YesNoOk

ADX Frontend v2! *RELEASED* (Read 153897 times)

Started by Jesse~, October 15, 2008, 12:00:28 pm
Share this topic:
Re: ADX Frontend v2!
#61  October 26, 2008, 02:09:34 am
  • IG @tanooki_ninja
    • Puerto Rico
    • maxbeta.webs.com/mugen.htm
Hey all,

Like I explained earlier, this is all I keep getting:

You can see I've moved the files to my desktop, and I'm still not getting a converted file. I've also allowed permissions to both executables as "SAFE" apps on my anti-virus, so I can scratch that issue off the list...Wether this really is a compatibility issue with service pack 3 or not, I guess will have to wait and see when you try it out.
"We need other people in order to create the circumstances for the learning that we are here to generate" RIP Adam Yauch aka MCA
www.instagram.com/tanooki_ninja
#62  October 26, 2008, 07:58:23 am
  • ADX Encoder Frontend Developer
There's your answer!

"Documents and Settings" folder is not letting you convert.

Do this.

Create a new folder under your C: Drive called ADX and put your music in there.  Convert.  Everything should run just fine.

As I explained, the encoder hates spaces in folders so anytime it sees spaces, it goes nuts and starts asking if you want to create a directory instead.

A good example of what is accepted by the encoder is this:

Code:
C:\Music\ADX\Sources

A good example of what is not accepted:

Code:
C:\Music Stuff\ADX\Sources

Again, this is an encoder limitation, not the frontend, so really, there's nothing that I can do about that at the moment.  At least now I figured out what was going on.  That should help you MaxBeta.

That screenshot explained everything to me.

Alrighty then, I'm off.  Good night folks.

Jesse~
ADX Encoder Frontend - Making ADX encoding easier!
#63  October 26, 2008, 09:12:06 pm
  • IG @tanooki_ninja
    • Puerto Rico
    • maxbeta.webs.com/mugen.htm
Fuck me...it worked ;P Now I know why it worked before....I was running it from the root of my USB drive.

Thanks for baring with my clumsiness, man. You have a great app in your hands, and I'm glad I could be part of the testing, even as annoying as I was.

I look forward to your improvements on it.

Peace Out.
"We need other people in order to create the circumstances for the learning that we are here to generate" RIP Adam Yauch aka MCA
www.instagram.com/tanooki_ninja
#64  October 26, 2008, 10:42:56 pm
Oh, it's not a problem.  Personally, though, I have not heard back from some of the other testers, so I assume they just grabbed the program and ran.  So you needing help was not annoying in the least.  I am here to help just as you help me by testing.

Jesse~
#65  November 01, 2008, 11:53:05 am
Check the first post, it's ready!

Jesse~
Re: ADX Frontend v2! *RELEASED*
#66  November 01, 2008, 04:10:11 pm
Congratulations on an AWESOME program! Glad you could get all your testing done in such a short time, man. I'm not to this point in my M.U.G.E.N. creating yet, but when I get there.. I'm definately getting this. Nice work, man. Very nice.
#67  November 01, 2008, 04:21:41 pm
Thanks.  I'm really happy to have it released finally for the public.  I guess I should make an addition to my initial post.

Jesse~
#68  November 01, 2008, 11:13:27 pm
  • Still lurks regularly, but posts once a blue moon
    • Canada
Just wondering but, wats the starting and ending loop points (in salmples) for?
#69  November 02, 2008, 12:12:26 am
That is used for looping.  Looping an ADX can not be done without them.  ADX files do not loop using play time but rather wave samples.

Here's a link to an old thread started by an older member who hasn't been on in months, but because of it, we were able to explain looping to the general public.  Until I can make a tutorial for looping ADX files, that will have to do for now.

http://mugenguild.com/forumx/index.php?topic=35553.0

Jesse~
#70  November 02, 2008, 01:04:28 am
    • Canada
Ok so is this what it does? (not trying to sound like an idiot.)

it first starts out with the intro music, then it plays the loop and continuasly plays it and does not play the intro music ever again.

is that what happens?

P.S. do you still have to use the MS-DOS Prompt (Even with WinXP; Command-Line in WinXP) ?
#71  November 02, 2008, 01:59:18 am
You've pretty much go it down my friend.  If you choose music that loops, either from the beginning to the end of the loop, or somewhere in the middle to the end, everything before the start loop will only be played once and never again until the music is restarted/replayed.

Also, you don't have to touch the DOS prompt at all when using the frontend.  That's why it's there! :D

Jesse~
#72  November 02, 2008, 02:59:01 am
    • Canada
Ok thanx I got it now, I hope It'll suport mp3 and ogg files some day.  ;)

Good luck.

Last Edit: November 03, 2008, 02:29:02 am by vgmaster2.0
#73  November 14, 2008, 10:53:05 pm
  • RISSSSSSIIIIINNNNGGGGG TACO!!!
    • USA
Ok so I decided to try this out I Have Windows XP Service Pack 3
I did everything as told I Converted my Wave file to ADX I placed my Adx file in My Mugen but it sounds all crazy it skips like crazy I didn't use loops I was just testing it since I'm not so sure how to use the looping part??
Some help would be appreciated....?
#74  November 15, 2008, 11:31:37 am
#75  November 24, 2008, 12:58:33 am
#76  November 24, 2008, 02:37:15 am
I tried the ADX files and they worked, but two weeks later I reformatted and installed Mugen, But the ADX files dont work anymore they dont play at all, I even have the plugin installed and Mugen.cfg Added
#77  December 23, 2008, 04:55:22 am
    • www.freewebs.com/kiryuken/
Sorry for bumping. I used your Frontend and it worked, but it seems the volume of my music has decreased. Is there some way to increase it?
#78  December 30, 2008, 01:11:18 am
  • "Sesshin and Toshin, nealy identical blades..."
I'm using vista and the frontend is not working, I did everything you said in the documentation but it comes up with an error, something about something being illegal...

the adxencd.exe works because when I drag a wav file on to it, it auto encodes it (without loop of course)

Is there something I'm doing that I missed?
"You will feel the agony of my clan."
-An unknown kunoichi...
#79  December 30, 2008, 08:44:31 am
  • Don't care if it's a sword or an egg, put it down!
    • www.youtube.com/profile?user=CandoraAuthes
Weird...it loops from the beginning, but not where I want it to...is there a difference if you convert to WAV with Audacity? And would this work if you want the loop to start somewhere in the middle of the song, but start at the beginning, and will hit the starting loop point when the ending loop point comes up, causing an infinite play? ...do you get it?
Beginning(Start)---->Starting Loop(Continue)----->Ending Loop(Go to Starting Loop)

But it works great. Just wish the adxencd was actually included with the download =/
The Answer to the Ultimate Question:

For rare M.U.G.E.N. characters, click here.
#80  December 31, 2008, 10:51:09 pm
  • "Sesshin and Toshin, nealy identical blades..."
I don't use this for my adx files, I use CRI Tools, You can convert all Wav's at one time and the volume doesn't mess up either. I did use this at first but it caused me a lot of hassle and I had to find something else.
"You will feel the agony of my clan."
-An unknown kunoichi...