YesNoOk

Everything Anime and Manga Thread (Read 2412340 times)

Started by ( ゚ o゚) It's Urza!, August 27, 2007, 02:30:58 am
Share this topic:
Re: Everything Anime and Manga Thread
#12001  October 12, 2017, 08:04:44 pm
I'm going to let god handle you people ✞
#12002  October 13, 2017, 04:16:31 pm
  • The story begins with who's gonna win
    • USA
Finally got a chance to watch the new Garo

Love it, the setting is a breath of fresh air although I am disappointed in such a modern setting there isn't a more calculated response to Horrors

Although there's only one real plot point you can do with that and they did it in Crimson Moon already so I can somewhat understand

Also Sword is by far the coolest protag they've had in these anime which makes me wary that he's not gonna survive the midseason and the armor's gonna go to the little girl
Nevermind, there's nothing I can do
Bet your life there's something killing you
It's a shame we have to die, my dear
No one's getting out of here alive
This time
What a way to go, but have no fear
This time
It's a shame we have to disappear
This time, this time, this time
#12003  October 13, 2017, 04:58:49 pm
I don't think the last event is possible because women can't be Makai Knights, as far as my Garo lore knowledge goes. Double checked on a wiki to make sure and there only seems to be one exception that doesn't really count.

And yeah. It's awesome.
#12004  October 13, 2017, 07:27:01 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
the latest chapter of shingeki tu madre, well, I was nto expecting that twist, it's fun because its exactly what some charcters wanted and it explains teh beard.
#12005  October 21, 2017, 06:42:33 am
    • USA
Today I became aware that a new arc of Kenshin has started, so I read it. Man, it's like slipping on an old coat and finding out it still fits. And Watsuki's improved so much since then, his linework is stellar. He's also seemingly doubled down on the happy ending, because
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
and that tickles me because I'll never get tired of Reflection getting a thumb in its overblown sadsack eye
This time
This time
#12006  October 23, 2017, 04:20:41 pm
  • Arbiter of Novel Trivia
    • USA
Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat? Why did I not know about this.
#12007  October 24, 2017, 04:18:28 am
I need to check that out. Thanks for the info man.
#12008  October 24, 2017, 12:39:13 pm
  • Dead and buried.
    • Finland
http://www.animenewsnetwork.cc/news/2017-10-23/fist-of-the-blue-sky-manga-gets-new-tv-anime-project/.122983

The cover of the December issue of Tokuma Shoten's Monthly Comic Zenon magazine is revealing on Wednesday that a new television anime series is in the works for Buronson, Nobuhiko Horie, and Tetsuo Hara's Souten no Ken (Fist of the Blue Sky) manga.

BEEN FAR TOO LONG.

Edit: This is a bit 50/50 whether it's manga or western comics news, but Alex De Cambi and Giannis Milogiannis are doing a one shot Ghost In The Shell comic. Boyyyyy.

https://twitter.com/alexdecampi/status/923538883542953984

"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."

"Okay, okay. So you put a Nazi on the Moon. Fuck you, Moon."
Last Edit: October 27, 2017, 02:57:37 pm by Mechy
#12009  October 29, 2017, 08:39:18 am
mahoutsukai no yome's character names and titles bothers me alot, i would like to find out how and where did the author get their names from. especially elias and his title.
Last Edit: October 29, 2017, 09:04:32 am by 地獄の花
#12010  November 01, 2017, 03:15:36 am
Merry Halloween. Somebody translated the Junji Itou focused episode of Manben. If you ever wanted a good look at the method to his horror-driven madness, this is the place. If you didn't already know, Manben is documentary series hosted by Naoki Urasawa. Each episode takes a look at a mangaka's place of work with cameras placed in unintrusive areas for a whole day and Urasawa discusses the footage with each episodes' artist. It's all very humbling.
#12011  November 04, 2017, 03:24:29 am
    • USA
Anyone know why they swtiched out this week's Garo? The preview they had for next week was the one they had last week
This time
This time
#12012  November 04, 2017, 04:38:27 am
The previews looked fine to me. I didn't notice any switching.
#12013  November 04, 2017, 10:01:14 am
I had no time to watch or follow anything new. I'll list "Fist Of The Blue Sky" as I am interested to see it's new tv Anime project once it's there.
#12014  November 04, 2017, 11:45:49 am
oh yeah they're re-adapting fist of the blue sky. it's an underwhelming manga tbh, the author ran out of ideas after 10 volumes because it just kept on repeating itself after that.
i'd rather they re-adapt fist of the north star tbh.
I'm going to let god handle you people ✞
#12015  November 05, 2017, 03:28:23 am
Shinichiro Wantanabe is reportedly working with Bones on a new music inspired anime project.

It's nice to hear he's finally working on something again. I was afraid the Bladerunner anime short was going to be the last we saw of him for a while. In between this and somebody being dumb enough to give Ikuhara another chance at making an anime project, my last long shot anime wish is for Mamoru Oshii to make an anime project again instead of those live action movies.
Last Edit: November 05, 2017, 03:35:36 am by LurkerSupreme
#12016  November 05, 2017, 03:45:25 am
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
So it's Watanabe, so it's likely going to be very western.  It's musically inspired.  And it has to do with Australia's imagery, specifically about Mad Max?

Guys, I think it might finally be time for Immortan Joe's Guitar Guy to shine.
#12017  November 05, 2017, 05:37:24 pm
oh yeah they're re-adapting fist of the blue sky. it's an underwhelming manga tbh, the author ran out of ideas after 10 volumes because it just kept on repeating itself after that.
i'd rather they re-adapt fist of the north star tbh.

That would be Excellent man. Fist Of The North Star would hype many people. It has many fans. It should even have crossovers. I wish they did it.
#12018  November 11, 2017, 03:30:54 am
How goes the season for everyone else? This is what I'm still hanging on to.

MMO Junkie: I was hoping for adult Watamote when I first saw it but it isn't that at all. Probably for the better because this show is entertaining enough as is. Would rather the romance sub-plot not head towards a videogame-themed love triangle, as it's starting to hint at.

Blood Blockade Battlefront Bed Bath & Beyond: My favorite for this season. They brought back the zany atmosphere from the first season fully intact while having character themed episodes for all the interesting and neglected supporting cast members. Maybe the only knock is that there isn't much interconnected story so far, not that it's necessary,

Garo -Vanishing Line- : The horror of the week and character/ world building stuff is nice, but I'm hoping that they start to make more progress on the El Dorado stuff. Not even close to Crimson Moon levels of worry yet, just need some more assurance.

Magic Circle Guru Guru: the rpg shenanigans are still going strong. Finally got a new OP too.

Osomatsu-san: Still a good comedy to me. Needs some more surreal episodes; those are usually my favorite.

Urahara:  I appreciate the unpolished artstyle of the show. It reminds me of Rolling Girls, except they had no budget from the start. The relationship between the trio doesn't feel as artificially cute as other shows. More of an awkward watch than a good one, but it still holds my attention for now.

Zodiac War: This show is getting boring, mostly due to every mini character arc having the same structure so far to the point of being too predictable. Hoping for some sort of change up soon.

Ancient Magus Bride: Runner-up favorite for this season. Digging everything about this production.
#12019  November 11, 2017, 05:44:43 am
    • USA
Garo tends to be the highlight of my week, it really grooving with me in a way that even the first one didn't really do. It's probably down to it's structure and aesthetic being kind of a throwback to late 90s/early 2000s anime.

Sticking with Inuyashiki, even though I wish there was a little bit more there visually I still really enjoy the story and it's good to see it in motion.

I always wonder if Shokugeki no Souma is doing parody or not, and that has never been more apparent with this latest plot, which is the classic "princess in the castle" anime plot laced with the absurdity of it happening in a cooking show.

Fate's winding down, and I can't help but feel that my biggest take away will be wondering what could have been if ufotable had done it. Lots of big moments that didn't quite hit because of J.C. Staff's usual animation tricks.
This time
This time
#12020  November 11, 2017, 09:17:17 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
I ahve only been watchign dragon ball super, hopefully I mgiht get a tv soon to play catch up.