YesNoOk

Genjuro Kibagami released (Read 5643 times)

Started by KarmaCharmeleon, May 16, 2019, 07:38:13 pm
Share this topic:
Genjuro Kibagami released
#1  May 16, 2019, 07:38:13 pm
  • In a few minutes, bitch
    • Germany
Re: Genjuro Kibagami released
#2  May 16, 2019, 07:50:15 pm
  • Formerly known as HyperClawManiac
  • Competitive MUGEN when?
    • UK
    • sites.google.com/view/ragingrowen/home
I understand the Issen gimmick. But I feel as if you could've upped its Min Damage to around a LVL2 Super and the Max to around 600 or 2/3 of a Lifebar. I feel it would make it worth the risk a bit more.
WIP Schedule:
The next Street Fighter All-Stars update
#3  May 16, 2019, 11:23:11 pm
  • Eyyyy
    • UK
How come he doesn't have the extra vocals for his Sanren Satsu specials, or his suicide move? I admit its all little things but still.
There was a sig here. Its gone now (thanks photobucket ya fecks)
#4  May 17, 2019, 03:00:32 am
  • The Lord of Vampire
  • Member of the Reign of Kreation
    • Brazil
    • guiaugusto20@hotmail.com
    • Skype - guiaugusto20

Pretty good and solid. :)
#5  May 17, 2019, 03:36:43 am
  • Karate ni senshi nashi
    • Brazil
    • www.youtube.com/user/karate867
Few years ago Jeanbureau released An edit of Genjuro using a cool hi res FX.

Maybe you can find something cool for your char!

Thanks for the release!!!!

https://youtu.be/rA7iVzNiI_w
#6  May 17, 2019, 04:14:32 am
  • The Chaos has ended. You will be remembered!
    • Germany
Just very quick one...

- IMO repeat the Power Charge sound effect, otherwise the sound stops, even if you´re still charging... and maybe give Genjuro a voice when he´s fully charged.

- Why has Nijuu Kiri (F + MP) no sword slash effect like all the other sword attacks?

- adjust the clsn on power charge...
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

- suggestion... add blood effects to some attacks, p.e. his standing HP & Issen super

Nice work! ...Has been a long time since I´m interessted to test a new char. Thank you!
#7  May 17, 2019, 12:31:21 pm
  • In a few minutes, bitch
    • Germany
I understand the Issen gimmick. But I feel as if you could've upped its Min Damage to around a LVL2 Super and the Max to around 600 or 2/3 of a Lifebar. I feel it would make it worth the risk a bit more.
- The thing with this kind of moves is that conceptually they reward you for being worse than your opponent, and this is something I want to avoid. This is different in a SamSho system when the mechanic is balanced to be more in your control an less "if you're losing, here's a move that pretty much gives you the game". I'm keeping the damages values as they are for now. Once again it's a downside that carries over of adapting Genjuro to this style instead of a K-Groove oriented one. Though if I have to be honest, I like the result.

How come he doesn't have the extra vocals for his Sanren Satsu specials, or his suicide move? I admit its all little things but still.
- Missed that one. Added the "yo inoshikacho" as I'm typing. His suicide move was discussed on his WIP thread, it's a nice little easter egg but seems redundant in a system with this many ways to get bar.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGEuIx0wvtA[/youtube]

Pretty good and solid. :)
- Yo, thanks.

Few years ago Jeanbureau released An edit of Genjuro using a cool hi res FX.

Maybe you can find something cool for your char!

Thanks for the release!!!!

https://youtu.be/rA7iVzNiI_w
- The assets on the Issen move were taken from his edit actually. Not digging the other ones, they're too big and cover way too much of the spritework. Though not gonna lie, I hate how the NGBC Hi-Res effects looks on his DP.

Just very quick one...

- IMO repeat the Power Charge sound effect, otherwise the sound stops, even if you´re still charging... and maybe give Genjuro a voice when he´s fully charged.

- Why has Nijuu Kiri (F + MP) no sword slash effect like all the other sword attacks?

- adjust the clsn on power charge...
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

- suggestion... add blood effects to some attacks, p.e. his standing HP & Issen super

Nice work! ...Has been a long time since I´m interessted to test a new char. Thank you!
- Sound effect behavior works just like Jmorphman system (which I'm trying to emulate). Yeah I know about the fully charged voice sample. Sadly his voice samples are very limited and I don't want to over use things. I might be able to make up for this once SS2019 is released and someone datamine the voice rips.
- Good catch, gotta add them asap.
- Once again following Jmorphman system. It's more about functionality than aesthetics. Check out King's Power Charge (Jmorphman and CvS2) or Orochi Iori hitboxes.
- He does have blood effects on Issen super. I don't remember CvS2 having blood (or maybe it did have blood but it was super tiny? or that was SFZ3?) but it's more of a personal taste when it comes to that.

Thanks to all for the feedback! Once I'm 100% sure that there's no major problems with Genjuro I'll reach out BahamianKing so he teaches me how to program AI.
#8  May 17, 2019, 12:49:19 pm
  • Formerly known as HyperClawManiac
  • Competitive MUGEN when?
    • UK
    • sites.google.com/view/ragingrowen/home
- The assets on the Issen move were taken from his edit actually. Not digging the other ones, they're too big and cover way too much of the spritework. Though not gonna lie, I hate how the NGBC Hi-Res effects looks on his DP.
- He does have blood effects on Issen super. I don't remember CvS2 having blood (or maybe it did have blood but it was super tiny? or that was SFZ3?) but it's more of a personal taste when it comes to that.
Well PotS' Nakoruru did have blood. Also I'd recommend getting a blur effect for the DP.
WIP Schedule:
The next Street Fighter All-Stars update