting and exciting details.

Killer so far. Awesome.
All of your Mugen Portrait needs may be found HERE.

I'd like to report two robots on the MFG forums: One is EXShadow. The other is Saikoro.
There should be a Saikoro plugin for Photoshop.
#28  July 31, 2014, 06:11:39 pm
    • USA
    • Skype - Uche1234@hotmail.com
Wow! Almost nobody ever uses add004.
#29  August 01, 2014, 05:51:52 am
  • My Mugen's broken.
    • USA
One round, they could appear in order. Another could have them coming in from a different direction, like left or right. Subtleties like this make for more interesting and exciting details.

I'd love to do that, BUT it will only be possible with the add004 version without making the file size too big. The standard version would balloon to unmanageable file sizes.

Wow! Almost nobody ever uses add004.

With good reason. It is an extremely complicated, convoluted piece of code and while it's open source, modifying it not trivial. The CVS3 bars are using it, I'll be using it... That's about it.