YesNoOk

BaGeDo for Mortal Kombat (no specific fatalities yet) (Read 3752 times)

Started by puffolotti4iji, January 05, 2018, 01:09:28 pm
Share this topic:
BaGeDo for Mortal Kombat (no specific fatalities yet)
#1  January 05, 2018, 01:09:28 pm
    • Italy
The advantage of working with 3d models is of course the fact that shotocloning takes a minimal effort and time. Usually i won't be considering a simple re-application of textures a whole new spriteset, but this spriteset is an adaptation of the character BaGeDo in order to look good in an envirovment like MK3. So in this case i think is correct to say that this is a different spriteset.

As i said in DA

"Of course it would be hard to integrate the komato storylines into MK's. The concept behind komato is: "whoever you are, you piss them off, they make you quit" Perhaps BaGeDo could be there to help the humans, or could be another kind of monster, just like Baraka or Reptile, or Goro, or Motaro, perhaps member of an underground civilization..."

I didn't scale him down to the appropriate size because maybe in future someone may want to use him as high resolution sprite.

I won't be working on this sprite, but i will consider to prepare him for fatalities or such.
Re: BaGeDo for Mortal Kombat (no specific fatalities yet)
#2  January 07, 2018, 02:45:25 am
    • Brazil
    • https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100074220240917
after the warner bros, anything is possible in mortal kombat
Re: BaGeDo for Mortal Kombat (no specific fatalities yet)
#3  January 07, 2018, 02:59:10 am
    • Italy
I'm not entirely sure that the checkers on his skin make much sense...
But i'd say that as mere sprite, without the komato background, Bagedo is not really different from the inhuman i mentioned. Outworld has plenty of 500kg bipeds with hands.

We can discuss if the alien or dart vader makes sense, but without the komato guns that teleport directly in his hand, this sprite is just a really big not-exactly-human dude.

Do you think i should re-render this sprite without the checkers? I'm thinking about some fatalities and brutalities for him, but is kinda hard because i'm used to think at him as one of the good guys, but after all, Sonya Blade and Jax are supposed to be good guys as well.

Any idea for fatalities performed by Bagedo, with or without his guns?
(one could be that he teleports his opponent partially in the floor)