YesNoOk

( New ) Errors in 1.0+ that are not in WinMugen and solutions. (Read 12778 times)

Started by 2OS, January 25, 2013, 10:27:15 pm
Share this topic:

2OS

( New ) Errors in 1.0+ that are not in WinMugen and solutions.
#1  January 25, 2013, 10:27:15 pm
  • 608 Wannabe
  • Ich schicke dich zur HOELLE!! STIRB DU FEIGLING!!
    • Egypt
debug errors:

""destroyself called for non helper"" — triggerall=ishelper

""can't remappal from ###,### to ###,###"" — check your code and SFF values. in shittier cases to my experience check the actual palette itself.

""player nameofplayergoeshere using anim2 outside of custom state"" — this rather explains itself. you're executing a changeanim2 outside of a custom state.

shutdown errors:

""invalid format specifier %D"" — 1.0's parser is far more sensitive than WinMugen's. displaytoclipboard text arguments should be lower case only (%d). when this happens to a WinMugen character it is not because of ""poor coding"".

actual bug:

""my character is dropping dead immediately and/or power level is at an absurdly large value like intmax"" — your character name ( not display name ) needs to be shortened.

to be updated.
Last Edit: January 26, 2013, 07:04:30 pm by 2OS
Re: ( New ) Debug errors in 1.0+ that are not in WinMugen and solutions.
#2  January 26, 2013, 11:18:10 am
  • Legendary XIII
  • I am the eye of the storm to come!
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/cyanide/
Not precisely debug, but add the name string one. That's difficult to catch by any normal method and differs from PC to PC.

In M.U.G.E.N there is no magic button

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance.

2OS

Re: ( New ) Errors in 1.0+ that are not in WinMugen and solutions.
#3  January 26, 2013, 07:06:52 pm
  • 608 Wannabe
  • Ich schicke dich zur HOELLE!! STIRB DU FEIGLING!!
    • Egypt
went ahead and made this for errors in general.
Re: ( New ) Errors in 1.0+ that are not in WinMugen and solutions.
#4  February 19, 2013, 02:15:57 am
  • "The Future is Now"
for all the people i've ever helped with displaytoclipboard errors. i always tell them to delete the code, as its strictly for the coding side of the character and not the player side.