YesNoOk

KoF '98 Kyo Kusanagi Sprites (Read 18852 times)

Started by Slivern, April 08, 2017, 05:03:47 am
Share this topic:
KoF '98 Kyo Kusanagi Sprites
#1  April 08, 2017, 05:03:47 am
  • WE ARE NESTS: THE NEW WORLD ORDER
    • USA
Do any of you know where to find a good sprite pack for KoF '98 Kyo? I thought I'd ask just in case because I intend to make EX Kyo (Kyo '95) as my first M.U.G.E.N character. I'm aware there are sprite rips for KoF '98 Kyo by Kong on Infinity Mugen Team, but IMO, he didn't do a good job because sprites that were missing were not contained in his sprite packs.

I also want to do the sprite ripping myself, and rip his sprites via WinKawaks using either Art Money or Cheat Engine. The problem however is that I was given a link to a website that had instructions on how to use Art Money and WinKawaks to rip KoF Sprites using the KoF '94 - 2002 table (which I have thankfully), but I ended up losing the link. I know there are tutorials by OldGamer and Just No Point, but the content they make are many years old now. I also want to rip hit sparks and life and power bars from KoF '98 as well. Do any of you happen to know other places with tutorials on how to use Artmoney and WinKawaks to rip these sprites? (If you have the link I'm looking for, that would be great.)
Re: KoF '98 Kyo Kusanagi Sprites
#2  April 08, 2017, 10:38:44 am
Kong messed up on a few rips. Missing colors (like Kyo), misalignment, missing and/or repeat sprites, etc.

Koopakoot has a tutorial that goes over sprite ripping using Winkawaks. Applies for effects and life/power bars as well. Artmoney isn't necessary for that part unless you're ripping from the newer games (the UMs, XI), that's better for datamining.
Last Edit: April 08, 2017, 10:43:43 am by Niitris
#3  April 08, 2017, 11:01:28 pm
wait, I am sure vans made a Kyo with that sprite set, why not use his I am sure they are great.
#4  April 09, 2017, 12:47:36 am
    • USA
What about ripping sprites from PCSX2? Does the '94 -2002 Artmoney table work with that as well?

wait, I am sure vans made a Kyo with that sprite set, why not use his I am sure they are great.

I couldn't find it on Trinity Mugen. You sure it's Orochi Saga Kyo, and not NESTS Kyo?
#5  April 09, 2017, 06:13:37 am
#6  April 09, 2017, 07:42:34 am
    • USA
Are you sure it's a good idea for me to extract sprites from someone else's M.U.G.E.N character? I wanted to ask this because there were some edits of Orochi Saga Kyo used to make a gameplay hybrid NESTS Kyo for Sander71113.
#7  April 09, 2017, 10:41:37 am
As long as you give credit, it's no big deal. There's no rule here saying that you can't.

What about ripping sprites from PCSX2? Does the '94 -2002 Artmoney table work with that as well?

They won't work unless you make some adjustments to the tables, I would assume. There's little reason to rip from the console games outside of maybe sprites exclusive to the console versions.
#8  April 09, 2017, 12:17:12 pm
    • China
    • http://vans.trinitymugen.net/
Kong messed up on a few rips. Missing colors (like Kyo), misalignment, missing and/or repeat sprites, etc.

Missing color cases aside (Kyo, Lin, etc) his rips are all KOF perfect.
#9  April 10, 2017, 02:58:03 am
    • USA

They won't work unless you make some adjustments to the tables, I would assume. There's little reason to rip from the console games outside of maybe sprites exclusive to the console versions.

That's my case. I'm trying to rip Kyo SP's sprites from KoF '99 Evo, however the PS2 version is exclusively bundled with the NESTS Collection. I'm going to try a different method soon though; I got a app that'll let me data mine the ISO so I can extract the sprites out, or at least I would assume that it is capable of doing so. I have not been able to find Kyo SP's sprites anywhere else aside from my dA (which only has the original Idle sprite that I ripped from nullDC).
#10  May 03, 2017, 12:52:03 am