YesNoOk

Jmorphman's WIP thread: Project S.H.I.N.(go): Shingo Beta out! (Read 2456424 times)

Started by Jmorphman, November 01, 2010, 09:13:43 pm
Share this topic:

Poll

Got a light?

This is the water
81 (25.2%)
And this is the well
77 (24%)
Drink full, and descend
33 (10.3%)
The horse is the white of the eye
37 (11.5%)
And the dark within
52 (16.2%)
This is the water
41 (12.8%)
And this is the well
0 (0%)
Drink full, and descend
0 (0%)
The horse is the white of the eye
0 (0%)
And the dark within
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 318

Re: Jmorphman's WIP thread: Benimaru BETA!!!
#5981  April 12, 2018, 03:13:56 am
I can't get Guile's intro to work against Varo_Hades' Rugal.  Guile does one of his default intros while Rugal stands there like a dumb after saying his first line with the statue between them.  I tried to find the trigger for the Vs. Rugal intro in the System files in Guile, but couldn't find it.  Do you know where the intro trigger is for which "Rugal" Guile faces off against?

yo oh wow JM had the correct spelling of rugal name. i changed the E to U in bernstein when i edit JM guile recently. simply just go to my rugal and change rugal name in the def and it will work. i must correct that also

Last Edit: April 12, 2018, 03:22:13 am by BahamianKing Gaming
#5982  April 12, 2018, 03:54:51 am
  • Idea!
    • USA
yo oh wow JM had the correct spelling of rugal name. i changed the E to U in bernstein when i edit JM guile recently. simply just go to my rugal and change rugal name in the def and it will work. i must correct that also

I fixed the name problem myself XP, but Guile still doesn't do the intro.  Your Rugal does his part, but JMM's Guile doesn't do his intro against him strangely enough ^..^;;;
Nevermind, found the trigger codes in Guile XP added the trigger for your Rugal ^..^
Last Edit: April 12, 2018, 04:19:28 am by The Sudden Rarity
#5983  April 12, 2018, 02:03:11 pm
oh yea i think i had to add rugal name to guile. thats why yours didnt do it. glad it works now for ya. if its ok with jm i was gonna share this updated version of his guile to everyone from the video there
#5984  April 12, 2018, 08:06:23 pm
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
Just give me the name of the Rugal in question, and I'll add it to Guile's list of triggers and reupload the file!
#5985  April 12, 2018, 08:26:29 pm
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
    • http://jesuszilla.trinitymugen.net/
#5986  April 12, 2018, 08:33:17 pm
  • Idea!
    • USA
Just give me the name of the Rugal in question, and I'll add it to Guile's list of triggers and reupload the file!

When BHKG updates varos_hades' Rugal's name:
Code:
Enemy, name = "Rugal Bernstein" && enemy, authorname = "varo_hades"
I think that's how it works XP
#5987  April 12, 2018, 09:02:29 pm
    • USA
#5988  April 13, 2018, 04:08:09 pm

When BHKG updates varos_hades' Rugal's name:
Code:
Enemy, name = "Rugal Bernstein" && enemy, authorname = "varo_hades"
I think that's how it works XP

yea thats how the name suppose to be JM had it right.thats my bad on my end. when i share updated rugal ill make sure have the name fix to that one sorry again
#5989  April 19, 2018, 04:51:53 am
will be so nice if you had plans to make Tessa and Kenji from warzard game, your standard is very good and very consistent.
Re: Jmorphman's WIP thread: JMORPHMAN NEEDS HELP!
#5990  May 10, 2018, 01:14:02 am
    • USA
I am currently working on a VERY SECRET PROJECT (it's actually not a secret, but I don't have anything new to show right now). In the meantime, I thought I might seek out some help on a few things while I'm occupied with Billy:

The first is Demitri, whose update I've been sitting on for a good long while. Unfortunately, Froz is too busy to work on the Demitri FX (which sucks; the samples he did were breathtakingly awesome), so, I'm gonna need someone else's help with all those effects.

The second is Chun-Li, who is almost basically ready to go, except for one animation. Felo recently converted Chun's close MK from SFIII to CvS
(this one)
and I tried to take that anim and use it to make her B+MK from SFIV:

but as you can see, I wasn't entirely successful. My very limited frankenspriting skills have once again fallen short, and I'm gonna need someone who's actually talented at something to help me out on this too.
#5991  May 13, 2018, 02:40:57 pm
If you or someone else could extract the needed frames and even scale them, I might take a look at it.
Quite busy atm.

Maybe you can try the Expansion Request Thread
Of course if anyone else is taking it, that'll be great!
#5992  May 15, 2018, 12:44:47 am
    • Brazil
    • chng.it/QbGdS8rbnh
Your honest thoughts about these?

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
Last Edit: May 15, 2018, 11:52:06 pm by NDSilva
#5993  May 16, 2018, 02:03:54 am
    • USA
    • twitter.com/inktrebuchet
I’m guessing Demitri’s aura will not be part of the new FX. I don’t know why I kept imagining the aura being included..
Last Edit: May 16, 2018, 02:09:14 am by ink
#5994  May 16, 2018, 02:59:14 am
    • USA
If you or someone else could extract the needed frames and even scale them, I might take a look at it.
Quite busy atm.
Well, the thing is, the animation is basically done, since the SFIII kick and the SFIV B+MK line up very very closely to each other; the gif I posted isn't exactly a 1:1 conversion from SFIV to CvS, but it's close enough that I don't think anyone will care that her arms aren't in exactly the same position, or whatever. I just think it needs a few tweaks—her foot should be pointing forward, and her recovery frames look pretty janky compared to the SFIII source animation—and it should be good to go!

Your honest thoughts about these?

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
I think the aura and the fireball are pretty solid, but could use some more tweaking; I don't think the fire/wave pattern on the aura should be quite so severe, for instance. I can't really tell about the Demon Cradle FX.

I’m guessing Demitri’s aura will not be part of the new FX. I don’t know why I kept imagining the aura being included..
That would take a ton of work and I'm not sure it would look very good, since it's so intertwined with his sprites.
#5995  May 16, 2018, 03:29:56 am
  • Cute Bounty Hunter
Since the Demitri release topic is currently too old, I'll post this here instead.

- I thought his intro had a voice clip (a sort of laugh).  Is it used elsewhere, or just unused?
- Have you thought about making his bowing win pose like in SvC where, instead of going back to the standing anim, he stays bowed and his aura animates off of that?
- For the CFJ-style Midnight Bliss, how about having the black screen flash red in time to the hit sounds so that there's a little more indication that something's happening?
#5996  May 16, 2018, 04:19:23 am
    • USA
Since the Demitri release topic is currently too old, I'll post this here instead.

- I thought his intro had a voice clip (a sort of laugh).  Is it used elsewhere, or just unused?
But it is there! Is it not showing up at all for you? Or maybe it's not working on some stages or against certain characters for some reason?

- Have you thought about making his bowing win pose like in SvC where, instead of going back to the standing anim, he stays bowed and his aura animates off of that?
I went back and forth on having Demitri stay bowing or having him revert to standing, but I ultimately went with return to standing because of this extremely weak justificiation I came up with: Demitri doesn't actually give a shit about showing deference to his opponent, the bowing is all a show, so he's not gonna hold it for very long.

- For the CFJ-style Midnight Bliss, how about having the black screen flash red in time to the hit sounds so that there's a little more indication that something's happening?
Ooh, that sounds very cool! I'll try it out, maybe also try throwing some blood in there too somewhere.
#5997  May 16, 2018, 05:26:26 am
  • Cute Bounty Hunter
But it is there! Is it not showing up at all for you? Or maybe it's not working on some stages or against certain characters for some reason?

You're right, it is there; but for some odd reason, it never plays even though by all rights it should.  I tried out four Demitris in the default training stage on 1.0, and none of them laughed.
#5998  May 16, 2018, 05:53:44 am
    • USA
Ah, wait, I figured it out! The voice clip plays as long as it isn't the first match (i.e., it would play if the match was rerun with F4, or if another match was played using the same instance of MUGEN), and the reason for that is that I had a StopSnd in -2 that disabled all his voices from playing for a short time after Darkside Master had been activated, and I screwed up the triggers a bit so that it would disable all voices for the first 60 ticks of GameTime.

Fixed!
#5999  May 18, 2018, 12:07:05 am
    • Brazil
    • chng.it/QbGdS8rbnh
I think the aura and the fireball are pretty solid, but could use some more tweaking; I don't think the fire/wave pattern on the aura should be quite so severe, for instance.
Got it. I will also make sure to use Kyo flames as future reference - as I should've used right from the start. :P

New sample
#6000  May 19, 2018, 04:25:16 pm
This one looks oddly good, a fine mix between hires and lowres somehow.
Still looks too grainy for the clean POTS style though, at least that's what I think.