YesNoOk

T_N's long and rocky road (Read 197181 times)

Started by The_None, November 15, 2015, 02:25:36 pm
Re: T_N's long and rocky road
#101  June 16, 2017, 07:55:00 pm
  • What's a title
  • Novice M.U.G.E.N. creator
    • USA
    • sites.google.com/site/rmaster007smugensite/
I have an idea. Why not have it when if Dink gets hit during an attack involving his sword, he drops it. And he can't use sword-based attacks until he picks it back up.
Spriting is harder than I thought.
#102  June 18, 2017, 12:14:38 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/lbends/
Spoiler: Part of the slash mode's lv.2 super (click to see content)
#103  June 18, 2017, 01:14:33 am
  • What's a title
    • USA
Is that a folding chair?
#104  June 22, 2017, 09:02:55 pm
That's actually supposed to be a pig grain bag. I've since made some steps to make the bag look more like it supposed to thanks to the help from one Helios.

Before I'll show you the fixed gif and really before I'd get around doing a few more animations I've recently slowly begun shading what I've done before, and there's no doubts I've likely forgot what the hell was I doing shading wise. This can be especially visible in legs, waist and where else I had no idea I've been making mistakes for months even.
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
Perhaps given how time consuming shading all of the new 200-and-counting frames can be I'd guess I would perhaps just try to shade everything the way I know and after all of that go back to review and fix where I did wrong, except that I have a feeling going back and fixing may take quite some time in itself as well.
Last Edit: June 25, 2017, 01:42:46 am by The_None
#105  June 29, 2017, 11:14:24 pm
So, one good news and at least two bad news...

I ended up shading everything I did so far as of this post. That's around 200 frames in around 9 days. On the other hand, you can probably see that my shading can be quite dodgy in a lot of places, but that's what whappens when I decide that I'd just shade everything the way I know and perhaps later review everything and fix some of what I can, except that I wouldn't be surprised if trying to fix every sprite would end up being pretty time-consuming in itself.

But secondly, I still have quite a few animations to do (which would also mean more cleaning and shading in the future)
Still, depending on what kind of ideas I have and how it would take me to execute them (I'm still trying to pick an idea for a Lv.3 slash mode super to stick with, as well as the slash variant of the style switch super and some more intro/winposes, among things) perhaps there may be some slim chance that I would get the Part II update ready by around late august to mid-September. But then again at times I just keep jinxing it with release windows, don't I?
#106  June 29, 2017, 11:50:41 pm
  • What's a title
    • USA
Why not the counter hyper from the old version? As the style switch he could throw the sword off-screen.
#107  June 30, 2017, 09:45:47 pm
Oh, if I knew you were going to use it like that I might have rotated and aligned it better.  Glad that my limited knowledge of spriting could be of some use.
#108  July 02, 2017, 10:12:09 pm
Spoiler: Hey pig piggy pig pig pig yada (click to see content)
Last Edit: July 03, 2017, 04:43:30 pm by The_None
#109  July 08, 2017, 08:34:31 pm
Spoiler: do the duck walk (click to see content)
Last Edit: July 09, 2017, 09:14:11 pm by The_None
#110  July 15, 2017, 08:09:34 pm
Spoiler: Yes I'm still there (click to see content)
Last Edit: July 15, 2017, 09:48:44 pm by The_None
#111  July 16, 2017, 02:45:46 am
  • What's a title
    • USA
#112  July 21, 2017, 11:23:45 pm

Out of a slightly skewered priorities I've resized the vectors by half, cleaned and tried for a different aproach to shading (assume everything to be at the darkest shade by default, add in lights, and use the middle level to smooth some things out). And while the head may have been proven to be tad too small for the scale (unless it's just me), I certainly liked the way shading turned out to the point I'd wish I would have gone by that aproach to begin with. Oh well, maybe it's just me.

Spoiler: HERE COMES A NEW CHALLENGER (click to see content)
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
Last Edit: July 21, 2017, 11:50:34 pm by The_None
#113  July 22, 2017, 02:37:38 am
  • What's a title
    • USA
Who is this mysterious duck man? Could he be the successor to Magic Geese?
#114  July 22, 2017, 02:52:08 am
    • USA
    • twitter.com/inktrebuchet
The shading on the new challenger looks pretty close. I think adding some light below his chest as he leans could help it out.

This reference could help. I always try to find good reference when I'm not sure about shading.
#115  July 31, 2017, 11:55:03 pm
Now that I did what I wanted to do with Dink (altho' I would eventually go back to Dink if I'd feel like fixing all of the shading in the sprites I did among things), I may as well use this topic to post ocasional single sprites I'd do for practice (therefore, that I show off a character in this thread does not neccersarily mean this would be a full project), and perhaps making sprite project threads for the full character projects I would do (something I have a feeling should have done with Dink or at least his major update to begin with, oh well). So without further ado.....

While I would do a bit more to the sprite, I hope so far the sprite doesn't feel too lazy despite me using the vectors I did for Dink (the lower torso and the head) and TuQuack (the upper body) with the modifications I did so far. Also I think I may have been overly careful with lighting him as my attempt to give him the light source exclusively from the top ended up making him not very well lit, maybe it's just me tho'. Also the colors used there may not be final
Spoiler: And for a little bit of bonus.... (click to see content)
Last Edit: August 01, 2017, 12:00:55 am by The_None
#116  August 01, 2017, 12:10:07 am
  • What's a title
    • USA
Welcome back, Franko.
#117  August 06, 2017, 09:33:04 pm

Took me a while to think up of who shall I do for a graphical practice next so I felt I may as well attempt a NES Punch-Out edit.
#118  August 21, 2017, 09:29:14 pm

After the two weeks of lack of ideas to pick and me generally feeling really down, I ended up revisiting the Revenant, this time I modified the pose a bit (if I'd feel like animating him the idle stance would be sort of silly Mortal Kombat esque, particularly Kano's MK3 stance but a bit more hunched to the front side for the lack of my better wording) and tried shading him the same way I did the Franko sprite, and..... well.... I have a feeling I may have forgotten how to properly apply the lightsources, maybe it's just me tho'
#119  August 23, 2017, 09:30:39 pm
    • Netherlands
    • network.mugenguild.com/balthazar/index.html
HMM the left and right shoulder guards' shading does look a bit asymmetrical even though they have the same pose. And the body armor may be catching too much light especially if he's supposed to be hunched over a bit. I did some shade edits (only to the armor) that you you may consider:
>   
#120  August 30, 2017, 11:41:44 pm
I knew I had a feeling that the way I'd do metalic shading would have needed some work.

I wouldn't actually consider this piece quite complete considering I'd like to mess around quite more with the arms for the more proper folded arms (to say nothing of fixing the shading) to say nothing of fixing the shading but it's been so long since I've updated the thread myself that I felt like sharing anything at all, and perhaps I would even consider digging up some of my past attempts to share in this thread.

And man I'm not sure did my standards rose up really high to the point I don't feel like getting any confidence I'd ever put out anything I would be satisfied with or do I happen to be suffering from the combination of being down, having lack of ideas and somehow at the same time having too many ideas. I actually wrote down around at least 67 characters I've considered spriting for a graphical practice yet I sometimes still have a bit of trouble chosing who I'd do for a day (and I struggled with picking a single idea before, which by the way explains the way Magic Geese came the way he did, I would have made both a simply Magic-themed Geese and a Shadow The Hedgehog as separate characters if I've had my way, but I'd guess there isn't anything that is allowed to go my way these days, is it). And don't suggest me to do comissions, as I don't feel I'm good enough to produce things of a quality in a reasonable timeframe, as if my sluggish pace I ended up working on Dink and the sparse updates of this thread since Dink's release wasn't already indicative enough of that.