YesNoOk

Gouken SF2 Sprite Sheet (and SF1 Portrait of him) (Read 255596 times)

Started by SiL3Nt J, August 10, 2015, 04:33:09 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Old School SF2 Gouken (Sprite sheet inside)
#41  August 20, 2015, 04:31:46 am
  • Thank you so very much.
    • dhillonpowell@gmail.com
    • Skype - dhillon2004521
    • dhillon521mugen.weebly.com/
Eh, I know. I spent about 3 weeks straight working on this for about 5-8 hours a day. Took forever. I'm not in a rush, just haven't heard back from anyone yet so I was just wondering. It has always been a dream of mine to see this character in SF2. Always thought it was such an awesome concept.

I wish I could do more work on it, but school started back this week and I have been bombarded. Anyone who thinks teaching is easy really has no idea.
School started on tuesday for me. I have all the sprites ripped into separate files and stuff.
But I need more ideas! I plan on it to be SF2WW Style though!
#42  August 20, 2015, 05:35:50 am
  • Cosmic Creations
  • The Living Dynamo
    • USA
    • electroslair.blogspot.com/
Thanks Electro, any way you could post a video of him? Also, is there anywhere to download it?

Yeah, if you want to work on the stage you are more than welcome to. I hope you will post a pic when it's finished.

VXC I didn't do the Shoryuken for this character because I didn't want him to have supers. I wanted him to be old school, like SF2 style. I would like to give him an unblockable electric Shoryuken though for a later version. Maybe next summer I will make a SSF2T version of him.

Like Victorys mentioned, it will take a second for Gouken to be done. If you've played any of my Ultimate SF2 chars then you might have of idea of how i'm doing him. For example I am changing his Ryu's looking stance into the stance Gouken has in SF4. Here is a ruff draft of what I got so far.

#43  August 20, 2015, 05:59:23 am
    • USA
    • saiguy1986@yahoo.com
Very nice Electro, I like the new stance. I was thinking of doing something like that but I just had to hurry up and finish him. Just promise me you won't make him overpowered or give him any super moves or anything unless it's a dragon punch super for the SSF2T version, but that should be a different version of the character. I actually haven't tried any mugen characters in a long time.... like 15 years. So not sure what you mean by that.

Btw, how did you make a gif in photobucket? I wanted to make a few gifs of him as well, but I couldn't find any gif makers that would create gifs lasting longer than a day.

Dhillon, are you a student or a teacher?
#44  August 20, 2015, 06:08:46 am
  • Cosmic Creations
  • The Living Dynamo
    • USA
When your in Fighter Factory, click on animations and look for the little Green Cactus symbol, with that you can make an animated gif. If you want to try out Ryu then visit my site : http://electroslair.blogspot.com/
#45  August 20, 2015, 06:29:56 am
    • USA
    • saiguy1986@yahoo.com
Not sure what fighter factory is, but I think someone should make a really bad ass old school game, like Super Street Fighter with more characters. The reason I never kept my Mugen game is because a lot of the characters weren't like they were in the games they were from. For example, the SF2 characters had all of these supers and it just wasn't the same. Is there anywhere to download an SF2 screen pack and the original versions of the characters?
#46  August 20, 2015, 06:41:21 am
  • Cosmic Creations
  • The Living Dynamo
    • USA
#47  August 20, 2015, 06:45:54 am
    • USA
    • saiguy1986@yahoo.com
Nice, so that edit pack has all of the complete stages and characters? Surprised it took so long for someone to make that.
#48  August 20, 2015, 06:54:46 am
  • Cosmic Creations
  • The Living Dynamo
    • USA
It's a work in progress, but I have the feeling he's going for the complete cast of chars. He strives for accuracy and that's what I feel your after. Where my version would be a homage, and not accurate.
#49  August 20, 2015, 11:04:20 pm
    • Skype - dhillon2004521
#50  August 21, 2015, 02:44:50 am
    • USA
    • saiguy1986@yahoo.com
Lol well be nice to your teachers, I don't think students realize the amount of bull shit that goes on behind the scenes.

Any way you could post a video of Gouken in action Electro?

Btw, nice job on the gif. I'm gonna put that on my desk top, the only site I found for gifs only lets them stay up for a day. Can you make one of him throwing the double ground fireball? That would be, as they say, epic.
Last Edit: August 21, 2015, 02:58:13 am by SiL3Nt J
#51  August 25, 2015, 01:05:04 pm
  • YERRRRRRRRRR
  • HIGHBRIDGE!
    • USA
    • Skype - DJHANNIBALROYCEUSA
    • sites.google.com/site/djhrmugen/
oh i didnt know you were doing him as a character too electro! (great minds think alike)...im coding him as we speak right now...i noticed while doing the palettes that he didnt do all the sprites in the same color. :(.....
Follow me on twitter! @djhannibalroyce
#52  August 25, 2015, 07:01:39 pm
  • Cosmic Creations
  • The Living Dynamo
    • USA
oh i didnt know you were doing him as a character too electro! (great minds think alike)...im coding him as we speak right now...i noticed while doing the palettes that he didnt do all the sprites in the same color. :(.....

Well the good thing is that since we have our own unique ways of approaching characters, that Ol' Gouken should turn out quite different. It will be fun to see how different that will be.  ;D As for the sprite sheet colors I know what you mean. I converted it to 256 colors and to my surprise it was actually over 256 colors. I managed to break it down to around 40 colors. Still to much, but it's good enough to work with.
#53  August 25, 2015, 10:27:25 pm
    • Skype - dhillon2004521
@ELECTR0 Because you seem to have progress could I work on it with you?
#54  August 25, 2015, 11:16:19 pm
  • YERRRRRRRRRR
  • HIGHBRIDGE!
    • USA

Well the good thing is that since we have our own unique ways of approaching characters, that Ol' Gouken should turn out quite different. It will be fun to see how different that will be.  ;D As for the sprite sheet colors I know what you mean. I converted it to 256 colors and to my surprise it was actually over 256 colors. I managed to break it down to around 40 colors. Still to much, but it's good enough to work with.

seeing the way u did ryu, i know its gonna be amazing. we gotta do a special intro!
#55  August 26, 2015, 12:31:06 am
  • Cosmic Creations
  • The Living Dynamo
    • USA

Theirs not really anything I need help with at the moment. I've already finished his moveset. Just working on tweaking sprites/animations is all I have left. If I do need help though i'll hit you up. Thanks for asking though.

seeing the way u did ryu, i know its gonna be amazing. we gotta do a special intro!

Thanks DJ! Yea let's do an intro. You think of an idea and well go with it.
#56  August 26, 2015, 02:58:45 am
    • Skype - dhillon2004521

Theirs not really anything I need help with at the moment. I've already finished his moveset. Just working on tweaking sprites/animations is all I have left. If I do need help though i'll hit you up. Thanks for asking though.

Thanks DJ! Yea let's do an intro. You think of an idea and well go with it.

Isn't this expected to play like SF2WW?
#57  August 26, 2015, 03:08:47 am
    • USA
    • saiguy1986@yahoo.com
Well, I tried as hard as I could. But about the color thing: What happened was I used the paint program and when I was finished, I would save it and close it out. Then when I re-opened it, I had to custom make the colors all over again and was just trying to match them up the best I could. The whole thing took about 3 weeks to complete in which I worked on it about 5-8 hours a day nonstop. It took a couple of days to color the gi, a couple of days to color the belt, and a hell of a long time to make the heads and color them. Some of them I had to do from scratch.

But yeah, it was intended to play like SF2 WW. That was what he was designed for, that was why I didn't give him any super moves. Hopefully someone won't make him MVC2 style or with all of these cheap super moves. He should be balanced.
#58  August 26, 2015, 03:26:15 am
  • YERRRRRRRRRR
  • HIGHBRIDGE!
    • USA
he wont be cheap. also, i was able to make 4 hypers from the the sprites available so thats awesome. the color thing couldve been alot worst so its no biggie. u really did a great job! and electros stand pose is very very good!
#59  August 26, 2015, 05:17:18 pm
  • YERRRRRRRRRR
  • HIGHBRIDGE!
    • USA

gouken preview
#60  August 26, 2015, 11:09:27 pm
    • Skype - dhillon2004521