YesNoOk

Vanguard Princess (doujin fighter) (Read 87329 times)

Started by PotS, June 30, 2009, 05:55:21 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Vanguard Princess (doujin fighter)
#241  October 16, 2015, 01:25:29 am
    • USA
Nothing, she was missing in the steam version so the scummy third party publisher decided to make her available as paid DLC.

Nono, no character was ever removed from the Steam version. These DLCs (There's one for Hilda, one for Lilith and the newest one for Kurumi) are just thematic packs that replace certain stages and music (Like the Lilith one replacing certain stages for gothic ones and the Kurumi DLC replacing others with stupid "cute" backgrounds).

Each DLC also does *something*, like changing bits of the story mode or add a mode or two, but none of the DLCs are actually fully compatible with each other (As again, they just replace shit all around so they conflict with each other) so yeah... it's a damn clusterfuck.
#242  October 16, 2015, 01:28:23 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
If you get all 3 then can you choose which version to play? Or does the last DLC you get over write the version you have?
This is all very confusing.
#243  October 16, 2015, 01:57:40 am
    • Puerto Rico
    • www.youtube.com/user/Darkflares
Nothing, she was missing in the steam version so the scummy third party publisher decided to make her available as paid DLC.

Nono, no character was ever removed from the Steam version. These DLCs (There's one for Hilda, one for Lilith and the newest one for Kurumi) are just thematic packs that replace certain stages and music (Like the Lilith one replacing certain stages for gothic ones and the Kurumi DLC replacing others with stupid "cute" backgrounds).

Each DLC also does *something*, like changing bits of the story mode or add a mode or two, but none of the DLCs are actually fully compatible with each other (As again, they just replace shit all around so they conflict with each other) so yeah... it's a damn clusterfuck.

It's just themes? Really wouldn't be advertise it as character DLC especially when those characters were there since Day 1 before the steam version.
Last Edit: October 16, 2015, 02:02:05 am by Darkflare
#244  October 16, 2015, 02:44:30 am
    • USA
If you get all 3 then can you choose which version to play? Or does the last DLC you get over write the version you have?
This is all very confusing.

You can choose DLCs by disabling them on your steam library. There's no in-game DLC selection though. Don't get any of them, the different stages don't fit with the game's aesthetics and each DLC ruins something:

The Hilda DLC unlocks her but makes the game incredibly hard.
The Lilith DLC actually includes the Hilda DLC, making that DLC completely irrelevant.
The Kurumi DLC adds survival and a team mode but removes story mode difficulties which means the game ends up damn easy.

All the DLCs replace stages and music too, and you can't mix and match.

Only DLC worthy is the free one, the Director's Cut one that removes the slight censorship.
#245  October 16, 2015, 03:03:41 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Thanks for the info. I'm glad I never got any of it. Never will by the sound of it. That's the stupidest DLC model I've ever heard of.
#246  October 16, 2015, 04:11:36 am
  • ゴゴゴゴゴ

I'm just going by what the article says.
http://shoryuken.com/2015/10/15/kurumi-mirumati-returns-to-vanguard-princess-on-steam/

Regardless, that doesn't make the third party any less scummier, from what I know they're not related in any way to original dev, took his free work and sold it as their own. Then again the dev has been missing since the 2011 earthquake.
#247  October 16, 2015, 11:13:24 am
  • Still lurks regularly, but posts once a blue moon
    • Canada
That's what I heard too.
So essentially, the Steam version is a scam?
Has this news been around for long?  Or is this a recent revelation?
If it's the former, I gotta wonder why the game hasn't been taken off of Steam yet.
#248  October 16, 2015, 12:09:38 pm
  • ゴゴゴゴゴ
Bellreisa called them out on at the panel they hosted last year at AX, they pretty much had no rebuttal and instead showed some fanmade AMV.
So it's been well know or a while, I honestly don't know what's the legal situation of it, maybe the adjustments they made count as a mod and thus that's why it's allowed on Steam.
#249  October 16, 2015, 12:22:00 pm
so the only reason they get to sell this game is because the localized it? they didn't even give it online.
I'm going to let god handle you people ✞
#250  October 16, 2015, 02:06:43 pm
  • ゴゴゴゴゴ
And the free version has supported online since forever.
I don't think the guys who localized this game made with fightermaker (Something not that difficult to do) even know about lunaport.
#251  October 16, 2015, 10:49:47 pm
  • Unity of Hearts
    • Spain
Yeah, I also don't recommend anybody to buy this game. Nothing they added makes their paid version better than the free version. And they still haven't added online mode which would certainly justify buying it. They're basically milking the game without even trying to add extra content worth paying.
Last Edit: October 16, 2015, 10:55:09 pm by Nanashi_1337
#252  October 17, 2015, 12:48:20 am
    • USA
    • Skype - Uche1234@hotmail.com

I'm just going by what the article says.
http://shoryuken.com/2015/10/15/kurumi-mirumati-returns-to-vanguard-princess-on-steam/

Regardless, that doesn't make the third party any less scummier, from what I know they're not related in any way to original dev, took his free work and sold it as their own. Then again the dev has been missing since the 2011 earthquake.

I hope that earthquake didn't kill him.