YesNoOk

Kienays Stuff (Read 21925 times)

Started by Kienay, August 18, 2016, 09:02:08 am
Re: Kienays Stuff
#41  December 15, 2016, 08:53:03 pm
  • Somewhere between Guilty Gear and real rap
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
Now thats inspirational. Keep up the good work and hope to see the end product. =D
This is a generic forum signature.
#42  December 16, 2016, 03:55:36 am
  • Yu Yu hakusho spriter
    • USA
    • thanewdude07.deviantart.com/
Nothing much happened since last time. Mainly worked on gameplay and checking out other games to get some inspiration.

Mainly worked on gamplay? are you coding? Do you have a coder? I'm actually curious! good to see you back in action!

More stuff Get ready for the best yusuke ever!! http://thanewdude07.deviantart.com/

Check out my youtube for more fun stuff!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TeamSpamBustah?feature=guide
#43  December 16, 2016, 06:52:22 am
    • Germany
Hatter:
Thanks, man!
Tried to get some oomph into this one. Also looking forward to yours, in case you decide to join, too. ;D

thanewdude07:
Yes, I am coding. Using gamemaker for that. Coding is nothing special there. Still a beginner, but it's a skill you can build by merely spending time on it. I am bad at math, lose focus after a few minutes and get confused easily, but it's still fairly easy. It's not programming stuff from scratch afterall. But I stopped with the RPG thing for now to get some experience on a smaller project first. It's better to start out small. I use the same mechanics and graphics will be recycled later on, so it's not a loss at all. It's going to be a classic Beat 'em up like Final Fight or Streets of Rage. I combine some ideas from different games. I plan to do style conversions from existing sprites to get some practice and usable graphics faster. Not feeling too well since a few days, so I didnt come around to start on the sprites, yet. =/
Also found out about OpenBor a few days ago, which basically does everything I coded myself out of the box already. So it might be smart to just use that, since I am far from finished, but I don't feel to change the engine again.

Played around with the pose some more. Slowly getting there.
#44  December 16, 2016, 07:01:17 am
  • Somewhere between Guilty Gear and real rap
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
Well you certainly nailed the OOMPH there.

And don't worry, I'll be joining the SF2 segment, hopefully with some cool DeeJay artwork to boot. = )
This is a generic forum signature.
#45  December 17, 2016, 12:56:25 pm
    • Germany
Cool! Eager to see the result. =)

I started with a style conversion. Source is Bare Knuckle/ Streets of Rage 3. Wonder how it'll turn out in the end. I don't actually know what I am doing, yet. Hope that will change as I get more practice. After watching some of you guys spriting, trying to drop the zillions of layers I used to work with before. Just using one for the actual spritework right now. Sketches are still on seperate layers. I already like it since it's not only faster but also more comfortable to fix stuff. I had used different layers for these what-if-scenarios. But in case those never happen to be (they never did), it's just a waste of time.

Some progress. =)
Last Edit: December 19, 2016, 05:39:09 pm by Kienay
#46  December 23, 2016, 07:44:26 am
    • Germany

Pretty much finished that dude. Intended to work on the legs a little bit longer, but have to take a rest today due to some issues with my hand. The doc says it'll be fine by tommorrow.
Plan to proceed with attacks next. As of now, there are only two planned. A basic quick jab as well as a jumping elbow drop. Yes, that's strait out stolen from Streets of Rage. Guess I'll use Guile as a reference for the jab. Using the original sprite from SoR as a base for the elbow drop might be good enough.
#47  April 03, 2018, 03:58:25 am
    • Germany
So, back after a very long break. Didn't do anthing at all until recently.
As mentioned before, I am working on a game, but wanted to think over the intended resolution. So I tried to scale down two of my previous sprites. While especially the second one isn't really finished, I kind of like the way they turned out.

In the end, I still decided to stick to the higher res ones.

These two are what I did most recently.

The girl was just a test run. Didn't really work out the design, yet (proportions, face, hair style etc). The guy is still unfinished, but I am quite happy so far. Not sure how to go about shading for now. That's still a weak point of mine.
This time, I tried to trace scaled-down drawings for a faster workflow. Have a look at the dude, just because I'm proud of it. =D
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

I'll try to be more active again, so you can look forward for some more of my sprites in the future.

EDIT:

Tried some Persona 4 Arena Ultimax-like shading mixed with how I usually handle colors. Tweeked the outlines, too. Still a bit of work left, but I like it so far.
Last Edit: April 06, 2018, 08:07:14 am by Kienay
#48  April 11, 2018, 02:40:07 am
    • Germany

Okay, think I'm done with this one. While it'll take much more time to understand how ArcSys' shading works, it was a fun experience trying to adapt what they did on P4AU. Right now, I more or less copied most of the shading from existing sprites without having the faintest idea of how it's done.